Bunkhouse Reviews

94 St Mary street, Cardiff, Cardiff, Wales

Really cute decor. Very friendly staff. Was in an 18bed dorm bit extremely clean. Will definitely return. Location is perfect for town centre and bus/train stations

Cold showers, over the top security, expensive bar.

Staff were near invisible. Bathrooms were always dirty, and when asked to have them cleaned in the morning, they were exactly the same when we got back in the late afternoon. While there were lockers, all the locking mechanisms were broken which made them useless. There is only a microwave in the kitchen. You can only get internet from the common room downstairs, which is actually a bar which is open to the public. basically means you can not use Internet unless you want to sit in a loud bar.

The hostel becomes a busy bar at night, which was fun the first night, but after getting zero sleep and a full day of castle seeing we really could have used a more relaxed/quiet place to hang out and read on second night. The hostel is really close to everything and was fairly clean, especially the bathroom although it could really use a few more hooks or a shelf. Breakfast was toast or cereal, it would have been nice to have a bowl of fruit, especially since there is no outside food allowed.

• 14th Nov 2014

I have given a poor rate because, I was taken by total surprise when the staff refuse to give me back my deposit since I was 5 minutes late in checking out especially when they did not even tell me when I checked in that the deposit will be confiscated for late departure! I was only told the deposit is for the key card, when returned I will get back the deposit. I had such a great time in Cardiff only to be ruined in the end by the staff's incapacity. And there's no internet in the room.

Excellent hostel, certainly one of the best I've stayed across the UK. Clean, fresh and new. I was allowed to leave my bag there for the day which was very convenient. Polite, helpful staff. If they had more organised activities would be a perfect score. Excellent place, wont disappoint.

Great location, right in the centre of Cardiff, very near to the train and coach station, the castle, the Motorpoint arena and the Megabus stop too. Friendly staff, comfortable bed, clean toilets and shower. The price is not really cheap (£23 for a bed in a 18 beds room) but it was the cheapest option I could find at short notice and as it wasn't my first time there so I knew already it was a good hostel.

Great location, nicely decorated. But there was no place for gathering after midnight, which was kinda frustrating. And also there wasn't lockers for luggage, not even a luggage room.

• 7th Nov 2014

No lift nor luggage storage which made hauling my giant suitcase up all the stairs a bit of a pain. The beds squeaked a bit, but if you're tired or drunk enough you won't care. The staff was super friendly and helpful, the place was clean, and the location was fantastic. Right in the city centre and just around the corner from the buses and trains. I wanted to go farther out and got a day pass for under £4! I will stay here again if I get the chance to return to Cardiff.

Nice place in the centre of the city close to trains, buses, supermarkets and bars. A social common area with cheap drinks. The toilets were shut on the floor I was staying for most of the time I was there for maintenance which was a bit frustrating.

Was a nice stay, stayed for 5 nights in 6 bed dorm which was really clean, staff was really likable and helpful. Breakfast was alright but little bit early (from 7 to 9 only). The location is perfect, straight in the main street and only 5 minutes walking (even less) from the train station. The kitchen is not pretty useful but apparently the hostel will take care of it soon enough (just a matter of time). Anyway, if i've to go back to Cardiff, i would definitely choose that hostel again.

Staff wonderful Great location for an unbeatable price

if your visiting Cardiff personally recommend this one, its brilliant =) have been to this hostel twice already. attend to come here every year

Excellent hostel located right in the middle of Cardiff City Centre-beautifully decorated in the bar area, made me feel as though as I was in a dream land, a fusion of a shabby chic bedroom and beach side scene. The dorms were very clean though the the 2 storey bunk beds were a bit daunting. Don't sleep on the top bunk if you're scared of heights-or if you do, be careful not to hit your head on the ceiling (yep, you're that high up!). Dorms could have been improved with bedside lamps/shelves.

Lovely staff, great rooms, brilliant location. A few very trifling problems, but in general a marvellous place. 10% at the bar was the doggie's dangley bits.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Was exceptionally impressed. Above excellent on every department and very comfortable beds too. 10/10

• 3rd Oct 2014

The bunkhouse was adorable! The lobby/common space/bar is decorated fantastically and the atmosphere is really warm and inviting. Was easy to meet others and socialize. Also the location was perfect! Right on the main strip. The bathrooms were a little grungier than I like but nothing below average. Great place, would stay again.

Once this hostel has a proper kitchen and lounge for its guests (coming soon apparently) it'll be hard to beat. Lovely quirky little place.

• 26th Sep 2014

We had a Great time there. Best possible localization . Poor breakfast.

• 26th Sep 2014

I enjoyed the stay, it was clean and the staff was very friendly. Great location and great city! I really recommend it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4