Bunk Hostel Reviews

Kiltartan House, Off Foster Street, Galway, Ireland

I loved this hostel. There are Banksy prints on the walls, a great common area, and a big clean kitchen. The bed was clean, comfy & warm. The location is perfect, 2 seconds from the bus station but tucked away safely off the main road. Bill at reception kept me company & helped me extensively with my travel plans, he's absolutely amazing (just don't tell him about your million-dollar-ideas) ;) I would definitely recommend staying here! :)

The cleanest hostel I've ever seen!

• 9th Mar 2015
  • China

The lack of parking place was a bit disturbing.

BUNK is amazing. The staff was super friendly and very easy to talk to. Gave great advice on touristy places around, but also on just good things to do in and outside of Galway. The rooms are spectacular and extremely clean. The beds are the most comfortable ones I used after staying in many hostels. Heads up that the desk closes over night during the weekdays, so make sure you check in on time. Showers weren't as strong as I would have liked, but that was nothing compared to everything else.

Excellent hostel. Staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and comfortable, facilities are great.

Getting there,staff was very friendly.I slept I a female dorm but I the middle of the night one of my room mates brought back a guy. Other hostels have all night front desk and bringing strangers into the hostel simply doesn't work there.

• 21st Feb 2015

When we arrived, our reservations was not completed by the hostels so we didn't have what we booked for the first night. But, they put one of us (3) in another room for one night and the rest of the week and the time, it was all good.

It is really close to coach station. Me and my friend had a night bus from dublin to galway. Once go out the coach station, u can see the sign of the hostel. U dont have to walk at the night and find to hostel for long. Having lockers in room. Modern interior design

I had a great time there; the staff is very friendly and helpful, especially Andy who helped me with some paperwork. The bed is comfortable and there is a nice kitchen; I would definitely stay there again.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • French Guiana

The place is clean, friendly. Andy and Bill are professional. I really enjoy staying in Bunk. I am a regular customer. I will always go back. I will recommend anybody visiting Galway.

• 1st Feb 2015

Really liked the place. Having the bunk beds 3-high was a bit daunting, but it was fine in the end! Great value, lovely clean hostel, and a superb location! Would definitely recommend to a friend!

• 29th Jan 2015

Very clean, comfy beds and funky design. Amazing location. The staff were extremly rude. Andy, the guy that checked us in made us feel stupid for not knowing that Shannon airport was two hours away. He then told us that there was no out there and we would have to sleep at the airport (later on we found heaps) he told us not to go to the cliffs of moher on the Saturday (it turned out to be the most smacking sunny day) and he yelled at me when I was trying to find the wash room!

• 29th Jan 2015

The staff is terrible, very rude. That`s why i chosed to leave the hostel and stay in another one.

Perhaps it's not like this normally but some of the other guests made a trip out to buy drugs in the evening and then brought them back to the hostel. As for security I was assured that it was only paying guests that were allowed to make use of the communal areas, this was not the case on my visit, the guests mentioned above brought a 'like-minded friend' back with them! I paid for two nights but only stayed for one as this was not what I expected from this hostel!

Older non working men were using the common as a semi pub. member of Staff arrived and closed to kitchen early which was surprising to a girl and myself who were cooking at the time. we managed to talk him around but had to endure dirty looks for a while.. I have decided on a poor review because I was asked to leave the hostel without explanation the next morning. And none was forthcoming. If this hostel treats all guests as I was then it may well shut up shortly.

It was a really great experience at bunk hostel! It is located literally right across the road from the bus station so when it was pouring with rain it came in very handy! Also not even 5minutes walk to the Main Street. Bill was very cheerful and so very helpful! He helped us a lot with booking tours, buses, where to eat/go out etc. Also everything was remarkably clean which was a really nice feeling and the kitchen was fabulous and new!

Had a really good stay here. Bill at the front desk was excellent.

• 15th Dec 2014

Had trouble getting locked out and forgetting the code to get in and it was hard to contact someone to get back in

One of the nicest hostel I've been in in a long time. Great theme, comfortable beds and kind staff!

Very modern hostel, great staff, kitchen, rooms and location. Nice common room, other guests mingled well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3