Bunk Backpackers Reviews

11-21 Gipps Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia

Wouldn't recommend the 20 bed rooms as they are so hot! Great place and good atmosphere

Very big hostel so no atmosphere, difficult to meet people as its so vast. "Free WiFi" is only for 30 minutes which is really misleading - you then have to pay $2 for 24 hours of WiFi. Wouldn't recommend - there are better hostels in Brisbane for the same price

This place feels like a hotel. Free brekkie and pickup from coach station. Dorm mates were noisy and inconsiderate but that's no fault of the hostel. Couldn't imagine staying here long term, but find for the 1 night stay I booked.

I have never stayed in a room that clean! I think my room had just been renovated. It was perfect! I really enjoy the pool and the spa :)

Keep up the great job awesome place.

A nice large hostel. Beds were comfortable and private from each other. I love that there's a plug socket and shelf next to each bed. Nice touch. Disappointed that I can't comment on atmosphere because I arrived 11pm and had to leave at 5am so my review is based literally on immediate impressions. I didn't hear a single noise all night and slept really well.

Excellent stay at bunk backpackers! When I arrived I had paid for 4 dorm with ensuite but when I went to the room it was tiny, like literally couldn't move in there so would not recommend that size room. But I went to reception to ask if I could change rooms and the wonderful and amazing Tommy upgraded me to a room on my own! Big thank you Tommy you literally made my travels! It was exactly what I needed after weeks of travelling and staying in dorms!

• 26th Jan 2016
  • Wales

The bar and pool were radical. The 'Earth' bunks were great but the 'Jungle' bunks kindof stunk.

Good hostel. Very clean with good facilities and the bar runs events every evening. Would definitely reccomend staying. The hostel is close to all the bars and clubs but about a half hour walk from Brisbane city centre.

The staff attempted to overcharge us so check in was difficult. The room was very dark, and the beds were extremely loud. Key cards stopped working half way through our stay. Wifi was limited to 30mins free a day which didn't work most days - even when we paid for wifi it wouldn't work in the room. Free breakfast was fine, just toast and cereal. Stayed in better hostels elsewhere for a much cheaper price.

Super cool spacious hostel. Liked the bar &pool area a lot!

Thanks for the great review! We have just had our pool area given a makeover so we're stoked you enjoyed it! Hopefully we will see you again soon! Love BUNK

The cleanest hostel I have been in as of yet in Oz! Staff friendly and helpful.

• 17th Jan 2016

Thanks for the great review! Our housekeepers work really hard (we clean our kitchen 3 times a day) to make sure you guys have great social areas and rooms to enjoy while you are here! You'll have to come and have a beer with the staff next time you are here! Love BUNK

It was a really nice clean hostel but the atmosphere wasn't great. Rooms were great vale for mo wh so if you are looking for a place just to rest your head at night this is perfect. But I found it a bit anti-sociable, with most people sat in the lobby struggling with the terrible wifi (which is an additional cost!).

• 14th Jan 2016

Very good hostel, clean and a big self kitchen It has a pool, tv room, activities, Bar, welcome drink, so easy to meet new people I was in the 8 bed room, enough privacy, socket and light on every bed and bathroom and shower in the room Location is great in the valley, close to everything

• 13th Jan 2016

Thanks for the great great review! We're glad you enjoyed the atmosphere too! One of the reasons we give every guest a wlecome drink at 5pm on the day they check in is to get everyone new together and make some new friends! It sounds like you took full advantage! Hopefully we will see you again some time! Love BUNK

Great atmosphere and crowd of people

I loved staying here! I met some really cool mates that I'll probably stay in contact with throughout my whole journey across Australia. Also, it's practically walking distance to everything relevant. I would definitely stay here again.

• 6th Jan 2016

Bunk has been a great place to stay, the hostel is quiet enough that you can easily get a good nights sleep but due to the bar/club Birdees which is adjoining you can also easily party every night if you want to. Staff are friendly, accommodating and helpful. Security are effective yet polite on club nights and day staff are happy to chat Compared to other places in the city of the same price it is a much nicer hostel.

The hostel wasn't very well signed inside eg through to the stairs, the kitchen from reception etc. The fact the bus transfers don't start till 9 and end at 4 is bad especially when this isn't stated on the home page of the website it's only stated when you go onto another page. Compared to other hostels this is poor! It also needs making clear that the bar is directly outside the bedroom windows so will be noisy! Breakfast was good though!

Probably my best experience in hostels / backpackers ever!

Thanks for the great review!!! You've made us blush! You'll have to come back and see us again! Who knows...maybe we can be even better!!! Love BUNK

A good place to stay, good facilities and kept clean. Staff were very helpful particularly the guy on the travel desk! Have stayed at this hostel a couple of times and would go back again.

You can't beat our travel guru, but we are glad you loved the rest of your time here too! Hopefully we will see you again soon! Love BUNK!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4