Bungalow Bay Koala Village YHA Reviews

40 Horseshoe Bay Road, Magnetic Island, Australia

I peaceful and quite hostel, with good helpful staff. The room I was in was next to the wildlife place so was woken up every morning at 6am when the cockatoo's woke up. The room had no lockers or space to leave bags so everyones bag were in the middle of the room, only 2 power sockets in the en suite between 8 people (there is power sockets in the common area) and no aircon, only a fan that reached people on the top bunk. Wifi was $4 for 2hrs

Overall it was a nice stay. They booked me in the wrong room, so I had to move with all my stuff. That was anoying. The other room was lucky far more better (6 dorm), so I was glad to move to AC. cleanliness can be better! And don't expect to much of the kitchen. take you groceries with you, because there isn't a supermarket nearby. There is a koale sanctuary, but the price is expensive! Entree :25 dollars and hugging a koala 16 dollars.

Excellent hostel. Was a bit of a walk to the beach and main shops but its definitely worth it for the great bush atmosphere. Stayed in one of the bungalows and it was very clean. The bus stop that goes around the island is right out the front as well which makes getting around the island a breeze.

The bungalows were cold and had one plug in, making it hard for 8 of us to charge our devices. The wifi was expensive and it was unfortunate how you could only access it by the bar. It was a pretty decent place but I didn't feel like it was a place to go if you're a solo backpacker trying to meet people.

Excellent stay...great to have good food at your door step and the JUNGLE FEVER is definitely worth it.

Loved the environment,set amongst trees

View all Magnetic Island Hostels