Bunk Backpackers Reviews

11-21 Gipps Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia

Do not stay here! Staff is super nice. But the beds are soooooo loud and uncomfortable! Plus the hostel has an attached bar, so you can't drink anywhere in the hostel. You can only buy their drinks!

I was actually so stoked on the '6 bedroom deluxe apartment' - had everything we needed for the weekend, kitchenette, spacious rooms, views of the city, lounge room

it's a nice hostel and easy to make friends. Easy to drink with people, coz the bar is downstairs. I would like to stay longer next time :)

Good that the popular bar is attached, and met some cool ppl. staff were helpful and genuine.

The best hostel in boring Brisbane

The door to the lobby is broken so you don't need a key to get in after hours, anyone can walk in. The shower curtains have mold growing on them. The bathrooms rarely have soap or toilet paper. The locker doors are broken, so there's no where to safely store items. And to top it off, there was someone sleeping in my bed when I got back late the last time I stayed there. When a staff member came to kick him out, there ended up being 3 people who weren't meant to be in there.

• 5th Apr 2014

Great hostel! Rooms are beautiful, modern and clean, pretty good bar and restaurant, the kitchen is big and well equipped. Every night there is something going on, so it's pretty easy to meet new people and have fun! I was just disappointed by the internet, it was so weak in my room, but it worked grand downstairs.

Hostel was very nice, had good location and free breakfast which was great! Hostel has also a bar and a night club which is nice if you like to party. We were upgraded from 20 bed dorm to 8 bed dorm with no reason mentioned but the room was very nice. There were walls between the beds which gave little more privacy and I didn't hear anything from the club downstairs. The room was on 5th floor though.. But overall very nice experience and I would go there again.

Rooms are very small, shower flooded the entire bathroom, mattress was uncomfortable and is very noisy.

We got a 8 bed dorm for the price of a 20 bed dorm! We had our own bathroom and because of the structure of the room I had a little private room :) we couldnt use the pool because of the wheather but it was tiny anyway. The breakfast was ok ( at least u got breakfast) and the bar was really nice! There was something on every night. I would definetly recommend bunk backpackers and I would come back!

Some of the staff weren't very pleasant. It took us 45 minutes to check in and the man on reception was less than willing to help us out with any questions. The girl who was also cleaning the kitchen was incredibly rude and told us we had to use a cooker with milk and cereal spilt all over it because she didn't want to have to clean the nicer looking cooker again! However that being said, the rooms were very clean and bunk is a great location!

• 19th Mar 2014

Had a nice stay at bunk, people were awesome there!

Just a few of the highlights here at "QLD's Best Hostel": -Foam wrapped in cardboard as a mattress. -Moldy shower curtains. -Urine soaked bathrooms

didn't really expect the bar to be that loud so late into the night. was quite inconsiderate for the sleepers

Good party hostel

Good place if you like to go out!

• 6th Mar 2014