Busan Kyungsung Hostel & Cafe Reviews

58-35 Daeyeon 3-dong, Nam-gu, Busan, South Korea

It was wonderful staying there. We cooked our own meals every night in the very nice kitchen. The staff is very helpful and the location is in the middle of where it all happens. I would totally come back here, if I go to Busan again.

• 18th Sep 2014

The nicest staff,very cozy hang out area and good kitchen equipment.also comfortable beds and all this for a fair price.

• 18th Sep 2014

Good locations and helpful staff

• 16th Sep 2014

I originally booked 3 nights here but ended up staying for 7 nights because the place is so great. They have everything you need; you get a free toast with butter and jam, as well as a towel. There is washing powder for the washing machine and the showers always have plenty of hot water. Both staff and the other guests here are great and the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice clean affordable accommodation in Busan.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Norway

It was great place to stay with reasonable prices. And also staff was really smiling person and helpful. Thanks..

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Friendly english speaking staffs.. Couldn't expect more than what I've paid. Generally a pleasant stay!

This place was SUPER DUPER UPER clean! The facilities were great, the beds were so comfortable! The only thing was you can't drink in the hostel so there is no partying with other people if you plan to have a night inside. Otherwise, the location is great, close to bars and great restaurants!

This hotel was one of the worst places I have ever stayed. I just went there for one night but the place smells awful. I couldn't stay there more than 6 hours. Rooms are all shared nobody closes the door the safety is not guaranteed. And the breakfast that they are talking about is just bread on the fridge and one jam that they give with the towel. And one more thing bed was so uncomfortable and I could feel springs.

I stay here nearly every time I go to Busan, which is maybe once a month. It is an apartment-style dorm. Security is great, with lockers and a keypad entry. Staff are helpful, and the Friday night cafe parties are a big draw for locals and expats alike. Rooms are clean and it is a great value all-around. Can't go wrong here.

location is about 5 minutes from the subway station. many bars and restaurants in the area. i stayed in an apartment suite with 2 shared bathrooms, which was regularly cleaned and well-maintained. the bathrooms are toilet and shower combined, so there can be a bit of a wait. you have to put a 10,000 won key deposit if you want to use a locker. some of the staff was very welcoming and others were not; i think it's because they are also guests but working part-time. overall a good stay.

Extremely helpful staff. they helped me sort out a lot of things.

The staff is really nice, they help us when we had to cancel our trip to jeju and had nowhere to sleep, thank you very much again !!!! :)

• 1st Aug 2014

I felt in Kyungsung hostel as at home ♥ staff is warm, living place is comfortable and reminded me not a hostel but a flat with good friends. Strongly recommend!~ If I have a chance, I will go there again~

The neighboorhood is lively but really dirty and noisy. It smells really bad. The hostel is divided by the room on one side and the cafe on the other side. So you never really know where to find people to meet. The instruction to get there are quite awful, but if you manage to find it, you could sleep quite okay as long as there is no big snorer.

really nice place! People really took care not to be too noisy and everything was clean and nice. Maybe just too few bathrooms...

I had some problems finding this hostel (or rather the place where you check-in). It is in the middle of university area with many shops, clubs etc and a thousand different banners, neons etc. However, I admit I didn't read the directions they made :-P The price is great. Location is good - close to the Gwangali Beach. Rooms is small but I have already seen smaller in Korea ;-) For that price it's more than good.

Nice location and staffs are very friendly. Its close to restaurant and other entertainments since its near kyungsung university

I stayed 2 nights at the hostel. The hostel is ok for the money, but I slept very bad in both of the nights. It's in the middle of a bar area, so you'll have many hostelmates which go out to the drunk and are very loud during the night. That's ok on weekends, but during the week, when you'd like to get up early, it isn't. Also, I heard screaming drunk people from outside of the building and closing the windows didn't help at all. Didn't like the hostel very much...

The hostel itself is good and the staff was very friendly. However there were not enough bathrooms compared to the number of beds, I think. And because the toilets were in the bathrooms it was inconvenient and I sometimes had to wait for quite long.

Nice atmosphere with kitchen, internet-use, and minimal hangout area in the actual hostel. Friendly staff, although you probably shouldn't book as late as I did (in the afternoon a few hours before I arrived) and then come at dinner time when they're trying to enjoy their supper. Although they only had two bathrooms, I didn't have any problems having to wait a long time to use one.