Bun Kao Guest House Reviews

#0556 Group 21, Banteay Chash Village, Siogram Commun, Siem Reap, Cambodia

We really enjoyed our stay at bun kao, the family who run it are very friendly and always helpful. Location is very good too away from the main pub district a bit quieter and good restaurants around, nice walk into old market area too along the river.

• 21st Feb 2015

Great to have airport pick up and were happy to help with my specific requests for the tour. Bed comfy and lovely crusty baguette for breakfast. In a quiet area but with lots of hostels and restaurants nearby.

The desk staff were very nice. We were able to pay for a half day when our plane left in the evening which was nice. Don't order food unless you have a long time to wait. That goes for everywhere we went in Siem Reap.

If you would like to stay here don't stay in a mixed dorm Because it is dirty like there is dust on the bed And dead Mosquitos after one night sleep and no bin Plus rats and ants.

Second stay here, staff are lovely and helpful! Rooms are simple but good.

Very happy with the place. The staff were extremely nice and helpful when booking tuk-tuks or tours. The shower was never hot but it wasn't cold either. Also maybe the shower drain could do with some unclogging in room 5. But they're really minor complaints - the place was well worth a visit.

We spent 4 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The staff is super sweet and the location is okay. Nice restaurants around the corner en always tuktuks nearby. Shower was nice and clean, with constant hot water. Would definetely recommend it to anyone!

We paid $5 per person for dorm beds. The The room had an attached bathroom with hot shower and toilet which is basic and clean which does the job. The staff are really nice; they taught khmer. The GH was pretty much dead so we didn't meet anyone there. They put little effort into a communal area compared to the surrounding GHs which were thriving with travellers. However we decided to use the Bun Kao s as it was cheaper than the surrounding GHs yet use their communal areas which was fine.

The road leading up to the guesthouse is very bumpy and some tuk tiks might want to leave you at the end of the road or charge you extra, but other than that this is a fantastic place to stay. Staff are really friendly and breakfast is great too. Top notch for a budget stay.

• 7th Dec 2014

Mr Bun Kao and the staff are amazing! We arrived late and night and the staff were there to welcome us with open arms. The hostel is located down a little dirt road which makes for a bumpy but enjoyable tuk tuk ride. Everywhere in the city was accessible by tuktuk which took about 5-10 minutes. Rooms were clean and tidy and breakfast was included with the room which was great. I would definitely stay here again!

Very nice guest house, run by a lovely family. The location is much better than I expected from the hostelworld map, surrounded by restaurants and other guest houses. They arranged my boat ticket to phnom penh and I overslept for the pick up time but they made sure I could get on the van and even made a breakfast-to-go for me and gave me some water as you can't get anything on the boat. At 6 a.m.!! Price, wifi, facilties are good. There was a bath which was useless cause there was no plug.

Run by a lovely local family who can't do enough for you!

This place had no atmosphere, there didn't seem to be any other guests. The staff were surprisingly unfriendly (which is so unlike any other Cambodians I have met) I'm sorry but I wouldn't recommend this place and I would not stay again.

It was my second time staying in Bun Kao. I would stay there again if I wanted to go to Siem reap for the 3rd time since I would not change the warmth, hospitality, and friendliness of this humble guest house, with any 5* resort in the world. Bun Kao is run by a compassionate and kind family who support orphans with the meager money they charge for their services.

• 3rd Oct 2014