Bunchun Reviews

92/10 Sridonchai Road, T. Chang Klan,A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Full of dickheads Pretentious cunts everywhere

• 27th Jul 2015

Very good hostel for solo travelers in regards to meeting other travelers. Very social atmosphere and staff is very helpful.

I want to start off saying I had a fantastic stay at Bunchun. The hostel itself could use some work. Sorta dirty, no A/C in common areas. HOWEVER, that isn't what this hostel is about. In all my time in SE Asia I have never stayed at a more sociable hostel. The first night I was here I met others and hung out with them through my time in Chiang Mai. Vee, the owner is legendary! He took us out one night and it was absolutely insane. IF YOU ARE A SOLO TRAVELER STOP NOW AND BOOK HERE! 10/10!

This was a very quirky hostel especially with the dogs and the art everywhere. I personally loved it as it gave the place a very relaxed atmosphere. The staff were friendly enough and the communal area is great for meeting people. We ended up going out with the entire hostel. Only thing I wasn't a big fan of were the beds, they were very very thin but for the price I can't really complain.

Cheap Price, cheap facility. There is aircon and fan rooms.staff are nice and helpful, one of thethem isis very friendly, artsy with great hippie style English. Staff are very egoistic and are never wrong.

so yes, theres only 2 showers for all the dorms, its about a 15-20 minute walk from the old city, and the rooms with just fans can get stuffy and the bottom bunks seem a bit shabby/dirty but pros include vee the host who is super helpful and told us where to buy fireworks for the fourth of july, the cute dogs who are only kept in cages so they dont run around everywhere all the time, proximity to the nightmarkets, and the really awesome people i met consistently when staying here.

Beautiful shower! V, the owner, is COOL ! (HI V!) I met the greatest people at Bunchun. Walking distance of cool places, but the location can be hard to find, so beware and come with directions. Super chill common room and roof top, I quickly felt at home. It attracts cool people, as a solo traveler it was fantastic. The art inside is impressive. I slept really well. It's not fancy but you get your money's worth. I recommend this place!

simply awesome! the owner is so friendly and funny. he knows what the clients want and where you can get it. and he takes awesome care of his pets so ppl who are complaining about cages are stupid. the puppies like being in the cages once in a while to cool down and rest. great location and great atmosphere to meet ppl! this place is a must stay if u wanna have fun

This is the second time I've stayed at this hostel. Such good value for money and it's extremely social. Great place to meet other travelers if you're alone. Also, I love the puppies! My only complaint is that the large dorm room is super hot in the summer, but it's fine in the winter.

Bunchun has everything a good hostel needs. Cheap beds, good wifi, helpful staff, awesome atmosphere, and three lovable chihuahuas. Vee the owner was really cool and invited us to local bars, restaurants, and markets. If you want to meet other travelers and have an authentic local Chiang Mai experience, Bunchun is the place and Vee is your man.

Simple, but great staff and atmosphere! Like a second home! The art is the place profile, alot of it! Great stuff! If you ask you can paint 😊 The dogs seems well taken care of and are spoiled with love and attention. the owner have good reasons for sometimes keeping them in cages to let them rest from hostel guests.

• 26th May 2015
  • Sweden

Bunchun is a great place and Vee is a great guy!Long live Bunchun! :) (just the beds are super hard.. but that happens quite often in Asia unfortunately.. other than this, great place!)

Overall the hostel was good! We had a private room which had some awesome artwork but the lights didn't work, and the toiletsituation within the hostel needs to be looked at. The staff were hilarious (as we're the dogs) and helpful!

About a 20 mins walk from the main moat area, this quaint and cosy hostel has friendly staff (one of the guys took a particular liking to me, hmmm) and stands due to all the tiny cute pets they have in the common area. The beds are spacious and do not squeak which is always huge positive for those who toss and turn in their sleep. Would stay again.

Wasn't a bad hostel, but I've definitely stayed in better. Staff was okay. Lots of small animals in cages. I wasn't really a fan of that. Staff didn't speak lots of English.

Very cool hostel, right next to the huge night market and not far from everything. Not enough showers though and you're on the floor if you have a bottom bunk. Also a bit weird that they have chickens and little dogs that are kept in cages. But overall an okay hostel ok stay.

Lovely atmosphere but the beds are quite uncomfortable and the rooms are insanely hot. Vi, the owner, is lovely and helpful as with the other staff. It's a really cool place visually but lacks in comfort even compared to other backpackers.

Everything could have been cleaner. But the staff was awesome and organized dinner and visits to Ladyboyshows. Definitely good for low budget and solo travellers because you can easily socialise there. Location is not very good, you need to walk 20 min to old town.

• 9th Mar 2015

Great hostel. It's a bit too much with all the animals though.

This was a really fun and welcoming hostel! Great hang-out area, easy to meet people and a really fun atmosphere. Definitely a bit unconventional, with all the pets and artwork, but one of my favourite places I've stayed in Thailand!