Bunk Hostel Reviews

Kiltartan House, Off Foster Street, Galway, Ireland

Professionally run hostel, clean, with large kitchen and lounge.

A new, modern hostel as stated with great wifi location. Only 12EUR for a night in 9 bed dorm........no wonder its always full :P

Honestly this is one of the best, if not the best, hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff was very welcoming, everything was clean, the showers worked perfectly, there were lockers in the rooms, right by the bus station, and a decent free breakfast. The social rooms and kitchen were very big and accommodating and you'd always find fellow travelers in there to meet. Even though it's located right by popular bars, it was quiet in the rooms and I got a great sleep. I will definitely stay again!!

Great stay! A few dust bunnies around, but everything else seemed great. Awesome kitchen/lounge area.

Breakfast is somewhat slim, but overall, we loved our stay here! Lots of people hanging out and using the common room, makes it friendly, and there were plenty of outlets for each person. Only thing I have to suggest fixing is the showerheads in the ensuite ... Sprays everywhere except straight down. For us short people, its hard to rinse. Haha that's all!

They need to add more bathrooms , Thea rest of stuff was great

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Spain

The beds were so comfortable, I had the best sleep in a hostel in a long time! The bunk space is pretty tight, but you're only there to sleep, right? Common area is great!

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Lockers are provided that fit valuables. It is right near the main bus stop and a two minute walk to the Main Street. The staff, especially Emma were super helpful with any questions. The kitchen and lounge area are very clean and looked after. This area was a great place to meet fellow solo travellers. The hostel was clean, however the toilets occasionally had no toilet paper. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to everyone.

This hostels facilities are very modern and clean, they have a LOVELY kitchen and a stylishly decorated, cozy social area. The location is perfect, as it is in between the two coach stations and a 3 minute walk away from the pedestrianized shopping and restaurant area where you tend to spend a lot of time. They also have a good selection of tour tickets on sale at reception and will go the extra mile to get you what you're looking for.

Too small bedroom!!!

The location was great, right across from the bus station and near the city centre.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Very modern building and facilities! Couldn't have been cleaner. Friendly staff, free continental breakfast (toast, butter, jam, coffee, tea, even cereal and milk). You can meet people in the living room/kitchen. Beautifully designed interior. I really enjoyed my stay! Thank you!

Hostel is modern, clean, and location is great. However: the room was tiny and the bed felt a bit claustrophobic(4 bed ensuite) The big problem was the noisiness in the hostel: The walls seem to be paper-thin and other people are not made aware of this. There was a lot of chatting going on in the hallway at night - please hang up notes to ask people to be quiet when they get in late,. Someone seemed to be sweeping the floor as well late at night. We spent two nights and woke up several times.

• 2nd Oct 2014

This hostel is in a great location. Very clean. Great kitchen and common area. Staff really nice and helpful. It lists among its facilities bike parking. The staff very kindly allowed me to put my bike behind one of the couches but that's about it - so parking for 1 bike really. The rooms are nice but ask that you don't get a top bunk. Also, the hotel car park behind the hostel is noisy enough if you're a light sleeper.

I booked a four bed female dorm, but this hostel made a mistake and double booked, so they put me in a nine bed female room. I thought I stayed in a female room, but at the night I heard two people were making out and I thought I was dreaming. The next day when I woke up, I found there's a guy sleeping on my top bunk!!! How weird it was!! The staffs there were nice but didn't know Galway very well cuz they gave me the wrong direction so I spent whole afternoon walking there but found nothing!

A very nice hostel with friendly peolple, very close from Galway's city center and even closer from the new bus station. The place is also very clean.

One of the best hostels I've staid in! It was super clean!!! The staff was friendly and it wasa good location. Seems like it's new because everything was nice, even a comfy bed

It's a nice hostel, everything was all right!

The bunks were pretty cramped and the lockers were very small that I couldn't use them to store anything. I just attached my pack to the bunk and kept my phone and small belongings with me in bed.

The place is fairly new, so everything is clean and working. Lots of electric sockets in the rooms and there are private lights too so that was convenient. Light breakfast for free and helpful staff. The only negative thing I have to say is that the common room/kitchen closes at 11pm so you can't really hang out after that time. Other than that, was great.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5