Bunkhouse Reviews

94 St Mary street, Cardiff, Cardiff, Wales

Such a great place to stay! Felt very safe and enjoyed being right in the city centre! Would definitely recommend to friends

Bunkhouse is an awesome little hostel. Great location and the bar really makes the place, it has a great vibe. The room i stayed in was small, i wasnt a fan of the 3 tier beds and the facilities could do with a makeover but i would gladly stay again given the chance. Also the inner spring mattress was heaven compared to other hostel beds.

Great place! Very friendly staff!!!.......I went from lake Llangorse, just for a night, ....I forgot my rainy chacket...hahahha but Jason....at reception help me lending me his chacket...so I could walk around the centre !!! x

The staff was unbelievble friendly and helpful :) The whole hostel has a great atmosphere with the special decoration! The key system with the bracelet is very good so it's nearly impossible to loose that. But it would be nicer if the coulors are not pink and blue (I hate pink:) ) but maybe green and orange or white. But hold on the system because that is great! Thanks for the great stay!

I absolutely loved this hostel, it was beautiful, clean and such a great location. Would 100% recommend it!

I had a great stay at Bunkhouse. The staff was super helpful, located in a great place, and one of the coolest designed hostels I've stayed at. I was able to be upgraded to the all-girls hostel no charge and it was quite the treat for someone months into backpacking. Thanks again! Will keep them in mind for my next Cardiff visit.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to a friend and stay there again. Pros: Staff was incredibly friendly, the bar downstairs was actually listed on several Cardiff websites for "top craft beer joints," the location was ace. Cons: Bathroom was in poor shape--no doors on the showers so water got everywhere, automatic light in the bathroom would go off if you were in one of the toilets, bathroom was generally *freezing* in the AM.

Very comfortable beds and nice breakfast served in a very pleasant cafe bar with very colourful decor. Showers

Generally a good hostel. Could do with some more storage in rooms and some curtains the toilet!

• 5th Mar 2015

Very comfortable and friendly, plenty of space, beds were comfortable and dorms were very clean.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Wales

No kitchen. No room to store luggage. No locker. Broken curtain. Staff not that friendly.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

This hostel was very clean, and the decor was adorable. The atmosphere was lovely, and it was located right in the city centre. I would stay here again, for sure. When I arrived I was assigned to a 7 bed mixed dorm, but i was the only girl, so the woman at reception switched me to an almost empty female dorm with an ensure just to make sure I was comfortable.

My favourite hostel I've ever been. I love the atmosphere and the staff were friendly.

Minor problem with the shower and drainage system in toilet

Such a lovely atmosphere and great staff , I would highly recommend it

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Morocco

Great location, adequate breakfast, nice hostel :)

The hostel itself is lovely and well situated. It has a quaint and vintage feel to it which makes it different to others I've stayed in so far. The cleanliness of the rooms was a little wanting though, as when we arrived the large bin was full of rubbish and there was a little litter on the beds/floor. However, this was a comparatively minor fault and wouldn't stop me happily staying there again.

Wow finally a decent hostel! The staff were super helpful and friendly, the room was a bit tight but the bed was comfortable and clean.

lots of snoring and noise in the bedroom...

• 17th Jan 2015