Bunkhouse Reviews

94 St Mary street, Cardiff, Cardiff, Wales

The staff were really friendly and helpful. I'm a solo traveller and they were happy to talk whenever I was at the bar. I stayed in the 12 bed dorm which was fine it does get slightly noisey at night mainly cos the hostels on the Main Street but it's still easy to sleep. Great location couldn't complain!

Had a really wonderful stay at The Bunkhouse. Clean rooms and facilities, really friendly and helpful staff, and an amazing downstairs bar. Great atmosphere - met a ton of people and had a really good night out. Fantastic location, right in the center of Cardiff, only a 5 minute walk from the train station and Cardiff Castle and surrounded by clubs, pubs and restaurants. Although there was a lot of partying in the streets, nothing could be heard from our room - had a great sleep!

• 22nd May 2015

no Wifi in the rooms

• 14th May 2015

While there is certainly a number of free wi-fi networks in the area, I was disappointed that the hostel didn't provide one for their guests. The connections were poor, leaving me (and other guests) at somewhat loose ends to connect back home. The bathroom in the room I was in was incredibly poor - I had to shower in almost darkness, and the second stall had no door. The timed shower was also inconvenient, as well as the lack of paper towels for the majority of my stay.

Extremely cramped room. Lockers are super tiny under the beds but for a triple bunk bed only two lockers were provided. Not much space but the hostel bar/cafe is really neat and it's so close in City Centre that it's worth it to stay there. Laundry on site provided for 5 GBP too which was handy.

Great hostel due to its location, friendly staff, clean rooms and vibrant bar. The hostel is location on Cardiff's main strip, but is still quiet enough to get a good night sleep.

I was staying in mix dorm room, the bed is comfy for me. Just the share bathrooms have no windows so the floor almost wet all the time and with a smell.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Taiwan

Excellent location - right in the heart of the city. I really enjoyed the retro vintage decor of the bar downstairs. There is a free breakfast between 0700 - 0900. It may be worth noting that some of the beds are 'triple bunks' so I felt I did not have much room above me. Also, the shower was a bit small. Apart from that very clean hostel and good value for money.

Downstairs was really cool and funky, although it did get busy at night and was sometimes hard to find a spot to sit. Showers were a little bit weird as the shower screen opens directly into the girls bathroom (so finding a place for your toiletries and getting dressed is a very different experience!). Overall, definitely an enjoyable stay!

Could not beat the location of this hostel and the funky bar downstairs. Unfortunately our room was a cramped and there was hardly enough space for myself and my 3 friends let alone 8 people! There were two showers by our room, one had no door and the other sprayed everywhere. Bathroom always had wet floors. Nice staff helped us to get places and recommending places to go.

I loved everything about this place. The bar/common room was inviting and relaxed, and with a very original look. The staff was so awesome and helpful. The bar closed by 12:00 so guests could get sleep without the noise. Perfect location right in the middle of the city, rooms were clean and so were the bathrooms. I would definitely stay at Bunkhouse again

A nice hostel with café and bar. The rooms were basic, a bit loud in the morning if you're facing the street. The staff was really friendly and helpful and had lots of recommendations for places to eat.

Great location and great vibe! Very cool Hostel. Great for checking out the sites in Cardiff.

Best hostel we've ever been. It was perfect! thank you.

Great little hostel for the price, care and thought seems to put into providing a good experience by the staff. Lobby/common area/bar is really cool, and free breakfast is always appreciated.

The best located hostel I have ever stayed. My bedroom was a little small, and they have the 3 level bunk beds, so remember that. The bathroom is awful, not good cleaned, and the toilet is together with the shower, in a room with clear window to the street. So with you like striptease, that may be fun. Also, they need a kitchen, and definitely they need to have the common area open until late, and not just ban guests as midnight.

loved the charming lobby with lots of social seating, the staff at the front desk was so friendly and helpful with providing local information, and the rooms and beds were clean and tidy. the bunks are close quarters, but this was okay by me as I was spending most of my stay in Cardiff out and about, exploring the city.

Fab place, unique design, really friendly staff!

I absolutely loved this hostel...best one i have ever stayed in!! Staff was so helpful and so friendly..location was so perfect..within walking distance to everything...the hostel had a beautiful bar and cozy area to chill in...overall thrilled with everything!!!!!

• 31st Mar 2015

Such a great place to stay! Felt very safe and enjoyed being right in the city centre! Would definitely recommend to friends