Busan Kyungsung Hostel & Cafe Reviews

58-35 Daeyeon 3-dong, Nam-gu, Busan, South Korea

Excellent choice to stay in Busan and one of the best value for money Hostel I ever stayed in. Apart from the checkin "Lzonecafe" that take a bit of time to find , this is an excellent place to stay , cleanliness is very good and people are very friendly, only 2-3 minutes walk from the Subway and if you like to party , there are clubs around.

The staff was beyond fantastic. Mike was so helpful and never complained, even when he had to wake up to help me. The other guests were quiet and respected the rules. It was overall a lovely experience.

• 11th Apr 2015

pretty clean, really good location so many restaurants, clubs and shops around. Next to the subway. Nice people and staff. I recomend it.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Spain

The direction leads to a normal apartment block, but you need to walk past it to the L Zone café. Free simple continental breakfast and towels. Beds are comfortable and facilities clean. Only one bathroom outside one of the dorm rooms makes it difficult for people staying in other rooms to access it in the morning and night.

This was my first time staying in a Busan hostel that was not located near Haeundae and it honestly surpassed all of my expectations. The owner, Mike, and his staff are extremely helpful and kind. He gave us all our own (6 person) room even though we paid and ordered for an 8-person mixed... great upgrade! The location is perfect and the place is really clean. The only mark I am giving against it is that there needs to be toilet paper refills in the bathrooms. Otherwise, A-rated hostel here!

You get what you pay for - rock bottom cheap, so adjust your expectations. Decently clean overall, except for the one common bathroom, which was quite grimy in the tub and sink. Mattress was so thin I could feel the support structure beneath, no personal power plugs and rather thin duvet. Big common area with sofa, tv and computer with good wifi; free flow bread with a 'care package' that consists of towels, coffee, jam and butter. Friendly staff (Irwin) but located couple of blocks away

Very helpful and friendly staff. Nice dormitory and great place to meet other travellers. Had a very pleasant stay there.

One if the greatest hostel I have been. The host would provide everything you need and try his best to answer your questions about Busan. And in here, people can really meet new friends from all around the world. I am so glad that I chose to stay in here. And one more thing, I have forgot my camera there until the day after I have already back to my country but it was still at its place! So no need to worry about the security problem. Thanks again Mike for helping me a lot!

The hostel was clean and well managed and the hot water and water pressure were awesome! Being able to relax in their cafe when not out sightseeing was a plus.

• 18th Mar 2015

The dorm is excellent value and in a great location, the staff are friendly and the subway station is only 3 minutes away. For the money I paid, i could not expect anything more.

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Jack95

Don't usually write reviews but loved this hostel so much - everything I could ask for as a solo traveler, and more! This (and Lzone) is a great place for meeting people but also good for a low key stay in an amazing city. The owner is very sweet and works hard to accommodate your every need and went out of his way many times to help me with any troubles I encountered. Cheapest price in Busan and you get back great location, great staff, great experience. Would not hesitate to stay here again!

• 20th Feb 2015

I've been to this hostel three times and I love it. Great location, friendly and helpful staff, great price, and I like the cafe. You get a variety of people staying at the hostel and it's a great place to meet people and make friends. I stayed here on my birthday and had an amazing time! :D Thanks Mike~ ;3

Mike and his staff are excellent. The rooms are clean and spacious. There is a kitchen and free coffee! There is also a washing machine free wifi and easy access to the subway make this spot ideal for all your Busan needs

Best value for money, super helpful staff and good location. Even helped find more accommodation for a double a booking. Super fast internet.

Had a wonderful stay here while visiting Busan for two nights. Great value for money and highly recommended! And the welcome package was just the cherry on top. Will happily stay again when visiting Busan :)

Great spacious hostel

• 28th Dec 2014

One of the best hostel experiences I have had while visiting Busan. We stayed for 5 days and this was our second time booking with this hostel. Great amenities, fantastic staff, and a good location in the midst of Busan. The staff is very friendly and always helpful. I accidentally left a bag in our room and they mailed it to us the next day.... Fantastic service (better than some hotels I have stayed). HostelWorld does not have a rating past "Excellent" but if they did. It would be 20x higher.

• 23rd Dec 2014

The staff are kind but are not regularly seen as they occupy a cafe on a nearby street. The bathroom is permanently wet as it is cleaned with a hose every morning. Good value for money I suppose as it's very cheap. Signs everywhere saying "if you do X you will be fined US$100 and kicked out". They also pay visitors US$10 for review scores over 85% which is hella dodgy. I had an ok time there but would not choose this hostel again, even though it has a good location (near a metro station).

Where u sleep is in a different building than the checkin building. Its kinda cozy, like an apartment. Free toast all day. Heated floors clean, has wifi. The staff was really nice and helped me on getting medical treatment when i got sick.

Love this hostel, great location where everything is conveniently placed near the subway, shops, restaurants, etc,; cheerful and friendly staff who gave my four people group a 4 bed room even though we reserved spots in the 8 bed room (which is even better being placed in our private 4 room), provides free complimentary, nice cafe (Lzone), and guests responsible to clean up after themselves (dishes). No alcohol allowed in the hostel, which wasn't inconvenient but people there were respectful. ^^