8.4
Fabulous 620 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 620 Total Reviews
Bus Hostel Reykjavik Located at Skogarhlid 10, , Reykjavik.
Iceland
Reykjavik 105 Skogarhlid 10
84% 620
64.1351479 -21.9204819
    Rooms available

14th Jul 2016
4.6

There was only a very limited number of bathrooms which were communal and catered to the entire floor of guests. The hostel itself felt dirty. I paid the same amount of money to stay here as I did to stay at hostels in Berlin, Copenhagen, and Amsterdam, all of which had better service, more lively environments, and cleaner facilities.

• Hungary, Female, 18-24
13th Jul 2016

We stayed at this hostel for one night and we picked it because of its vicinity to the main bus terminal: for a very small amount of money a shuttle bus comes to pick you up at the hostel. I really liked the hostel's design and atmosphere. The rooms opened with a card, beds were really comfortable, plenty of space in the room to put your stuff and there are big lockers. I am not sure however whether I would stay here for longer, since it is not exactly in the city center.

• USA, Female, 25-30
12th Jul 2016
4.3

When we asked the receptionist how much a room would be for our long time friend, a male, they quoted him over triple while looking at each other and laughing vs. checking a computer. We asked to see a room in any case and one receptionist stated behind my back while walking down the hallway: "I'm not sorry". We were extremely distrspected and strongly felt the staff that the had a preducide against darker skin and males. My friends were crying in the car and would not go back in the doors

• Sweden, Female, 25-30
8th Jul 2016
7.1

The atmosphere of the hostel was great, but the staff could have been friendlier. The rooms were nice and clean.

• England, Female, 41+
7th Jul 2016
4.6

Way more expensive than your average hostel, especially for a 24 person dorm. Arrived late to an annoyed front desk, despite 24 hour reception, where they charged 1000 isk extra for a blanket!! Said I should have brought my own sleeping bag. (I'm on a 16 hour layover to Canada). I refused the blanket as I'm only there 5 hours, but then froze as there was no heat. No breakfast, charged £4 for a cold bagel and filter coffee. Left luggage in an open room, where anyone could take it.

• England, Male, 18-24
7th Jul 2016
7.1

Problem with our booking - booked to stay in the same room but ended up being split up. No prior warning this was the case, only found out on arrival. Only after further complaint was any solution offered. Charges for towels and bedding seem excessive. But a nice hostel with a lovely bar area. Rooms are nice and clean as were shower toilet facilities.

• Macedonia, Female, 25-30
5th Jul 2016
6.0

The location of the place is probably the thing that I didn't like the most. It's quite out from the city and even though it's only 15-20 min walk from the church it is still Inconvenient. Other than that the rooms were cleaned and the common space is nice and big. The staff was also not too helpful as none of the ones I met working there was actually local and could give me good advice. please also remember that u have to pay extra for the blankets, not included in the price.

• England, Female, 31-40
5th Jul 2016

Really loved this place, am glad that I have booked my return stay here, staff are really helpful, rooms and showers are really nice and they have a luggage storage room which is handy. It's really easy to get to, I did the Flybus from the international airport then changed at the BSI, you could walk from there as it would take about 15 mins but I had a heavy bag. You are only about 20 mins walk from the centre :D

• Canada, Male, 18-24
3rd Jul 2016

Ended up arriving a day early, luckily they had room for us. 24 hour reception and checkin. Felt safe and secure, main luggage room was kept locked and only reception had keys, stored big bags in there and kept smaller and valuable stuff with us. Lockers were available, never used as it felt pretty safe. Staff was helpful and kind. Airport shuttle available and most big tours can be booked through reception. Walkable to city centre and all shops/restaurants. Would definitely stay here again.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
2nd Jul 2016

Great hostel, cheaper because it's not right downtown, but you can get the downtown easily in about 20 minutes walking. Staff were very helpful and all the other guests were very nice. Rooms were all clean and it was nice having a bar at the hostel for when we didn't want to go out but wanted a drink at the end if the night.