Buenos Aires Tango Hostel Reviews

Boedo 847, Buenos Aires, Argentina

the hostel itself was ok, nothing extraordinary, but alright for a stopover. at our arrival we were asked to pay a higher amount in pesos (transferred from us dollar) because the staff took the value of us dollars that you only get on the black market. so we ended up paying in dollar instead, just as they had wished. no luggage room, NO BREAKFAST(consisted of cookies only. when repacking our backs after check-out we were harshly asked to leave or pay for another night - very unusual behaviour

Way out of town and a bit dark and dingey!! Wasn't an awful hostel but stayed in better.

We stayed there for 3 nights and had a fantastic time. Whilst the hostel itself is not amazing, and the breakfast is pretty inexistant (tea and coffee), the owner is very cheerful and happy to provide help, the showers are hot and powerful, the atmosphere is fantastic... Helped by the laid back attitude of the staff and the communal areas. The people we met there were very friendly, and the hostel is located very close to the tube and bus stations to get anywhere you need to go,

Very quirky hostel in a nice area of the city. A bit far from the turisty parts but there are plenty of restaurants stores etc and right next to a subte stop. Not the cleanest hostel I've stayed in but it's affordable, good wifi, hot showers and air conditioning. Note that the price is in US dollars but if you pay in pesos they charge a little more.

sorry, we apology, but the difference wit the dolar is as follow: In Argentina are 3 different dolars. one is the oficial dolar + ar$ 8,65 today, 2nd dolar is turist dolar + ar$ 11,65 today and the last dolar is blue dolar + ar$ 13,70 today. We apply "Tutist dolar"for avoid confusion. best regards

Nice and quiet hostel if you need to get some sleep. Plenty of room to do your laundry (by hand). The place is not exactly clean though. The staff was ok, but when I left and I wanted to pay, the man charged me way too much. I had my bill in USD and wanted to pay in pesos. I used the currency converter and calculated around 400 pesos, but the man charged me 530 pesos. After a short discussion, I paid him the 530 because I did not want to get into an argument.

Sorry, we apology, but as you know, in Argentina are 3 diferent exchange for usd, one of them is oficial dolar = ar$ 8,65 today, other running dolar is turist dolar= ar$ 11,60 today and the last dolar is dolar blue or paralel dolar= ar$ 13,70 today. This situation is very confused in the moment of close the bill. we apply the "turist dolar" for this transaction and for unificate the rate. we apology if the man not speking english.For this reason we have decided to apply unique turist dolar.

This hostel has a excellent place to rest. Neighbourhood has a many restaurants and there are facilities about Buenos aires informations and the staff is very receptive. If i back to Buenos Aires I'll guest here.

oh! thanks very much. waiting you in next trip to Buenos Aires.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels