Bunkhouse Reviews

94 St Mary street, Cardiff, Cardiff, Wales

Allocation of bed space was a nightmare with residents sleeping in other peoples bed which then begins the domino effect. The windows were of a poor standard as sound pollution was clear to all, making sleep near impossible. The smell within sleeping quarters is suffocating with no apparent clean air system to eradicate the overwhelming smell of large number of males in one room. It is cheap for a reason and did a fatal mistake of forgetting, 'you pay for what you get'. We will not be returning

• 23rd May 2014
  • Wales

Perfect location, 3min walking distance from the bus/train station. The bar downstairs is the coolest bar I've ever seen. Nice breakfast. I loved this place except few minor downsides: 1. Wifi only works in the bar, 2. The bar downstairs is occupied by local people at night so the travelers were cramped up in the small space behind the front desk to use the wifi at night. Very awkward, 3. The shower was ice cold way too often.

Wonderful hostel, the beds were clean and you had an own locker. The lounge downstairs is so awesome!

• 16th May 2014

I loved this hostel, it was really clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. This hostel was in the best location, right in the centre of all the attractions. I will definitely be staying here again!

I stayed for 1 night, it is very close to the train station. As it is located in the main street it is a bit noisy at night. The pantry is very simple mircowaves and fridge only but theh atmosphere is quite good. And there should be hangers in the bathroom. Although the facilities need to be improve, generally it is worth for money

The hostel was very centrally located on the main pedestrian street and very close to the train station. It was clean and comfortable.

I can just recommend this hostel. Good location, so clean, staff is lovely. But my room was soo noisy, I couldnt sleep too much.

An amazing hostel. The only thing was that the check out time was too early. Maybe make it 11 or 12.

• 4th May 2014

Really good atmosphere at this hostel. The downstairs bar is like none I've ever seen before. I didn't make it for the breakfast but a room mate said it wasn't very good. I was in a huge dorm, but it wasn't nearly full. The showers were good and so were the beds. Location is great and easy to get to from Megabus/centre of town. Thanks for a great stay

The greeting i and my German guest recieved from the Spanish gentleman on reception was fantastic.However the owner of the hostel was not so welcoming.He seemed to come over very cold to us and made me feel personally like i was very unwelcome. In the morningat Breakfast there he was again with the cold hard glare !! The sort of person who's eyes you could feel glaring at you from behind. This was by no means the best Hostelworld experience i had recieved in 10 years

• 1st May 2014

Really cool atmosphere , in the common area/ bar there were beds and loungers to hang out in. Bathrooms and bedroom were very clean, no lockers in the room tho but still felt our thing were secure . The kitchen was under renos so were unable to use them but hopefully it will be good to go by the summer!

A very good place to stay in Cardiff... The only bad things is that there's no wi-fi in the rooms and the lockers under the beds are too small... But the stay is very cheap so we can't really complain about this :)... Ps. They have a "fake" nuttella for breakfast, it's very good ;)

Nice hostel! and cute decoration

This place is amazing. I loved it, it was clean tidy and so funky. It was a very comfortable stay. The lockers in the room under the bed are a bit small but enough to for valuables in easily, just not a big bag. The showers and bathrooms are so clean. It is quiet. Which for some people is great but if you're looking to socialise probably not the place.

"Self catering facilities" - do not believe this to be a kitchen; it consists only of a kettle, toaster and microwave. Only a few of the lockers worked, and wi-fi is only available in the bar, and even then it is poor quality- which, if like me, you're tired and wish to watch a movie or research places to go- you don't want to be sitting in a crowded bar. However, in a great location, easy to find, close to everything, and relatively friendly staff.

I had a wonderful stay here, and really enjoyed the staff and the atmosphere of the common room. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The lockers were a bit small (though I could easily fit my valuables in it) and you need to be sure to bring your own lock (or buy one at Boots or something). That is the only down side to this hostel (and it's a really minor one -- unless you want to lock up ALL your stuff, you shouldn't have a problem using the lockers).

The BunkHouse is super funky! In the bar/reception there is so much to look at and a pretty cool vibe, it does close down pretty early which is a bit of a shame - though also understandable as there are some weird people wandering the streets at night. It was a little cold in our room with a bit of a draft coming through the window. The location is great for exploring the city centre & it doesn't take much to make your way down to Cardiff Bay. Overall, would definitely stay here again!

What a cool hostel, awesome decoration, super comfy beds, and soooo clean. The lounge and basement were awesome and perfect location. The only small problems I had were with the showers, as the spray is just set up in a way that my clothes just had to get wet. Also, I arrived downstairs at 8:59 for breakfast, when it ends and they wouldn't serve me. I get that, completely if it was been just like 9:02. But everything was still out. Just not the plates and silverware. Still a great stay. Thanks!

Rude staff that don't give clear instructions and no breakfast provided.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Singapore

Awesome hostel, amazing atmosphere! Love the interior decoration!

• 28th Mar 2014