Bunk Hostel Reviews

Kiltartan House, Off Foster Street, Galway, Ireland

Absolutely loved this hostel. Very modern and clean, the kitchen was excellent, the bed was possibly the most comfortable hostel bunk I've ever slept on. It's run by pleasant staff and in a great location. Would definitely recommend. next time I'm in Galway, I'll be staying here.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Perfect location. I traveled from Shannon Airport to Galway via Bus Eireann, the hostel is just 2min from the bus stop by foot and is right opposite to the new coach station (for tours and city bus departures to / arrivals from Dublin). About 5min walk to the main street for food and drinks. The staffs are very friendly and helpful with queries. Bathrooms are clean. Love the kitchen & dining area on a sunny morning. I would recommend to anyone who's looking for a good / convenient stay.

12 bunks in one room is really too much! There was no room to move or for people's bags.

• 4th Jul 2015

Absolutely loved it here! It's very new and everything is modern and clean and sleek, each bunk has it's own light and charging station and shelf and each bed comes with and assigned locker with a provided lock and key. Bathrooms and showers were very clean and staff was helpful. Location cannot be beat. Right down the block from the bus station and 2 minute walk from the main city center but 30 seconds from pubs. 10/10 would recommend and def would come back here.

We stayed at Bunk Hostel for two nights. It was perfect for us (two young female travellers). Steps away from the liveliness of the city. The staff was great (Georgia) and recommended places for us to eat, go out, things to see, etc. Everything was very clean. Wish we could have stated longer!

• 3rd Jul 2015

My lack of planning meant that each morning I woke up, checked in another night & moved dorms. It's a great way to have a freshly made bed every day & I would recommend it. Only 1 dorm was a bit creepy, it's just next door to the hostel, but best shower! Bill at reception is great, and sarcastic, there's a lovely game you can play where you get him to google your travel plans while he is really busy, he absolutely loves it! Common room lacks atmosphere, but the rest of the hostel is amazing!

My second time staying in bunk hostel, great place with quirky little touches.

• 17th Jun 2015

So fresh and so clean clean

I've always liked this hostel, but the 4-bed dorm I was allocated in the annex looks like a hastily converted storeroom: ill-fitting glass door, no window, no lockers, no reading lights, no wall hooks, no floor space. The only entrance is from the carpark, and access is obstructed at all times by delivery lorries and commercial vans. Most worryingly, three gas cylinders stand precisely 1 metre from the entrance. This cannot possibly comply with fire regulations - it's a potential death trap!

Very clean, nice quiet hostel right next to the bus station, 2 minutes of walking from the Eyre square. We stayed in a 12-bed mixed dorm - everybody was very friendly, but quiet during sleeping hours, which is nice. Shared bathroom is small for 12 people, but there are more bathrooms in the third floor, so it was OK. Staff is very friendly and helpful, booking was without problem. Lockers are too small to fit in your luggage, but are big enough to lock your laptop or money.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Clean, friendly, excellent price. Great staff. Would certainly visit again!

Very good staff,. Though beds are quite close.

Great hostel, good location, cheap, brand new, clean kitchen. Hard to say a bad word about this place. Try the pub crawl across the road but keep your pants on!

When I rang the hostel to query a security deposit a few hours before my stay, I was told I was not in their system and that they had no other beds. The staff member did not offer to look for alternative accommodation and I had to ask for my deposit. I called Hostelworld who said it is the responsibility of the individual hostels to make their rooms unavailable on their own systems once they get the reservation through Hostelworld's service. Maybe the hostel should start doing this?

• 6th Jun 2015

Please get clean towels,otherwise everything was in order

The pictures on the website are very deceiving, making it look 10x better than it actually is. Also, we (a group of 3) booked a 4-person room, being told we would not have a roommate. When we go to check in, the guy at the desk tells us they over-booked the hotel and instead of us having one open bed, 2 girls will be sharing the extra TWIN bed in our room, and then goes on to say that our rate is going to stay the same. Better yet, for our second night, he moved us to a 6 person room, same rate.

• 30th May 2015

This hotel is perfect, new, clean, the staff is very friendly

Common area closes kind of early, and then one night they closed it even earlier because one of the staff members wanted to go to bed or something. If I had to guess, the owner is not a great guy, but the hostel was awesome.

It was a really nice place to stay. The bunks were triple bunks in my room though and the stairs on them were hard to climb up. Other than that, great hostel. It was super close to the bus station which was convenient. I would stay here again.

I had a pretty good time at Bunk Hostel but there was some confusion with my reservation and they almost didn't have a bed for me even though I had booked online well in advance. The location is great, right near Eyre Square and between the bus and rail stations. Fair warning: the bunk beds are stacked three high in some of the dorms and it can be kind of difficult to get into the middle bunk. Lockers in the room are small but useful for things like laptops, cameras, and passports. Good overall.