Bunkhouse Reviews

94 St Mary street, Cardiff, Cardiff, Wales

I stayed for two nights with two other friends. We really liked the downstairs bar and cafe naturally, but the rooms were rather cramped for what we had imagined. We weren't too bothered about this, we were more bothered by every toilet leaking all over the floor. It was rather foul. Otherwise it was a hostel like any other.

• 31st Oct 2013

Very nice, thanks a lot.

• 23rd Oct 2013
  • Colombia

Great location, good rooms and good atmosphere. Lockers under the beds and power points next to beds. Breakfast included and bar is open to public. Showers have nowhere to put there clothes and you get kicked out of wifi area at 12pm.

Good hostel. Very well located. The only bad thing: there is no kitchen, but at least there is a good microwave. Therefore, I recommend!

I recommend that lockers should be installed in the rooms, also the rooms were stifling hot. Even on a cold October night! Beds weren't too comfy either with only one pillow - other hostels have two.

Overall this place is very nice. Super clean and a great common room bar downstairs. Only issues are small 8 bed dorms with not a lot of room for luggage and also the dreaded push button showers. Most of the time they simply aren't hot enough.

Bunkhouse was wonderful!! I would definitely recommend it.

• 19th Oct 2013

This was my first hostel experience and it was great! Clean beds and the location was excellent, right near a bunch of restaurants and shops, and you can see Cardiff Castle from the doorway. Very close to bus and train stations too. The staff was helpful in giving us directions, and the decorations downstairs were adorable. Only complaints: bar was a little pricey, the music was pretty loud in my room, and only 1 shower had a door. Overall a great experience!

1 2 Next » last »