Bumbles Backpackers Queenstown Reviews

Bumbles Backpackers, Cnr of Lake Esplanade & Brunswick Sts., Queenstown, New Zealand

Amazing views from the rooms!

I was Room 7 and had a perfect view of the lake! Really spectacular to wake up to- and the deck was very relaxing to hang out in! Bed was comfy, kitchen was spacious. Only downside was the wifi- it would constantly log me out (and my roommates) even when we were in the hostel. Bumbles is so close to the downtown city center, I could leave my room and be in the center in less than five minutes.

Perfect location with a beautiful view I woke up every morning with a smile on my face.

Bumples Backpackers was the best hostel I stayed at in all of New Zealand! The location was incredible, very clean, good value for my money and none of that even came close to the amazing staff. Fiona was the most incredible hostel staff I've ever dealt with. She was so friendly and helpful with absolutely everything I needed. I came to NZ with zero plan and she booked my car, amazing activities, accommodation in multiple cities and gave the best recommendations. Highly recommend!! :)

Awesome hostel! Fiona was very helpful! Lovely rooms and views! Highly reccommended !

• 19th Jan 2016

A really good vibe, friendly and helpful staff, great location. Probably the best hostel I stayed in in NZ.

• 13th Jan 2016

Wow - that's great. Thank you

The staff were really friendly, and they organised this nice Christmas lunch with all the other guests which was really nice. It was in a really convenient location and had a lot of parking spaces, this is great as we can just leave the car in the hostel and just walk to the cbd in no time. There were lockers in the room and we appreciate that our dorm had its own toilet and bath. The dorm was really spacious, clean and it was great that they had plenty of power ports. Loved the lake view!

Thanks for your review. Nice to hear that you enjoyed the Christmas lunch at Bumbles. Best wishes for the New Year.

Best hostel I have ever been to! nice area, clean, just great!

Fantastic to hear. Thank you so much :)

Great place, great location. Would stay here again!

Perfect!!! Great hostel with a nice view!! Very worth it! Has toilet inside the room.

A superb hostel, great friendly and helpful staff, good kitchen facilities and big common area with TV and dvd for rainy days. Beautiful lake view. Rooms comfy and clean. Well maintained hostel. Luggage storage available - very useful. Not noisy at night time as far enough away from the Main Street that you can get a good nights rest, but close enough that you can go out and see the town too! Great hostel and highly recommended.

Bumbles is a bit more expensive than some of the other hostels, but the beautiful views of the lake and mountains explain why. The kitchen facility and common room were very nice, and usually not crowded. The rooms had in-suite bathrooms, which was great, though I couldn't find a bathroom in the common area, which was a bit annoying. The other guests were very friendly and there was always someone going out in the evening if you wanted to join, but you could also stay in and sleep as well.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. My room was cleaned daily and the views are just breathtaking. The free bikes are a great bonus! Must stay here of staying in Queenstown!!

• 2nd Dec 2015

I arrived late and was very happy to see my key had been left out for me in a convenient place. The hostel has a very chilled out vibe to it, which I really liked. The rooms are spacious and had good sized lockers, and the kitchen is well-equipped. I was out most of the time, so can't comment on the atmosphere much.

• 2nd Dec 2015

The hostel itself is awesome. Beutiful views over the lake, which make this place better than Nomads. I like rooms 7 and 8 as they have a deck out the front that you can relax and drink with the lads.

• 27th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Very friendly staff, great location with brilliant views. Thanks again for letting me stash my gear for the Routeburn :)

• 23rd Nov 2015

I had a very nice stay. The staff was very helpful. The location is just the best 2 min walk and your in the city, but still you fill like your not i the middle of everything. Facilities was very nice and could not put a finger on anything.

Lots of space in the rooms. Very clean and view on the lake. Well placed so can walk everywhere.

Awesome location right by the lake. Dorms are more like individual complexes which adds a nice touch of privacy. Kitchen facilities are sufficient but could be a bit cleaner. Staff are very nice. Would definitely go back and highly recommend it for a stay in Queenstown.

Fantastic location, best view from my bed that I've ever had! Nice and clean, all necessary facilities. Wifi was poor, but I was too busy enjoying the breathtaking views to really worry!!