Bunk Backpackers Reviews

11-21 Gipps Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia

2089 Total Reviews

After being literally forgotten at the bus station and waiting there for over 1.5hours (if you do need the shuttle, don't do as they say to call when you arrive because they'll tell you anyway that the shuttle will be there in 1/2hour), I didn't get any sort of apologies by the driver or the guy who checked me in and seemed just unhappy to be there... So it started badly then I arrived in a room with horrible mattresses, no possibility to open a window, imagine the smell and the heat... A no go

Not in the city center, but I loved the location! It's close to the nightlife area and only a 10 minute walk from the city center. The dorms are a bit weird, but it's nice to have the bathroom and toilet in the dorm! Beds are okay, but they don't change the duvet.. The sheets are not too clean either.

Staff were generally very helpful, though there was a lady with red hair on reception who seemed quite abrupt with guests checking out. Place was generally clean. Location is near the party/clubbing part of Brissy (China town/fortitude valley). Overall a pleasant stay.

Thanks for the great review! Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Great hostel in a cool location not too far of a walk from the city center. Great activities offered and Birdees, the attached bar is vibes. For a big hostel, it is susurprisingly easy to meet good people. Free brekkie and WiFi (in the lobby only) is always a plus.

Thanks for the good review legend! Hopefully we'll see you back in Brisbane again some time!

I thought it was very clean overall, however, there was a cockroach in the kitchen which was gross. Other than that, I would totally recommend this hostel for anyone to stay at!

The room set up was very anti social and caused security issues and concerns (when in bed you couldn't see any other beds). Loud bar outside until 3.30am on Saturday night. Room hadn't been cleaned for our arrival. Staff were friendly and helpful but walked into bedrooms at random times in the morning to get workers up For work. Overall wouldn't go back.

• 23rd May 2015
  • Scotland

You get what you pay for I suppose. The kitchen is a fair size but with not a lot of room for cooking when it's crowded, plus sometimes only one of the stoves was working. The showers were always cold. They say run the water until it's hot because it's winter, you could stand there all day and it would just go from freezing to just cold. The wifi doesn't reach the room so no point in paying for their wifi.

Sometimes it's really unfortunate that you can't open the windows

Not much to do at this place if you don't fancy hitting their adjoining bar as cinema room is out of order. Not particularly well located for accessing Brisbane to its best either.

Nice place, liked the free breakfast. The 20 bed dorm was good, you still had some privacy in there and hardly noticed that it was so many people in the room.

The beds were really nice and it was good that you had a lamp by your bed. The shower in the ensuit rooms were really good! Although the staff weren't that welcoming, it just felt like I was in their way. When I checked in they only spoke to each other and basically didn't care about me. It was a bit hard socially, the layout of the room makes it hard to talk and in the common area is the only free wifi so it's hard. But I only stayed for 1 night so it probably gets better! Could stay here again

It was just an overnight stay, I was in a 4 bed female dorm with ensuite. Well worth the little more money for ensuite. I was fortunate to be sharing room with 2 younger girls who went out partying at night and had the room to myself during most of the time when I was awake. Bed space came with locker, powerpoint and bed light.

• 16th May 2015
  • Singapore

The facilities are good, big kitchen, it's big and the bar looked really nice. But for me it wasn't the best experience. I never went to the bar because I was getting sick, and there is no other common room where you can meet people. Most people there were in group and as a solo traveller I didn't really enjoy my stay there.

Nice hostel !! Clean, wifi, good breakfast ! Good for the party! Just small problem with the hot water in the showers! But good hostel :)

The door in our hostel room never seemed to shut but i was never worried about my items,didn't like the set up in the room not very sociable. The kitchen was big, was gutted that the cinema screen wasn't working as i really wanted a movie hangover day! loved the bar next door and the location is great, i recommend 'the met' on a saturday night! its $20 entry but the music is amazing on the second floor! showers were a bit smelly and could of been cleaner, the wifi advertised as free we paid $2??

Great place , awesome people , clean rooms probably one of best hostels I've stayed in Australia. My only slight issues was the one of girl bartenders was constantly in a foul mood and very rude. Need to find a new bartender but besides that best hostel in Australia

Nice place, just need to change the beds, I stayed there with 4 friends none of us sleep with the beds. I know that in backpackers the beds are not really good but here it was the worst. Exept that he recomand that place, the bar of the hostel has a pretty good ambiance too.

Good location, good kitchen great access to the bar. No real TV area, arrogant and rude female staff, but really personable male staff at reception. Secure lockers were an issue.

location is accessible, staff are welcoming and breakfast included. it is okay if u just stay 1 or 2 days to save money

This hostel is well located and has some great day trips available. However, with the on site bar it's very noisy and there is no common room as such where you can chill if you don't want to party.