Bungi Backpackers Reviews

15 Sydney Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

Bungi was a great place to stay everyone was so friendly, Will the manager was fantastic and cheaper than the main hostels.

• 19th Feb 2015

Overall a great place with a great vibe. And, the WIFI IS FREE. Which we've found to be basically unheard of in New Zealand hostels, so it was an amazing added bonus. :)

Great staff. Building run down and obvious repairs needed, making things seem dirtier than they probably were. Great rules for after 10 pm.

• 29th Jan 2015

This hostel is definitely a party hostel so be aware before you book! Can be quite noisy in the early hours, I presume a lot of people here are long term. Room was adequate and kitchen pretty much okay. Other guests did leave kitchen and bathrooms in a bit of a state however. Staff were friendly and the location is close to town!

We had an amazing stay at bungi's. Our room was great, the staff lovely/friendly and keen to help whenever they could. The atmosphere here was also great and the free soup and bread was a great addition, we met some lovely people and we'd definitely stay here again when we come back to Queenstown!

One of the better values in Southern NZ. Best WIFI around, Free Soup/Popcorn, and excellent staff. Location is good as it's just outside of "party zone" but easy walking distance. Security is a bit weak though as sometimes "friends" stay longer than allowed.

Free Soup was good. My girl friend loved it. A Little far from downtown - but I know it is difficult to change :-) Looks like, there was a good social life and atmosphere at the hostel. We didn't involve us that much.

We liked our little shed with a double room, but unfortunately it smells from the bins. Other than that, everything was okay for the price.

Of the 6 hostels we stayed in during our trip to NZ, this was the dirtiest...it seemed the kitchen was always dirty.

The city centre is just a 5min down hill stroll from bungi. I think this is perfect because the hostel and its surrounding will be quiet after 10pm. It is true that you have to walk outside back to the main building for the restrooms from the cheapest dorm. However, it is a nice and quiet room. Furthermore, the hostel has great mattresses, perfect atmosphere, free wifi, free popcorn and free soup! I truly enjoyed my stay here.

There were many long-timers and the atmosphere was a bit strange. The room was crowded and I did not feel welcome. The soup was too spicy. There are not enough toilets and one is even without a sink!

The cheapest room (pipeline chamber) doesn't have any toilet facilities in the same building. you have to go outside to another building. That's a pity. But the people are nice, you get a great atmosphere, the garden is huge! The kitchen is a bit small but well equiped. It's a good value for money

Staff were friendly and welcoming, The internet was amazing. The rooms were stuffy, cramped and dark. I was stopping in a room outside and the door could be opened easily, definitely didn't feel that my stuff was safe in there. Had alot of long term stayers in there that weren't the friendliest either.

Friendly hostel woth yummy free soup.

Very nice staff. Very clean and free unlimited wifi!

wifi really good , soup was yummy and staff were great

The atmosphere of the hostel is great! They have slackline, a big yard.... It is close to the city, but not so close, which is good in my opinion, because we had to park the car everyday, and if the hostel was in the middle of the city we would have to pay. There is free soup every night, and that always helps. The staff is really friendly, and in the day we were supposed to arrive, we got stuck in one of the roads, and they didn't charge us for this night lost.

The staff is great, I was with a group of 12 people and no one had any complaints. The only fact that really called my attention is that the reception is not next to the door, so it is really easy for someone to enter in the hostel and use the facilities, and some of the rooms, including mine, were open all the time, so we were lucky. Also the windows are very low, and anyone can enter using them (one day when the lock of the door wasn't opening we had to enter in the room by the window)

The place is warm so that was good. It can just be noisy sometimes but I think that is expected in backpackers and it needs a bit more of tidying up especially in the kitchen.

• 13th Sep 2014