Bungi Backpackers Reviews

15 Sydney Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

The place just wasn't clean, there were no cups to use for tea and in the middle of the night there was a fight in the dorm, I was able to sleep only 3 hours. I will never stay there again.

Great hostel, good location

• 20th Mar 2015

the kitchen, the Dining room and the toilets were not tidy and clean.

Man, this place was so excellent that we actually spoke about it on our tour bus to try and encourage everyone else to come there. Besides the generous freebies, the staff (especially the lady at reception) were consistently helpful, friendly and generous. The rooms were all I wanted, but it was the atmosphere that truly made me feel at home.

• 1st Mar 2015

I stayed in 4 hostels in NZ, including another by the same owner, and this was easily the worst in cleanliness, common areas, and security. Cleanliness was like a summer camp in the wilderness. Not unusable, but you could tell only the primary surfaces get cleaned, leaving all else to accumulate layers of grime. Security was to lock the front door at night, but the back door was always unlocked. Lounges were so secluded from the rest of the house, I didn't notice them for days. Wifi was great.

Bungi was a great place to stay everyone was so friendly, Will the manager was fantastic and cheaper than the main hostels.

• 19th Feb 2015

This was probably one of our favourite places to stay, really nice place!

Overall a great place with a great vibe. And, the WIFI IS FREE. Which we've found to be basically unheard of in New Zealand hostels, so it was an amazing added bonus. :)

Great staff. Building run down and obvious repairs needed, making things seem dirtier than they probably were. Great rules for after 10 pm.

• 29th Jan 2015

This hostel is definitely a party hostel so be aware before you book! Can be quite noisy in the early hours, I presume a lot of people here are long term. Room was adequate and kitchen pretty much okay. Other guests did leave kitchen and bathrooms in a bit of a state however. Staff were friendly and the location is close to town!

We had an amazing stay at bungi's. Our room was great, the staff lovely/friendly and keen to help whenever they could. The atmosphere here was also great and the free soup and bread was a great addition, we met some lovely people and we'd definitely stay here again when we come back to Queenstown!

One of the better values in Southern NZ. Best WIFI around, Free Soup/Popcorn, and excellent staff. Location is good as it's just outside of "party zone" but easy walking distance. Security is a bit weak though as sometimes "friends" stay longer than allowed.

Free Soup was good. My girl friend loved it. A Little far from downtown - but I know it is difficult to change :-) Looks like, there was a good social life and atmosphere at the hostel. We didn't involve us that much.

We liked our little shed with a double room, but unfortunately it smells from the bins. Other than that, everything was okay for the price.

Of the 6 hostels we stayed in during our trip to NZ, this was the dirtiest...it seemed the kitchen was always dirty.

The city centre is just a 5min down hill stroll from bungi. I think this is perfect because the hostel and its surrounding will be quiet after 10pm. It is true that you have to walk outside back to the main building for the restrooms from the cheapest dorm. However, it is a nice and quiet room. Furthermore, the hostel has great mattresses, perfect atmosphere, free wifi, free popcorn and free soup! I truly enjoyed my stay here.

There were many long-timers and the atmosphere was a bit strange. The room was crowded and I did not feel welcome. The soup was too spicy. There are not enough toilets and one is even without a sink!

The cheapest room (pipeline chamber) doesn't have any toilet facilities in the same building. you have to go outside to another building. That's a pity. But the people are nice, you get a great atmosphere, the garden is huge! The kitchen is a bit small but well equiped. It's a good value for money

Staff were friendly and welcoming, The internet was amazing. The rooms were stuffy, cramped and dark. I was stopping in a room outside and the door could be opened easily, definitely didn't feel that my stuff was safe in there. Had alot of long term stayers in there that weren't the friendliest either.

Friendly hostel woth yummy free soup.