Bus Hostel Reykjavik Reviews

Skogarhlid 10, Reykjavik, Iceland

Cool hostel. I stayed in a room for 16 people, but the room is split up so you don't feel cramped at all. The kitchen is nice and big, and the common room is cozy. Had a lovely time.

• 17th Sep 2014

I loved Bus Hostel Reykjavik. It was so clean and nice on the inside. The common area is great, with book sharing and a bar. It's not terribly close to the center of town, but that means that it's quiet at night, which is good if you have lots of activities planned for the day. Also, the free use of bikes was fantastic! You can explore so much more of the greater Reykjavik area without paying anything more. The wifi isn't free. Anyway, I'd definitely recommend Bus Hostel!

• 12th Sep 2014

Nice location, only 10-15 mim from one of the biggest attractions in the city - the cathedral and within a walking distance from the rest. Very close to the main bus station also. Generally good and clean facilities, very small kitchen that tends to get very crowded. I reccommend it for longer or shorter stays

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Bulgaria

Diego is the best ever. Soooo helpful, kind and knowledgeable. Definitely worth the stay.

Arrived at 2 am (late flight) in a storm and found the door locked and nobody answering despite ringing the bell and knocking. Extremely frustrating considering the situation. Thankfully the shuttle bus driver waited for me and took me a different hostel who called Bus Hostel and alerted the person working there. They refused to refund me the cost of the taxi ride. So if you're arriving late, have a backup plan! Breakfast is a joke and there aren't enough bathrooms.

best hostel ever

I loved the hostel, the bathroom was always clean and super comfortable, had a beautiful view from the room was that the beds were good and the staff very attentive. The place is very cozy and friendly, loved it, I recommend it to everyone.

What a great choice! All staff were amazing! Thanks Lucy and Diego (Steve)! Very clean and friendly place to stay. Rooms, beds and facilities were very comfortable. Waiting to check in, which is only around 2:00pm, I took a nap on one of the couches in the common area. Not even knowing if I belonged there, might of looked hoboish, one of the owners placed a blanket on me:) Location is a brisk 20min walk to the north end of city center. I would stay here again vs others within C center.

Really really enjoyed our stay in Bus Hotel, we met so many nice people, the interior is lovely and walking distance from city center is just perfect! Definitely a great address

• 1st Aug 2014

Hostel was clean and comfortable, with a well stocked kitchen. It's a bit of a walk into town, though quite close to the airport bus terminal. If you are coming from the airport, think about whether you purchase the airport to city bus ticket AND hotel transfer, or just the airport to city bus ticket as this hostel is in walking distance.

So thankful for you taking the time to review us and for your kind words. Welcome back! :)

Place was a bit off the beaten path, and atmosphere was a bit cold. Not sure if it was the hostel, or the people staying there when I was. I still enjoyed my time while here, I've definitely stayed in worse!

Very very nice (super comfy beds) and clean Hostel with a great atmosphere - unfortunately I underestimated the distance to the city center, which is quite a big one considering that the city itself is rather small. If you walk at normal pace (no running, no fast walking) it takes you about 30 minutes and there are no buses to take you near Laugavegur. Because of that I decided to change to a more central hostel after three nights (with a heavy heart, because the hostel itself is so nice!).

• 19th Jul 2014

A very good hostel that was almost hard to believe I got for the price I paid! Clean rooms, clean

Thank you so much for your kind words! :)

Thank you.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Perfect, beautiful social area, a bit further from the center than i thought it would be but no problem! comfy bed, clean bathrooms. thank you!

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Aww. Thank you million times!! Hugs from the Bus. :)

Very clean, big, staff is really nice and helpful. You can book day tours at the reception. There are free toasts and jam, butter in the morning from 6 - 9 a.m. The hostel is on the flybus route.

Thank you so much for your kind comments! Love from the Bus! :)

Really well equipped hostel, lovely staff and the beds are huge!

Thank you sooo much for your kind words!

A bit expensive but that's what you get for travelling to Iceland! A bit frustrating that the oven was broken and it didn't get fixed in the 3 days we were staying there.

• 1st Jul 2014

We apologize for not having been able to fix the oven until on the third day. It will not happen again. Happy travels to you! -Bus Hostel staff :)

This is probably one of the best hostels i have ever been! There are enough open and shared space for people to meet and to hang around, for example, the very spacious and comfortable living room and the big and well- equipped kitchen (+ dining area). Room and toilet are clean. People and staff are nice. Really, i am missing the days i spent in the hostel. It may take 20 mins to walk to the city center, but it's an easy pleasant walk. i highly recommend it!

Thank you so much for your kind words and for staying with us. Welcome back! We miss you to :) Love from the Bus!

Crappy location ( you have to cross a highway and there is no traffic lights ), its a 10 minute walk to the center of the city, you can get a central hostel for that price. Good option if other hostels are all booked.

It's a shame that you didn't like our location - we love it! You could both walk through a tunnel and over a bridge to cross the highway on your way downtown. Welcome back. Hugs from the Bus. :)