Bumbles Backpackers Queenstown Reviews

Bumbles Backpackers, Cnr of Lake Esplanade & Brunswick Sts., Queenstown, New Zealand

The hostel is very nice, clean, cozy and perfectly located. The big windows facing the lake are awsome, for themselves already make the stay there worth. The staff is helpfull and friendly, specially Fiona :). The only problem is the bathrooms. There is only one inside the bedroom and if someone is taking a shower in the morning and you need the toilet the waiting is not pleasant. They should have common toilets in the comon area, then there would be nothing at all to complain!

Thanks for your comments. There are other toilets and showers available - you just need to get a key from reception. Pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Bumbles ;-)

We had a great week at Bumbles. The staff were friendly, helpful and available, contributing to a relaxing, pleasant atmosphere. The rooms were clean and comfortable, as was the kitchen and lounge area. Staying to sit an exam, we were able to get a solid 8 hours sleep in the dorm rooms and there was no issue when we did return late on the final night. Overall I would recommend Bumbles wholeheartedly to anyone wanting to stay in Queenstown, whether they want to party or wake up early to explore.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Thanks for the review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us - from the Bumbles team

I had a wonderful stay at Bumbles. The staff is super friendly and very helpful with activities in the area. Only complaint was that the wifi was a bit slow, but other than that my stay was top notch.

• 1st Sep 2014

Thanks for taking time to give some feeback. Apologies about the wifi. We're happy you enjoyed your stay - from the Bumbles team :-)

The utensils in the kitchen are not that clean.

Nice little place, very friendly staff. Pleasant stay. Wifi pretty average though

• 10th Aug 2014

My fiend and I had a great stay at Bumbles. Close to everything but a quiet and comfortable place to come back to and chill out. Staff were friendly and even though there was a mix up on our first night they were still really accommodating and helpful.

• 3rd Aug 2014

I only stayed for one night, but was wishing I had continued my stay. Reception greets you with friendly faces and helps plan your stay to be smooth and enjoyable, the room is clean and looks new (plus I got an AMAZING view from room 8!) and I'm sure the kitchen and common areas are great, just that I didn't get time to visit it that day.

• 20th Jul 2014

Great hostel in an amazing location. Worth it for the view itself!

located just beside the lake, modest parking space, love the lounge, a bit to small for the kitchen and dining room, it gets cramped on dinner time. love the number 8 room, large window with wakatipu lake view. would love to stay there again sometime. a large kitchen and dining room would make it perfect!

Really nice hostel with great location and staff

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Staff was very helpful, anticipating things I might need. Very professional.

Thanks for the positive feedback :-) Glad you enjoyed your stay - from all the Bumbles Team

I had a great stay there. I was in a 6-bed dorm and was lucky to have a single bed so that was pretty comfortable. The staff were great - friendly and very accommodating to some of my requests. On my first couple of days the wifi didn't work very well, but they got someone to fix it one afternoon and I have no complaints since. While the location is outside the town centre, it's so close to it that it really didn't matter. Great view of the lake too, the few times I was in during the day.

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay :-) From all the crew at Bumbles

It's very comfortable place and we saw a very beautiful lake here.

Perfect location. Staff was awesome. Awesome views from the rooms.

Brilliant Hostel & Staff

• 21st Apr 2014

Nice place to stay. Some people seem to be living there while working on holiday visas etc. A small swimming bag of mine was stolen while there with wet swim gear in it. My advice, leave nothing around unlocked- I learnt the hard way! The views of the lake are amazing. The free wifi is very slow at busy times. Overall I probably would recommend it to a friend.

It is extremely surprising to read your comment about your wet swim gear. Theft is not a common occurrence at Bumbles and it is something we take very seriously. I have investigated this matter and found a bag containing a red bikini in lost property (it was found behind the bedside locker in room 8 last week by the cleaning staff). I will send a photo to you directly via email & arrange postage if you'd like. Shame about the confusion. Glad you enjoyed your stay anyway. Happy future travels :-)