Bura Surfhouse Reviews

Rua da Pedra Alcada, Lote 15, Lagos, Portugal

Iv never stayed at a hostel that has consistently gone above and beyond for its guests, a girl broke her leg while she was there and the way the hostel handled it, making sure she was safe and comfortable, driving her too and from the pharmacy, the rest of the hostel experience was exemplary.. And free pancakes

The hostel is located quite a walk away from the town centre, so we ended up catching cabs. Our room was essentially a walk way between 2 other rooms and a bathroom, so whenever someone came inside to access their room they had to pass by our beds. It was extremely disruptive and noisy. There was only one bathroom shared between the 3 rooms (18people). The staff were drinking at times while on duty and forgot conversations from the previous day, which made them quite unhelpful. Not worth the $$$

Had an amazing stay! The staff was welcoming and i really enjoyed coming to this beautiful hostel! I would recommend it to my friends anytime

Very nice mansion/ Hostel in Lagos. I enjoyed staying at this place, Especially TJ's tour was amazing. Breakfast is nice. Dorms and beds are not the best since 8-bed dorm is a walk-through room in order to reach a 4- and 6-bed dorm. So I would highly recommend to take the 4- or 6-bed dorms. Staff is friendly and helpful but as I experienced not local. So, recommendations are nice but mainly touristic things. Hostel is 10-15 min walk to centre of Lagos but the best supermarket is very close by.

Best place I stayed at on my trip. Awesome staff !!

• 27th Jul 2014

Bura is excellent. It's a short 10 minute walk to the closest supermarket, 15 into the city centre and 15 to the beach. The staff are lovely and you feel very welcomed. The place itself is great and there's loads of activities if you want to participate. Do a TJ tour!

Awesome place. Short walk to city but you will appreciate being away from the loud town. The surf house has a cool rooftop bar and a pool. The best vibe I have come across. Stay here and add an extra night. You won't want to leave!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand
  • All Male Group, 25-30

great place to stay, beds were not the most confortable but still ok. its a bit far to walk downtown but perfect for peace and quiet.

If you are going to Lagos - STAY HERE!! The atmosphere is great and the staff are really helpful and friendly. plenty of space to hang out by the pool or on the roof garden. Supermaekt close buy to get food and an easy walk into town/the beach. Dont forget to go on TJ's tour - the best day out ever!!!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Chillest place on earth.

• 1st Jul 2014

Waaaaaay to far away. Nice if you're with a group and don't want to party, was hard as a solo traveller to meet people and the nightlife was a 30 minute walk away. But great pool and pool table.

This hostel is just the best! A combination of great facilitys and just awesome people. Its the staff that really make the place though zack, mel, sarah, katie and rob are just phenominal. Im definitly going to make an effort to come back because ive been gone a week and already miss it!

• 19th Jun 2014

Fantastic hostel. It really feels like you're in someone's home and the staff make a real effort to learn your name. There are tons of activities, great common areas and a nice, clean pool. Breakfast was awesome - fruit, cereals, fresh coffee (and they change the coffee grounds with every pot, unlike some hostels), delicious pancakes... I honestly didn't want to leave - I loved everything about this place. The pick-up/drop off service to the bus station was an amazing extra.

Felt like I was at home. Staff incredibly friendly and helpful. So many activities on offer!

Really cool place with lovely staff - particularly the Scottish lass. Would recommend. Close to a big supermarket and a nice kebab store haha. Beds were comfy, too. Not as close to the beach as others but still good bang for buck and good vibes. They also do your washing for 3€ and even hang dried mine for me while I was beaching up a storm 😊

Great hostel with lovely staff and an excellent pancake breakfast. Good swimming pool too! Thanks for a great stay!

A nice clean place but pretty average location. 25 mins to town and 25 mins to the beach. We booked an 8 bed 'ensuite' but all the dorms are actually connected.. So it was more like a 20 person dorm. One toilet and shower for everyone. Pool was nice, breakfast delicious and air con good. Stay there if you want a quiet time and don't mind walking a bit.

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review us and we're glad you enjoyed your stay, however we have to mention that we're afraid you might have taken a long route to get to town & beach. The town centre is a 10 minute walk away and Porto Mos beach is a 15 minute stroll max! It is correct that there was one bathroom in your room however we have further bathrooms upstairs which are for all guests to use. Anyways, thanks again for your review and your visit. Safe travels.

I enjoyed my stay at the bura surfhouse a lot! The facilities are great. pool, roof terrace, very well equipped kitchen, many places to hang out and chill. Awesome breakfast - pancakes every day. Friendly and helpful stuff. Not a lot of bathrooms but I never had to wait long, so it was fine. The locations is al little bit outside of the center but it s just a view minutes walk to the beaches, center and bars... and a big supermarket is just a minute away. I would definitely recommend it!

Will go down as one of the best weeks of my trip due to the wonderfully people at bura surfhouse! TJ tours are a must and so is chilling out on the rooftop listening to rob's great music collection! Already planning my next visit. Thanks again guys!

I loved Bura. As someone who is now 33 it was refreshing being somewhere that still had a nice vibe, with great people but that was also a little more chilled than typical hostels. Bura is definitely more a home than anything else and the owners and staff make you feel so welcome and relaxed. I honesty can't say anything bad about the experience, apart from maybe they need another, or updated, bathroom downstairs for the dorm. But that's not even a necessity! It really was a great experience.

« first « Prev 1 2 3