Bungalow Bay Koala Village YHA Reviews

40 Horseshoe Bay Road, Magnetic Island, Australia

Nice hostel, I liked the area, the sanctuary, the location, the bar and the swimmingpool. The room was not really clean and the staff was rude. There was a dead rat in the kitchen and the website says it's $1,50 for a busticket but actually it's $2,80!

Lovely hostel with nice little social places to hang out. We had the best time on the koala bush walk attached to the hostel, and got to hold a snake, lizards, baby croc, wallaby, koala's etc. Really great experience. If you are at one with nature, this is the place to be but the gecko's, green ants and cockroach in our room definitely made us feel uneasy! Loud birds kept us awake at night also. Safe to say we aren't regular campers!

I peaceful and quite hostel, with good helpful staff. The room I was in was next to the wildlife place so was woken up every morning at 6am when the cockatoo's woke up. The room had no lockers or space to leave bags so everyones bag were in the middle of the room, only 2 power sockets in the en suite between 8 people (there is power sockets in the common area) and no aircon, only a fan that reached people on the top bunk. Wifi was $4 for 2hrs

Overall it was a nice stay. They booked me in the wrong room, so I had to move with all my stuff. That was anoying. The other room was lucky far more better (6 dorm), so I was glad to move to AC. cleanliness can be better! And don't expect to much of the kitchen. take you groceries with you, because there isn't a supermarket nearby. There is a koale sanctuary, but the price is expensive! Entree :25 dollars and hugging a koala 16 dollars.

Excellent hostel. Was a bit of a walk to the beach and main shops but its definitely worth it for the great bush atmosphere. Stayed in one of the bungalows and it was very clean. The bus stop that goes around the island is right out the front as well which makes getting around the island a breeze.

View all Magnetic Island Hostels