Bunk Backpackers Reviews

11-21 Gipps Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia

1950 Total Reviews

The staff had some helpful answers to our questions about our stay in Australia however they always seemed kind of rushed in their responses and overly busy. The rooms were clean, the breakfast had a nice variety of cereal choices. The overall vibe of the hostel is a party atmosphere and there is a bar in the bottom of the hostel so it definitely attracts a certain kind of person.

It's a nice facility with some odd twists. Like the kitchen being in a separate building connected by a courtyard. The complimentary breakfast was nice. The partial partitions of the room are nice for some privacy but really prevents socializing with your roommates. Not the easiest place to meet and socialize with others. Not the worst either. For me it was more of a stop over glad it wasn't more than a few days.

Good hostel to stay at. A bit of a walk to the centre but close to China town and bars. Wifi is not fast but for $2 for 24 hours guess you shouldn't complain. Kitchen is small considering the amount of people staying there, can get really busy between 6-9pm and gets super dirty.

The first 2 nights were spent in a 20 bed dorm which wasn't the most enjoyable. Found a cockroach in my locker, 1 shower and loo per room. However the partitions throughout the room offered some privacy. After 2 nights there, I upgraded to the mixed 8 bed which is a newer part of the building and far nicer. A lot cleaner, easier to socialise however the shower was cold!

Great hostel best in Brisbane

Great place to stay. I'll stay again on the Bunk when I'm coming back to Brisbane.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Chile

Bunk Backpackers has a fantastic, fun atmosphere. It's close to Chinatown and a lot of cool bars and restaurants. The hostel itself was clean. It's attached to a bar that was full and fun, and although our room was right next to it, I couldn't hear a thing from the room. The staff were okay and mostly friendly, but for some reason, they tended to ignore the line of people waiting for their help. Overall, I recommend this hostel.

• 7th Mar 2015

Bunk Accommodation....how very disappointing. Broken lockers that could not be fixed - complete lack of security. Staff - unhelpful - I booked 6 nights here...paid $450...left within 24 hours as it was so bad and was not offered a penny back - only credit - absolute robbery. Broken air conditioning, extremely cramped rooms, broken air conditioning, complete rip off and a supposed deluxe room is somewhere i would not even put a homeless person. Hated this place with a passion!!! DONT DO IT!!!!!!

• 7th Mar 2015

Very nice hostel with great staff and a bar next door

Great hostel! Very clean bathrooms. And kitchen is cleaned properly everyday. It also has a good bar with cheap drinks, $8.50 a jug of beer. Would definetly stay again.

Nice party hostel, specially because of the staff. My shower was not working but they have showers close to the room, so its ok. Some things in the hostel are quite old. The beds are noisy bust most of hostel's beds are. They have a good bar, pool and video games and free breakfast that its nice. I stayed only 4 nights to watch the Soundwave Festival.

Wifi only in lobby. Otherwise, no complaints.

The kitchen is just awesome, spacious and free brekky. Staff is friendly, free wifi was good. Rooms are big, bed is good and showers and toilets are clean. Birdees club was fun. But as I'm traveling on my own I found it hard to find new people. Most people go to work t school and aren't really 'backpackers'. Also, the beds all have a wall around it so its hard to connect with your roommates. Luckily I met some cool people in the kitchen and lobby which made me stay for another night.

I love this hostel! Stayed there for 2months! It is definitely the best hostel in Brisbane! The staff is awesome, the rooms are clean and cool, the have free Wifi and free breakfast and a really cool bar/club next to it! I had such a good time here!

My bedroom was not clean enough and there were lots of cups with drinks left over the lockers for the duration of my stay. I guess they could clean the rooms daily and it would improve the guests' comfort significantly!

Good clean hostel, good location, worrh spending a little extra for a 4/6 bed room with ensuite. Air con is a god send. Helpfull staff. Wifi signal is poor in the rooms though. All in all extremely happy with the place.

There is no oven in the kitchen which I think is a little odd

Great hostel, by far the best I've stayed in in Australia so far! Lots of privacy and a great place to meet like minded people. Highly recommend. Birdees is a good night out too. Not much to do when the weather is bad though

Had a good stay there before my trip on the East coast! We booked a deluxe 4 bed dorm and I do think it worth it - Toilet and shower are clean and separate so it's really practical - Own bed-light - Power points all around the room (be sure to check for them, there is a technical/electrical tube running around the room with them) Haven't had the chance to try the facilities though, maybe next time!

The bunk beds are very creaky.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5