Bura Surfhouse Reviews

Rua da Pedra Alcada, Lote 15, Lagos, Portugal

What a great crew of people at this place. This is not a hostel - reminds me of a Kiwi Bach from back home! From TJ´s PiriPiri chicken to Rob´s Sangria you will know that you will be well looked after. I was also lucky to go Paddle boarding for free too. Thanks so much guys. Take Care. Marlon.

I would rate this hostel 400% if I could. I swear this is THE best hostel I've ever stayed at; it felt less like a hostel and more like a home. The staff here are some of the most awesome people I've met in the life. TJ's trips to the west coast are amazing and I wish I could have stayed for more of them. Thank you for the phenomenal time guys! -Roadhouse

Well we LOVED IT and loved the staff. We couldn't ask for a better friendly atmosphere, and a great place to spend our time in Lagos. The kitchen facilities, the rooms, the hostel, the staff, it was all amazing. They even picked us up from the train station. They made us feel so welcome and gave us lots of suggestions, and we felt like a family. Definitely stay here you won't be disappointed. Thanks for everything Bura Surfhouse. Love two Canadians Jordyn

When i booked in January the website said that the hostel pick you up at train- or bus station. I mailed to the hostel. No answer in 14 hours. Had to take a taxi, Telephone number had changed since I booked. Couldn´t reach the hostel. When I was going to pay they tried to charge me 30 % more than the price was when I booked. Had even some trouble to get my taxi money back. Security: It´s safer to have your stuff under the bed, than in the lockers. Still Nice staff, confused and confusing

Dear Guest, we apologise for the inconvenience with regards to your pickup but you were advised in advance of your arrival that we can only offer pickups during set times and your arrival was outside of these times yet we still offered taxi reimbursement as a goodwill gesture. We're also a little confused with your comment regarding our lockers - our lockers are perfectly secure and we provide free padlocks. However, thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback.

I had an amazing time at bura! Such amazing staff and chill atmosphere.

Awesome hostel. Feels like a home more than anything else. Amazing pancakes for breakfast, chilled vibe. Awesome staff.

Wow. This is a special place. Like a big comfy home. Where to begin? The immaculate pool? The rooftop terrace with amazing sunsets? The pool and ping pong tables? The multiple decks, lounges, and hangout spots? The fully equipped kitchen? The impossibly chill and welcoming vibe? Probably the place to start is the staff. Genuine, friendly, helpful. This place is sincere, and you can feel it from the ground up. You'll likely stay longer than you intend! I did. Amazing place. Highly recommended.

• 24th Nov 2013

That's what a backpackers hostel should be like! We really enjoyed our stay. The staff and people were so friendly and helped us out with any question we had. We even got a great tip for a hiking tour at the algarve coast. Breakfast was good, showers were hot and they have a lot of facilities, though we couldn't use that much due to the cold weather. I definitely recommend this hostel!

Very friendly hostel with great staff. It is a little far out from town (10-15 minute walk) but it's manageable. The atmosphere was pretty good but I imagine it's absolutely amazing in summer. There was a deck and pool but it was a bit cold to go out there. The kitchen was good and nice common areas. Worst part was the beds which were extremely uncomfortable and I'm pretty sure they are meant for children because I didn't fit on them! Would definitely stay here in summer

Nice hostel, nice facilities, a lot of space to chill out, terrace, swimming pool, big living room, really great staff and good breakfast, clear and comfortable About atmosphere it's hard to say as we were after the season and there were little people. It's only a pity that it's not closer to the city centre. But generally I do recommend :)

The Bura Surfhouse was the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Staying off-season there were

Awesome laid back hostel.

They have a perfect accomodation. But I think it's way more better to spent your time in Bura Surfhouse during summertime. But still, very friendly staff.