Bunkhouse Reviews

94 St Mary street, Cardiff, Cardiff, Wales

I can just recommend this hostel. Good location, so clean, staff is lovely. But my room was soo noisy, I couldnt sleep too much.

An amazing hostel. The only thing was that the check out time was too early. Maybe make it 11 or 12.

• 4th May 2014

Really good atmosphere at this hostel. The downstairs bar is like none I've ever seen before. I didn't make it for the breakfast but a room mate said it wasn't very good. I was in a huge dorm, but it wasn't nearly full. The showers were good and so were the beds. Location is great and easy to get to from Megabus/centre of town. Thanks for a great stay

The greeting i and my German guest recieved from the Spanish gentleman on reception was fantastic.However the owner of the hostel was not so welcoming.He seemed to come over very cold to us and made me feel personally like i was very unwelcome. In the morningat Breakfast there he was again with the cold hard glare !! The sort of person who's eyes you could feel glaring at you from behind. This was by no means the best Hostelworld experience i had recieved in 10 years

• 1st May 2014

Really cool atmosphere , in the common area/ bar there were beds and loungers to hang out in. Bathrooms and bedroom were very clean, no lockers in the room tho but still felt our thing were secure . The kitchen was under renos so were unable to use them but hopefully it will be good to go by the summer!

A very good place to stay in Cardiff... The only bad things is that there's no wi-fi in the rooms and the lockers under the beds are too small... But the stay is very cheap so we can't really complain about this :)... Ps. They have a "fake" nuttella for breakfast, it's very good ;)

Nice hostel! and cute decoration

This place is amazing. I loved it, it was clean tidy and so funky. It was a very comfortable stay. The lockers in the room under the bed are a bit small but enough to for valuables in easily, just not a big bag. The showers and bathrooms are so clean. It is quiet. Which for some people is great but if you're looking to socialise probably not the place.

"Self catering facilities" - do not believe this to be a kitchen; it consists only of a kettle, toaster and microwave. Only a few of the lockers worked, and wi-fi is only available in the bar, and even then it is poor quality- which, if like me, you're tired and wish to watch a movie or research places to go- you don't want to be sitting in a crowded bar. However, in a great location, easy to find, close to everything, and relatively friendly staff.

I had a wonderful stay here, and really enjoyed the staff and the atmosphere of the common room. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The lockers were a bit small (though I could easily fit my valuables in it) and you need to be sure to bring your own lock (or buy one at Boots or something). That is the only down side to this hostel (and it's a really minor one -- unless you want to lock up ALL your stuff, you shouldn't have a problem using the lockers).

1 2 3 4 Next » last »