Fabulous 548 Total Reviews
Fabulous 548 Total Reviews
Bus Hostel Reykjavik Located at Skogarhlid 10, , Reykjavik.
Iceland
Reykjavik 105 Skogarhlid 10
86% 548
64.1351479 -21.9204819
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
18th May 2016
6.9

Bus hostel had a great night time staff! The staff in the morning was very hesitant to help us with bus times however. We experienced a crazy night in our hostel with travellers drinking! Would recommend a private room.

• USA, Female, 18-24
15th May 2016

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! Very clean, people were friendly, and it was very affordable for Reykjavik. The only thing is that it is a little out of the way from the city center, but I enjoyed walking into town, and it was also close to a really nice park filled with trees and hiking trails. It was quiet so that I could sleep at night, which wasn't exactly the case at my friends' hostels downtown, so I'm very happy with my choice. I would highly recommend it!

15th May 2016

This hostel has a great atmosphere, a good common area with lots of character for hanging out in, a bar, onsite car rental services as well as help with other booking services, is very clean and has a well-stocked kitchen. The rooms and beds are basic but each bed has an outlet, which is awesome. The only con is that for the amount of people who were on my floor, there were not enough bathrooms, especially because they were also the bathrooms for the common area, but that's a minor complaint.

13th May 2016

Great hostel for the money. We were nervous it was going to be too far away from the center of town but it is really not that far and a very easy walk. I would definitely recommend!

7.4

The woman at the front desk when we arrived for check in was not very friendly or particularly helpful. She was pretty short with us and didn't seem to want to help accommodate us while there. I was in a dorm room with 24 beds and it was a great room, but the door would not always latch when you came and went, so that made me wary about security. It's like the bolt locked itself before the door actually shut. Also, a totally wasted dude pissed on the foot of my bed while I was sleeping!

• Canada, Male, 25-30
13th May 2016

I Really enjoyed my stay. The atmosphere was amazing always something happening at night and the staff was great on helping us find out where to go .

12th May 2016
7.4

I simply stayed here to sleep for one night during a long layover, explore the city in the morning and then leave. For that, this hostel was fine. Pros: - Comfy main room, relaxing w/ bar - Large beds, room to stretch out! - Clean bathrooms. - Relaxed with letting guests put luggage in luggage room, even after checked out. - Very close to main bus station Cons: - Staff were often not at the front desk - Not a lot of showers - Blankets cost extra!? I used my jacket as a blanket.

11th May 2016
7.4

This hostel is actually a group of several buildings on the same street but not actually very close to each other. As such it lacks some of the community feeling that you get from a normal hostel where everyone is sharing the same common spaces. Maybe this is different during the busy season and all the rooms are full, but I didn't actually see anyone else staying in the hostel except for my one roommate. I actually walked in to KEX Hostel to meet people for the evening.

• Canada, Male, 41+
11th May 2016

i enjoyed my stay here. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Location is good; within walking distance to the Flybus terminal and most of downtown was in walking distance. Clean and well maintained.

10th May 2016

Enjoyed my stay. Breakfast was simple and not included, but the coffee was excellent so they won me over. The staff were generally helpful. I'm not so keen on the fees for bed blankets, nor do I love the location--it's a good 25 min walk to get into town. You can also walk from / to the bus station that takes you back to the airport. Good value, though, and no issues with cleanliness. Nice to have the SADcars rental place on site (use it--all the other options are 2x-3x the cost).