Bungalow Bay Koala Village YHA Reviews

40 Horseshoe Bay Road, Magnetic Island, Australia

Nice for one or two nights!

I found the hostel to be incredibly beautiful but I was slightly disappointed with the staff. They seemed disengaged and not particularly interested in interacting with the guests when making enquiries. This was a little disappointing as I was visiting during the season and hoped for a home away from home. Otherwise the hostel itself was amazing!

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Portugal

Don't do the wildlife stuff - totally overpriced

Room was dirty and a rip off. For what we paid for I would expect at least air conditioning and an ensuite. Got bitten by ants. Had a horrible time as staff were very rude.

• 20th Nov 2015

The environment was great, and the people were really kind. The bed was really, really unconfortable. The most unconfortable ever found in a hostel. Not worth the price. The hut was really small. Turning on the air conditioning was like having a caterpillar in the room. The toilet cleaning was dodgy, and done right before checkout time. The baggage consign was an open space.. Not safe. They had the Trip Advisor price in 2007, but it seams they changed or mantained not much since then.

The hostel over all was ok we kept our selves to ourselves, but then had abuse off an older lady who we tried to move away from and told the boss/Owner about it but was far to drunk to even help the matter. But bar staff were very friendly and good hosts. Won't stay again.

This place is amazing!! The dorms are nice and clean,the staff is amazing...shout out to SHANNON for helping me book my trips to the Whitsundays and Fraser Island! I wish wifi were free but that was really the only downside. Location is also great..5 mins walk from a gorgeous beach.

View all Magnetic Island Hostels