Bun Kao Guest House Reviews

#0556 Group 21, Banteay Chash Village, Siogram Commun, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Staff was incredibly helpful and often found with a great smile on their faces. Loved the location, quiet and peaceful yet close to the action. Great visit for a solo traveler who likes to be alone.

• 7th Apr 2014

Great location, less touristy compared to Pub St., so it is very quiet at night. The host is extremely friendly. The atmosphere feels like homestay more than guesthouse. The only complaint is the mediocre cleanliness of the room and bathroom. I could tell the bedsheet had not been changed long time since the last guest when I sneezed a lot. The floor was also dusty. But it got better the next day after housekeeping. There was no a/c, it can be uncomfortably hot in afternoon.

I booked the dorm room. DON'T!!!! At arrival, they told me that they overbooked the place and there was no room or me. After telling them they can pay for my room in another place, suddenly I could stay after all. Wtf?? The dorm room turned out to be on the attic, with no ceiling just the roof itself. It is not clean, has no lockers and the showers are extremely basic. After the two nights I booked here, I moved to a better place.

Staff is really helpful; I booked my travel tickets to Vietnam with them. Got to chat a little with the owner, Mr. Bun and he is really a kind, amiable and soft spoken man. He welcomes everyone with a smile and he makes sure he is able to assist all the guests. The guesthouse is also just walking distance from restaurants, pubstreet and the market, or you can also just rent a bike from them so you can tour the rest of the city - that's what I did on my 2nd day. Great guesthouse overall. :)

Owner is a really nice guy bathrooms could be cleaner, as could the sheets but it's cheap and for the price is pretty good,