Bunkhouse Reviews

94 St Mary street, Cardiff, Cardiff, Wales

the hostel is really nice, the atmosphere was great and the staff was really helpful. Unfortunately there is only one wc per floor and the kitchen isn't a real kitchen (microwave, toaster and kettle, NO stove). The bed was comfortable and clean and the room was very tidy. The breakfast was basic but good. I strictly recommend people to stay in this hostel, it worth the price.

Everything great, apart from the plug next to my bed wasn't working so had to plug phone in across other side of room, which woke people as I had to set my alarm for very early. Showers could have been a bit better. Very minor things, would definitely stay again

Did not like that I could not bring any food into the room. Only water. Saw crackers on the table. So your guest do not follow your rules. The wi-fi was not good at all. Was force to go into the common room and do my private business . I did not have the privacy I wanted.

I've filed a complaint about this hostel, I got rude and hostile behaviour from the person at reception and it turns out my brother has been to the same hostel and has received the same treatment when he stayed there. Absolutely disgusted and I will definitely not be booking this hostel EVER again .

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Wales

I liked the keybracelets they used - I've never seen those before, and they're really convenient.

It was my first stay in the hostel and just for 1 night, as it was fully booked already for the weekend ( One direction concert ) but I truly enjoyed it. Amazingly friendly and helpful staff, especially Jess and Chris. Definitely good atmosphere. If I am ever in Cardiff again I will stay there again.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Slovakia

The atmosphere at Bunkhouse was lovely! Especially downstairs in the bar area. Everyone on staff was incredibly friendly and helpful throughout our stay and the facilities and rooms were are clean and well kept. The location was also perfect. Central to everything in the city and right next to the stadium. I would highly recommend Bunkhouse to anyone looking to stay in Cardiff!

great hostel perfect location would suggest to anyone

The worst hostel that i stayed in Europe! The lockers was broken in the first room, so they changed us to another room that was very dirt, with a condom under my bed and the heater was broken. The bathron was dirty and disgusting

• 31st May 2015
  • Portugal

The beds are uncomfortable and if you're in the bottom bunk you're not going to be able to sit up but otherwise it's a great place to stay - really close to a lot of things and to the Cardiff Central train and bus station.

Hell at night - noise from clubs in street went on till 4.15am. Anti social behaviour on streets outside, drunkenness, yelling, obscenities. Door to female dorm did not automatically self-lock. no light in women's bathroom, despite being reported. women's shower dirty and backed up in plughole so water did not drain away. hostel is pub/bar open to the public which brings in rowdy customers at night - breakfast is in the same pub. I checked out early but not given refund for 2 unused nights.

• 24th May 2015

The staff were really friendly and helpful. I'm a solo traveller and they were happy to talk whenever I was at the bar. I stayed in the 12 bed dorm which was fine it does get slightly noisey at night mainly cos the hostels on the Main Street but it's still easy to sleep. Great location couldn't complain!

Had a really wonderful stay at The Bunkhouse. Clean rooms and facilities, really friendly and helpful staff, and an amazing downstairs bar. Great atmosphere - met a ton of people and had a really good night out. Fantastic location, right in the center of Cardiff, only a 5 minute walk from the train station and Cardiff Castle and surrounded by clubs, pubs and restaurants. Although there was a lot of partying in the streets, nothing could be heard from our room - had a great sleep!

• 22nd May 2015

no Wifi in the rooms

• 14th May 2015

While there is certainly a number of free wi-fi networks in the area, I was disappointed that the hostel didn't provide one for their guests. The connections were poor, leaving me (and other guests) at somewhat loose ends to connect back home. The bathroom in the room I was in was incredibly poor - I had to shower in almost darkness, and the second stall had no door. The timed shower was also inconvenient, as well as the lack of paper towels for the majority of my stay.

Extremely cramped room. Lockers are super tiny under the beds but for a triple bunk bed only two lockers were provided. Not much space but the hostel bar/cafe is really neat and it's so close in City Centre that it's worth it to stay there. Laundry on site provided for 5 GBP too which was handy.

Great hostel due to its location, friendly staff, clean rooms and vibrant bar. The hostel is location on Cardiff's main strip, but is still quiet enough to get a good night sleep.

I was staying in mix dorm room, the bed is comfy for me. Just the share bathrooms have no windows so the floor almost wet all the time and with a smell.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Taiwan

Excellent location - right in the heart of the city. I really enjoyed the retro vintage decor of the bar downstairs. There is a free breakfast between 0700 - 0900. It may be worth noting that some of the beds are 'triple bunks' so I felt I did not have much room above me. Also, the shower was a bit small. Apart from that very clean hostel and good value for money.

• 2nd May 2015

I caught the megabus from london and the bus stop is an easy walk to those hostel. The hostel is also 3 mintues from the castle and on the main pedestrian street and shops so location was very, very good!!