Buena Vista Hostel Ouro Preto Reviews

Rua Henri Gorceix, 198 Centro, Ouro Preto, Brazil

One staff spoke English and was very helpful. I spent a long time to find the hostel. Direction says that the hostel is next to bus station and Placa Tiradentes. Far from it! I was lucky that a guy who spoke English and happened to know the hostel stopped and helped me. From bus terminal cross over the small green to the road (rua Padre Rolim), follow the road till you see a church on your righf, take left, almost pararel to the road you have come. Climb up and the hostel is on your right.10min.

there is a stairway that you can use as a shortcut. We are locate 200m from the bus station, Its not far..

I enjoyed my stay there! Staff are helpful though cannot speak English.

We really liked the hostel. The employees were really nice! :-)

• 20th Apr 2015

I really enjoyed the atmosphere, the place is right located up on the hill and guarantee a good view from the city. The staff also was there all the time and very prestative, helpful and pro active! I cant wait to go back this year.

Only stayed one night so didn't get to know anyone there. Not many people spoke English and the wifi didn't work half the time. The staff tried to be as accommodating as possible, anyway. Very close to the central area and all the tourist attractions, though. A beautiful place in a beautiful city.

Very nice hostel, staff don't really have English but we made do with sign language. Rooms are lovely

A good hostel, it's close to the center but also up a big hill. The hostel is nice and staff are good. It wasn't very social though

Hi, we're happy that liked our hostel. During this season, we all were a little bit tired because of the new year and the preparation for the carnival, thats why we didn´t organize any parties ou barbecues. sometimes depends on our guests start a barbecue or a walk in bars.

really nice hostel!staff fantastic and helpfull, place quiet and confortable, nice breakfast,huge garden,definitly my favorite hostel in Brazil in a wonderful city

It is the most lovely, nice, helpful hostel I have ever stayed! It is well located, near to bus stop and near to the man square. Staff is super helpful, from the owner (Lucas, a lovely guy!) from the people in charge of the cleanning and reception. The atmosphere is nice because you can feel you are at home!

Best hostel we saw in brazil in 6 weeks. The manager was unbelievably helpful; he helped us securing other hostels on the phone, gave us rides in his car to the bank and gave lots of good tips. There is a huge back garden with a wonderful view on the colonial city and lots of common space. All in all, really an excellent experience. We warmly advise this hostel.

The hostel is close to the center of town and has a great atmosphere. I loved the lockers in the room and the breakfast. Please add directions to your description so that travelers understand how to arrive there from the bus station.

it would have been better if the pc worked

Our computer is already been fixed, but we have free WI FI for our guests.

Some of the staff has reasonable or good English, the rest speak only Portuguese. Good location, good value for money.

Loved the location and feel of the hostel, the staff were really friendly too. I wish i could have stayed longer

Great hostel.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Chile

It is in a very good location....it is one of the nearest hotels from the bus station...yet far from the madding crowd. They have wonderful breakfast and even have facilities for cooking...it is spacious....wonderful staff...10/10 !

• 24th Jun 2014
  • India

The staff are welcoming and very helpful. The hostel is close to the centre but like any location in Ouro Preto, is a steep walk back.

Stayed for one night, got upgraded for free to a private room and were allowed to zuse showers and have breakfast the morning before we checked in. We stayed while a Brazil match was on and the helpful and friendly ownerbset up TVs and drinks in the garden to watch it. Loud if you were trying to sleep but a good atmosphere. Room was clean, breakfast was good. Would recommend.

All was really good. I wish the staff had more local knowledge of the area to go out and explore. Everything was great though! I would definitely recommend it and go back.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

A good hostel, very nice and helpful staff - besides one person who welcomed us at our early check-in (6 am), we´ve announced it but yet he said we had to wait until 2pm to got our room - still other beds were free, but our tired faces did not convince him... all that to end up with our room not ready at 2pm! His lovely colleague let us enter another dorm and was super sociable, nice and helpful : let us do our laundry, indicated us good leisure spots.The breakfast was very good and diversified