Bunkhouse Reviews

94 St Mary street, Cardiff, Cardiff, Wales

Great location, adequate breakfast, nice hostel :)

The hostel itself is lovely and well situated. It has a quaint and vintage feel to it which makes it different to others I've stayed in so far. The cleanliness of the rooms was a little wanting though, as when we arrived the large bin was full of rubbish and there was a little litter on the beds/floor. However, this was a comparatively minor fault and wouldn't stop me happily staying there again.

Wow finally a decent hostel! The staff were super helpful and friendly, the room was a bit tight but the bed was comfortable and clean.

lots of snoring and noise in the bedroom...

• 17th Jan 2015

staffs are great, the room was good due to the very few customers that night..the bar is awesome that the beds are the sofas!

• 5th Jan 2015
  • China

Everything was great except the showers, they had mould in the shower heads and when pushing the button the water only ran for 5 seconds. Other than that the hostel rooms were great and the bar downstairs had a great atmosphere and cheap drinks.

• 5th Jan 2015

They have the best hot chocolate ever the only problem was room didn't have heat but other then that would stay there again

I was in a 6-bed girls room and the room was quite tiny for the number of people in there. Also, not a fan of the 3-bed high bunk beds. I felt cramped in all aspects because of this. Otherwise, the facilities were decent, and the bar downstairs was really cute and eclectic as expected. Also, the common area in the theatre section wasn't really in use.

Perfectly situated hosted, right in the center of Cardiff. Staff were very nice, and the atmosphere is very pleasant. Nice bar in the hostel itself. Beware : the bunk beds are 3 levels ones; some people may not like it. Kitchen was a bit creepy, but they are working to improve it and make it a nice place.

I enjoyed my stay, and I loved the atmosphere. However the kitchen area was not very good and limited, and there was no non-public place for residence people to sit at that had wifi. I was not impressed that there was no wifi in the rooms. And that the only place to be on the internet was in a bar area. But I was very happy with everything else. Thank you!

BRING YOUR FLIP-FLOPS FOR THIS ONE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. The bathrooms were never cleaned while I was there judging by the same wad of toilet paper that was on the bathroom floor for three days in a row and the empty toilet paper dispensers. There was also always half an inch of water on the floor of the bathrooms. Excellent location, awful bathrooms.

Very helpful staff. The bar is a great place to meet locals and other travelers alike. You can tell that they really care about maintaining a clean and safe place to sleep, but are also able to make sure you have a great time.

Really cute decor. Very friendly staff. Was in an 18bed dorm bit extremely clean. Will definitely return. Location is perfect for town centre and bus/train stations

Cold showers, over the top security, expensive bar.

Staff were near invisible. Bathrooms were always dirty, and when asked to have them cleaned in the morning, they were exactly the same when we got back in the late afternoon. While there were lockers, all the locking mechanisms were broken which made them useless. There is only a microwave in the kitchen. You can only get internet from the common room downstairs, which is actually a bar which is open to the public. basically means you can not use Internet unless you want to sit in a loud bar.

The hostel becomes a busy bar at night, which was fun the first night, but after getting zero sleep and a full day of castle seeing we really could have used a more relaxed/quiet place to hang out and read on second night. The hostel is really close to everything and was fairly clean, especially the bathroom although it could really use a few more hooks or a shelf. Breakfast was toast or cereal, it would have been nice to have a bowl of fruit, especially since there is no outside food allowed.

• 14th Nov 2014

I have given a poor rate because, I was taken by total surprise when the staff refuse to give me back my deposit since I was 5 minutes late in checking out especially when they did not even tell me when I checked in that the deposit will be confiscated for late departure! I was only told the deposit is for the key card, when returned I will get back the deposit. I had such a great time in Cardiff only to be ruined in the end by the staff's incapacity. And there's no internet in the room.

Excellent hostel, certainly one of the best I've stayed across the UK. Clean, fresh and new. I was allowed to leave my bag there for the day which was very convenient. Polite, helpful staff. If they had more organised activities would be a perfect score. Excellent place, wont disappoint.

Stayed 2 nights for a Wales rugby match. Booked a 6 person bunk room but was in a 20+ person room. Not overly concerned as I was there for the rugby, not relaxing. Large lockers under the bed and clean rooms. Location was handy to the stadium and great pubs.

Great location, right in the centre of Cardiff, very near to the train and coach station, the castle, the Motorpoint arena and the Megabus stop too. Friendly staff, comfortable bed, clean toilets and shower. The price is not really cheap (£23 for a bed in a 18 beds room) but it was the cheapest option I could find at short notice and as it wasn't my first time there so I knew already it was a good hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4