Bumbles Backpackers Queenstown Reviews

Bumbles Backpackers, Cnr of Lake Esplanade & Brunswick Sts., Queenstown, New Zealand

Loved staying here its a home away from home friendly staff the view is spectacular and close to QT town centre

The lady on the reception was very welcoming and gave uz lots of information! The rooms of the hostel are pretty and thewhole place Iis incredibly clean!! The location is awesome - so 2 thumbs up!!

• 21st Oct 2014

We had an awesome view of the lake in Queenstown! There was a chair and table in our room that overlooked the lake. Wonderful. I was traveling with eight friends. Six of us were in a six-bunk room. We shared a bathroom.

• 2nd Oct 2014

This is a good hostel with a quiet location on the lake but close enough walk to the city center. My main complaint is the wifi. They give it for free but it barely works and I had to go to the YHA to use their wifi to make future travel reservations. I would rather pay for wifi that works than get free wifi that barely works at all.

I was happy with the room but after my daughters wedding got back to the hostel there were rugby players they were very drunk laughing doing what drunk people do so we decided to leave without staying the night bit unhappy that i lost $58.00 for the cost of the room .The reason we left was we wouldnt get any sleep at all if the players werent there things would be better

• 20th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel is very nice, clean, cozy and perfectly located. The big windows facing the lake are awsome, for themselves already make the stay there worth. The staff is helpfull and friendly, specially Fiona :). The only problem is the bathrooms. There is only one inside the bedroom and if someone is taking a shower in the morning and you need the toilet the waiting is not pleasant. They should have common toilets in the comon area, then there would be nothing at all to complain!

Thanks for your comments. There are other toilets and showers available - you just need to get a key from reception. Pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Bumbles ;-)

We had a great week at Bumbles. The staff were friendly, helpful and available, contributing to a relaxing, pleasant atmosphere. The rooms were clean and comfortable, as was the kitchen and lounge area. Staying to sit an exam, we were able to get a solid 8 hours sleep in the dorm rooms and there was no issue when we did return late on the final night. Overall I would recommend Bumbles wholeheartedly to anyone wanting to stay in Queenstown, whether they want to party or wake up early to explore.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Thanks for the review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us - from the Bumbles team

I had a wonderful stay at Bumbles. The staff is super friendly and very helpful with activities in the area. Only complaint was that the wifi was a bit slow, but other than that my stay was top notch.

• 1st Sep 2014

Thanks for taking time to give some feeback. Apologies about the wifi. We're happy you enjoyed your stay - from the Bumbles team :-)

The utensils in the kitchen are not that clean.

Nice little place, very friendly staff. Pleasant stay. Wifi pretty average though

• 10th Aug 2014

My fiend and I had a great stay at Bumbles. Close to everything but a quiet and comfortable place to come back to and chill out. Staff were friendly and even though there was a mix up on our first night they were still really accommodating and helpful.

• 3rd Aug 2014

I only stayed for one night, but was wishing I had continued my stay. Reception greets you with friendly faces and helps plan your stay to be smooth and enjoyable, the room is clean and looks new (plus I got an AMAZING view from room 8!) and I'm sure the kitchen and common areas are great, just that I didn't get time to visit it that day.

• 20th Jul 2014

Great hostel in an amazing location. Worth it for the view itself!