Bunk Hostel Reviews

Kiltartan House, Off Foster Street, Galway, Ireland

We stayed at Bunk Hostel for two nights. It was perfect for us (two young female travellers). Steps away from the liveliness of the city. The staff was great (Georgia) and recommended places for us to eat, go out, things to see, etc. Everything was very clean. Wish we could have stated longer!

• 3rd Jul 2015

My lack of planning meant that each morning I woke up, checked in another night & moved dorms. It's a great way to have a freshly made bed every day & I would recommend it. Only 1 dorm was a bit creepy, it's just next door to the hostel, but best shower! Bill at reception is great, and sarcastic, there's a lovely game you can play where you get him to google your travel plans while he is really busy, he absolutely loves it! Common room lacks atmosphere, but the rest of the hostel is amazing!

My second time staying in bunk hostel, great place with quirky little touches.

• 17th Jun 2015

So fresh and so clean clean

I've always liked this hostel, but the 4-bed dorm I was allocated in the annex looks like a hastily converted storeroom: ill-fitting glass door, no window, no lockers, no reading lights, no wall hooks, no floor space. The only entrance is from the carpark, and access is obstructed at all times by delivery lorries and commercial vans. Most worryingly, three gas cylinders stand precisely 1 metre from the entrance. This cannot possibly comply with fire regulations - it's a potential death trap!

Very clean, nice quiet hostel right next to the bus station, 2 minutes of walking from the Eyre square. We stayed in a 12-bed mixed dorm - everybody was very friendly, but quiet during sleeping hours, which is nice. Shared bathroom is small for 12 people, but there are more bathrooms in the third floor, so it was OK. Staff is very friendly and helpful, booking was without problem. Lockers are too small to fit in your luggage, but are big enough to lock your laptop or money.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Clean, friendly, excellent price. Great staff. Would certainly visit again!

Very good staff,. Though beds are quite close.

Great hostel, good location, cheap, brand new, clean kitchen. Hard to say a bad word about this place. Try the pub crawl across the road but keep your pants on!

When I rang the hostel to query a security deposit a few hours before my stay, I was told I was not in their system and that they had no other beds. The staff member did not offer to look for alternative accommodation and I had to ask for my deposit. I called Hostelworld who said it is the responsibility of the individual hostels to make their rooms unavailable on their own systems once they get the reservation through Hostelworld's service. Maybe the hostel should start doing this?

• 6th Jun 2015

Please get clean towels,otherwise everything was in order

The pictures on the website are very deceiving, making it look 10x better than it actually is. Also, we (a group of 3) booked a 4-person room, being told we would not have a roommate. When we go to check in, the guy at the desk tells us they over-booked the hotel and instead of us having one open bed, 2 girls will be sharing the extra TWIN bed in our room, and then goes on to say that our rate is going to stay the same. Better yet, for our second night, he moved us to a 6 person room, same rate.

• 30th May 2015

This hotel is perfect, new, clean, the staff is very friendly

It was a really nice place to stay. The bunks were triple bunks in my room though and the stairs on them were hard to climb up. Other than that, great hostel. It was super close to the bus station which was convenient. I would stay here again.

I had a pretty good time at Bunk Hostel but there was some confusion with my reservation and they almost didn't have a bed for me even though I had booked online well in advance. The location is great, right near Eyre Square and between the bus and rail stations. Fair warning: the bunk beds are stacked three high in some of the dorms and it can be kind of difficult to get into the middle bunk. Lockers in the room are small but useful for things like laptops, cameras, and passports. Good overall.

Very warm welcome from staff, the hostel is all new, pretty cheap too, considering this is Galway we're speaking about. Very clean, very decent breakfast, I can only recommend!

The hostel is great! Perfect location, staff is very helpfull and the rooms are just great. But there are only two toillets and three showers for the hole hostel. It gets really busy in the morning and at the end of the day.

This hostel is a good value for the money and in a good location- it seemed like a bit of a party hostel, so it just depends what you are looking for. What I really want to say though is that the staff is incredible- I was traveling alone and having a tough time and there could not have been better people at the reception desk. Thanks again!

Good hostel for a good nights kip but no banter and no real hangout areas for the sesh

• 5th Apr 2015

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The bathrooms were scrubbed clean, lockers were provided and the staff were very resourceful, friendly and helpful.

• 16th Mar 2015