Bumbles Backpackers Queenstown Reviews

Bumbles Backpackers, Cnr of Lake Esplanade & Brunswick Sts., Queenstown, New Zealand

Excellent hostel located on the lake close to all the bars/restaurants/shops

Very nice, modern hostel. Good beds, clean rooms with enough space and a good kitchen. Only the shower was really bad in our room but told the manager and she seemed to take it really serious. Thumbs up, highly recommended.

location is great! only 3/4 min walk from all the buzz...BUT..Internet is shockingly bad!! you can't even send an email! and you don't get any signal in room 9! Reception closes at 7:30 pm so if anything happens there's not much you can do..plus reception staff are not the friendliest (don't get in their way when they're cleaning the lounge and kitchen at 11-12)! kitchen utensils are minimal and there's no oil or salt or anything a backpacker needs to have! Overall Very disappointed!

Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear this. The wifi signal has been upgraded so it is now possible to use wifi in room 9 :) The kitchen utensils have been topped up accordingly. There are always emergnecy numbers on the door of reception to call if there are any issues after hours. Thanks again for your feedback

I stayed in the hostel on 12th Mar and the lady staff was very very helpful. The only issue was there was no hot water for my shower in the evening. Except this issue, the hostel is clean, perfect location (10 mins walk from town centre which you can avoid the crowd) with a wonderful lakeview

Kitchen is lacking. With so many travelers passing through, some basic spices (at least salt) and paper goods wouldn't hurt.

This might have been my favorite hostel to stay in during my trip. Easy access to power outlets, wifi throughout the building, good kitchen/lounge area, AMAZING view of the lake and mountains - and right behind the access road leading up the to trailheads, and very comfortable with in-room lockers and an ensuite bathroom. The free bikes were a bonus! Plus, the kitchen was open until midnight and the staff was more than willing to give you a kitchen key if you had to leave before they opened up.

shower didn't have any hot water, and wifi in room didn't work very well. everything else was ok.

• 11th Mar 2015

Thanks for your review. Last week we had another signal installed near room 8 which has sped up the wifi greatly. The plumber has been contacted to have a look at the shower ;)

Fantastic location! I could see the lake from my dorm bed!! Kitchen was nice and the common area was great too. Take points off for crappy wifi in room. It was like 500 kbps even in the common area. Ugh... Also, the shared bathroom was kind of stinky. I'd still stay here on account of the location alone. And off-street parking is nice!

Great little hostel with awesome views of the lake. Little expensive but oh well.

Lovely place to stay. Fantastic lakefront location. At the same time, just far enough from the the hustle & bustle of the main town. Staff was extremely helpful. Would love to come back again and stay @ Bumbles

• 25th Feb 2015
  • India

Fantastic - would stay again. Good bathrooms, clean, centrally located.

Great hostel One of the best Shame they don't have a bar though

We arrived past midnight on the day of the check-in after driving for 4 hours straight. Although the reception was closed, the staff had left our dorm keys outside for us. We proceeded to our room and our dormmates had set up a welcoming party for us. After driving for so long and getting drenched in the rain, this was the best welcome we could ever get at any hotel we've stayed with. If ever I were to head back to Queenstown (which I most likely will), I'll be sure to stay at Bumbles!

Loved bumbles. Such great views, and I loved it.

I really enjoyed my stay at Bumbles and thought it was one of the nicest hostels I've been in. Everything was really well cleaned and the view from the room was amazing. The staff were also super helpful in organising activities during our stay in Queenstown. Would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of staying in Queenstown.

Beautiful location; clean and comfortable rooms; kitchen well-stocked and all round happy and helpful staff. bravo!

Great hostel, great location and the staff was amazingly helpful!

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Good sized room with decent ensuite, free wifi didn't work for me very well but aside from that a nice cosy hostel.

Bumbles is a nice hostel! They have a pretty nice kitchen/living room area and the rooms are clean. My only complaint is the layout of the rooms are a little strange. For an 8 person dorm they only have a single toilet and shower that's also shared with the private room. It's okay but you don't feel like you have much privacy.

MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE HOSTEL IN NEW ZEALAND. Bumbles is great. The views of Lake Wakatipu are just stunning. Staff were really helpful when I needed to buy a new phone charger, get to the airport etc. Rooms were super clean and there was a great kitchen/common area. Free wifi was dodgey at times. Only 2 minutes walk from town. Would definitely stay again and recommend!