8.8
Fabulous 664 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 664 Total Reviews
Bumbles Backpackers Queenstown Located at Bumbles Backpackers, Cnr of Lake Esplanade & Brunswick Sts., Queenstown.
New Zealand
Queenstown Bumbles Backpackers, Cnr of Lake Esplanade & Brunswick Sts.
88% 664

Great place to stay!

• jocrisfield2060
  • England, Female, 31-40
28th Nov 2016

Great location, beautiful views, great facilities and Fiona was amazingly kind when my card refused to work!!

26th Nov 2016

Bumbles Backpackers Hostel is honestly the perfect place to stay. When they say they have a beautiful view, they ain't lying. The walk from town takes about two minutes. Also the staff is top notch. I didn't have a phone that worked so any time I needed to make a call someone was there to provide help. Also I broke my foot while in Queenstown and a kind staff member, you know who you are, drove me all the way to the hospital. Highly recommend, because this hostel will go above your expectations!

So glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words! Hope your foot is on the mend and you're making progress on your essay :)

• Australia, Female, 18-24
25th Nov 2016

Really clean and spacious rooms. The staff were lovely and the facilities all well kept. Good spot too, really close to town.

17th Nov 2016

Bumbles was excellent! The view out of room 7 was exceptional-- you looked right over the lake. The location couldn't have been better, either. I had a car while in Queenstown and actually kept my car parked at Bumbles the entire time because I could walk to my various destinations easily. Having bikes easily available was definitely a plus, too. The one thing I would say needing improvement is the wifi. Many of the people in my room had a difficult time connecting.

Thanks for your fantastic review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We will look into options to improve the wifi. Cheers for the feedback :-)

• Germany, Female, 25-30
16th Nov 2016

Would come back, had a great time! Wonderfully helpful staff, good location, I just loved to look out of my window and see the lake and the Remarkables! Kitchen was superb, very content!

14th Nov 2016

Great location but parking was extremely difficult if you weren't lucky enough to get a spot in their off-street lot. The wifi was PAINFULLY slow when you could manage to stay connected. Also didn't really like not having soap or anything to dry hands with at any of the bathroom sinks. The staff was great though and they kept the place very clean, and we lucked out with good roommates. The location is great but the wifi situation was so bad that I don't think we will stay again.

Thanks for your review. We are very fortunate to have off street parking at Bumbles, where there is usually enough space for all guest vehicles. Luckily there are no time limits or charges for the street parking outside Bumbles if you need to park there. Apologies for the wifi - it can become slow when all guests are trying to use it at the same time. We are looking into making improvements :) There are soap dispensers on the wall by all the sinks at Bumbles. Towels are availalbe for rental for $1. Great to hear you were pleased with the staff, your roommates and our location - Fiona, Bumbles

• England, Female, 25-30
11th Nov 2016

Lovely hostel, small shower though. Extremely bad wifi though! Oops!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7th Nov 2016

Absolutely fantastic view. Good vibes. Some annoying teens in party mode but hey that's Queenstown. Only gripe would be their lack of an oven. Poorly designed kitchen...

Thanks for taking time to write some comments. Glad to hear you appreciated our amazing views, and didn't let the younger travelers affect your stay. There is an oven in the kitchen. Happy to hear you enjoyed the vibes @ Bumbles :-)

5th Nov 2016

Oh Bumbles, you were fantastic! Clean room and en suite bathroom. The top bunk was super, super shaky, but when I moved to a bed in the other room, I slept like a rock. Staff was great to work with - moving beds, extending a night, recs for day trips - they were understanding and helpful. The view from the window was unparalleled - right over the lake directly across from the mountains. And I made friends with roommates, which is exactly why I stay in hostels. Overall a very lovely stay!