Bunk Hostel Reviews

Kiltartan House, Off Foster Street, Galway, Ireland

We booked a four bed room with ensuite shower, it was great so clean, spacious and much better than a lot of hotels I have stayed in. The staf were all polite but a special mention for Bill on reception. Such a warm and friendly welcome and a bit of banter too. We will definitely be returning.

• 24th Oct 2015

The wifi down for a whole day which is too long

Great hostel with great location. Lockers in dorms, big enought to fit cabin-size suitcase in! Rooms are clean and organized very handy. Staff is friendly and helpful, and they do their best to keep the hostel tidy. Includes free breakfast, which is good! Kitchen is equipped with dishwasher (detail I love). Only few downsides: there is no toilets enough and waterpressure in shower is really poor (or maybe the problem is about the nozzle - anyway washing my long hair was quite difficult).

• 27th Sep 2015
  • Finland

Great hostel. Needs more toilets.

Incredible location, staff was friendly but rarely seen, computer and printer free to use. The entire place was a little compact and small, but that being said it was still comfortable and perfect for a night or two. I would definitely stay here again!

• 19th Sep 2015

The room is small but very clear. there is enough bathroom and toilet to use, you do not need to take a long queue and inside is clear also. The location is very convenience, just next to the coach station and only 5 mins walk from the bus station.

• 15th Sep 2015
  • Hong Kong

Cute little boutique hostel. It was the first hostel outside the US I've experienced and it was perfect. The staff was nice and the location was next to the bus station which is what I needed. The room I had a little small, no real space to just lounge in the room but the areas to lounge were plentiful(lobby, landing at stairs and the dining room). If you leave your luggage though, there is no secure place. They just had us put them in the lounge in the lobby.

It was a really good hostel, I met nice people there, the personnel was lovely and the city is really amazing! So nothing to add, everything is positive for me!

Very nice, save place, fantastic interior design. You can nearly always find a free bathroom. Big kitchen where you meet other travelers. We loved our bunk beds with three floors!

very nice hostel, a good place to stay

No internet in my room/no heating/no TV/no laundry facilities available. Outside light lit up the dorm all night. Car alarms & loud noises nightly. Earplugs not enough. Customers openly discriminated against. Bill/Ruta/Dermot/cleaners only positive. Receptionist Deidre was just plain disrespectful and didn't have a clue about customer service. Her attitude was one of the worst I have experienced in any hostel that I have been in. Hostel is badly managed and most customer complaints are ignored.

Beds were surprisingly very comfortable. Only bad thing, though my fault for not realizing it, was that the kitchen is only open during certain hours. I had to catch an early bus back to Dublin and I bought food the night before for breakfast and then for my trip over. Went down to kitchen to find it locked and since nobody was at the desk I had to leave my good behind in order to make my bus. Would come back again!

The bunk hostel was the best hostel I've ever been at! The structure was definitely new, the beds were comfortable and the breakfast was included and was good. The location is perfect since the coach station is right across the street. The stuff was very nice and friendly as well. Definitely recommended!!

Two showers for the entire third floor is not enough!! Almost missed my bus because the line to shower in the morning was so long! Also, not having laundry facilities was a bit annoying. Everything else was great though!

The 9 bed dorm room was a little on the small side but the beds were really comfy, the hostel alltogether cozy, conveniently located just off Eyre Square but nice and quiet, and me and my 3 friends spent a very happy 2 days here.

• 27th Aug 2015

Only bad things were no washing machines and only two showers on the third floor for everybody not in private rooms, which made morning wait long and made me almost miss my bus. Otherwise, fantastic place!

Had a fun stay here, everything was good. Staff were friendly, room was clean, good clean bathrooms/showers, and the location was ideal. The only thing I'd fault is how difficult it is to get in and out of the middle bunk in the 12 bed dorm. But that's only minor, other from that had a great stay.

The people at the desk were super helpful! We stayed in a room of 8 and the rooms were bright and there were separate showers and bathrooms outside the rooms so it was super convenient. Overall the place was really chill and was super close to the main attractions in Galway.

The room was a little cramped, but other than that it was a fantastic stay!

Great hostel, fantastic staff and in a great location!

• 13th Aug 2015