Bunk Backpackers Reviews

11-21 Gipps Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia

2064 Total Reviews

Great hostel! Very clean bathrooms. And kitchen is cleaned properly everyday. It also has a good bar with cheap drinks, $8.50 a jug of beer. Would definetly stay again.

You are making us blush! Thanks for the great review! You are more than welcome to come back and stay again!

Nice party hostel, specially because of the staff. My shower was not working but they have showers close to the room, so its ok. Some things in the hostel are quite old. The beds are noisy bust most of hostel's beds are. They have a good bar, pool and video games and free breakfast that its nice. I stayed only 4 nights to watch the Soundwave Festival.

Wifi only in lobby. Otherwise, no complaints.

The kitchen is just awesome, spacious and free brekky. Staff is friendly, free wifi was good. Rooms are big, bed is good and showers and toilets are clean. Birdees club was fun. But as I'm traveling on my own I found it hard to find new people. Most people go to work t school and aren't really 'backpackers'. Also, the beds all have a wall around it so its hard to connect with your roommates. Luckily I met some cool people in the kitchen and lobby which made me stay for another night.

I love this hostel! Stayed there for 2months! It is definitely the best hostel in Brisbane! The staff is awesome, the rooms are clean and cool, the have free Wifi and free breakfast and a really cool bar/club next to it! I had such a good time here!

My bedroom was not clean enough and there were lots of cups with drinks left over the lockers for the duration of my stay. I guess they could clean the rooms daily and it would improve the guests' comfort significantly!

Good clean hostel, good location, worrh spending a little extra for a 4/6 bed room with ensuite. Air con is a god send. Helpfull staff. Wifi signal is poor in the rooms though. All in all extremely happy with the place.

There is no oven in the kitchen which I think is a little odd

Great hostel, by far the best I've stayed in in Australia so far! Lots of privacy and a great place to meet like minded people. Highly recommend. Birdees is a good night out too. Not much to do when the weather is bad though

Had a good stay there before my trip on the East coast! We booked a deluxe 4 bed dorm and I do think it worth it - Toilet and shower are clean and separate so it's really practical - Own bed-light - Power points all around the room (be sure to check for them, there is a technical/electrical tube running around the room with them) Haven't had the chance to try the facilities though, maybe next time!

Had a horrible stay here. Arrived to be told our reservation didn't exist, even though I had a confirmation email. They blamed the situation all on Hostel World, and when we contacted Hostel World, they said everything was confirmed. Luckily they had room in a larger dorm. Staff was unhelpful and didn't seem to care to help. We cancelled the rest of our stay here. Wouldn't recommend.

The bunk beds are very creaky.

Staff wasn't the most helpful. My friend and I booked two nights and when her flight got canceled they wouldn't refund her money. They said 24 hour notice was needed but obviously in this situation it was unreasonable. Location is far from main city we moved hostels to upper Roma street and are much happier. If you want to get trashed and party I'd stay there but if you want to see the city I would not.

Hi there and thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Every accommodation provider has a cancellation policy and this is why it's recommended to take out travel insurance to cover cancellation fees. We are located in the Entertainment district of Brisbane which is only a 10 minute walk to the city centre. We hope you have an amazing time on your next adventure!! Love BUNK xx

Worst beds ever - unstable, soooooo noisy and too soft mattress! Staff wasn't very helpful when we arrived.. One staffmember just sat behind the desk and told us she couldn't help us, the other ran between us and one other guest instead of just checking in one at the time! Wouldn't recommend to anybody!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate any feedback as we strive to provide the best possible experience for our guests. We have new staff members in training at the moment and this is who was trying their best to help you, We've all been there!! Have a wicked time on your travels! Love BUNK xx

Best hostel I have stayed in so far! Amazing location, bar next door, staff are great and helpful. Clean and well maintained. Wifi is by far the best if you need to look for jobs. Staying again this week!

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Scottie91

Pretty average. Can't complain.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate any feedback as we strive to provide the best possible experience for our guests. Have a wicked time on your travels! Love BUNK xx

Great hostel and very social! Would stay again.

great place for meeting people and the staff were great.

This is a well run place, the bar downstairs is noisy especially until late on Friday and Saturday night, but most of the backpacking crowd will be out on those nights anyway and it's pretty good to have a bar directly downstairs. It's in a better location than similar hostels, you want to be in the valley in the evenings not downtown.

Extremely clean and cosy hostel. Stayed for two nights on my way to Noosa. Maybe better for long time visitors than overnight stays.