Bunk Backpackers Reviews

11-21 Gipps Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia

I thought a $10 charge for sleeping in was a bit rough. Maybe you could offer a wake-up service?

• 21st Nov 2014

Pool wasn't clean Happy hour..... Ran out of beers twice Wifi strength very poor

• 16th Nov 2014

Great location in fortitude valley

Really nice hostel, excellent rooms, free wifi and a nice breakie!

• 10th Nov 2014

A nice hostel in the heart of Fortitude Valley for nights out. Dorms were clean and comfortable. Creaky beds like in every hostel but decent sized lockers available too. Bathroom and shower facilities very modern. Communal area a little small for the number of people always wanting to use free wifi so many people sat on the floor. Not far walk to city center. Would definitely stay here again. Also free transfer to Lone Pines Koala on Mons, wed, and Fridays! Great extra!

Good atmosphere and easy to meet people. Got my room upgraded to an ensuite , decent size and fairly private for an 8 person dorm. Bed was fairly squeaky but wasn't a problem.

Despite being a party hostel with a good own club (at least on Saturday it was great fun), our room was far off and we had a good night's sleep when required. Clean showers. Big kitchen with top modern equipment! Breakfast was standard but good. Unfortunately no free computers or WiFi.

We've stayed in some pretty shady hostels in the last few months, but this place is disgusting. Not only will the smells around this place haunt me (mainly the kitchen and bedrooms) but we woke up to pee all over the room- and I can't blame him because the bathrooms were so gross I didn't want to pee in there either. Don't do it unless you'll be completely belligerent your entire stay.

• 25th Oct 2014

Good hostel. Great atmosphere for such a large hostel. The activities were all awesome and the staff were super friendly right form the start. The rooms are super clean and so are the bathrooms. Located out of the CBD of Brisbane but still a good location if you want to go out. There's a bar downstairs so you don't need to go far for a night out and the noise was not a problem. Great hostel for a great price. Excellent kitchen facilities also.

We had a great time at Bunk. It is a party good times hostel so you can hear the music from the bar but we put ear plugs in and slept fine. everything was clean and tidy, the kitchen was big and the tours they offer are great. we went on the koala tour.

It's a huge hostel and many people don't talk of each other very much, so if you're traveling by yourself it's not easy to meet new people, but if you're not alone, it's much more fun. The staff were very nice and even change my room when I asked them too. Nice breakfast and fast WiFi, 10 min walk to Woolworths, few min walk to China town.

Pretty average hostel. Very clean. Location is decent. Staff were alright. I was a good mix of quiet and party for me

This place didn't match its reviews for me. The 10 bed bunk is a terrible room, the guy encouraged me from right off the bat to upgrade to the 6-8 bed dorms because they are nicer after me telling him I need to extend. They are a lot nicer. A LOT NICER. If you want to party, there is a decent attached bar with whatever you need, the day staff was great, I wish I could say the same about the evening girls. This place would never place in my top 25 hostels.

This hostel was a love/ hate relationship. I loved the staff. Probably the best all round staff in Australia... Awesome!! Rooms are ok, small bathrooms/ showers in dorms. Would be better with separate rooms. Loud and a lot of shagging happening!! Beds are loud. Bar is loud if your room is facing that way and doesn't stop till 5 am.

hostelworld says " call for a pick up " . not true , they have fixed timetabals for pick ups, and they never match the greyhound timetables. waited more the 1 hour when first arrived

This hostel has no personality. Too big/corporate feeling for my taste. There was no good common area to hang out. Pool and hot tub looked really dirty

Extremely helpful staff. Plenty of activities in the evening. Close to China town and the Brisbane River and Story Bridge.

Everything a hostel needs. The huge kitchen is great although restricting when you can watch TV is a bit odd. Never had to queue for the bathroom. Lights are needed for each bunk and then it would be perfect.

Hostel was perfect for a party weekend.Great location to all party spots.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Staff was great! The room was clean and the beds all have outlets, a little shelf and night light. It's a little cramped though. We all had to squeeze past each other to get ready. If you are on the bottom bunk, be careful. I hit my head probably a dozen times. It's very low and this is coming from a short person! My main complaints were the common areas. They are in need of a serious revamp... a little gross and dirty. They are doing some renovations though, so hopefully that takes care of it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3