Bus Hostel Reykjavik Reviews

Skogarhlid 10, Reykjavik, Iceland

Really fab hostel, the atmosphere is top, the staff are lovely, friendly & helpful (like everyone in Iceland!). We stayed in the 24 bed dorm and had no problems with sleep - didn't even need to use the lockers, it felt very safe. Comfy beds, and although you have to pay extra for bedding you don't necessarily even need it because it's so warm. Cheap bar and very sociable common areas, clean bathrooms & good showers, well equipped kitchen. It's a wee bit out of town but it's an easy 10-15 minute

Had an up and down stay at this hostel! The facilities are very good with nice showers and comfortable beds. Great atmosphere while I was there. Unfortunately I had my bed cleaned out by the cleaner when I was out sightseeing And came back to find someone else on my bed As well a half of my clothes missing, which included Expensive winter clothes. The next night my bag was Removed from my dorm staff without telling me And then found out I had to change dorms at 1am. Unacceptable!!

• 30th Jan 2016

Lovely place, clean and friendly environment

The sheets should definitely be included in the price! That a big downside! And that's the only bad thing I can say about he hostel. The one single thing makes my overall rating fall quite dramatically

Pretty good hostel. Nice staff, and good facilities. Don't stay in the 24 person dorm if you expect to sleep. And bedding and a towel was 15,000 KR which I thought was kind of steep. Also quite common in Iceland though.

The location is 15-20 minutes away on foot from downtown. The clean and strong bed was good but you have to borrow the blanket in 1000 ISK. The locker is also borrowed with 1000 ISK deposit. The bathroom is good, large and clean but not there are only two bathrooms per gender on every floor. It was not enough for many guests. You need to bring your laptop if you want to use the computer.

• 19th Jan 2016
  • South Korea

A great hostel, the only downside is they make you pay for a blanket if you want one, you are left with nothing if you don't want to pay.

Nice hostel. Real hipster feel in the common area. Met some cool people and it's a good place to socialise. Kitchen is well equipped too. The room I was in didn't have a locker but my friends did. Enjoyed my stay.

So cosy! Everything here was amazing and I felt very at home. Only complaints: kitchen didn't have bowls and my pillow was very flattened (I traded it though). Bathrooms are excellent, common room is very comfortable and well decorated. Ambiance is great and it seemed like a good place to meet people. Staff are very helpful and knowledgable. Also the lockers don't require a lock, you pay a deposit for the key and they are quite roomy. Pretty close to the bus terminal and 15-20 min to downtown.

Great and cheap place to stay. Was able to meet a lot of fun people in the common area and organize trips together on a whim. Highly recommended!

• 11th Jan 2016

Lovely place: incredibly clean and some of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on. Nice kitchens and bathrooms. Big beds. A wall socket by every mattress and all the other small things have been taken care of. Literally the only change I could recommend would be privacy curtains around the beds. Absolutely one of the nicest dorms I have ever stayed in.

• 10th Jan 2016

excellent value for money: big rooms, well equipped kitchen, the bathrooms are cleaned regularly.the bar downstairs has the cheapest beer in iceland during the happy hour! the only downside is the location: it takes 20-30 minutes to walk to the main street, and the roads outside the city center can be sloppy, especially after a snowstorm, and that's extremely common in the winter. overall, this hostel offers the best value for money in reykjavik

Great place, a bit further away if you're just walking but nothing too bad. It was great for new year's eve because of proximity to the hill where the Perlan is. Great bathrooms, fantastic staff. Would recommend.

Best hostel ever!!

excellent !

I put my blanket and magazines on my bed when I stayed there. On December 26, after sightseeing Reykjavik, my blanket and magazines were disappeared because staff cleaned my bed and trashed them when I went to outside. I asked something to receptionist but she didn't know and didn't move from her chair. They didn't describe anything. I made reservation 4 days (12/25 to 12/29) It happened in the morning onDecember 26. Why they aren't check our schedule?? I wanna ask to staff.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Japan

Considering prices in Iceland, this hostel is a great choice. Good beds (although missing bed light), have to pay extra for duvet if you don't have a sleeping bag (quite standard in Iceland), rooms are warm, showers clean with plenty of hot water and the SAD car office in the same building turns out to be extremely handy if you plan to rent a car. A bit of a down point is the location as the hostel is 10/15 mins walk from the centre and the kitchen needing refurbishment and new pots and pans.

Very nice hostel with some of the friendliest staff out there. The common area is charming and a great opportunity to meet other travelers. Don't forget to grab a muffin from the front desk because they are hot fire and mega delicious! Sleeping with 21 other people is the only downfall!

The hostel was clean and looked nice from the outside and common areas. However, the biggest annoyance is that the down rooms don't have blankets and you are forced to pay extra for one. In country as cold as Iceland is, this is ridiculous and shows a lack of commitment from the staff. The staff are also very closed off and did not seem welcoming at all. There is also only four showers between about 30 beds on the basement level so expect long waits.

Pretty good hostel. Not for partiers (which was nice). Easy environment to get to know people in. A little bit of a hike to get to town. It would have been fine in the summer; not so great in december... They have lockers. Expensive but decent breakfast. Bring a sleeping bag to avoid paying for blackets.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4