Bunk Backpackers Reviews

11-21 Gipps Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia

2029 Total Reviews

You get what you pay for I suppose. The kitchen is a fair size but with not a lot of room for cooking when it's crowded, plus sometimes only one of the stoves was working. The showers were always cold. They say run the water until it's hot because it's winter, you could stand there all day and it would just go from freezing to just cold. The wifi doesn't reach the room so no point in paying for their wifi.

Sometimes it's really unfortunate that you can't open the windows

Not much to do at this place if you don't fancy hitting their adjoining bar as cinema room is out of order. Not particularly well located for accessing Brisbane to its best either.

The beds were really nice and it was good that you had a lamp by your bed. The shower in the ensuit rooms were really good! Although the staff weren't that welcoming, it just felt like I was in their way. When I checked in they only spoke to each other and basically didn't care about me. It was a bit hard socially, the layout of the room makes it hard to talk and in the common area is the only free wifi so it's hard. But I only stayed for 1 night so it probably gets better! Could stay here again

It was just an overnight stay, I was in a 4 bed female dorm with ensuite. Well worth the little more money for ensuite. I was fortunate to be sharing room with 2 younger girls who went out partying at night and had the room to myself during most of the time when I was awake. Bed space came with locker, powerpoint and bed light.

• 16th May 2015
  • Singapore

Nice hostel !! Clean, wifi, good breakfast ! Good for the party! Just small problem with the hot water in the showers! But good hostel :)

The door in our hostel room never seemed to shut but i was never worried about my items,didn't like the set up in the room not very sociable. The kitchen was big, was gutted that the cinema screen wasn't working as i really wanted a movie hangover day! loved the bar next door and the location is great, i recommend 'the met' on a saturday night! its $20 entry but the music is amazing on the second floor! showers were a bit smelly and could of been cleaner, the wifi advertised as free we paid $2??

Great place , awesome people , clean rooms probably one of best hostels I've stayed in Australia. My only slight issues was the one of girl bartenders was constantly in a foul mood and very rude. Need to find a new bartender but besides that best hostel in Australia

Nice place, just need to change the beds, I stayed there with 4 friends none of us sleep with the beds. I know that in backpackers the beds are not really good but here it was the worst. Exept that he recomand that place, the bar of the hostel has a pretty good ambiance too.

Good location, good kitchen great access to the bar. No real TV area, arrogant and rude female staff, but really personable male staff at reception. Secure lockers were an issue.

This hostel is well located and has some great day trips available. However, with the on site bar it's very noisy and there is no common room as such where you can chill if you don't want to party.

My stay in your place was excellent, Thank you!

Es ist ein großes Hostel ca 15 min vom Stadtzentrum zu Fuß entfernt. Es verfügt im Eingangsbereich nicht über Rampen, meine schweren Gepäckstücke musste ich die Treppe hochhiefen. Mitarbeiter waren teilweise unfreundlich. Die Toiletten in den öffentlichen Bereichen waren dreckig, der Pool nicht wie auf den Bildern eher alt und rostig. Die Hostelbar wurde als öffentliche Disco genutzt, es war laut und voll...die Betten unbequem und bei jeder Bewegung geräusche machend. Wlan +$, waschen 8$

• 16th Apr 2015

Decent hostel with good bathrooms, free breakfast and a great location. Massive downside was the cramped rooms and uncomfortable noisy beds. Individual light and electricity socket for each bunk is a great idea and very convenient.

By far the worst hostile I've stayed in so far. The staff is friendly and the place is clean, but I have never experienced such inconsiderate guests. If you're looking for a place to get some sleep, stay elsewhere.

Bunk backpackers is very accomidating for the backpackers way of life. The atmosphere is comfortable and provides an easy recovery location if you are just stopping by as well as a great place to stay for a while if you're looking for work. The staff go above and beyond to make sure you have the best Australian experience possible.

• 14th Apr 2015

good facilities and clean hostel. some staff members could be nicer on reception, despise this good stay overall

Was pleasantly surprised by this hostel. Very convenient & great value for money. Free breakfast is always a plus. Staff were good considering they are dealing wt backpackers all day. Most of them are internationals & hv limited knowledge of local area. Around the corner at Peterpan Travel, they hv knowledgeable staff and free Internet. Great stay. Reccommend.

Location not ideal compared to other hostels which are right in the city. Staff were pretty rude during check out and rooms were pretty un-socialable in their layout but there was added privacy from this so depends what you're after

Best hostel we have stayed at so far. Only complaint is that in our en-suite the shower hadn't been cleaned and there was a lot of black hair on the walls. But apart from that was a very modern and nice bathroom. Nice room and outside area. Would stay again and recommend to others.

Hi there! We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Our housekeepers go in every day to keep things pristine but next you come across if you have any problems please come down to our 24 hour reception and our staff will be happy to sort out any worries! See you again soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6