Bumbles Backpackers Queenstown Reviews

Bumbles Backpackers, Cnr of Lake Esplanade & Brunswick Sts., Queenstown, New Zealand

Fantastic - would stay again. Good bathrooms, clean, centrally located.

Great hostel One of the best Shame they don't have a bar though

We arrived past midnight on the day of the check-in after driving for 4 hours straight. Although the reception was closed, the staff had left our dorm keys outside for us. We proceeded to our room and our dormmates had set up a welcoming party for us. After driving for so long and getting drenched in the rain, this was the best welcome we could ever get at any hotel we've stayed with. If ever I were to head back to Queenstown (which I most likely will), I'll be sure to stay at Bumbles!

I really enjoyed my stay at Bumbles and thought it was one of the nicest hostels I've been in. Everything was really well cleaned and the view from the room was amazing. The staff were also super helpful in organising activities during our stay in Queenstown. Would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of staying in Queenstown.

Beautiful location; clean and comfortable rooms; kitchen well-stocked and all round happy and helpful staff. bravo!

Great hostel, great location and the staff was amazingly helpful!

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Good sized room with decent ensuite, free wifi didn't work for me very well but aside from that a nice cosy hostel.

Bumbles is a nice hostel! They have a pretty nice kitchen/living room area and the rooms are clean. My only complaint is the layout of the rooms are a little strange. For an 8 person dorm they only have a single toilet and shower that's also shared with the private room. It's okay but you don't feel like you have much privacy.

MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE HOSTEL IN NEW ZEALAND. Bumbles is great. The views of Lake Wakatipu are just stunning. Staff were really helpful when I needed to buy a new phone charger, get to the airport etc. Rooms were super clean and there was a great kitchen/common area. Free wifi was dodgey at times. Only 2 minutes walk from town. Would definitely stay again and recommend!

Great views of the lake. Spacious rooms with basin as well as "en suite". Comfortable and clean. Free Wifi a bit slow. I recommend this hostel.

Loved staying here its a home away from home friendly staff the view is spectacular and close to QT town centre

The lady on the reception was very welcoming and gave uz lots of information! The rooms of the hostel are pretty and thewhole place Iis incredibly clean!! The location is awesome - so 2 thumbs up!!

• 21st Oct 2014

We had an awesome view of the lake in Queenstown! There was a chair and table in our room that overlooked the lake. Wonderful. I was traveling with eight friends. Six of us were in a six-bunk room. We shared a bathroom.

• 2nd Oct 2014

This is a good hostel with a quiet location on the lake but close enough walk to the city center. My main complaint is the wifi. They give it for free but it barely works and I had to go to the YHA to use their wifi to make future travel reservations. I would rather pay for wifi that works than get free wifi that barely works at all.

I was happy with the room but after my daughters wedding got back to the hostel there were rugby players they were very drunk laughing doing what drunk people do so we decided to leave without staying the night bit unhappy that i lost $58.00 for the cost of the room .The reason we left was we wouldnt get any sleep at all if the players werent there things would be better

• 20th Sep 2014