Bunchun Reviews

92/10 Sridonchai Road, T. Chang Klan,A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

My favourite hostel in the entire world! Very clean place, and with the best social vibe! Perfect for solo backpackers. This hostel seems to attract cool people too. The owner Vee is the best and takes everyone out to local events to get a true experience instead of touristy places. Lots of great art on the walls and cute dogs in the common room.

Visiting this bunchun hostel is third time. every time the owner "vee" welcomed me heartly. he always takes care of my happiness like brother. and suggest going dinner together and good place to visit.

Bunchun is a really great Place to stay at. The staff is really friendly and helpful! The little launch area downstairs makes it easy to meet other people... I had a great time there :)

• 8th Feb 2015

Didn't enjoy my stay, Mosquitos everywhere, chickens and dogs in cages. Felt unclean with the chickens being in the kitchen. Staff didn't take knowledge we where even there. However the only good thing was the people we meet.

For the money, it was a great stay! There's not really a central lounge area to meet other travelers. The staff was friendly. It felt kind of like a homestay with all the pets around!

We loved this hostel with the cute dogs and chickens. We met some great friends here too. Close to night market. Vee and the gang were very welcoming and helped us with directions and excursions. They even invited us out to a local party. We stayed in a private room so can't comment on dordorms. Only slight negative is there is only 2 bathrooms so could sometimes take a while to shower. Would come back again and stay :-)

I really liked the place, it's just a20 min walk to the city centre. The staff was really friendly and helpfull with tourbooking and activities. They have a litte rooftop where you can just sit, have a beer and relax. If I go back to chiang mai, I will go back to this place

Lovely vibe, really chill and seems to attract nice people. Owner is fun. Dogs are a bonus. Definitely recommend

Pros: hot shower, cute puppies, cheap, good to meet people and close to the night bizaars Cons: the cheaper of the dorms is basically a corridor for upstairs, there is only 1 bathroom, the cockerel which is kept in a cage with a few other chickens all day and night (CRUEL) wakes you up at the crack of dawn, there is no door to block noise from communal area just a mesh screen, beds are on the floor, because of the pets it feels dirty, staff seem somewhat uninterested and unenthusiastic.

Great hostel, friendly people. Lovely hot shower, big rooms. Only thing is the roosters and chickens kept in cages outside which cock-a-doodle-do at 5am.

Amazing hostel, great vibes and good people! V, the owner is a legend! Took us all to an authentic music festival and made our experience in Chang Mai incredible

The place is nice but there some sculpture and paints about intimate parts that was to much for me. I'm kind of conservative person and those thing wasn't good. The staff are friendly and helpful

Good value for money, only one thing very weird they have cameras in the dorms? Never saw that before and we have lockers so i dont understand that one ...but wathever i met good people out there! AC in the dorm is from 10pm to 10am but its not very hot out there and during the day you will be busy visiting! Overall good hostel to stay in chiang mai.

Great hostel- would stay here again. Only major downside is when the hostel is busy it can be a wait for the shower, as there are only 2 (one of which is just a dribble of water...) but very central

Great hostel forthe price, best place to save some money if you arrive late in chiang mai. Only complaint was a noisy chicken in the hostel.

The hostel was great and staff are friendly. It's in an area with a ton of stuff nearby- just near Soi Cowboy. It's a bit far from the main road though, so we had trouble finding it. It's definitely a youth hostel if you're up for it.

• 14th Dec 2014

The mattresses and pillows are both unbelievably hard, and the blankets are quite thin, so sleeping wasn't the easiest, especially since to access the upper floors you have to walk through the dorm.

Cheapest hostel I've found! Between train station and downtown, really close to night market. Nothing bad to say about the place if not that not all the staff is fluent in English and committed to help. Little noisy when people move or come back at night. More than good and recommendable for the price!!

Love this hostel!!! You have to like animals as they are everywhere! (Only in common areas) Dogs (small ones/puppies) and chickens!! The owner is awesome... He lives in the hostel and will tell u about and take u to cool events/places. He often invites guests in groups out to dinner and he knows all the good places the locals go to in Chiang Mai. Extremely good value for money. The showers could have been better (only 1 was hot) but it would never put me off staying here!! Such a cool hostel!!

I only stayed 4 days in Bunchun but I would highly recommend it to any bagpacker in Chiang Mai who's here to explore the town and meet other travellers. Vee has been running the hostel for 2 years now and he's very helpeful and fun to be around. The facilities are fairly comfortable and I never felt unsafe as the door was always locked. The location is very convenient, only 5 mins away from the Night Bazaar and a 15 mins walk to get to the old city. The hostel is also very artsy and ha

• 10th Nov 2014