Bun Kao Guest House Reviews

#0556 Group 21, Banteay Chash Village, Siogram Commun, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Bun Kao was a great place to stay, thankyou for all your help and kindness. The breakfast was a very kind addition to the value. My only comments are that the window bars were a little dusty and the toilet seat was not attached to the toilet. For me this was not a problem , but some people might not be happy. Thankyou again for making my stay in Siem Reap so easy and enjoyable.

No one picked me up at the airport, even though I sent a reminder email the day prior, then the young man on duty claimed that he had sent a driver, although I arrived on time and waited 45 minutes, so I felt as though he wasn't telling the truth. The next morning the owner apologized, offered a free return ride, and took us to a school, but the house could use some maintenance (screens repaired so mosquitoes don't get in; cleaner floors). Breakfast was good: an omelet, fruit & French bread.

This guesthouse is totally forgettable. It serves the purpose of a place to sleep, but you won't get anything else. Breakfast was included but it will not sustain you until lunch. Staff was friendly but not super helpful. Stay somewhere else for a bit of atmospherez

We stayed here for two nights, had originally booked 4. This 'hostel' was possibly the worst we've stayed at in 4 months travelling. There were no walls in the dorm, the toilets were god awful and there were Mosquitos all over the room. We left and stayed in a different hostel, don't stay here!!!!

We really enjoyed our stay at bun kao, the family who run it are very friendly and always helpful. Location is very good too away from the main pub district a bit quieter and good restaurants around, nice walk into old market area too along the river.

• 21st Feb 2015

Great to have airport pick up and were happy to help with my specific requests for the tour. Bed comfy and lovely crusty baguette for breakfast. In a quiet area but with lots of hostels and restaurants nearby.

The desk staff were very nice. We were able to pay for a half day when our plane left in the evening which was nice. Don't order food unless you have a long time to wait. That goes for everywhere we went in Siem Reap.