8.5
Fabulous 333 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 333 Total Reviews
Bura Surfhouse Located at Rua da Pedra Alcada, Lote 15, , Lagos.
Portugal
Lagos 8600 546 Rua da Pedra Alcada, Lote 15
85% 333
37.1005735 -8.6868557
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
21st Sep 2016
8.0

I really enjoyed the friendliness of the staff they were awesome and very helpful. The bathroom in my room was quite dirty and the toilet paper always seemed to be soaking wet. It is a little out of the centre of Lagos but nice to have a quite calm place to sleep and cool to see the residential area around. Really close to a supermarket and always the option to join in on an awesome meal cooked at the hostel. The pool, bar and ping pong table were also great :)

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
16th Sep 2016

The Bura surfhouse was AMAZING! I would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone traveling through Lagos. The staff are extremely welcoming, friendly, and helpful. The overall atmosphere and amenities were great. You will definitely form a sense of community with the people staying in the hostel and it will be hard to say goodbye. The only possible downside is the location since it is a 15 minute walk from town, but it's worth the walk and there's a shuttle that can take you to the bus station

• USA, Female, 18-24
12th Sep 2016

Bura Surfhouse was hands down the coolest/best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff was so easy to work with and welcoming. We had a private room for 4 people and it was clean and spacious. The main areas such as the pool and the bar had a great atmosphere. We also loved the 2 dogs they had! Beach towels and bath towels were included which was a definite plus. The bar is so cheap to get drinks before going out and meet some people. Everything was perfect with our stay! Thank you so much Bura!

• Slovenia, Couple, 25-30
8th Sep 2016

Really cool place! Friendly and helpful staff, super facilities, pancakes for breakfast :) the only minus is 15 minutes long walk uphill from the center - but they arrange a pick-up at the train station at arrival. Would highly recommend!

• Canada, Female, 31-40
5th Sep 2016
5.7

Good things: the staff was friendly and the pool + bar was nice to have - especially travelling with a group. But I wouldn't stay here again. We booked an 8 room dorm and were placed in a room that connects to two other rooms (same entrance, key and one shared washroom) for a total of 18 beds! Ridiculous and misleading. Also no lights for the bunks and no plugging for the upper bunks. Location is pretty far from old town and the good beach. Community dinners weren't worth 10 euro.

2nd Sep 2016

Great environment for a hostel, been a while since I had stayed in one, but the workers made it feel like having fun was the goal. MUCH further away then they will tell you. 30 min walk from anything. I would recommend if traveling alone.

2nd Sep 2016

Great hostel! The vibe is so chill, everyone is friendly and sociable and the optional evening dinners are a perfect way to meet everyone. The hostel is a 15 minute walk from the beach and the city centre but this was not a problem for me. At night everyone goes out together and I had some wicked nights in Lagos with the Bura squad!

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
2nd Sep 2016

Had a great time at Bura Surfhouse. Definitely an excellent choice if you're looking to relax. It was nice to have the option to swim in a pool as oppose to always going to the beach. The staff were great and super friendly.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
27th Aug 2016

BEST hostel I've ever stayed in. As a woman travelling on my own I was able to meet people so easily here! And the staff were amazing...from Katy who gave me a FULL tour when I arrived at 1AM, to the barman Oli who made great drinks & always with a smile on his face, to Zak & Kevin who showed me the cool bars in town, to Thiabult who drove me to the beach for paddle boarding, to Nick who was there to send me off on my last day! This is an incredibly well run place that I would HIGHLY recommend!

• Spain, Female, 25-30
23rd Aug 2016
5.1

We were 7 people and we booked a private room for 8 because we wanted to have some privacy. When we arrived we found out that our room was actually not private, there were two doors for two other rooms, so people who were in those rooms had to go through our room to get to their place. Moreover, there was a problem with the key and some people who could not open had to knock at the door at 5 or 6 in the morning. Result: bad sleep and no privacy at all. The pool was dirty. Staff is very nice