Busan Kyungsung Hostel & Cafe Reviews

58-35 Daeyeon 3-dong, Nam-gu, Busan, South Korea

Overall a great experience. the place is good and inexpensive and it has an annexed language cafe 3-minute walk away where I got to meet people from different parts of the world and experience a nice cultural exchange which I didnt expect. Coming back if I get chance.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

I didn't had very high expectations when I came there, simply because it was so cheap, but damn, was I wrong. It's super clean, the staff is awesome and the Friday Parties are seriously the best, in my opinion! You can drink as much as you want for such a little amount of money, that blew me away XD It's also really easy to make friends and explore the surroundings, because it is so close to the beach or to the mountains

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Eric1819

The location was absolutely great and the staff was awesome, really funny, and they even invited me to join their hiking-trip, which was exhausting, but enjoyable as well! But what I loved the most was that everything was very clean and organized, even though I slept in an 8-bedroom. Just for staying a few days, this was definitely the best I tried 'till now :)

First the Taiwanese employee spoke very fast when providing us with the front code door and when we asked her to tell us the code again she very rudely pointed to the board next to the little hallway where the shoes are kept. To avoid miscommunication with other fellow travelers I recommend she work out her cross cultural communication skills Also my ID pic was taken with a smart phone which I really disliked . Also the heater was turn off at night and the blankets were really thin.

This guesthouse is cheap and I think that is the reason of the quality. The guesthouse is linked with the bar and for me the atmosphere breath the fency of money and there is no really relationship between the owner and the guest. It s enough for one night if you want to make some savings without staying a long time in Busan.

The staff was friendly and helped me find the hostel. They walked me to my room and explained the procedure. Its a 4 bedroom, 6 or more bunks in each bedroom, shared common areas hostel. It was a bit outdated, and needed a bit up shining up in the bathrooms, but nothing was gross or unlivable.

• 30th Dec 2013

Everything about this hostel was good. The location, the price and the facilities. Would recommend this hostel to everyone.

It would be so helpful just to add some basic directions instead of just the map, just mentioning what building the hostel is above would be VERY EASY

the location of hostel is good, close to the subway. however, for 8bed mix dorm, there's 2800w higher than its sister hostel-Busan Lzone hostel, which i hardly can see the difference. and the so called basic breakfast, only toast, no coffee nor tea. very disappoint and think it's tricky.

It is a small but nice apartment with 3 dorm rooms and 1 private room. The kitchen and living room were very nice and everyone was very open. Some of us didn't have the best night in the dorm room, but that's not the hostel's fault. The 2 bathrooms were not really clean and totally wet. It would be better if there was a separate toilet. We missed electricity plugs in the bedrooms.

Awesome place for socialising and meeting new people. Location was perfect. Awesome hostel, literally has everything you could want. Would come back again and again! Highly recommend.

• 10th Nov 2013
  • Turkey

The only real problems that I found with the hotel are the size of the room and lack of a reading chair. The problems that most Westerners would feel is the absence of Western breakfast food (except for toast ) the great location, right in the middle of downtown and good value of money

Friendly place but unlocked - anyone can walk in. No kitchen available for guests. We booked 8-bed dorm but got beds in a huge room for maybe 20 people? This became a problem on a Saturday night when a bunch of loud people were spending the night in the dorm. However, the staff was helpful and willing to organize events, the bathroom amenities were great and the downstairs cafe felt cosy. A good start for a new hostel.

: very friendly owners, location, free breakfast. -: too much staff in cafe doing nothing, no staff at common room so there is really a lot of noise during the night (people drinking), there were 2 plates and 3 cofffecups available for 25 guests. We didn't enjoy our stay very much...