Bunk Backpackers Reviews

11-21 Gipps Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia

We were very satisfied with the place, good for the money and very good location.

Very friendly and hospitable staff. Nice with included breakfast and convenient to meet other travellers in the adjacent bar. The sheer size of the place makes it a bit impersonal, though, and it's a slight walk into the city center. Overall a nice place.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Sweden

NOT REALLY FREE WIFI! Only 30 minutes which I think is misleading. They should change their marketing. Great security and 24 hour staffing. Location a 15-20 minute walk from South Bank but area has cheap food and places to go out. Staff was a mixed bag; they didn't all seem fully aware of their own events and their time, and caused me and a ton of others I spoke to to miss things like free food which every backpacker knows is key! Atmosphere was great for meeting people. Cleanliness also great!

Hi there! We recently changed our free Wifi policy as when we gave free internet the whole time we got a lot of negative feedback about the speed and that it was negative for the atmosphere. Now you get 30 minutes of high speed wifi every day (not just 30 minutes for your stay) and we have halved cost of the paid internet in the last year so it is just $2 for 24 hours or $10 for a week of unlimited super fast awesomeness! Hopefully we will see you again soon!!!

Good place, would stay again.

Room 209 was disgusting! Smelly, damp and a mess! The other backpackers had trashed the place! I had to climb over other people's belongs to get in the room and love stuff off the bed which I assumed was mine! Toilet had no paper, and shower was full of towels, and toiletries and no space to move/shower or put my stuff!

Thanks for leaving the review We always try and encourage people to be respectful and mindful of the space that they are sharing with other guests as we know it can be frustrating for guests checking in (or even just staying for a while)! Housekeeping cleans every room every day and don't forget next time you stay we have a 24 hour reception so we can sort out anything else for you and even move you so you have the best BUNK stay possible! Hopefully we will see you again! Love BUNK

The Pool smells bit weird and the Hot tub wasnt always hot.

• 7th Dec 2015

Good bar / activities and good location.. nice that every bed has it's own charge point and little light, rooms a bit cramped though

There is absolutely no security if you don't own a locker. Someone came into my bed at night and probably tried to steal my bags or was drunk I am not sure. I spend the worst night of all my holidays. Too many drunk people everywhere which is too bad for those who are more day explorers than nightlife addicts. Otherwise, bed, breakfast and other facilities were good for the price paid.

All rooms have security access for only the guests who are staying there and if you need a padlock you can buy one at reception so everything is locked away safe and sound for you. Next time you stay, if you have any problems while you are here please come and tell our receptionists. We have somebody on the desk 24 hours a day but no matter how awesome they are they can't fix what they don't know about! Hopefully we will see you again for a wicked stay! Love BUNK

Nothing special. Staff were exceptionally rude and deliberately humiliated me ruining my stay there. Rooms don't encourage people to socialise by the layout creating an awkward atmosphere, not really what I think a hostel is for. Beds weren't proper mattresses and were uncomfortable.

• 2nd Dec 2015

This hostel is really good. It's clean, the stuff was really nice. To be fair, the beds were squeals a lot. And I slept directly on the door. So it was a little bit annoying, the door opened and closed till late. But in all, it's a good hostel to stay. To downtown it's 20 minutes walk. They have a laundry, pool, bar and kitchen as well. Go for it ;)

The dress code at the adjacent backpackers bar birdees was absolutely ridiculous

Good for location, However wouldn't stay more then a few days, Front staff wasnt too helpful and the wifi was awful and hardly worked and could only be used in the lobby area which is usually packed

Good stay here! Good location and staff were friendly! Beds were very uncomfy! We didn't go to birdees cause we didn't stay long enough but it sounded like it had a good atmosphere! The layout of the room was weird too many dividers - not necessary! But other than that pretty good hostel.

Loved staying at Bunk. Rooms clean and big, I was upgraded to one with en-suite and balcony. Plug point next to bed and lockers for leaving your valuables. Bar downstairs that puts on good nights. Staff at reception helpful with booking extra activities and planning your trip ahead. Must stay if visiting Brisbane, close to bars and clubs but within 15/20 minutes of South bank and shops.

Clean, social atmosphere, good bar area and rooms well set up for charge station and mini light

Hi staff very helpful especially travel advisor. Decor needs updating and building works on going so a little disruptive nothing wrong with actual rooms corridors a bit dingy just needing brightening up. Otherwise fine..

• 24th Nov 2015

It was the perfect hostel to stay at for one night in the city. Wicked location, friendly staff, comfortable bed, I have nothing to complain about.

Thanks for taking the time to chuck as perfect score! It's just a shame you were only here one night! Feel free to stay a bit longer next time...see if we can improve on perfection!!! Love BUNK

Friendly staff with a big kitchen and communal area and cheap drinks!

Thanks for taking the time to review BUNK! You're welcome back ANY time so you can party with all those friendly staff!!! Love BUNK

The room I was in was very cramped - no room to move and the air con didn't work and there was no window. A lot of refurb work going on and I've since heard a lot of the newer rooms are a lot nicer.

Good location, fun place to be on the weekends.

• 13th Nov 2015

Thanks for taking the time to review! We also do a variety of stuff throughout the week! We do swim in Movies on Mondays, a great Trivia night on Tuesday and plenty of other activities for you guys as well and they are all FREEEEEEEE!!!!!