8.1
Fabulous 387 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 387 Total Reviews
Bunchun Located at 92/10 Sridonchai Road, T. Chang Klan,A. Muang, Chiang Mai.
Thailand
Chiang Mai Chiangmai 50100 92/10 Sridonchai Road, T. Chang Klan,A. Muang
81% 387
18.7811916 99.0026897
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 18-24
5th Aug 2016

The hostel was nice in itself, not great but good enough, the main thing about it was the staff, they came out with us and showed us some really nice bars and clubs we wouldn't have found ourselves. I would recommend it just for that

• USA, Female, 18-24
28th Jul 2016

The place was really clean, and the staff really helpful and friendly! Miss V (owner) gave good advice about things to see around the town and speaks perfect English. the place had a cool artsy vibe, and so cheap to stay!

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2016
6.3

Wouldn't stay here again! I know it's cheap but the whole place smelt so strongly like a mixture of body odour and p**. The beds were comfortable enough but I spent the whole night with ants crawling all over me. The fans were broken, with one falling off the wall so it was so hot the whole night. The staff weren't that friendly and were of no use when we asked if we could book a taxi to the airport for our 5am flight the next day. Although it was so cheap, I expected a better stay.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
4th Jul 2016
4.3

Staff didn't care about anything. Unclean, with strong smells of dog, cats, and unwashed humans. WiFi doesn't cover the whole building. Not enough bathrooms.

• Poland, Female, 31-40
3rd Jul 2016
4.3

Backpackers' does not mean dirty! I was disgusted with this place, UNfriendly staff (completely disregarding you, speaking on the phone when checking you in, speaking Thai to the others in the middle of the conversation with you, not greeting in the morning or evening, much less than communicative English), awful smell, heat beyond belief (making the smell even worse) and ubiquitous dirt. Worst hostel in Thailand so far. Highly NON RECOMMENDED.

27th Jun 2016
7.7

Good location to get around in the city. Met many awesome people. The staff was helpful with booking tours. Just 2 showers so may be a problem for you when you stay on the weekend. Did have a money issue when I was checking out with them saying I didn't pay for one of the nights when I was certain that I did. Overall good relaxing atmosphere to meet people and have some fun.

• victor_ec09
  • USA, Male, 25-30
22nd Jun 2016

Bunchun was the best place I could stay in Chiang Mai. Originally I chose it for the price and value but soon realized the people that come through Bunchun are super open and great people looking to share great experiences. I stayed there over 2 weeks so can personally say that the staff are great at keeping the place up and providing convenient services like 24 hour laundry and for recommending several different tours, treks, and classes. Bunchun is definitely a great place to stay.

• USA, Female, 25-30
24th May 2016

I arrived a day late due to an injury and the owner was beyond accommodating for my needs. I decided to take a private room in which he then offered me a discount for the 6 days I planned on staying. Definitely aiding in my recovery as I'm able to relax and take rest whenever I want . Vee (the owner ) is such an amazing soul with souruh enthusiasm about life it's inspiring to stay awake with him and listen to his stories and view the scattered art pieces allover the property. I'll be back!

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
21st May 2016

my new home away from home

• dacekalninaz9471
  • Latvia, Female, 25-30
12th Apr 2016
6.0

Good location and atmosphere. Considerably very cheap. Rock hard beds and bed bugs aren't anything unusual. Security was low as well as cleanliness, but oh well.