Burg Hostel Reviews

Str. Bastionului 4-6, Sighisoara, Romania

If you have read the comments and book, just don't expect the lady to be nice and helpful (it is true, she is not the friendliest) and you will have a nice stay. The dorm was exeptionally clean and there were plugs and a little eading light next to every bed. We didnt see or find a common area or kitchen though, but that was stated before. If you're just looking for a cheap and clean bed right next to all the sights, definitely a recommendation.

The check-in was slightly out of the ordinary: I arrived around midnight, approximately one hour later than I announced. The person that let me in did not speak english and seemed a bit panicked. I wanted to pay in advance for the room, but he did not accept the money. Yet he wanted to take my ID card as warranty. I did not feel comfortable in giving my ID, i offered him to write the number or to make copies. After some resistance he gave me the key, but he seemed upset. I paid in the morning.

• 8th Aug 2015

Nice located hostel in a pretty place.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Good location and quite clean, but staff was cold and we kept hearing loud noise all evening and night from upstairs, not cool.

Although the location is fantastic, I would not stay in this hostel again. Facilities lacking, staff rude and unhelpful, wifi weak in room. Compared to the other wonderful Romanian hostels I stayed in this one sticks out as a sore thumb. Unfortunately, not many other options since the town is so small.

Perfect location, clean and that's about it! When you arrive, they just show your room, nothing more... no opportunity to ask something. Apparently there is a common room, but couldn't find it. So as a lonely traveller you are really alone, especially when there's no one else in your room. But since this is the only hostel in the center, there is no other option...

Tv doesn't work , lights in the bathroom are out, rooms are cold, they run out of food and drinks. Spag bol is very nice. My advice: don't go, choose somewhere else and if you don't want Romanian food but spaghetti instead, nip in there..