Bunk Backpackers Reviews

11-21 Gipps Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia

2064 Total Reviews

BUNK IS A MASSIVE HOSTEL, HAS TONS OF TOUR OPTIONS, VENDING MACHINES, LAUNDRY, PLENTY OF WASHROOMS, AND THEY HAVE CASUAL JOBS IN EXCHANGE FOR FREE STAY. THE FREE BREAKFAST INCLUDES TOAST & CEREAL. INSTANT COFFEE IS FREE. KITCHEN IS MASSIVE AND HAS TONS OF FRIDGES.

The hostel and the room was nice enough but be careful who you end up sharing as some people seem to have an issue with boundaries and think it is appropriate to fool around with someone while you are in a small room together.

In all honestly, the staff are a bit of a let down. There is this strange focus of staff and clients should not associate together. From this they are quite rude and blunt and enjoy there own circle. But above all if anyone didn't book into the hostel because of this one negative then they would be an idiot, I am still there and am having a great time

• 15th Jun 2015

I enjoyed my stay at Bunk Hostel, I am a return customer and will continue to return. a++

Morning staffs who serve us breakfast were lazy. We went at 9:15am and there's no more bread/toast, we asked for more and she just replied she's reluctant to serve us right now, many went at that time didn't get to eat. Night staffs during handover was totally under staff. Our room's light bulb went off and they couldn't change for that time due to no people manning the reception.

(+) Very good prices at the Bar. (-) the water from the shower was cold.

The hostel is nice and despite not finding a lot to do in Brisbane the hostel tries hard to keep its bored zombie guest going with a different theme in the bar each night and day trips to what little there is to do, most to two zoo's full of stinking koalas. Make sure you check out bang on time though as I witness a poor traveller getting grief for checking out 5 minutes late... although that one member of staff looked like a gimp and hopefully won't be there for your stay x

Good dorms and clean bathroom. Quite big so quite hard to meet people. Quite far from other backpacker area and the valley is often more expensive.

We stayed here for two nights, free wifi, breakfast and shuttle bus were welcome. The courtesy bus to the koala sanctuary was good too. Things can get a bit hectic in the kitchen and free wifi spot. Also, our eight bed dorm smelled a bit damp with lots of condensation on our window as the shower is in the room and the windows don't open; this could have just been our room though.

After being literally forgotten at the bus station and waiting there for over 1.5hours (if you do need the shuttle, don't do as they say to call when you arrive because they'll tell you anyway that the shuttle will be there in 1/2hour), I didn't get any sort of apologies by the driver or the guy who checked me in and seemed just unhappy to be there... So it started badly then I arrived in a room with horrible mattresses, no possibility to open a window, imagine the smell and the heat... A no go

Not in the city center, but I loved the location! It's close to the nightlife area and only a 10 minute walk from the city center. The dorms are a bit weird, but it's nice to have the bathroom and toilet in the dorm! Beds are okay, but they don't change the duvet.. The sheets are not too clean either.

Staff were generally very helpful, though there was a lady with red hair on reception who seemed quite abrupt with guests checking out. Place was generally clean. Location is near the party/clubbing part of Brissy (China town/fortitude valley). Overall a pleasant stay.

Thanks for the great review! Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Great hostel in a cool location not too far of a walk from the city center. Great activities offered and Birdees, the attached bar is vibes. For a big hostel, it is susurprisingly easy to meet good people. Free brekkie and WiFi (in the lobby only) is always a plus.

Thanks for the good review legend! Hopefully we'll see you back in Brisbane again some time!

I thought it was very clean overall, however, there was a cockroach in the kitchen which was gross. Other than that, I would totally recommend this hostel for anyone to stay at!

The room set up was very anti social and caused security issues and concerns (when in bed you couldn't see any other beds). Loud bar outside until 3.30am on Saturday night. Room hadn't been cleaned for our arrival. Staff were friendly and helpful but walked into bedrooms at random times in the morning to get workers up For work. Overall wouldn't go back.

• 23rd May 2015
  • Scotland

You get what you pay for I suppose. The kitchen is a fair size but with not a lot of room for cooking when it's crowded, plus sometimes only one of the stoves was working. The showers were always cold. They say run the water until it's hot because it's winter, you could stand there all day and it would just go from freezing to just cold. The wifi doesn't reach the room so no point in paying for their wifi.

Sometimes it's really unfortunate that you can't open the windows

Not much to do at this place if you don't fancy hitting their adjoining bar as cinema room is out of order. Not particularly well located for accessing Brisbane to its best either.

Nice place, liked the free breakfast. The 20 bed dorm was good, you still had some privacy in there and hardly noticed that it was so many people in the room.

The beds were really nice and it was good that you had a lamp by your bed. The shower in the ensuit rooms were really good! Although the staff weren't that welcoming, it just felt like I was in their way. When I checked in they only spoke to each other and basically didn't care about me. It was a bit hard socially, the layout of the room makes it hard to talk and in the common area is the only free wifi so it's hard. But I only stayed for 1 night so it probably gets better! Could stay here again

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5