Bun Kao Guest House Reviews

#0556 Group 21, Banteay Chash Village, Siogram Commun, Siem Reap, Cambodia

We paid $5 per person for dorm beds. The The room had an attached bathroom with hot shower and toilet which is basic and clean which does the job. The staff are really nice; they taught khmer. The GH was pretty much dead so we didn't meet anyone there. They put little effort into a communal area compared to the surrounding GHs which were thriving with travellers. However we decided to use the Bun Kao s as it was cheaper than the surrounding GHs yet use their communal areas which was fine.

• 17th Dec 2014

The road leading up to the guesthouse is very bumpy and some tuk tiks might want to leave you at the end of the road or charge you extra, but other than that this is a fantastic place to stay. Staff are really friendly and breakfast is great too. Top notch for a budget stay.

• 7th Dec 2014

Mr Bun Kao and the staff are amazing! We arrived late and night and the staff were there to welcome us with open arms. The hostel is located down a little dirt road which makes for a bumpy but enjoyable tuk tuk ride. Everywhere in the city was accessible by tuktuk which took about 5-10 minutes. Rooms were clean and tidy and breakfast was included with the room which was great. I would definitely stay here again!

Very nice guest house, run by a lovely family. The location is much better than I expected from the hostelworld map, surrounded by restaurants and other guest houses. They arranged my boat ticket to phnom penh and I overslept for the pick up time but they made sure I could get on the van and even made a breakfast-to-go for me and gave me some water as you can't get anything on the boat. At 6 a.m.!! Price, wifi, facilties are good. There was a bath which was useless cause there was no plug.

Run by a lovely local family who can't do enough for you!

This place had no atmosphere, there didn't seem to be any other guests. The staff were surprisingly unfriendly (which is so unlike any other Cambodians I have met) I'm sorry but I wouldn't recommend this place and I would not stay again.

It was my second time staying in Bun Kao. I would stay there again if I wanted to go to Siem reap for the 3rd time since I would not change the warmth, hospitality, and friendliness of this humble guest house, with any 5* resort in the world. Bun Kao is run by a compassionate and kind family who support orphans with the meager money they charge for their services.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Really nice people and place, it's a family hostel who are really polite and help bringing information and good tips always. Clean and confortable place! I really recomended ! Roberto

A special thank you to Mr Kao and Noy for being polite, attending to our needs, ensuring we had transport, and were willing to share about Cambodia. And of course, thank you Visal, our tuk tuk driver who was polite, never pushy, made good company for conversation and always punctual. You made our rainy temple visit day a more comforting and enjoyable one! Thank you all (and everyone at Bun Kao Guesthouse) for making our stay in Siem Reap a pleasant one!

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

One of the best hostels I've had the pleasure of visiting, mr.k who is the owner and his family are the most gentle, caring and amazing people I've meet in my life, hostel located walking distance to the busy area or $2 tuk tuk, the made me feel part of their own taking me to visit the school where they do charity for. Such a humbling experience. Definitely will come back here anytime.

perfect value hostel, staff in incredible and very kind and helpful..I booked ust one night but then I extended for two more. Nice place, very quiet and not so far from the center!