Bunna's Place Backpacker and Bar Reviews

Koh Touch Village, Koh Rong Island, Cambodia

Had no sheets and blankets; music was REALLY loud in the room and playing until 3 in the morning; no sink to brush teeth; smelling bad; a whole chicken was cut up right in front of the showers and where we had to brush our teeth;

• 30th Mar 2014

You can't really give a fair evaluation due to it being on a island. So the water and electric are limited and very basic beds and toilets but a very good atmosphere and great location

Awful. Took a $10 key deposit from me on arrival, provided me with no receipt and then refused to refund me the $10 upon departure, claiming I'd only deposited $5. Also claimed they'd given my friend his deposit back when they hadn't. Paid a bit extra for a private room with an ensuite but the water didn't work the entire 4 days I was there. Would never stay here again.

• 21st Mar 2014

This place had a great party atmosphere, but unfortunately I was sick that night so couldn't partake. I didn't get any sleep, because the rooms are above the bar and you hear it as if you are there, music stopped at 3 and then staff started moving about and yelling at 6 or 7. Don't stay here if you value sleep The electricity and water is very unreliable but this is the case at every place on the island

In general the place is a good place if you want to party. At least the days i was there they played hip hop music till 2 a.m and you could not sleep at all because you feel you have the speakers down your ears, Actually the speakers are under your room and taking into consideration everything is built on wood you can listen everything. The staff was great, specially one girl from New york working there, She was so helpfull and nice all the time...I think she was the best thing.

No sink in the bathroom. Water was turned off in private rooms so why pay to go in one? Power was always seemingly turned off a lot! No food on offer. To be honest it's really easy to just run up and find somewhere to stay whether you're on a budget or want a bungalow.

• 6th Mar 2014

No security. Dirty toilets. Only 2 toilets for all rooms and bar. Noisy. Good location. Staff were friendly.

Good location on the beach but thats the only positive. No lockable doors or lockers meant I had to carry my valuables everywhere. No wifi, the fan in our room didn't work making it very hot, and mixed with it being very loud because of the bar it was an unpleasant few nights. I wouldn't reccommend.

Excellent location right on the beach front, the only downfall with this is the noise at night from the bars including the one below, but i guess you are going to get this in any central location here. Great bar below with offers and themed nights. Bunnas himself is great fun..... be prepared for shotguns! All in all a good party hostel.

The Hostel is great just really noisy, is almost impossible sleep on the night time. But the staff is great and the vibe quite party!! :-) I spend 4 nights there, I enjoyed but I don't suggest you to book there if you are looking for a quite place.

• 29th Jan 2014