Buena Vista Hostel Ouro Preto Reviews

Rua Henri Gorceix, 198 Centro, Ouro Preto, Brazil

Reasonable hostel, bit quiet when i was there, great staff. SUPERhelpfull and experienced travellers themselves. 1min from downtown.

Nearest the most important churches and places in the city. The rooms are big.

Nice Place and good located to the Busstaion and Center( 3-5in walk).it was nice to stay there and the owner is a young and friendly men how help with everthing. The place can still improve the rooms are nice just the 14 bed dorm ist not so comfortable because located in the basemant and not very atractive. besides this everthing fine and a good hostel breakfast with fresh Bred, Cheese, Bacon, Cake,Banana, Juice,Milk and Coffee in the morning. All in all all i would come back:-)

• 29th Dec 2015

Most of the staff speaks good English. Hostel is very quiet - at the moment I am the only guest here. If you are walking from the bus terminal - take a stairs uphill at the gas station after some minutes of walking - they are quite obvious.

Really quiet place, I was the only one staying there. The staff was friendly but didn't speak much English. Good location 5 min walk to the bus terminal and 5 min to the historic center but it was a narrow street where I didn't feel safe walking home at night.

The Buena Vista Hostel was great choice during the time I spent in Ouro Preto. Perhaps it hasn't the best facilities in the city, but almost everything is clean and works good, besides the staff guys that are very nice folks!

One staff spoke English and was very helpful. I spent a long time to find the hostel. Direction says that the hostel is next to bus station and Placa Tiradentes. Far from it! I was lucky that a guy who spoke English and happened to know the hostel stopped and helped me. From bus terminal cross over the small green to the road (rua Padre Rolim), follow the road till you see a church on your righf, take left, almost pararel to the road you have come. Climb up and the hostel is on your right.10min.

there is a stairway that you can use as a shortcut. We are locate 200m from the bus station, Its not far..

I enjoyed my stay there! Staff are helpful though cannot speak English.

We really liked the hostel. The employees were really nice! :-)

• 20th Apr 2015

I really enjoyed the atmosphere, the place is right located up on the hill and guarantee a good view from the city. The staff also was there all the time and very prestative, helpful and pro active! I cant wait to go back this year.

Only stayed one night so didn't get to know anyone there. Not many people spoke English and the wifi didn't work half the time. The staff tried to be as accommodating as possible, anyway. Very close to the central area and all the tourist attractions, though. A beautiful place in a beautiful city.

Very nice hostel, staff don't really have English but we made do with sign language. Rooms are lovely

A good hostel, it's close to the center but also up a big hill. The hostel is nice and staff are good. It wasn't very social though

Hi, we're happy that liked our hostel. During this season, we all were a little bit tired because of the new year and the preparation for the carnival, thats why we didn´t organize any parties ou barbecues. sometimes depends on our guests start a barbecue or a walk in bars.

really nice hostel!staff fantastic and helpfull, place quiet and confortable, nice breakfast,huge garden,definitly my favorite hostel in Brazil in a wonderful city

It is the most lovely, nice, helpful hostel I have ever stayed! It is well located, near to bus stop and near to the man square. Staff is super helpful, from the owner (Lucas, a lovely guy!) from the people in charge of the cleanning and reception. The atmosphere is nice because you can feel you are at home!

Best hostel we saw in brazil in 6 weeks. The manager was unbelievably helpful; he helped us securing other hostels on the phone, gave us rides in his car to the bank and gave lots of good tips. There is a huge back garden with a wonderful view on the colonial city and lots of common space. All in all, really an excellent experience. We warmly advise this hostel.

The hostel is close to the center of town and has a great atmosphere. I loved the lockers in the room and the breakfast. Please add directions to your description so that travelers understand how to arrive there from the bus station.

it would have been better if the pc worked

Our computer is already been fixed, but we have free WI FI for our guests.

Some of the staff has reasonable or good English, the rest speak only Portuguese. Good location, good value for money.

Loved the location and feel of the hostel, the staff were really friendly too. I wish i could have stayed longer

« first « Prev 1 2 3