Bunchun Reviews

92/10 Sridonchai Road, T. Chang Klan,A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Good value for money

Very social. Owners were really nice. Not the best hostel facility.

Nice and cheap about 10 minutes walk to old city. Animals are great but you feel kind of bad since they spend their whole lives indoors.

This is the best hostel in Chiang Mai! Ia great party hostel too. Its also the best deal you can get. Its such a friendly and artsy hostel. The lobby has some adorable dogs and cats you can play with and its a great place to lounge around and meet other backpackers. The owner is great, he even took me out for dinner and gave me some amazing travel tips. You will meet lots of interesting backpackers here. Very friendly and chill staff. This will be my go to hostel in Chiang Mai

• 13th Sep 2015

This place is the best. Awesome atmosphere, cool people, and the owner, Vee, goes out of his way to make sure everyone has a great experience in Chiang Mai. I can't recommend this place enough, if you're traveling solo.

Great place met some great people and had some pretty crazy times!

Loved our first stay here we have booked another night for when we come back to Chiang Mai!

Loved bunchun. The owner can be a bit pushy with the sell of trip but I booked my cooking course through them and it was amazing. Also got advice about the lady boy show and places to go out. The place is awesome and the dogs are hilarious. I've recommended it to people already and will continue to do so :)

Loved Bunchan. Beds were comfy, AC so that was a plus and really nice shower. The people are awesome here, always willing to strike up conversation. If you're traveling alone or with someone else, the vibe is very welcoming. Would definitely stay again.

The atmosphere was great, people were super friendly. Staff was really friendly. Otherwise an average place, good value for the money

bunchun in thai means "my house" and that's exactly what it feels like! very artsy, very comfortable, adorable pets. getting around is easy and Vee is always looking to show travelers the local parts of Chiang Mai. I'll be back here!

Highly recommend this place, a friend and I stayed there three nights and had such a fun time every day there. The atmosphere was great and the staff were very helpful. We had an amazing time.

• 7th Aug 2015

Staying here was a lot of fun, great atmosphere and lovely staff always up for a laugh! Sitting in reception itself is full of surprises. You really get your money's worth. One thing that could be a little better is the amount of bathroom/shower facilities.

Standard hostel. Nothing fancy, but does it's job well. In a good location near to some bars and restaurants , but not too near too everything.

Very good hostel for solo travelers in regards to meeting other travelers. Very social atmosphere and staff is very helpful.

I want to start off saying I had a fantastic stay at Bunchun. The hostel itself could use some work. Sorta dirty, no A/C in common areas. HOWEVER, that isn't what this hostel is about. In all my time in SE Asia I have never stayed at a more sociable hostel. The first night I was here I met others and hung out with them through my time in Chiang Mai. Vee, the owner is legendary! He took us out one night and it was absolutely insane. IF YOU ARE A SOLO TRAVELER STOP NOW AND BOOK HERE! 10/10!

This was a very quirky hostel especially with the dogs and the art everywhere. I personally loved it as it gave the place a very relaxed atmosphere. The staff were friendly enough and the communal area is great for meeting people. We ended up going out with the entire hostel. Only thing I wasn't a big fan of were the beds, they were very very thin but for the price I can't really complain.

Cheap Price, cheap facility. There is aircon and fan rooms.staff are nice and helpful, one of thethem isis very friendly, artsy with great hippie style English. Staff are very egoistic and are never wrong.

so yes, theres only 2 showers for all the dorms, its about a 15-20 minute walk from the old city, and the rooms with just fans can get stuffy and the bottom bunks seem a bit shabby/dirty but pros include vee the host who is super helpful and told us where to buy fireworks for the fourth of july, the cute dogs who are only kept in cages so they dont run around everywhere all the time, proximity to the nightmarkets, and the really awesome people i met consistently when staying here.

Beautiful shower! V, the owner, is COOL ! (HI V!) I met the greatest people at Bunchun. Walking distance of cool places, but the location can be hard to find, so beware and come with directions. Super chill common room and roof top, I quickly felt at home. It attracts cool people, as a solo traveler it was fantastic. The art inside is impressive. I slept really well. It's not fancy but you get your money's worth. I recommend this place!