Bunk Hostel Reviews

Kiltartan House, Off Foster Street, Galway, Ireland

It was a really nice place to stay. The bunks were triple bunks in my room though and the stairs on them were hard to climb up. Other than that, great hostel. It was super close to the bus station which was convenient. I would stay here again.

I had a pretty good time at Bunk Hostel but there was some confusion with my reservation and they almost didn't have a bed for me even though I had booked online well in advance. The location is great, right near Eyre Square and between the bus and rail stations. Fair warning: the bunk beds are stacked three high in some of the dorms and it can be kind of difficult to get into the middle bunk. Lockers in the room are small but useful for things like laptops, cameras, and passports. Good overall.

Very warm welcome from staff, the hostel is all new, pretty cheap too, considering this is Galway we're speaking about. Very clean, very decent breakfast, I can only recommend!

The hostel is great! Perfect location, staff is very helpfull and the rooms are just great. But there are only two toillets and three showers for the hole hostel. It gets really busy in the morning and at the end of the day.

This hostel is a good value for the money and in a good location- it seemed like a bit of a party hostel, so it just depends what you are looking for. What I really want to say though is that the staff is incredible- I was traveling alone and having a tough time and there could not have been better people at the reception desk. Thanks again!

Good hostel for a good nights kip but no banter and no real hangout areas for the sesh

• 5th Apr 2015

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The bathrooms were scrubbed clean, lockers were provided and the staff were very resourceful, friendly and helpful.

• 16th Mar 2015

Enjoyed my stay. Enjoyed the living space and the free breakfast. Great location -- very central to both town and bus stop which was imperative. Wish there were more bathrooms but overall good for a short stay.

I loved this hostel. There are Banksy prints on the walls, a great common area, and a big clean kitchen. The bed was clean, comfy & warm. The location is perfect, 2 seconds from the bus station but tucked away safely off the main road. Bill at reception kept me company & helped me extensively with my travel plans, he's absolutely amazing (just don't tell him about your million-dollar-ideas) ;) I would definitely recommend staying here! :)

The cleanest hostel I've ever seen!

The lack of parking place was a bit disturbing.

BUNK is amazing. The staff was super friendly and very easy to talk to. Gave great advice on touristy places around, but also on just good things to do in and outside of Galway. The rooms are spectacular and extremely clean. The beds are the most comfortable ones I used after staying in many hostels. Heads up that the desk closes over night during the weekdays, so make sure you check in on time. Showers weren't as strong as I would have liked, but that was nothing compared to everything else.

Excellent hostel. Staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and comfortable, facilities are great.

Getting there,staff was very friendly.I slept I a female dorm but I the middle of the night one of my room mates brought back a guy. Other hostels have all night front desk and bringing strangers into the hostel simply doesn't work there.

When we arrived, our reservations was not completed by the hostels so we didn't have what we booked for the first night. But, they put one of us (3) in another room for one night and the rest of the week and the time, it was all good.

It is really close to coach station. Me and my friend had a night bus from dublin to galway. Once go out the coach station, u can see the sign of the hostel. U dont have to walk at the night and find to hostel for long. Having lockers in room. Modern interior design

I had a great time there; the staff is very friendly and helpful, especially Andy who helped me with some paperwork. The bed is comfortable and there is a nice kitchen; I would definitely stay there again.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • French Guiana

The place is clean, friendly. Andy and Bill are professional. I really enjoy staying in Bunk. I am a regular customer. I will always go back. I will recommend anybody visiting Galway.

• 1st Feb 2015

Really liked the place. Having the bunk beds 3-high was a bit daunting, but it was fine in the end! Great value, lovely clean hostel, and a superb location! Would definitely recommend to a friend!

• 29th Jan 2015

Very clean, comfy beds and funky design. Amazing location. The staff were extremly rude. Andy, the guy that checked us in made us feel stupid for not knowing that Shannon airport was two hours away. He then told us that there was no out there and we would have to sleep at the airport (later on we found heaps) he told us not to go to the cliffs of moher on the Saturday (it turned out to be the most smacking sunny day) and he yelled at me when I was trying to find the wash room!

• 29th Jan 2015