Bumbles Backpackers Queenstown Reviews

Bumbles Backpackers, Cnr of Lake Esplanade & Brunswick Sts., Queenstown, New Zealand

Nice place to stay. Some people seem to be living there while working on holiday visas etc. A small swimming bag of mine was stolen while there with wet swim gear in it. My advice, leave nothing around unlocked- I learnt the hard way! The views of the lake are amazing. The free wifi is very slow at busy times. Overall I probably would recommend it to a friend.

• 8th Apr 2014

Ok folks, there is absolutely no doubt that BUMBLES is the best hostel in Queenstown! I stayed there for a week, but jumped around to friends hostels a lot. Fiona and her crew provide a great service and hook you up with deals for the area's best activities. The location is unreal. The lakefront views are outstanding. The bars in town are great, but a quick 3 minute walk is all it takes to get away from the late night noise of the city. I honestly would not stay anywhere else! (Matt, USA)

• 22nd Mar 2014

You've made us smile - thanks :-)

Definitely the best and tiediest I stayed while my trip so far. The amazing view on the lake side as well as the mountains have been an additional high light.

nice and clean hostel with helpful staff!

Bumbles is in a prime location with stunning views from every room and quiet (which is hard to find in Queenstown). Its always clean, the staff is friendly and all in all its probably the best place to stay in Queenstown! It would be nice if the kitchen was a bit bigger and if they had additional bathrooms to the one that is in your room. But its close to perfection ;)

Delighted you had a nice stay :-) - from all the team at Bumbles

In front of the lake and besides the center of town. Perfect location!

Thanks for your review :-)

The dorm room had huge glass windows looking at the lake.. niice. Good place, no complaints. Short walk from the center.

An excellent independent backpackers located a short walk from central Queenstown. Ask for room seven - it has a great view. My only criticism is that like most other NZ buildings it's poorly insulated and will be quite cold in mid winter.

Great hostel, but very disappointed with the free Wifi. Stayed 3 nights and could only make use of it for 2 hours because it never worked.

Only stayed one night, arrived late and left early, so not too much to review. But the room was alright, and the place isn't that far from city center at all. Lockers would have been nice as well as reading lamps.

Thanks for your comments. There are small lockers in the dorm rooms where you can leave your valuables - you just need your own padlock. Enjoy the rest of your travels - from the Bumbles team

The view to the lake from the room number seven is pretty great, also the place is clean and the rooms and communal areas are cosy and peaceful. This was also the first place I've been staying where the dryer actually worked as it's supposed to work. Money well spent.

Good spot. Really nice waterfront view from the rooms. And right on the edge of town. Close walk to anywhere.

It would have been nice to have access to another bathroom (the big public bathroom for rooms without ensuite was locked to others) because with six people in a room it's often hard to get into the loo or brush teeth, which sucks if you're in a hurry! But otherwise great hostel.

Location excellent, could see everything from both the rooms I stayed in. Kitchen was well stocked and clean. Room was secure but no lockers. Free wifi is good but it is sometimes very temperamental. Good facilities. Ensuite bathrooms were great but can be loud early morning. Staff were fine but they can't handle multiple bookings made for one person. I had to check out, store my luggage, check back in and change rooms. If you have multiple bookings, I would call ahead to save the drama.

The staff at Bumble Backpackers is amazing. We had a kind of uncomfortable situation with one of the guests in our room and the service and handling of this situation by the staff was outstanding. We really appreciated it. The location is great, right by the lake with a wonderful view and 3 minutes walk to the city. They also have free bikes for hire and the staff gives really good advice and help on what to do.

Incredible stay for three nights at Bumbles!

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Couple, 41+

NZ doesn't seem to have the best hostels but this one is pretty great. Super comfy beds, good common area/kitchen, a few minutes out of the main part if town which is nice. Wifi isn't perfect but for New Zealand it's pretty good. I'd definitely stay again if I were back in Queenstown!

Its a great hostel with with very friendly staff, its also very clean and great views of queenstown. Would defiantly recommend it!

• 12th Dec 2013

Not at the center of town but still very near. Peaceful at night away from bars. Very nice view of lake and mountains. Staff was very nice and helpful. My second time to stay here.

We love to see guests return to Bumbles. Thanks for your review - from the Bumbles Crew :-)

When I wanted to check in, the reception was closed but I talked to the women in the kitchen and she said really harshly that she has her break. So I asked if I could sit down in the kitchen aswell and wait. I was allowed to. But when she finished her break she didn't said anything to me just went back to the office but she defnitly saw me waiting for her.

Apologies that you got the impression you were ignored - this was not the case. Staff are not always going directly to the office when leaving the kitchen area - hence the reason you were not informed she was going back to reception. Sorry for the confusion with this. Thanks for your feedback. Enjoy the rest of your travels - from the Bumbles Crew