Bunk Backpackers Reviews

11-21 Gipps Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia

1990 Total Reviews

Es ist ein großes Hostel ca 15 min vom Stadtzentrum zu Fuß entfernt. Es verfügt im Eingangsbereich nicht über Rampen, meine schweren Gepäckstücke musste ich die Treppe hochhiefen. Mitarbeiter waren teilweise unfreundlich. Die Toiletten in den öffentlichen Bereichen waren dreckig, der Pool nicht wie auf den Bildern eher alt und rostig. Die Hostelbar wurde als öffentliche Disco genutzt, es war laut und voll...die Betten unbequem und bei jeder Bewegung geräusche machend. Wlan +$, waschen 8$

• 16th Apr 2015

By far the worst hostile I've stayed in so far. The staff is friendly and the place is clean, but I have never experienced such inconsiderate guests. If you're looking for a place to get some sleep, stay elsewhere.

good facilities and clean hostel. some staff members could be nicer on reception, despise this good stay overall

Was pleasantly surprised by this hostel. Very convenient & great value for money. Free breakfast is always a plus. Staff were good considering they are dealing wt backpackers all day. Most of them are internationals & hv limited knowledge of local area. Around the corner at Peterpan Travel, they hv knowledgeable staff and free Internet. Great stay. Reccommend.

Location not ideal compared to other hostels which are right in the city. Staff were pretty rude during check out and rooms were pretty un-socialable in their layout but there was added privacy from this so depends what you're after

Best hostel we have stayed at so far. Only complaint is that in our en-suite the shower hadn't been cleaned and there was a lot of black hair on the walls. But apart from that was a very modern and nice bathroom. Nice room and outside area. Would stay again and recommend to others.

Hi there! We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Our housekeepers go in every day to keep things pristine but next you come across if you have any problems please come down to our 24 hour reception and our staff will be happy to sort out any worries! See you again soon!

Nice room clean tidy good location. Free shuttle is good but they should let you know it onky runs every hour or so

I only stayed one night as a stopover to catch a flight but I had a pleasant stay. Staff were friendly and helpful. There was a lift so I didn't need to lug my heavy suitcase up loads of stairs. A bit of a walk into town but no more than 15 mins and if you go by the river route it's really pretty. 24 hour reception made my early morning check out a breeze. Improvements: please fix the dryers! Of the 8 that were provided only 3 were working and in a hostel of this size can mean a long wait.

Nice enough spot with typical aussie pricing - though better value than the other hostels in Brisbane. Also, reception sell the airtrain to the airport for $15, but you can get there for $6.70 (or $4.66 if you have a go card) by training from Fortitude Station to Toombul, then taking bus 590 to Skygate Mall. From Skygate there is a free shuttle going every 10 min to the international and domestic terminals.

Friendly staff, really good kitchen- clean, well equipped and ample space for everyone. Bedrooms ok but very squeaky beds! Would happily come again.

Thanks for the great review and we hope you mean it and come back again! We'd love to have you back!

Great hostel! Super comfy beds( power outlet by your bed) clean showers and toilets, good kitchen with everything you need, nice tv lounge and cheap beer in the bar. And the location is perfect! What more do you need? :)

Another great review! Thank you very much! And you are right...what more could you want?!?! You'd be crazy to not stay here right?!?!?!

The staff was friendly, there were several enclosed showers and toilets, there were washers and dryers as well as free internet. The location was very good and there was a bar attached. There were lockers in the room and some beds had outlets next to them. My only complaint would be the extremely squeaky beds. Everything else was tops.

Near the bars, far from the city. Nice atmosphere but the rooms felt a bit cramped.

Very nice room, a lovely breakfast and heaps of space in the kitchen. The hostel's free transfer to the lone pine sunctuary was incredibly useful and if you buy the tickets from the hostel you get a bagpacker's discount! The only complain would be the Internet I 'purchased' to have high speed Internet in my room which was painfully slow (slower even than the free wifi). Other than that, a lovely hostel!

Rating Bunk for me is difficult as I am NOT a backpacker and am comparing it to other forms of accommodation I usually use, like hotels or BnBs. So, if you are a backpacker and love sharing a dorm with other similar travelers, you are going to LOVE the Bunk hostel. And as far as hostels go, Bunk is probably one of the best. However, if you are anything like me and usually stay in hotels or BnBs, if privacy is important to you, then you are NOT going to enjoy your stay at Bunk.

• 21st Mar 2015

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review, and for being so balanced and considering that this isn't a hotel etc and factoring that in. We do have private accommodation available for anything from rooms for just one person to apartments for a group of up to 6 so if you would like to come and stay with us again we are happy to offer those options to you!

The staff had some helpful answers to our questions about our stay in Australia however they always seemed kind of rushed in their responses and overly busy. The rooms were clean, the breakfast had a nice variety of cereal choices. The overall vibe of the hostel is a party atmosphere and there is a bar in the bottom of the hostel so it definitely attracts a certain kind of person.

The only bad thing I can say about this hotel is there are no windows in the rooms so it can get very smelly!

• 20th Mar 2015

Hi there! For security reasons the large windows in the rooms are kept shut, but we do have plenty of air con available in the hostel and our housekeepers are in every day. However if you do have any issues we always encourage our guests to come down to reception as a friendly word with bunkmates can often sort out these sort of issues and we are always happy to help! Much Love! The BUNK Crew

It's a nice facility with some odd twists. Like the kitchen being in a separate building connected by a courtyard. The complimentary breakfast was nice. The partial partitions of the room are nice for some privacy but really prevents socializing with your roommates. Not the easiest place to meet and socialize with others. Not the worst either. For me it was more of a stop over glad it wasn't more than a few days.

Good hostel to stay at. A bit of a walk to the centre but close to China town and bars. Wifi is not fast but for $2 for 24 hours guess you shouldn't complain. Kitchen is small considering the amount of people staying there, can get really busy between 6-9pm and gets super dirty.

The first 2 nights were spent in a 20 bed dorm which wasn't the most enjoyable. Found a cockroach in my locker, 1 shower and loo per room. However the partitions throughout the room offered some privacy. After 2 nights there, I upgraded to the mixed 8 bed which is a newer part of the building and far nicer. A lot cleaner, easier to socialise however the shower was cold!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5