Bumbles Backpackers Queenstown Reviews

Bumbles Backpackers, Cnr of Lake Esplanade & Brunswick Sts., Queenstown, New Zealand

The utensils in the kitchen are not that clean.

Nice little place, very friendly staff. Pleasant stay. Wifi pretty average though

• 10th Aug 2014

My fiend and I had a great stay at Bumbles. Close to everything but a quiet and comfortable place to come back to and chill out. Staff were friendly and even though there was a mix up on our first night they were still really accommodating and helpful.

• 3rd Aug 2014

I only stayed for one night, but was wishing I had continued my stay. Reception greets you with friendly faces and helps plan your stay to be smooth and enjoyable, the room is clean and looks new (plus I got an AMAZING view from room 8!) and I'm sure the kitchen and common areas are great, just that I didn't get time to visit it that day.

• 20th Jul 2014

Great hostel in an amazing location. Worth it for the view itself!

located just beside the lake, modest parking space, love the lounge, a bit to small for the kitchen and dining room, it gets cramped on dinner time. love the number 8 room, large window with wakatipu lake view. would love to stay there again sometime. a large kitchen and dining room would make it perfect!

Really nice hostel with great location and staff

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Staff was very helpful, anticipating things I might need. Very professional.

Thanks for the positive feedback :-) Glad you enjoyed your stay - from all the Bumbles Team

I had a great stay there. I was in a 6-bed dorm and was lucky to have a single bed so that was pretty comfortable. The staff were great - friendly and very accommodating to some of my requests. On my first couple of days the wifi didn't work very well, but they got someone to fix it one afternoon and I have no complaints since. While the location is outside the town centre, it's so close to it that it really didn't matter. Great view of the lake too, the few times I was in during the day.

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay :-) From all the crew at Bumbles

It's very comfortable place and we saw a very beautiful lake here.

Perfect location. Staff was awesome. Awesome views from the rooms.

Brilliant Hostel & Staff

• 21st Apr 2014

Nice place to stay. Some people seem to be living there while working on holiday visas etc. A small swimming bag of mine was stolen while there with wet swim gear in it. My advice, leave nothing around unlocked- I learnt the hard way! The views of the lake are amazing. The free wifi is very slow at busy times. Overall I probably would recommend it to a friend.

It is extremely surprising to read your comment about your wet swim gear. Theft is not a common occurrence at Bumbles and it is something we take very seriously. I have investigated this matter and found a bag containing a red bikini in lost property (it was found behind the bedside locker in room 8 last week by the cleaning staff). I will send a photo to you directly via email & arrange postage if you'd like. Shame about the confusion. Glad you enjoyed your stay anyway. Happy future travels :-)

Ok folks, there is absolutely no doubt that BUMBLES is the best hostel in Queenstown! I stayed there for a week, but jumped around to friends hostels a lot. Fiona and her crew provide a great service and hook you up with deals for the area's best activities. The location is unreal. The lakefront views are outstanding. The bars in town are great, but a quick 3 minute walk is all it takes to get away from the late night noise of the city. I honestly would not stay anywhere else! (Matt, USA)

• 22nd Mar 2014

You've made us smile - thanks :-)

Definitely the best and tiediest I stayed while my trip so far. The amazing view on the lake side as well as the mountains have been an additional high light.

Best hostel in town by far, if not in New Zealand. Clean as a whistle, staff friendly and helpful as hell. Has a really nice atmosphere and definitely worth staying in. Thumbs up.

Big kitchen, big dorm with nice views of the lake. Very good dorm actually, but no lockers. Great staff!

nice and clean hostel with helpful staff!

Bumbles is in a prime location with stunning views from every room and quiet (which is hard to find in Queenstown). Its always clean, the staff is friendly and all in all its probably the best place to stay in Queenstown! It would be nice if the kitchen was a bit bigger and if they had additional bathrooms to the one that is in your room. But its close to perfection ;)

Delighted you had a nice stay :-) - from all the team at Bumbles

In front of the lake and besides the center of town. Perfect location!

Thanks for your review :-)