Bura Surfhouse Reviews

Rua da Pedra Alcada, Lote 15, Lagos, Portugal

Great hostel! I loved my stay there!

Some more bathroom facility downstairs would be great.

• 29th Jul 2015

The hostel is well located and staff are super nice and friendly. The atmosphere of the hostel feels like a home and it is very inviting. I did have a booking issue with one of the activities but they solved it. Breakfast is great and includes fresh pancakes! This is a party hostel, so if you are looking to have a nice night´s rest, you may have a hard time, but the pool and the atmosphere make up for it. I f I go to Lagos, I will stay there again.

Best Vibe! Best Staff and definitely best pool bar! Love this place and can't wait to get back to drinking mojitos next the pool :)

A little out of the way, but easy to walk to everything. Great atmosphere, fun place for travelers. Clean facilities, helpful staff. Would definitely stay again.

Awesome hostel! Favourite out of my whole European trip! The staff were amazing, and really made our stay memorable. All the people in the hostel were super nice and fun! The pub crawl is a must!!! I would recommend this hostel to anyone who asked, and I will definitely be coming back here as soon as I possibly can! Thanks Bura!

Absolutely loved this place! It has the most amazing laid back atmosphere of any hostel I've ever been in. I loved all the people and staff, who were all super friendly and helpful. Fantastic pool with excellent pool bar. I really enjoyed the family style dinners and amazing cocktails. Will be returning without a doubt! .

We thought it being a 'surf house' that the staff might be able to help with some surf questions, but no one we asked had a clue. Nor could we even hire surf boards. However room was nice and big and breakfast yummy.

I was kind of disappointed in my stay at Bura. I suppose that my expectations were too high. There seemed to be a lot of staff. Maybe more staff than guests. Normally this would be a good thing, but the staff seemed to have no interest in talking to or helping the guests. They had their own clique. Additionally, this hostel was sold as "chill, not party." I like chill, but when I wanted to use the pool in the middle of the day, there was a group partying hard. Oh well...

I enjoyed my stay at Bura Surfhouse a lot. It is a well taken care of beautiful beach house with the most wonderful holiday pool. The dinners are incredibly delicious and of amazing quality. My only complaint is that the staff is very large. While they are helpful with answering questions and will always wish you good morning, they could be a bit exclusive and dominate most common areas. I'd definitely consider coming back!

This was a great hostel in terms of all the amenities, there was a pool, great areas to chill and the staff was friendly and the rooms were nice and clean. However, my only problem with the hostel is that everyone who works there is the caricature of a stereotypical beach bum and the group dynamic between everyone who works there feels like high school or the OC. Despite everyone being nice I never really felt welcome or that anybody was genuine.

• 5th Jul 2015

Dear Guest, While we’re glad that you liked a lot about our hostel, it’s not good to hear that you didn’t feel that our love for our guests was genuine. We endeavour to do our utmost to provide not just a clean and fun environment, but a welcoming one, and it seems like we have failed you on that last count despite our best efforts. If you can provide us with any constructive feedback as to how we could have done better it would be well-received. Happy travels.

There were so many staff, some were moody, we definitely didnt feel welcome cooking our own food in the kitchen i.e. the chef was pretty open about this. All the staff lived in a massive house together down the road and you could tell it was like the big brother house and that there was loads of drama between them, and this was reflected in the hostel. The whole time we were there it felt like we were staying, unwelcome, in someone elses home. But Lagos itself was loooovely !

• 3rd Jul 2015

The best hostel I have ever stayed in! Came for the pool, stayed for Pat's pub crawl.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

One of the best hostel experiences I have ever had. All the staff are fantastic, and the people are all very nice and easy to talk to. Plenty of stuff to do, and the staff is more than helpful with anything you need. I had a fantastic stay with Bura Surfhouse and I definitely plan to go back.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Appreciated the pick up from the bus station. That was a plus! The layout is great and allowed the ease to meet people! But the staff was the BEST! Phenomenal personal chef, Mariano, baked fresh bread for us every day & his amazing dinners. Wow!! Katy, you rock, thank you for letting me use your trainers to go on the West Coast Adventure hike, you exceeded my expectations. Ron, great travel stories. I am inspired. real popcorn & movie night, was great! suggest a paint job & some updates done

Excellent staff and facilities. Anything you ask for the staff will sort it out super quick. This hostel attracts a good crowd too, the good happy medium of a party or if not you can chill..

Everyone was really friendly and helped make us want to extend our stay as long as possible. The hostel had everything we needed.

Friendly, relaxed staff, who make an effort to remember your name, made this hostel feel like home! Will definitely be back for a longer stay, I didn't want to leave!

Best hostel ever, clean, amazing facilities and the most helpful staff

Wow this hostel is paradise! The location couldn't be more perfect - 10 min walk to the beach. All of the staff are super friendly and helpful! While the bathroom wasn't great (shared between 3 rooms), the beds are quite comfortable and each bed had a locker, not that we needed it. All the guests are really chill and personable! The pool was fantastic and the poolside bar was unreal! Cheap beers and a great atmosphere to hang out after a nice day at the beach. The breakfast was perfect!!!