8.4
Fabulous 97 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 97 Total Reviews
Burlington Hostel Located at 53 Main St, 2nd Floor, , Burlington.
USA
Burlington Vermont 05401 53 Main St, 2nd Floor
84% 97
44.4756201 -73.2174718
    Rooms available

14th Oct 2016
8.0

The hostel is slightly strange in that it is one big room with panels and curtains splitting it into separate "bedrooms". The security was questionable as we didn't have to show any type of ID upon entering the hostel, but perhaps its because the lady at the desk remembered us each time? Their are strict quiet hours that begin at 11 (I think) and it was mostly older folk that were staying at the hostel when I stayed the weekend. Towels and lockers were offered free of charge. Nice common room.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
8th Oct 2016
6.6

It was clean and the staff was good. Unfortunately though it was not at all what I had expected. Many people treat this as there house, aka you are essentially living in a room with homeless people. There are creepy old men who walk around in just underwear. I would not recommend to anyone as it was not a relaxing/comforting environment at all and I was constantly on edge. Also got some food stolen from the fridge, however I know this is to be expected from hostels.

• USA, Female, 31-40
2nd Oct 2016

I had a great stay but didn't sleep well on the bunk mattress.

• England, Male, 25-30
30th Sep 2016

I loved the feel of this Hostel. Quite quirky i would say, nice communal area, the staff were helpful and smiley. The rooms are only divided with curtains, which didn't bother me but i guess it is worth noting. Lockers are provided free, no padlock required. There aren't many showers/toilets, however the hostel is small so shouldn't cause too much of a problem. I would definitely stay at this hostel again.

• USA, Male, 41+
1st Sep 2016
3.7

need private rooms with doors and better noise control

• England, Female, 25-30
29th Aug 2016
5.7

I was quite disappointed with this hostel. Its pretty dirty and smelly inside, with no windows or fresh air. The rooms are 'separated' by a bit of curtain so really you are sharing a massive room with about 50-100 beds so it's noisy and lacks privacy. Unless you're in the corner of a room there aren't many plugs to charge your phone, and very little space to put your things. On the plus side, it is in a great location - just up from the stunning lake and down from Church Stree.

• prodjekt
  • USA, Male, 31-40
26th Aug 2016

Was great staff were Awsome could use more seating in the lounge and lighting was alright I give the beds a 10

19th Aug 2016

I like the breakfast of waffles and coffee, but there was no syrup for the waffles on my Saturday morning there because a needed shipment had not yet arrived. This was disappointing, but the staff rectified the situation by bringing in a bottle of it for Sunday morning. I think the lighting in the common room is inadequate for comfortable reading in the evening. One problem was a light bulb that needed to be replaced in one of the lamps, but the staff did not fix it during my stay.

• cerne90
  • USA, Female, 25-30
17th Jul 2016
7.7

I was thrilled to see a hostel in Burlington, in a really central location. The atmosphere was pretty quiet while I was there. I met a few other guests, but it wasn't as social as other hostels I've stayed in. It's weird that the "rooms" are just separated by curtains. It's kind of like one big open space with separations, and the privacy and security of separate rooms would have been nice. They do have free lockers and waffles for breakfast which was nice.

4th Jul 2016