Bunkhouse Reviews

94 St Mary street, Cardiff, Cardiff, Wales

Excellent location - right in the heart of the city. I really enjoyed the retro vintage decor of the bar downstairs. There is a free breakfast between 0700 - 0900. It may be worth noting that some of the beds are 'triple bunks' so I felt I did not have much room above me. Also, the shower was a bit small. Apart from that very clean hostel and good value for money.

• 2nd May 2015

I caught the megabus from london and the bus stop is an easy walk to those hostel. The hostel is also 3 mintues from the castle and on the main pedestrian street and shops so location was very, very good!!

Downstairs was really cool and funky, although it did get busy at night and was sometimes hard to find a spot to sit. Showers were a little bit weird as the shower screen opens directly into the girls bathroom (so finding a place for your toiletries and getting dressed is a very different experience!). Overall, definitely an enjoyable stay!

Could not beat the location of this hostel and the funky bar downstairs. Unfortunately our room was a cramped and there was hardly enough space for myself and my 3 friends let alone 8 people! There were two showers by our room, one had no door and the other sprayed everywhere. Bathroom always had wet floors. Nice staff helped us to get places and recommending places to go.

I loved everything about this place. The bar/common room was inviting and relaxed, and with a very original look. The staff was so awesome and helpful. The bar closed by 12:00 so guests could get sleep without the noise. Perfect location right in the middle of the city, rooms were clean and so were the bathrooms. I would definitely stay at Bunkhouse again

A nice hostel with café and bar. The rooms were basic, a bit loud in the morning if you're facing the street. The staff was really friendly and helpful and had lots of recommendations for places to eat.

Great location and great vibe! Very cool Hostel. Great for checking out the sites in Cardiff.

Best hostel we've ever been. It was perfect! thank you.

Great little hostel for the price, care and thought seems to put into providing a good experience by the staff. Lobby/common area/bar is really cool, and free breakfast is always appreciated.

The best located hostel I have ever stayed. My bedroom was a little small, and they have the 3 level bunk beds, so remember that. The bathroom is awful, not good cleaned, and the toilet is together with the shower, in a room with clear window to the street. So with you like striptease, that may be fun. Also, they need a kitchen, and definitely they need to have the common area open until late, and not just ban guests as midnight.

loved the charming lobby with lots of social seating, the staff at the front desk was so friendly and helpful with providing local information, and the rooms and beds were clean and tidy. the bunks are close quarters, but this was okay by me as I was spending most of my stay in Cardiff out and about, exploring the city.

Fab place, unique design, really friendly staff!

I absolutely loved this hostel...best one i have ever stayed in!! Staff was so helpful and so friendly..location was so perfect..within walking distance to everything...the hostel had a beautiful bar and cozy area to chill in...overall thrilled with everything!!!!!

• 31st Mar 2015

Such a great place to stay! Felt very safe and enjoyed being right in the city centre! Would definitely recommend to friends

Bunkhouse is an awesome little hostel. Great location and the bar really makes the place, it has a great vibe. The room i stayed in was small, i wasnt a fan of the 3 tier beds and the facilities could do with a makeover but i would gladly stay again given the chance. Also the inner spring mattress was heaven compared to other hostel beds.

Great place! Very friendly staff!!!.......I went from lake Llangorse, just for a night, ....I forgot my rainy chacket...hahahha but Jason....at reception help me lending me his chacket...so I could walk around the centre !!! x

The staff was unbelievble friendly and helpful :) The whole hostel has a great atmosphere with the special decoration! The key system with the bracelet is very good so it's nearly impossible to loose that. But it would be nicer if the coulors are not pink and blue (I hate pink:) ) but maybe green and orange or white. But hold on the system because that is great! Thanks for the great stay!

I absolutely loved this hostel, it was beautiful, clean and such a great location. Would 100% recommend it!

I had a great stay at Bunkhouse. The staff was super helpful, located in a great place, and one of the coolest designed hostels I've stayed at. I was able to be upgraded to the all-girls hostel no charge and it was quite the treat for someone months into backpacking. Thanks again! Will keep them in mind for my next Cardiff visit.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to a friend and stay there again. Pros: Staff was incredibly friendly, the bar downstairs was actually listed on several Cardiff websites for "top craft beer joints," the location was ace. Cons: Bathroom was in poor shape--no doors on the showers so water got everywhere, automatic light in the bathroom would go off if you were in one of the toilets, bathroom was generally *freezing* in the AM.