Bunk Backpackers Reviews

11-21 Gipps Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia

Great hostel, lovely staff and in a very central location (assuming you want to be in the middle of the Brisbane action!). I wasn't going to stop in Brisbane but really glad I did...

The straff was awesome! Very friendly and I loved the bar crawl on Friday night! I was traveling by myself and it was a great way to meet new people. The rooms were okay, I did not have a locker in my room and the toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in ages, plus the seat was broken.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Austria

I loved it!!! Receptionists were so so kind. Room was really clean and comfortable. Linens and bathroom were clean as well. Liked breakfast there. Club was fun, too. A little bit noisy at night, but it was fine with me. If I go Brisbane again, I will definitely stay there again. Strongly recommend!

• 18th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

I had to ask for the toilet paper to be changed and be aware that 24hour reception does not mean 24hours as i had to wait half an hour for someone to come back and activate my card, they were having a drink in the nightclub next door

Stayed for one night.. Advantages: plug nand lights next to every bed Disadvantages: small and crowded. Too many beds in a small space. No room to move around. Cold shower

Booked online for 20 bed mixed dorm and got upgraded to 8 bed mixed dorm ensuite! I enjoy my whole stay there: the staffs, kitchen and the most important: one power plug for one bed! Definitely gonna recommend this to my friends who is visiting Brissy ;)

Stayed in a 20 bed dorm. I can put up with people coming in throughout the night. which was a little noisy, you get what you pay for. No biggie. But when every bed in the dorm squeaks and rattles as if it's going to tear itself apart as you get up, that is seriously annoying. The smallest of movements sends the bed rattling. Before you ask. No mine bed wasn't the only one.

I stayed in a 4 bed room and have never seen such a small room for 4 beds. I moved to a single room and it was great despite some constant equipment noise next to it. All showers take ages to warm up, I wish they had explained it when I arrived - my first shower was cold. The rooms and bathrooms have no hookers/drawer/rack/shelve at all! Everything must go to the floor. There's no tv/lounge room to socialize but the reception area which hasn't a good atmosphere. Other than that it's a fun hostel

The staff were all extremely friendly and welcoming. There were several things that I expected I would be charged for-- rides to the transit center, printing, etc. and was pleasantly surprised to find they were all free. They go out of their way to make sure there are activities on which is nice for people who are traveling alone.

There are just much better options in Brisbane if your looking for a social hostel, yes there is a bar inside but it's no good if you have no one to go with!

• 4th Jul 2014

Another very generic and boring hostel. Nothing much to say about this place except it is like staying in a hotel and there is nothing unique about this place. I would recommend staying somewhere else for something different and that has individuality.

Better than what I expected. Nice breakfast and staff. Clean and spacious kitchen where I actually felt like cooking. Not too noisy at night, slept pretty well although most bunk beds would need some maintenance, I could hear my neighbours every time they moved and I wore earplugs..

Good place, its close to Fortitude Valley food/shops/bars/clubs and train station. stayed in a 4 bed room with ensuite, each bed has a light/power socket and is partitioned from the other set of bunks so a bit more private. shouldn't have to pay for wifi at a hostel ($4 a day) but thats an issue in oz and nz generally, good for young people and good big kitchen if you want to self cater

Bunk is situated just out of the city & only takes a pleasant 15 minute stroll to get into the center. Bunk has its own club next door if you want to grab a few beers with other guests or just have a dance. Just around the corner you can find plenty of night life that is thriving on a Fri & Sat night. Bunk is very secure & the staff are very helpful with great advice on trips & things to do.

One of bad point is have to buy a card to use wi-fi. But I used wi-fi comfortable that speed. Breakfast is just bread and cereal and standard few drinks. Thats easy but enough for me.

Friendly helpful staff also enjoyed the day out at lone pine would recommend it :)

Party hostel. In my room it was very noisy until very late. All other criteria meet the standards...

Bunk is a great hostel! Fun party atmosphere and very friendly staff. Went on the night tour and pub crawl put on by Bunk and it was really fun; great way to meet people and see the city. Birdees is the club attached to the hostel and is full of both backpackers and locals most nights of the week. Interactive activities every night of the week. Weekends here are a party. Dorms are nice, little stuffy but cleaned everyday. The kitchen is big and equipped with all the facilities you need.

• 31st May 2014

The events planned at Birdees and the free breakfast were nice, but the rooms were terribly crammed and very dirty and smelly, the bathrooms were just as bad, and the rooms did not feel safe at all. The beds were also unsafe

Staff were welcoming, friendly and gave appropriate advice to any queries.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4