Bunk Hostel Reviews

Kiltartan House, Off Foster Street, Galway, Ireland

The staff is terrible, very rude. That`s why i chosed to leave the hostel and stay in another one.

Perhaps it's not like this normally but some of the other guests made a trip out to buy drugs in the evening and then brought them back to the hostel. As for security I was assured that it was only paying guests that were allowed to make use of the communal areas, this was not the case on my visit, the guests mentioned above brought a 'like-minded friend' back with them! I paid for two nights but only stayed for one as this was not what I expected from this hostel!

Older non working men were using the common as a semi pub. member of Staff arrived and closed to kitchen early which was surprising to a girl and myself who were cooking at the time. we managed to talk him around but had to endure dirty looks for a while.. I have decided on a poor review because I was asked to leave the hostel without explanation the next morning. And none was forthcoming. If this hostel treats all guests as I was then it may well shut up shortly.

It was a really great experience at bunk hostel! It is located literally right across the road from the bus station so when it was pouring with rain it came in very handy! Also not even 5minutes walk to the Main Street. Bill was very cheerful and so very helpful! He helped us a lot with booking tours, buses, where to eat/go out etc. Also everything was remarkably clean which was a really nice feeling and the kitchen was fabulous and new!

Had a really good stay here. Bill at the front desk was excellent.

• 15th Dec 2014

Had trouble getting locked out and forgetting the code to get in and it was hard to contact someone to get back in

Overall, we have been satisfied with Bunk Hostel. It is set in the city centre, close to the bus station. The kitchen was clean and bathrooms too. The only thing is that the sheets on the bed were dirty and the bedroom was tiny to cointain 3triple bunk beds(but you know, it is a hostel and it is supposed just to sleep in). In the bedroom there were also small lockers that are able to contain a ryanair's hand luggage. There are small communal areas. A little nice hostel. The staff was really kind

Poor breakfast, and we had to pay for hairdryer...

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Great location and the staff was the most helpful I have encountered while staying at a hostel. Bill was especially nice and helpful!

• 29th Nov 2014

Nice, new hostel just 5min walk from train station. Bunk has friendly staff who are extremely helpful to show you where to go or what to do in Galway. Only bad thing is that check out is quite early, but it was no problem as I was able to negotiate reasonably price for late check out (after 5pm). I would stay again!

The toilets needs regular cleaning. I stayed in for 2nites and they weren't cleaned. This can easily pass some diseases. Around the door handles needs cleaned, all is needed a wet cloth with a bit of cif the dirty will come off so easily. The carpet in the dining is dirty

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Zimbabwe

Really good, modern hostel. Good showers, good beds and wifi works in the room!

My friend and I only stayed for a night on a 4 bed female dorm. It was very cozy, clean and nice. not the typical bunk bed and it was good. We still had our privacy. the common areas are very modern and they give you the feeling like at home. the only bad part was the pressure of the water on the 3rd floor. but it was ok. it was hot at least.

• 14th Nov 2014

Rambunctious neighbors and poor water pressure but everything else was lovely. Would be nice if breakfast went until 10 or 10:30 because most people want to be completely ready to leave before getting breakfast around strangers.

It's a great hostel. The rooms are absolutely tiny, we are a group of 3 who had a hire car so we left our 3 suitcases in the car (luckily we did because there was NO room to put them). We were in a 9 bed dorm, which was fine apart from the fact that there wasn't enough space for 9 people's luggage or to even stand all at once. The kitchen facilities are good, very clean and easy to use. Common area Is good apart from the strange rules (closes at 11pm). Not a big fan of the showers in the room.

The hostel installation are new and clean. A negative thing is that we where 12 in a room to share a toilet and I had to sleep between two beds (for first time)

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Spain

A bit too strict on closing common areas at 11pm. Showers are weak and the temperature of the water was all over the place. Our room was too small to comfortably fit 9 beds, people and bags. Kitchen only had mini bowls, had to use a pot to eat pasta and soup. Other than those things the hostel looked great.

Very nice hostel close to everything! 2mins walk to the coach or bus station and 5mins to the city centre. Small rooms but very clean and there is everything you need. There is a good atmosphere and the people working there help you with all your questions. It's a cheap and very good and modern hostel! Would go there again!

• 26th Oct 2014

I really enjoyed the stay in the Bunk hostel...very nice atmosphere, clean, great location and very helpful staff...if I go back to Galway I will stay there again :-)

Had my shoes stolen from the corridor in front of my door, probably by the drunk neighbours who were running around the hostel screaming like animals :)

• 21st Oct 2014