Bumbles Backpackers Queenstown Reviews

Bumbles Backpackers, Cnr of Lake Esplanade & Brunswick Sts., Queenstown, New Zealand

Great place! Queenstown is a small city so downtown is about a 5 minute walk. Nice views of the lake and mountains!

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed at. Friendly staff, clean living and superb views.

Really nice hostel with very friendly staff. Brilliant location as well.

Wonderful location, just a short walk to the center, and lovely view from the room (but then again Queenstown is just gorgeous from any angle). Staff were really helpful, and happy to answer any questions as well as book activities for you. Was travelling solo and met some lovely people at the hostel so would highly recommend.

Excellent hostel! Would absolutely recommend the hostel! One of the best hostels I' ve ever stayed at. Best panoramic views of the lake.

Good hostel good location however very cold in the room despite small heater. Also on the first day cleaning came in the room before check out time which we did not appreciate

This was my first time in NZ and second hostel stay here. I loved the location- being able to sit on the bean bags in the lounge upstairs and look out over the water/mountains as I read was great. Everyone was also super friendly and gathered for movies/a big dinner every night. The most annoying thing was that there's no common bathroom so you'd have to go back to your room every time or walk to the public ones in town if they were in use, but that was a pretty minor complaint! I'll def be back

2 mins walk into town. Great, friendly staff who know the area well. Ski pick up is 1 min walk away. A fantastic stay :)

Absolutely loved this place. Would stay here again in a heart beat. Friendly staff, quiet living space, clean rooms/bathrooms.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Absolutely lovely hostel, staff were amazing. The wifi was very slow though.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We've just had fibre installed so wifi speed has much improved :-)

free wifi definitely a plus. good rooms with kitchen like area in the rooms.

Great hostel! Really above my expectations. Room was great, staff very attentive, felt safe all times and the view to the lake doesn't hurt. Loved it :)

Great to hear. It was lovely having you to stay :-)

Hostel was very cold in the NZ Winter, the heater didn't work in the first room I stayed in. However the staff was amazing and provided extra blankets and hot water bottles.

• 18th Jun 2015

Great friendly hostel. Great location only 5 min. walk from the center. Great view to the lake.

Great hostel clean and good people.

• 1st Jun 2015

The stay was good! Everyone we met were very nice and accommodating. The staff is amazing- super friendly and made me feel welcomed. There was old gum on the top corner of my bed post though which was kind of gross, but that hardly matters since it wasn't somewhere I would constantly put my hand. The rest of the place was pretty clean.

Gum has been removed :-) Glad you enjoyed your stay with us

Beautiful views being right beside the lake. Convenient location and helpful staff. Shared room was clean and spacious. Would stay here again.

• 29th May 2015

Delighted to hear :-)

Really lovely place to stay. Friendly and easy going staff, the dorms were kept very clean, tidy and warm. Excellent internet service an free laundry such a bonus. Had a great stay, would definitely return and stay again

Good hostel, great location near the lake and close to town. Definitely one of the top places to stay in Queenstown.

Fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Bumbles

I stayed here 4 nights. Great hostel, good for meeting people and the atmosphere is really nice. Location is also good, very close to the center with a nice view of the lake.

Super to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us :-)