Bunk Backpackers Reviews

11-21 Gipps Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia

1975 Total Reviews

I've stayed in a bunch of hostels, and this is definitely tied for first. GREAT staff, extremely helpful and kind. Lively, colorful atmosphere, nice bar and dance club right next door. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone going to Brisbane. It was really incredible here!

Thanks for the great review dude! You are welcome back any time! Love BUNK!

For the most part this is a pretty nice place. The bar is nice, and a great place to meet other backpackers. Little bonus: some rooms can get in to the free "lobby only" wifi. I'd encourage the hostel to work on extending the free wifi to the whole place. Biggest complaint, though, was the unbelievably squeaky beds. Please find some new bunk beds!

Average but good hostel, no atmosphere but generally clean and great location.

Nice facilities, rooms were comfortable. Staff was helpful and friendly. It's pretty average but it's a perfectly good place to put your head down for a couple of nights.

Good that every bed had its own charger-station. Restroom really nice. Good breakfast and clean rooms and kitchen.

They put all Australian males in the same room, because we'd put up with the local 60yo bull walrus. Condescending Pom receptionists didn't let us bring girls into our room, telling instead we should take them to bathroom. Drinks at the bar contain more ice than the cooked derelicts at fortitude valley station. Cleaning staff went through my personal belongings to steal my full tequila bottle. staff member threatened to kick my friends head in because he ignored the staffs rude interrogation.

Thanks for taking the time to review. In the interests of balance we think it is only fair that we point out a few things that you missed from your review. You were given a free upgrade from 20 share to 8 share, checked in early, told that any alcohol was against liquor licensing and would be confiscated and unregistered guests weren't allowed for the safety of other guests. You signed for these rules on your rego card @ checkin. For further complaints please contact management. Love Bunk! xx

too beds in the room

The female dorm room with ensuite was really clean and comfortable. The location is good if you want to be in the valley, but is farther from the city centre. Breakfast was fine. The staff weren't the friendliest but got the job done. The bar associated with it is a fun time.

Thanks ever so much for sorting out our travel woes!

• 25th Dec 2014

No A/C! They promised it, and there was none. I couldn't sleep & I'm asking for a refund. When I brought it up, the staff goes, 'oh you're in the jungle block? Yeah, the a/c doesn't get there. those rooms are miserable.' So I definitely recommend avoiding the 'jungle block' at all costs. Besides that, it is a fine, so-so place. Almost all long-termers. They oversell their parties, but they're a good time, just not nearly as good as they pretend. There's 1 staff everyone avoids cause he sucks.

Hostel was bit quiet over Christmas but location was great walking distance to the valley, staff were great I needed late check out and they were very accommodating. Rooms were cleaned daily beds comfy definitely recommend this place :)

Staff at check-in was very friendly, got a free welcome drink and information where to go for dinner. The room was clean and cool (aircon), however there were only 6 lockers for 8 people, but people in my dorm were quiet and considerate. I got an upgrade from the 20-bunk dorm to the 8-bunk en-suite and had a very good comfortable night s sleep. The location was ideal for me, I fully enjoyed my stay and thought it was great value for 20$.

definitely a party spot, but super affordable housing that's comfortable as well!

Great kitchen! Would have been nice with a good common room though.

Squeaky beds, good mattresses, ensuite cleaned daily, aircon reasonable temp but could have been cooler, WiFi is weak. Common areas are very lacking, but there is a bar with a huge beer garden most people hang out in. The bar does get loud Thurs-Sat because it is actually a club. Booked Lone Pine Koala Sanc. trip through them and it was very nice, drop off included in price of ticket. Lots of people going through here for a few nights at a time so not a huge community.

One of very few hostel that really get one very very important things- BED/ READING LIGHT! Also a great plus for power plugs and a shelf by each bed. Really clean hostel, more like a hostel than a hostel. I only stayed for one night but I have already made a reservation at Bunk for when I come back to Brisbane.

Great staff, location and facilities. Nicer kitchen than most restaurants and clean, modern washrooms. They have the slowest wifi in the 1st world though. Wouldn't work in the rooms, and barely work in the lobby. I would rather and did walk a block to Duncan or Wagaya in Chinatown and used the free wifi provided by the City Council or Telstra.

• 15th Dec 2014

Great stay. Comfortable, safe and fun.

Decent enough hostel,. The bar didnt quite live upto the standard they make out and the pool looks toxic, but cheap enough.

They should mention online that this is a dry hostel and they're no common areas to drink or socialise. Didn't meet a single person whilst staying here