Bunk Hostel Reviews

Kiltartan House, Off Foster Street, Galway, Ireland

Overall, we have been satisfied with Bunk Hostel. It is set in the city centre, close to the bus station. The kitchen was clean and bathrooms too. The only thing is that the sheets on the bed were dirty and the bedroom was tiny to cointain 3triple bunk beds(but you know, it is a hostel and it is supposed just to sleep in). In the bedroom there were also small lockers that are able to contain a ryanair's hand luggage. There are small communal areas. A little nice hostel. The staff was really kind

Poor breakfast, and we had to pay for hairdryer...

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Great location and the staff was the most helpful I have encountered while staying at a hostel. Bill was especially nice and helpful!

• 29th Nov 2014

Nice, new hostel just 5min walk from train station. Bunk has friendly staff who are extremely helpful to show you where to go or what to do in Galway. Only bad thing is that check out is quite early, but it was no problem as I was able to negotiate reasonably price for late check out (after 5pm). I would stay again!

The toilets needs regular cleaning. I stayed in for 2nites and they weren't cleaned. This can easily pass some diseases. Around the door handles needs cleaned, all is needed a wet cloth with a bit of cif the dirty will come off so easily. The carpet in the dining is dirty

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Zimbabwe

Really good, modern hostel. Good showers, good beds and wifi works in the room!

My friend and I only stayed for a night on a 4 bed female dorm. It was very cozy, clean and nice. not the typical bunk bed and it was good. We still had our privacy. the common areas are very modern and they give you the feeling like at home. the only bad part was the pressure of the water on the 3rd floor. but it was ok. it was hot at least.

• 14th Nov 2014

Rambunctious neighbors and poor water pressure but everything else was lovely. Would be nice if breakfast went until 10 or 10:30 because most people want to be completely ready to leave before getting breakfast around strangers.

It's a great hostel. The rooms are absolutely tiny, we are a group of 3 who had a hire car so we left our 3 suitcases in the car (luckily we did because there was NO room to put them). We were in a 9 bed dorm, which was fine apart from the fact that there wasn't enough space for 9 people's luggage or to even stand all at once. The kitchen facilities are good, very clean and easy to use. Common area Is good apart from the strange rules (closes at 11pm). Not a big fan of the showers in the room.

The hostel installation are new and clean. A negative thing is that we where 12 in a room to share a toilet and I had to sleep between two beds (for first time)

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Spain

A bit too strict on closing common areas at 11pm. Showers are weak and the temperature of the water was all over the place. Our room was too small to comfortably fit 9 beds, people and bags. Kitchen only had mini bowls, had to use a pot to eat pasta and soup. Other than those things the hostel looked great.

Very nice hostel close to everything! 2mins walk to the coach or bus station and 5mins to the city centre. Small rooms but very clean and there is everything you need. There is a good atmosphere and the people working there help you with all your questions. It's a cheap and very good and modern hostel! Would go there again!

• 26th Oct 2014

I really enjoyed the stay in the Bunk hostel...very nice atmosphere, clean, great location and very helpful staff...if I go back to Galway I will stay there again :-)

Had my shoes stolen from the corridor in front of my door, probably by the drunk neighbours who were running around the hostel screaming like animals :)

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Estonia

small, spotlessly clean, central with a good breakfast and nice common area

Not enough showers for everyone and in the room I was in there were no hooks to hang anything. very clean though. Although staff were not that helpful and the night we got there there was no hot water and the next morning as well and they didn't seem to care too much.

Professionally run hostel, clean, with large kitchen and lounge.

A great place to stay in Galway, which is also a wonderful city. Clean, chilled, and amazingly helpful and friendly staff. I will definitely be back!

• 15th Oct 2014

We had a great stay. We had a stressful roomate in our first room, but there was no problem in changing it. The night-guy Bill was terrible... funny :-) We had a lot of fun with him and we was really helpful. Couldnt have been a better stay, instead there was more space in the rooms for the luggage.

Great hostel. The Only thing is they need more toilets but apparently they're working on it.. Apart from that it was a really good spot.

• 14th Oct 2014