Bunkhouse Reviews

94 St Mary street, Cardiff, Cardiff, Wales

Great place to stay, doing some needed renovations October 2015. Facilities were not the cleanest they could have been. Overall loved it and would definetly stay here again if I came back to cardiff!

• 24th Jun 2015

Friendly atmosphere, stayed in an 18 bed room but it didn't feel like we were packed in there was plenty of space. Good night's sleep.

• 24th Jun 2015

Security baskets were broken and the showers had annoying time press switches but everything else was great

This hostel had an amazing vibe and great location! Everything was clean and comfortable. Downsides were under bed crate storage to small for a backpack but with holes too big to just store small valuables. Light in the bathroom were motion sensored from the hall so I spent part of my shower in the dark but the water was hot. Plenty of outlets in rooms and great wifi in the common areas and a bar. Loved the decor! No kitchen, just microwave but one coming soon and they washed dishes for you

Weird showers, no wifi in the rooms. Tiny rooms with too many beds. The bar area was awesome! Loved the atmosphere down there.

Compared to Hostels in other parts of the world, notably Scandinavia, Bunkhouse's beds/rooms could be a little more open and internet could be a touch better. But it was extremely clean and safe, security was amazing and staff was warm and friendly. Location is absolutely stellar as well.

• 18th Jun 2015

Best location. Good for somewhere to sleep at night but thats it really. Rooms are tiny with triple bunk beds. Area down stairs where you can hang if you like but is also open to the public. Staff werent overly welcoming but no issues.

Great vibe and location. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm (two triple bunk beds). Fortunately there was only a max of 3 people at anytime otherwise it might have been a bit of a squeeze. Otherwise I would recommend this hostel. Only issue that the hotel might address .is to offer some proper coffee at breakfast rather than the instant.

Great location - kind of expensive for the value. Only real complaint is that there is not hot water in the showers. Had to go to my friends girlfriends house to shower every day I stayed there.

the hostel is really nice, the atmosphere was great and the staff was really helpful. Unfortunately there is only one wc per floor and the kitchen isn't a real kitchen (microwave, toaster and kettle, NO stove). The bed was comfortable and clean and the room was very tidy. The breakfast was basic but good. I strictly recommend people to stay in this hostel, it worth the price.

Everything great, apart from the plug next to my bed wasn't working so had to plug phone in across other side of room, which woke people as I had to set my alarm for very early. Showers could have been a bit better. Very minor things, would definitely stay again

Did not like that I could not bring any food into the room. Only water. Saw crackers on the table. So your guest do not follow your rules. The wi-fi was not good at all. Was force to go into the common room and do my private business . I did not have the privacy I wanted.

I've filed a complaint about this hostel, I got rude and hostile behaviour from the person at reception and it turns out my brother has been to the same hostel and has received the same treatment when he stayed there. Absolutely disgusted and I will definitely not be booking this hostel EVER again .

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Wales

I liked the keybracelets they used - I've never seen those before, and they're really convenient.

It was my first stay in the hostel and just for 1 night, as it was fully booked already for the weekend ( One direction concert ) but I truly enjoyed it. Amazingly friendly and helpful staff, especially Jess and Chris. Definitely good atmosphere. If I am ever in Cardiff again I will stay there again.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Slovakia

The atmosphere at Bunkhouse was lovely! Especially downstairs in the bar area. Everyone on staff was incredibly friendly and helpful throughout our stay and the facilities and rooms were are clean and well kept. The location was also perfect. Central to everything in the city and right next to the stadium. I would highly recommend Bunkhouse to anyone looking to stay in Cardiff!

great hostel perfect location would suggest to anyone

The worst hostel that i stayed in Europe! The lockers was broken in the first room, so they changed us to another room that was very dirt, with a condom under my bed and the heater was broken. The bathron was dirty and disgusting

• 31st May 2015
  • Portugal

The beds are uncomfortable and if you're in the bottom bunk you're not going to be able to sit up but otherwise it's a great place to stay - really close to a lot of things and to the Cardiff Central train and bus station.

Hell at night - noise from clubs in street went on till 4.15am. Anti social behaviour on streets outside, drunkenness, yelling, obscenities. Door to female dorm did not automatically self-lock. no light in women's bathroom, despite being reported. women's shower dirty and backed up in plughole so water did not drain away. hostel is pub/bar open to the public which brings in rowdy customers at night - breakfast is in the same pub. I checked out early but not given refund for 2 unused nights.

• 24th May 2015