Bun Kao Guest House Reviews

#0556 Group 21, Banteay Chash Village, Siogram Commun, Siem Reap, Cambodia

perfect value hostel, staff in incredible and very kind and helpful..I booked ust one night but then I extended for two more. Nice place, very quiet and not so far from the center!

My first time in Cambodia was made more special by the warmth and hospitality shown by the owner, Mr. Bun Kao and the rest of the staff. I definitely recommend this place for budget travelers. I love that they have free wifi, free coffee and free water. For my next trip to Siem Reap, I will surely stay here again.

• 6th May 2014
  • Philippines

Staff was incredibly helpful and often found with a great smile on their faces. Loved the location, quiet and peaceful yet close to the action. Great visit for a solo traveler who likes to be alone.

• 7th Apr 2014

Great location, less touristy compared to Pub St., so it is very quiet at night. The host is extremely friendly. The atmosphere feels like homestay more than guesthouse. The only complaint is the mediocre cleanliness of the room and bathroom. I could tell the bedsheet had not been changed long time since the last guest when I sneezed a lot. The floor was also dusty. But it got better the next day after housekeeping. There was no a/c, it can be uncomfortably hot in afternoon.

I booked the dorm room. DON'T!!!! At arrival, they told me that they overbooked the place and there was no room or me. After telling them they can pay for my room in another place, suddenly I could stay after all. Wtf?? The dorm room turned out to be on the attic, with no ceiling just the roof itself. It is not clean, has no lockers and the showers are extremely basic. After the two nights I booked here, I moved to a better place.