Bungi Backpackers Reviews

15 Sydney Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

Of the 6 hostels we stayed in during our trip to NZ, this was the dirtiest...it seemed the kitchen was always dirty.

The city centre is just a 5min down hill stroll from bungi. I think this is perfect because the hostel and its surrounding will be quiet after 10pm. It is true that you have to walk outside back to the main building for the restrooms from the cheapest dorm. However, it is a nice and quiet room. Furthermore, the hostel has great mattresses, perfect atmosphere, free wifi, free popcorn and free soup! I truly enjoyed my stay here.

There were many long-timers and the atmosphere was a bit strange. The room was crowded and I did not feel welcome. The soup was too spicy. There are not enough toilets and one is even without a sink!

The cheapest room (pipeline chamber) doesn't have any toilet facilities in the same building. you have to go outside to another building. That's a pity. But the people are nice, you get a great atmosphere, the garden is huge! The kitchen is a bit small but well equiped. It's a good value for money

Staff were friendly and welcoming, The internet was amazing. The rooms were stuffy, cramped and dark. I was stopping in a room outside and the door could be opened easily, definitely didn't feel that my stuff was safe in there. Had alot of long term stayers in there that weren't the friendliest either.

Friendly hostel woth yummy free soup.

Very nice staff. Very clean and free unlimited wifi!

wifi really good , soup was yummy and staff were great

The atmosphere of the hostel is great! They have slackline, a big yard.... It is close to the city, but not so close, which is good in my opinion, because we had to park the car everyday, and if the hostel was in the middle of the city we would have to pay. There is free soup every night, and that always helps. The staff is really friendly, and in the day we were supposed to arrive, we got stuck in one of the roads, and they didn't charge us for this night lost.

The staff is great, I was with a group of 12 people and no one had any complaints. The only fact that really called my attention is that the reception is not next to the door, so it is really easy for someone to enter in the hostel and use the facilities, and some of the rooms, including mine, were open all the time, so we were lucky. Also the windows are very low, and anyone can enter using them (one day when the lock of the door wasn't opening we had to enter in the room by the window)

The place is warm so that was good. It can just be noisy sometimes but I think that is expected in backpackers and it needs a bit more of tidying up especially in the kitchen.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

Good place!

We stayed for two nights in room outside, it was warm as had two heaters but there was something in the roof at night could have been a bird or squirrel, not sure, it didn't come into the room and staff did say they would investigate. GHD and hairdryers were a plus. Fridges need to be cleaned out and additional fridge would be good too.