Bunk Backpackers Reviews

11-21 Gipps Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia

1949 Total Reviews

Our beds where making many noises. Moving was impossible without waking up especially in the upper bunk bed. Room was very small, lucky we where only 3 in a 4-bed room which was already very difficult with our luggage.

This hostel was definitely a great choice for us. There was always something going on, it was only a 20 minute walk straight down a road to the City and the staff were friendly. It's easy access from the airport shuttle and just next to a strip of bars for some nightlife. Great value for money - I would definitely stay again!

Never mind you WOULD definitely stay again...we think you definitely SHOULD stay again! Thanks for the great review! The BUNK Crew

Really decent breakfast and atmosphere. The attached bar seems to be one of the livilest places in the area with locals going there too, cheap drinks! No BYOB hostel

Cool place, right by Fortitude Valley, so plenty of bars nearby and you can get back to the CBD with relative ease! Great hostel for a city

Great review! You made us blush! Glad you pointed out how easy it is to get to the city too! Some people might worry it's too far but it's only a 10 minute walk to get right into the heart of it and you're right, Fortitude Valley is the place to be in the city anyway!

My second stay at this hostel- for a reason: its great. Has all the facilities you need, a short walk from the city centre, its very clean and great for socialising because of the bar and night club.

Stayed here a few years ago whilst on a working holiday visa, was here on and off about 6 months. Best hostel you'll ever go to. Friendly staff, great facilities, clean and it's a very sociable hostel with a bar out the back! Free wifi in reception area and free breakfast is a nice touch.

Glad you enjoyed it even though it was a while ago! If you are ever back around you should come back because we've upgraded all the bathrooms and renovated to make your favourite hostel even better!

I've stayed in a bunch of hostels, and this is definitely tied for first. GREAT staff, extremely helpful and kind. Lively, colorful atmosphere, nice bar and dance club right next door. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone going to Brisbane. It was really incredible here!

Thanks for the great review dude! You are welcome back any time! Love BUNK!

For the most part this is a pretty nice place. The bar is nice, and a great place to meet other backpackers. Little bonus: some rooms can get in to the free "lobby only" wifi. I'd encourage the hostel to work on extending the free wifi to the whole place. Biggest complaint, though, was the unbelievably squeaky beds. Please find some new bunk beds!

Average but good hostel, no atmosphere but generally clean and great location.

Nice facilities, rooms were comfortable. Staff was helpful and friendly. It's pretty average but it's a perfectly good place to put your head down for a couple of nights.

Good that every bed had its own charger-station. Restroom really nice. Good breakfast and clean rooms and kitchen.

They put all Australian males in the same room, because we'd put up with the local 60yo bull walrus. Condescending Pom receptionists didn't let us bring girls into our room, telling instead we should take them to bathroom. Drinks at the bar contain more ice than the cooked derelicts at fortitude valley station. Cleaning staff went through my personal belongings to steal my full tequila bottle. staff member threatened to kick my friends head in because he ignored the staffs rude interrogation.

Thanks for taking the time to review. In the interests of balance we think it is only fair that we point out a few things that you missed from your review. You were given a free upgrade from 20 share to 8 share, checked in early, told that any alcohol was against liquor licensing and would be confiscated and unregistered guests weren't allowed for the safety of other guests. You signed for these rules on your rego card @ checkin. For further complaints please contact management. Love Bunk! xx

too beds in the room

The female dorm room with ensuite was really clean and comfortable. The location is good if you want to be in the valley, but is farther from the city centre. Breakfast was fine. The staff weren't the friendliest but got the job done. The bar associated with it is a fun time.

Thanks ever so much for sorting out our travel woes!

• 25th Dec 2014

No A/C! They promised it, and there was none. I couldn't sleep & I'm asking for a refund. When I brought it up, the staff goes, 'oh you're in the jungle block? Yeah, the a/c doesn't get there. those rooms are miserable.' So I definitely recommend avoiding the 'jungle block' at all costs. Besides that, it is a fine, so-so place. Almost all long-termers. They oversell their parties, but they're a good time, just not nearly as good as they pretend. There's 1 staff everyone avoids cause he sucks.

Hostel was bit quiet over Christmas but location was great walking distance to the valley, staff were great I needed late check out and they were very accommodating. Rooms were cleaned daily beds comfy definitely recommend this place :)

Staff at check-in was very friendly, got a free welcome drink and information where to go for dinner. The room was clean and cool (aircon), however there were only 6 lockers for 8 people, but people in my dorm were quiet and considerate. I got an upgrade from the 20-bunk dorm to the 8-bunk en-suite and had a very good comfortable night s sleep. The location was ideal for me, I fully enjoyed my stay and thought it was great value for 20$.

definitely a party spot, but super affordable housing that's comfortable as well!

Great kitchen! Would have been nice with a good common room though.