Bunk Backpackers Reviews

11-21 Gipps Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia

The events planned at Birdees and the free breakfast were nice, but the rooms were terribly crammed and very dirty and smelly, the bathrooms were just as bad, and the rooms did not feel safe at all. The beds were also unsafe

Staff were welcoming, friendly and gave appropriate advice to any queries.

I arrived at 1:30 am in the night and came from Bali. I was really tired but the girl at the reception was so friendly and explained me everything but fast that I could go to bed. I've read all these comments about noisy nights but the window in my dorm was open and it was pretty quiet. I only stayed one night but the breakfast in the morning was awesome and after checking out I still could use the kitchen and lockers. Overall a pretty good experience :-)

so much noise

Good place to stay with nice bar, quiz night and other games, so it's easy to meet people. Rooms are clean and nice, lockers inside and outside rooms, free luggage storage. can't really complain about anything. except maybe that free wifi would be awesome, as everywhere in australia...

The place was awesome. Its very near to the CityCycle station. Not too far from the nearby train station too (at least to me. lol) And the staff were great, very much helpful. The room is quite clean.

Absolutely DISGUSTED! Came to QLD for the sole purpose of being tattooed and was not allowed in BUNK's attached 'backpacker's bar' because I have tattoos. Not only that, I was removed by bouncers who had more visible tattoos than I do. Not allowed to eat or drink anywhere else in the hostel, so I essentially paid full price to stay at Bunk without having access to any facilities. No warning of this at ANY stage during booking or check-in. Pure discrimination!

• 30th Apr 2014

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Unfortunately, statistically most violent offences in Fortitude Valley now days involve an offender with either a hand, throat or face tattoo. We don't make these stats up! So to provide the safest environment possible we don't allow people with these marks into the bar. ONLY Throat, face and hand tattoos have this ban. It's unfortunate I know, but the safety of our guests comes. This rule is across most venues in the valley. Love BUNK

1 2 3 Next » last »