Bunk Backpackers Reviews

11-21 Gipps Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia

2088 Total Reviews

Well organized hostel with a good atmosphere. 24 hour-reception is a big plus, as is the electrical socket and shelf for every bed. Free WiFi and lots of seating space in the common area. Not much room for improvement overall.

Didn't manage to get much sleep here at all. Old beds people could in all night (tuesday). Would reccomend for weekend only

The hostel itself was generally okay. Facilities were avergage and clean enough however with a room on the ground floor, it was very noisy. The beds were incredibly squeaky and the rooms were quite dark and not designed for socialising. The common areas were nice - much better for socialising!

mattress was very thin and too soft. got back pain.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Japan

Nice hostel with great staff. Kitchen is well equipped for the size of hostel. Good location fairly central.

BUNK is in Fortitude Valley and about 20-25 minutes walk to the city, or 5 minute walk to the train/skytrain station - good location. It's a huge hostel so can be a bit of a wait getting checked in and there isn't much space to move in the rooms since so many beds are packed in. Toilets/showers weren't amazing but manageable, think they just got cleaned by a live-in cleaner with a bleached mop. There's a bar attached, not really a chilled venue just big and loud.

Too big. More like a holiday place rather than a backpacker place. Great if you're with a group as the bar is just next door.

Was an ok hostel for the 5 days we were there. One of the guys who works there was a complete arse my friend needed to go to hosptial coz she was in so much pain with her ears from the flight and all he did was laugh!.... Nice to have free breakfast the rooms smelt as you can't open the windows and with a 12 bed dorm with mostly men you can imagine the smell!

I wanted a quiet few days in Brisbane, so in hindsight, I should have possibly chosen a different location than Fortitude Valley! I can't fault the hostel, it was brilliant; however I was a little unlucky with my fellow room mates, and I felt that the Valley wasn't for me - it is an excellent hostel, however - very helpful staff, excellent facilities, clean rooms etc, just the location wasn't for me. If you want to party - go here!

One of the cleanest hostels I've ever stayed in, everything still looks brand new and all the facilities are up to date, just a little far away, as it's quite a big hostel and there are a lot of floors. Very much a party hostel, always something going on, and connected to a bar, so don't stay here if you're looking for a quiet time, especially on a weekend!

Great atmosphere! I made so many friends :) They give all new arrivals a free cocktail at 5pm on arrival so that starts the bonding. They have lots of events on at the hostel (Trivia, Tranny Bingo, Reptile show) and free bus transfers to Roma St

• 29th Jun 2015

BUNK IS A MASSIVE HOSTEL, HAS TONS OF TOUR OPTIONS, VENDING MACHINES, LAUNDRY, PLENTY OF WASHROOMS, AND THEY HAVE CASUAL JOBS IN EXCHANGE FOR FREE STAY. THE FREE BREAKFAST INCLUDES TOAST & CEREAL. INSTANT COFFEE IS FREE. KITCHEN IS MASSIVE AND HAS TONS OF FRIDGES.

The hostel and the room was nice enough but be careful who you end up sharing as some people seem to have an issue with boundaries and think it is appropriate to fool around with someone while you are in a small room together.

In all honestly, the staff are a bit of a let down. There is this strange focus of staff and clients should not associate together. From this they are quite rude and blunt and enjoy there own circle. But above all if anyone didn't book into the hostel because of this one negative then they would be an idiot, I am still there and am having a great time

• 15th Jun 2015

I enjoyed my stay at Bunk Hostel, I am a return customer and will continue to return. a++

Morning staffs who serve us breakfast were lazy. We went at 9:15am and there's no more bread/toast, we asked for more and she just replied she's reluctant to serve us right now, many went at that time didn't get to eat. Night staffs during handover was totally under staff. Our room's light bulb went off and they couldn't change for that time due to no people manning the reception.

(+) Very good prices at the Bar. (-) the water from the shower was cold.

The hostel is nice and despite not finding a lot to do in Brisbane the hostel tries hard to keep its bored zombie guest going with a different theme in the bar each night and day trips to what little there is to do, most to two zoo's full of stinking koalas. Make sure you check out bang on time though as I witness a poor traveller getting grief for checking out 5 minutes late... although that one member of staff looked like a gimp and hopefully won't be there for your stay x

Good dorms and clean bathroom. Quite big so quite hard to meet people. Quite far from other backpacker area and the valley is often more expensive.

We stayed here for two nights, free wifi, breakfast and shuttle bus were welcome. The courtesy bus to the koala sanctuary was good too. Things can get a bit hectic in the kitchen and free wifi spot. Also, our eight bed dorm smelled a bit damp with lots of condensation on our window as the shower is in the room and the windows don't open; this could have just been our room though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5