Bus Hostel Reykjavik Reviews

Skogarhlid 10, Reykjavik, Iceland

Very clean and well lit hostel. About 10-15 min walk to city center. Private shower and toilet for each bathroom, which was great.

Clean and quiet. Good common area. It was about a 20-minute walk from the main church, but that was okay since I'm a big walker.

This was an excellent hostel. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and it was great being able to be picked up right at the hostel for most of the tours. The place was also clean and well-maintained. I'd definitely recommend this hostel.

• 30th Sep 2014

Close to reykjavik bus station where you get off from the airport bus. Generally a nice place. I didn't stay there long enough to have experienced much - but hostel was clean and the staff were nice.

Little bit out of the centre of town, but very close to the bus station for the airport bus - which is exactly what I wanted it for. Excellent that you could book rooms on a single occupancy basis. Toilet/shower rooms very clean and roomy. Great kitchen for preparing quick meals. Great to have such a big atmospheric common room, and with a bar. Would stay again.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Cool hostel. I stayed in a room for 16 people, but the room is split up so you don't feel cramped at all. The kitchen is nice and big, and the common room is cozy. Had a lovely time.

I had a great experience staying at the Bus Hostel. The staff were very friendly and always happy to help out. It was also very modestly priced, great value. I would definitely recommend it to anyone coming to visit Reykjavik!

• 16th Sep 2014

I loved Bus Hostel Reykjavik. It was so clean and nice on the inside. The common area is great, with book sharing and a bar. It's not terribly close to the center of town, but that means that it's quiet at night, which is good if you have lots of activities planned for the day. Also, the free use of bikes was fantastic! You can explore so much more of the greater Reykjavik area without paying anything more. The wifi isn't free. Anyway, I'd definitely recommend Bus Hostel!

• 12th Sep 2014

Nice location, only 10-15 mim from one of the biggest attractions in the city - the cathedral and within a walking distance from the rest. Very close to the main bus station also. Generally good and clean facilities, very small kitchen that tends to get very crowded. I reccommend it for longer or shorter stays

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Bulgaria

Diego is the best ever. Soooo helpful, kind and knowledgeable. Definitely worth the stay.

Arrived at 2 am (late flight) in a storm and found the door locked and nobody answering despite ringing the bell and knocking. Extremely frustrating considering the situation. Thankfully the shuttle bus driver waited for me and took me a different hostel who called Bus Hostel and alerted the person working there. They refused to refund me the cost of the taxi ride. So if you're arriving late, have a backup plan! Breakfast is a joke and there aren't enough bathrooms.

best hostel ever

I loved the hostel, the bathroom was always clean and super comfortable, had a beautiful view from the room was that the beds were good and the staff very attentive. The place is very cozy and friendly, loved it, I recommend it to everyone.

What a great choice! All staff were amazing! Thanks Lucy and Diego (Steve)! Very clean and friendly place to stay. Rooms, beds and facilities were very comfortable. Waiting to check in, which is only around 2:00pm, I took a nap on one of the couches in the common area. Not even knowing if I belonged there, might of looked hoboish, one of the owners placed a blanket on me:) Location is a brisk 20min walk to the north end of city center. I would stay here again vs others within C center.

Really really enjoyed our stay in Bus Hotel, we met so many nice people, the interior is lovely and walking distance from city center is just perfect! Definitely a great address

• 1st Aug 2014

Hostel was clean and comfortable, with a well stocked kitchen. It's a bit of a walk into town, though quite close to the airport bus terminal. If you are coming from the airport, think about whether you purchase the airport to city bus ticket AND hotel transfer, or just the airport to city bus ticket as this hostel is in walking distance.

So thankful for you taking the time to review us and for your kind words. Welcome back! :)

Place was a bit off the beaten path, and atmosphere was a bit cold. Not sure if it was the hostel, or the people staying there when I was. I still enjoyed my time while here, I've definitely stayed in worse!

Very very nice (super comfy beds) and clean Hostel with a great atmosphere - unfortunately I underestimated the distance to the city center, which is quite a big one considering that the city itself is rather small. If you walk at normal pace (no running, no fast walking) it takes you about 30 minutes and there are no buses to take you near Laugavegur. Because of that I decided to change to a more central hostel after three nights (with a heavy heart, because the hostel itself is so nice!).

• 19th Jul 2014

A very good hostel that was almost hard to believe I got for the price I paid! Clean rooms, clean

Thank you so much for your kind words! :)

Thank you.