Burg Hostel Reviews

Str. Bastionului 4-6, Sighisoara, Romania

Really sweet guy on reception. This was an ok stay but it wasn't particularly atmospheric or exciting. Beds were comfy, and clean but we couldn't get any hot water out of the taps. But, just a comment: being stared at by the members of staff every time you walk past isn't the best way of making your guests feel comfortable. If it wasn't for the main guy checking us in we'd probably have gone elsewhere.

Very nice atmosphere and great location in the center of beautiful Sighisoara :)

• 2nd Oct 2015

The dorm was a bit cramped but not a big problem as there were only two of us. The attached restaurant was handy and good prices. Overall a good place to stay.

Great location and a really cool little hostel with lots of character. We had a private room for 2 people with en suite and it was more like staying in a guest house than a hostel. An old building and not the most luxurious facilities but everything worked well.

If you have read the comments and book, just don't expect the lady to be nice and helpful (it is true, she is not the friendliest) and you will have a nice stay. The dorm was exeptionally clean and there were plugs and a little eading light next to every bed. We didnt see or find a common area or kitchen though, but that was stated before. If you're just looking for a cheap and clean bed right next to all the sights, definitely a recommendation.

The check-in was slightly out of the ordinary: I arrived around midnight, approximately one hour later than I announced. The person that let me in did not speak english and seemed a bit panicked. I wanted to pay in advance for the room, but he did not accept the money. Yet he wanted to take my ID card as warranty. I did not feel comfortable in giving my ID, i offered him to write the number or to make copies. After some resistance he gave me the key, but he seemed upset. I paid in the morning.

• 8th Aug 2015

Nice located hostel in a pretty place.

• 2nd Jul 2015