Bumbles Bridge Street Backpackers Reviews

8 Bridge Street, Nelson, New Zealand

this is the worst hostel in the city, we felt treaten by other guests that seemed to be there for a long time, they felt like they owned the place and the room. we couldnt turn the lights on at 7pm because one guy was complaining and swering at us. Felt like being on a prison with all the worst people.

It wasn't as nasty as I had originally thought it was going to be, but the hallway smelled like cigarettes, which was unpleasant. The carpet needs to be replaced, and overall, the whole place looked run down. I booked this hostel because it was close to the Intercity bus station and I had an early bus to catch, but I'm not sure I'd stay here again.

I stayed just one night, luckily for me !! It's cheap, but it's dirty. The people at the reception are very unfriendly, bordering impolite. And it smells like cold cigarette everywhere.. It's disgusting. Also, there were cockroaches in the bathroom, that were dirty anyway... I can say it's by far the worst place I've been in NZ, and I've been here 6 months already.. better to pay a couple of dollars more and get a much better experience !!

A good enough place to stay for a night or two with a well appointed kitchen. TV room and comfortable enough dorms. The place is pretty dated but at only $20 you can probably look past that.