Bunk Backpackers Reviews

11-21 Gipps Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia

Staff very unfriendly, singing, joking, making customers wait. "Free" Koalasanctuary tour isnt free, no further info provided after asking. Lobby was a building site, very noisy. Constant noise from the bar, pool is a joke, breakfast is ok if u like to eat unhealthy. Rooms tiny, sticky. Bed sheets got changed on dirty floor. Housekeeping very noisy. Plug each bed is very good. Free shuttle is nice, arrived 20min late. Location good for Valley, ok for CBD. Bad vibe. Changed hostel. Never again.

Good hostel. Rooms seemed to be recently refurbished. Good sized lockers in rooms, personal lights and sockets. Large kitchen, small tv room and lots of activities in the bar.

I had a great stay here at Bunk. Good location close to the valley where you will find the bars and Chinatown so great for food and drinks. Wifi was good, and managed to connect in my room too! Free breakfast was a nice touch!

Thanks for taking the time to review! We're soooo glad you enjoyed your stay! Hopefully you will come back and see us again next time you are passing through Brisbane!!! Love BUNK

Didn't spend too much time at the hostel as I was over for the cricket at the Gabba, I enjoyed the free breakfast in the mornings. The staff were hit and miss only saying that because I ran a hostel in Canada for twelve months

When I went to bunk I wasn't feel the best. I felt sick and when I went into the 8 shared room everyone was really nice plus I lay in the bed and had a wee plug socket and light beside my bed which was a plus. Really good

Thanks for taking the time to review...and especially such an awesome one! We are glad we were able to help you feel a bit better...hopefully you'll come back when you are at 100%!!!

Ok place stay, dorm rooms clean enough but stuffy and smelly, there should be better ventilation. Shuttle from bus station is nice, but why you wouldn't time them on coincide with actual bus arrivals is beyond me? Staff at reception sometimes gave me incorrect info rather than admit that they didn't know something, also odd. Free breakfast was nice though

in a good location, literally next to chinatown. 10/15 minute walk into the city. cleanliness is fine,annoying that theres only one toilet/shower between 12 people, they could be separate. 12 bed dorms have an upstairs and down stairs, downstairs looks better, separated beds, your own plugs and lights. Upstairs is complete opposite. Air con doesn't work, 3 plugsockets, 1 doesn't work other 2 are behind other beds so you have to wake people up and climb all over their bed to plug anything in.

Definitely a party hostel - ideal if you're 18-30 and looking to party in Brisbane. Best avoided otherwise, I fear!

Free breakfast and lifts were a positive, good location. However negatives easily out weigh. 12 is Too many people per toilet and shower. Not enough plug sockets. Very poor atmosphere as well, literally none was picked up on. Would recommend if you're over 25 and prefer older people to meet, not to stay here either as the majority of people staying were all very young.

We were put in a room with 3 people that were working and one who slept most of the day so the curtains were always shut and room dark! Not the hostels fault but maybe could organise rooms better so those that are working are not put in with people who are just travelling. Our room smelt awful as there was no ventilation, the bathroom was very clean. The bar is good but we felt it was not catered for backpackers over the weekend. Kitchen is clean and well equipped but the fridge stinks!

Amazing place with such great staff! Very welcoming. Birdees bar is a great way to interact and meet all new people! Would highly recommend this hostel to anyone going to Brisbane :)

This place is ok but the dorm rooms are cramped and no air con or fan which is a joke when it's hot and you're on top bunk. Also the shuttle bus service didn't run for any of the times I needed it when I wasn't getting out of the ordinary greyhound buses. Shower water is a choice between scalding hot and freezing cold. Redeeming factors of this hostel are the free breakfasts and plug socket for each bed but other than that I just felt like a number at this hostel.

A bustling big backpackers is the best way to describe the place. great location, massive bar and add-on club. Breakfast included which is great. The rooms are good, and I like that there is a wall socket next to each bed. Good work.

Thanks for the great review! We are undergoing some renovations which are nearly done too so hopefully you'll come and see us again! Safe travels! The BUNK Crew

Avoid the 20 dorm and pay a bit more for much nicer 8 beds! Nice staff. Not a terrible location. Good for a night out. Decent enough kitchen. Refurbishment works ongoing but nothing too noisy.

great personnel. the guy at reception was fun and really friendly.. i forgot his name but easy to recognize him ^^ great place!!

Thanks for taking the time to review! We'll be sure to pass on to whichever of our legends looked after you that you had a good time! Hopefully you'll come back again! Love BUNK!!!

I liked the dividers on the beds, it meant you felt like you had some privacy. You also had a plug socket and light which was good. It was good to have free breakfast. It was a bit strange having to walk around the other side of the building to get to Birdees when it's apart of the hostel.

Thanks for taking the time to review! So you know for the next time you stay you only need to go round the front after certain times because of bar laws in QLD. The rest of the time you can just go through reception and even when it's a big night at Birdees (voted best Backpacker Night in AUSTRALIA just last week!) you can get free entry and queue jump just by showing your door key! Love BUNK!

10/10 would recommend. Great for the price and the location was perfect. The rooms got quite humid though. The bar attached was fantastic and loved that Thursday night was reptile night! Had interesting characters staying in the room that were always up for a laugh.

• 25th Sep 2015

Had a 12 person dorm to ourselves for two nights which usually would be a problem but as a couple was rather nice. The hostel is in a great location and the bar below is convenient!

Thanks for taking the time to review! We are stoked you loved our new 12 shares up on the 5th floor! Hopefully you enjoyed the balcony too now that it heating up in Brisbane! See you again soon!

The hostel is ok, the rooms are a bit small, the wifi is free just in the common area and it's quite slow. The isn't properly furnished. There's a pool, but we didnt use it. They organized a group game one night, and there's a pretty nice club in front of the hostel. The staff is really nice and the atmosphere is pretty good.

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to review! The free wifi also works out in the bar and by the pool but we also have high speed internet available in the rooms and at just $2 for 24 hours it is some of the cheapest in Australia! Make sure you grab some next time you come through! Love BUNK

Amazing staff, very welcoming. Great bar, clean rooms, awesome pick up transit. Would stay again.

• 17th Sep 2015

You're making us blush! Thanks for the great review! Hopefully we will see you again some time! We are actually up for an award for the best hostel in QLD so if you have time to vote for us in the Golden Backpack Awards we would really appreciate but if not we will just see you next time you come through! Love BUNK