Bunkhouse Reviews

94 St Mary street, Cardiff, Cardiff, Wales

There is one employee that was rude & needs some training in customer service. My boyfriend & I were staying here, in separate male & female dorms. This employee wouldn't let my boyfriend back in his room until checking his details on the computer, he asked what the room was booked under so we gave him my name as I had booked it, & this employee was very rude & straight up accused us of lying without checking first, just because a male room was booked under a female name? Not impressed by this.

• 25th Sep 2015

Central location and easily accessed by public transport, convenient base for short stay in Cardiff but could be cleaner.

Comfy beds. Really really central. Nice bar/Lounge.

I really like it and I will consider to come back to the bunkhouse in a future visit to Cardiff, great location if you go for an event in the millennium stadium. The bathrooms need a bit of maintenance, otherwise a great place with really friendly people!

Stayed for rugby world cup weekend with 2 other lads. We were in a room with 3 other stage lads that happened to be good company. Staff are great. Bar in reception is lovely. Communal bathrooms are ok. Shame about the broken lock on the bathroom door. Finally the electronic bracelet keys are amazing. So convenient

• 18th Sep 2015

I enjoyed my time at Pride of Paddington, it was a handy location to the main centre, stadium and night life. Rooms were nice and staff friendly. It is central to the night life so if you're wanting early quiet nights it's probably not your place at weekends!

It is directly in the city centre, but in the street are a lots of bars. When you want to sleep you hear everything from outside. Some rooms have bathroom inside, others on the floor. The bathroom was clean, but the light in the shower wasn't working. To summarise: For a short stay I would go there again because of the location and the friendly staff, but when you have to stay longer I would stay at another place.

It was Aight

• 9th Sep 2015

Really great place! Some of the coolest decor I have seen in a hostel. Really good vibe and awesome music played in the commons area. Helpful and friendly staff, and location is great. Rooms were nice and clean and rather large, so lots of space. Met some cool people here! Nothing negative to say about it, would definitely recommend!

I loved that their was a toliet and shower in the room, but it would of been better if the lights in the shower actually worked and turned on. I had to shower in the dark and i did not enjoyed that. Some of the cages under the bed were broken and the door was ether missing or in would not lock because it was missing the part to have it safely locked. Over all the room was alright and i didd get some good night sleep even if the nosie level outside was really bad.

Absolutely fantastic location, right on the main street in Cardiff close to everything. Bar was always busy, lively & had a good atmosphere. Security was excellent with electronic wrist bands to access your room etc. What wasn't good though.. 8 beds crammed in to a tiny room possibly big enough for 6 at a stretch, using two triple bunks! Putting money over guests comfort! The late night security guard tried to stop us bring water in to the hostel which was a bit of a joke too. Good stay overall.

I needed locker!!

really clean and secure, only thing wrong is that some people got given bed numbers and others didn't so it made people rather confused. but overall a lovely stay in a great location :)

Great hostel with a really cool bar and nice atmosphere

We loved the homey decorations in the ground floor area as well as the rooms! Hostels don't always look as fun as this one.

• 17th Aug 2015

There weren't many shower facilities and many didn't have any kind of curtain/privacy. Many of the basins and showers were clogged in the drains . Also, the push-button taps let out way too much water and are inconvenient to use in such a small sink and are wasteful . However the place was really cute and had an amazing vibe (especially the bar area ). It's good to hear you're re-doing the downstairs 'kitchen' area as this has a lot of potential

Second time staying here. My own 2 problems was now getting more paper towel in the bathroom everyday (them getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and discover there was no paper to dry my hands), and that I couldn't reach the power sockets from the 3rd bed on a 3 bed high bunk.

Great bar down below! Highly recommend ordering a pot of tea, too freaking cute! Made loads of friends, so the atmosphere was great; especially because it was in the center of town. The hostel it's self was ok... Though the locker on my bed was broken. And it did reek of mold-- I knew it was mold cause once I was looked up in the bathroom/showers there was nothing black. Definitely worth the $$ and experience though.

Doesn't have a kitchen,Internet only at the bar, entire place smells like the toilets, staff wasn't the most helpful I've seen, doesn't have a common area to chill, it's a bad and a really crowded one so it's nice if you are up for it but if looking to chill at night, definitely not the right place.

Staff very friendly. Michael is LOVELY! Everything is great. Thursday night into the weekend is noisy at night, but all in good spirit.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4