Busan Kyungsung Hostel & Cafe Reviews

58-35 Daeyeon 3-dong, Nam-gu, Busan, South Korea

Don't usually write reviews but loved this hostel so much - everything I could ask for as a solo traveler, and more! This (and Lzone) is a great place for meeting people but also good for a low key stay in an amazing city. The owner is very sweet and works hard to accommodate your every need and went out of his way many times to help me with any troubles I encountered. Cheapest price in Busan and you get back great location, great staff, great experience. Would not hesitate to stay here again!

• 20th Feb 2015

I've been to this hostel three times and I love it. Great location, friendly and helpful staff, great price, and I like the cafe. You get a variety of people staying at the hostel and it's a great place to meet people and make friends. I stayed here on my birthday and had an amazing time! :D Thanks Mike~ ;3

Mike and his staff are excellent. The rooms are clean and spacious. There is a kitchen and free coffee! There is also a washing machine free wifi and easy access to the subway make this spot ideal for all your Busan needs

• 11th Feb 2015

Best value for money, super helpful staff and good location. Even helped find more accommodation for a double a booking. Super fast internet.

Had a wonderful stay here while visiting Busan for two nights. Great value for money and highly recommended! And the welcome package was just the cherry on top. Will happily stay again when visiting Busan :)

Great spacious hostel

• 28th Dec 2014

One of the best hostel experiences I have had while visiting Busan. We stayed for 5 days and this was our second time booking with this hostel. Great amenities, fantastic staff, and a good location in the midst of Busan. The staff is very friendly and always helpful. I accidentally left a bag in our room and they mailed it to us the next day.... Fantastic service (better than some hotels I have stayed). HostelWorld does not have a rating past "Excellent" but if they did. It would be 20x higher.

• 23rd Dec 2014

The staff are kind but are not regularly seen as they occupy a cafe on a nearby street. The bathroom is permanently wet as it is cleaned with a hose every morning. Good value for money I suppose as it's very cheap. Signs everywhere saying "if you do X you will be fined US$100 and kicked out". They also pay visitors US$10 for review scores over 85% which is hella dodgy. I had an ok time there but would not choose this hostel again, even though it has a good location (near a metro station).

Where u sleep is in a different building than the checkin building. Its kinda cozy, like an apartment. Free toast all day. Heated floors clean, has wifi. The staff was really nice and helped me on getting medical treatment when i got sick.

Love this hostel, great location where everything is conveniently placed near the subway, shops, restaurants, etc,; cheerful and friendly staff who gave my four people group a 4 bed room even though we reserved spots in the 8 bed room (which is even better being placed in our private 4 room), provides free complimentary, nice cafe (Lzone), and guests responsible to clean up after themselves (dishes). No alcohol allowed in the hostel, which wasn't inconvenient but people there were respectful. ^^

good stay, bathroom floor was wet sometimes. nice tv nice computer

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

I had a really excellent time at this hostel. For this price, you get a good location, clean rooms, free (and delicious) tea and breakfast, a cute little care package, and, best of all, truly wonderful staff. It's also really close to the subway, so it's easy to get around no matter where you want to go. I'd definitely recommend it, and would love to stay there again the next time I'm in Busan!

The Hostel was pretty straight forward. What you'd expect for the price. The sleeping area was a short walk from the cafe, which I don't know beforehand, but t was ok because the owner was zoo friendly and accommodating. The cafe felt like a home away from home. The atmosphere was so comfortable I felt like I was chillen at a friends house playing pool and watching the history channel. Will definitely come back next time I come through Busan kyungsung area.

• 1st Nov 2014

Everything was great! Only the blankets should be washed more often (weird smell)

• 27th Oct 2014

Great place to stay! Rooms are clean (someone comes in every morning to clean the place) and spacious. Lockers are also available so that's good. Breakfast, towels and drinkable water are included during your stay. The hostel is about 5-10 minutes to the Kyungsung & Pykuong Station. You can also find many restaurants, bars and shops around the area.

Thanks for a great stay guys!

All staffs were so kind and helpful, thank you very much.

So the location is like nowhere near any attractions except for one bridge and most of the guests arent your typical backpackers, seems like its like a regular crowd. Woildnt recommend.

As soon as I arrived I was offered a cup of water and taken care of. It's a polyvalent hostel that doubles up as a bar and as a language caffe for local students. Nearby is a campus, it's therefore very living and packed with places to have fun. The staff was very friendly -especially the guy who cleaned the place in the morning, really kind- and helpful. In the fully equipped kitchen you get free breakfast at any time fo the day or night, and directions for the main attractions in the area.

Awesome hostel! Mike and Alvin are awesome staff members, Mike even helped me by translating with a camera repair man for me while I was in Busan. They are very friendly and will help you with anything you need in Busan. Nice, quiet hostel with lots of people to go to baseball games and to go drinking with. Definitely stay here.