Buena Onda Hostel Reviews

Next to the Petrol Station, West End, Roatan, Honduras

Very disappointed, this was the least comfortable hostel I stayed at in central America. The manager was friendly but totally obnoxious, the day I arrived she repeatedly hassled me to donate money to a stranger's birthday present and then proceeded to lead a bunch of locals in a raucous, drunken party, repeatedly screaming at the top of her lungs (every 5-10 minutes) all night long. 30%-50% of the guests clearly had no interest and went to bed. Also, as a destination, Roatan sucks, go to Utila.

I stayed at Buena Onda for a week in February. Sophie the owner arranged an airport pick up to ease my transition into the country. I was greeted with a warm welcome and tour of the facilities. The hostel has two mixed dorms, but the staff tries to keep the girls and boys separated if possible. The only downfalls of this wonderful place would be the spotty wifi connection and the lack of water on occasion. Neither of those two things would keep me from returning.

Really nice atmosphere here and the owner Sofie is really helpful

Nice hostel only about a 5 minute walk to downtown West End (from there only a 5-10 minute water taxi to West Bay). There is a very laid back atmosphere with friendly staff. It got a little hot at night as they only had a few fans, but overall it is a really great location for a really good price.