Bunkhouse Reviews

94 St Mary street, Cardiff, Cardiff, Wales

I needed locker!!

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Japan

Great hostel with a really cool bar and nice atmosphere

There weren't many shower facilities and many didn't have any kind of curtain/privacy. Many of the basins and showers were clogged in the drains . Also, the push-button taps let out way too much water and are inconvenient to use in such a small sink and are wasteful . However the place was really cute and had an amazing vibe (especially the bar area ). It's good to hear you're re-doing the downstairs 'kitchen' area as this has a lot of potential

Second time staying here. My own 2 problems was now getting more paper towel in the bathroom everyday (them getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and discover there was no paper to dry my hands), and that I couldn't reach the power sockets from the 3rd bed on a 3 bed high bunk.

Great bar down below! Highly recommend ordering a pot of tea, too freaking cute! Made loads of friends, so the atmosphere was great; especially because it was in the center of town. The hostel it's self was ok... Though the locker on my bed was broken. And it did reek of mold-- I knew it was mold cause once I was looked up in the bathroom/showers there was nothing black. Definitely worth the $$ and experience though.

Doesn't have a kitchen,Internet only at the bar, entire place smells like the toilets, staff wasn't the most helpful I've seen, doesn't have a common area to chill, it's a bad and a really crowded one so it's nice if you are up for it but if looking to chill at night, definitely not the right place.

Staff very friendly. Michael is LOVELY! Everything is great. Thursday night into the weekend is noisy at night, but all in good spirit.

I was a delight to stay there, the It has the most beautiful decorations I've seen in a hostel. The beds were ok, even though I am not a big fan of triple bunk beds. And if you are a person who wants to sleep peacefully, the nightclub beside the hostel can be a pain in the ass, but I don't really care for this so I had a great night of sleep. I recommend it, it is really near both train and bus stations, right in the city centre.

• 17th Jul 2015

very good hostle,very friendly staff.

Bunkhouse is a good hostel but there's a lot of room for improvement. One of the gent's on the 2nd floor had 3 shower cabins, 1fine, 1 broken (without the door), 1 100% transparent glass (privacy anyone?!?). To make it worse, the window by the toilet had no curtains, which means that all neighbours could see you on the throne! Classic! Excellent location, staff didn't interact much with travellers, nice bar deco, but it lacked vibe..maybe because it was open to everyone, including non-guests.

LITERALLY THE CUTEST FRIGGEN PLACE EVER

Terrible rooms and facilities. It should say on the website when a room has triple bunks, especially when they're as hot and noisy as these rooms. Only one toilet to serve three rooms (20+ people) and there was a big window looking down on the strip club courtyard next door, so everyone can see you doing your business. No curtains on the showers, no toilet paper. Staff were unfriendly and overhanded in enforcing dumb rules.

Awesome location!!! toilets and showers aren't that great though but would definitely stay here again

Probably the worst hostel i've been to in my years of travel. When i got into the room , someone had taken my bed. So i had to just take another that seemed available. There where 27 people in the room. The noise from the streets never ended, of the three showers on my floor . One worked properly

No wifi in the rooms and triple stacked bunks in the six person dorm made the rooms extremely cramped even for a hostel. Staff was friendly with a nice common room downstairs.

Was very pleased with my stay at Bunkhouse, it was great value for money and a perfect location. My only negative comment is regarding the "no fancy dress" policy in the bar - I was refused service due to the fact that my friend had a flag wrapped around him - I felt that this was overly strict and the staff were not very sympathetic.

• 7th Jul 2015

Well located, nice bar/common area. Staff ok. Maintenance is need in the lockers (room 8 - some are broken) and the courtains. My bed sheet was not so clean. Book shelves and room floor need proper cleaning. All in all is a good place.

We had a great stay everyone was very friendly and helpful, we will be booking again for sure, thank you all at Hostel world

• 4th Jul 2015

Great place to stay, doing some needed renovations October 2015. Facilities were not the cleanest they could have been. Overall loved it and would definetly stay here again if I came back to cardiff!

• 24th Jun 2015

Friendly atmosphere, stayed in an 18 bed room but it didn't feel like we were packed in there was plenty of space. Good night's sleep.

• 24th Jun 2015