Fabulous 787 Total Reviews
Fabulous 787 Total Reviews
Bus Hostel Reykjavik Located at Skogarhlid 10, , Reykjavik.
Iceland
Reykjavik 105 Skogarhlid 10
83% 787
64.1351479 -21.9204819
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 31-40
27th Nov 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Bus Hostel. I stayed in the 24 bed room. The door to this room is a bit loud (it slams and shakes when it's closed and if it's left open a crack then the wind howls through it) but I am a good sleeper so was able to live with that. However, if you are the type who can't easily fall back asleep after waking up, I'd suggest one of the smaller bed rooms. The lobby was decorated in a fun vintage way and I loved the bar! WC's were amazingly clean.

• England, Female, 31-40
25th Nov 2016

Cleaner than my own house. Lounge looked amazing but didn't have time to hang out there. Nice stroll into town if you like walking. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Special thanks to a member of staff who's name I don't know but who came looking for me 3 AM as my bus to the airport was waiting for me and I as well could have missed it. Thank you!! You're a star :-D I didn't miss my flight although I'd stay there another few days happily!!

• England, Female, 25-30
18th Nov 2016

I would definitely recommend this place - it's only let down by a few staff unfortunately - there was one guy on in the evenings specifically who was simply rude for no reason. However everyone else was ok, and a few were lovely - they're the reason I'd recommend it again! Location was fab, and there was loads of parking. Wifi was ok, not the best, and breakfast was awesome for the price!

• USA, Female, 31-40
9th Nov 2016

Our stay here was wonderful, the staff were friendly and helpful! The location was great very close to town, very safe as well

• Hong Kong, Male, 18-24
8th Nov 2016
6.6

Better than none

7th Nov 2016

It's a great hostel! The staff is friendly, I loved the bar, and the bathrooms are superbly clean. The only downside is the location. You can walk to town, but it's a 15 minute walk along a busy road with no sidewalk, through a parking lot, and through some muddy patches. At night, there were no other people around on the walk, but I generally felt safe in Iceland. If I return, I would consider staying here again, but I may look for something closer to the center of town.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
6th Nov 2016
5.4

The staff are so rude and unhelpful. If you ask them a question about anything they tell you to go look it up yourself. The staff have zero customer service skills. They will happily leave a line of customers at reception while they go out and smoke. I spend 30 minutes waiting in a queu to rent a car for them to tell me that the cars are prebooked. I couldn't get why they didn't announce that to all of us before they left so many people waiting. The hostel is also noisy a too far from the city.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
31st Oct 2016

Clean bright and secure. Exactly as it appeared on the website and a great location for the bus station.

21st Oct 2016
6.3

You go there only to sleep staff not really helpful building look more like furniture store feel uncomfortable to be there dorm do not have lockers or far from your bed so let stuff near now missing some of it. But anyway got thing is like this around Iceland really expensive and low quality service.

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
19th Oct 2016

Amazing bathroom, the location is a bit far though. And bedsheets and blankets need to be paid separately