Busan Kyungsung Hostel & Cafe Reviews

58-35 Daeyeon 3-dong, Nam-gu, Busan, South Korea

A separate toilet (without a shower) would be great as often it is impossible to go to the toilet in the morning or in the evening when you really need to because the bathrooms are occupied by people taking a shower.

Hostel is nice and cozy, people there were nice too. It has everything I needed, will definitely stay again.

• 14th May 2015
  • Singapore

The guy that welcomed us was super nice. Waited for us to arrive late. I gotta say service in Korea is top notch.

Place to party on friday, learn to speak korean at 8pm and good location to explore. Nice friendly place and no problem in getting food.

The staff were super friendly, manager speaks very good English and is extremely helpful! The atmosphere is great, the hostel is quite small which makes it very cosy. I met loads of nice people here - living room and common kitchen is great! Free toast all day was a massive plus as well.

This was a nice place to stay. Convenient location and easy to find. It's in a busy area and could potentially get very noisy, but we didn't have this problem. What was outstanding was the help from the staff. They made calls for us and booked our last minute plans. Very friendly and helpful. Would def recommend staying here.

Hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed in! the staff were super friendly and extremely helpful, dorms really clean and facilities in perfect order. Even the people staying in the hostel were lovely too :) In regards to the location it is in the club so good for eating and drinking but still only a 20 walk/train ride to the beaches.

great value for money. located very close to the metro station and right in the middle of Busan's vivid nightlife district. remember to check-in at the LZONE cafe that is just around the corner from the hostel itself, as the staff is busy managing the cafe and comes rarely to the hostel. facilities are reasonably clean and in a good condition. only two toilets/bathrooms, might get busy in the mornings. they offer a 10$ refund for a >95% review, which is kinda shady, keep that in mind.

Excellent choice to stay in Busan and one of the best value for money Hostel I ever stayed in. Apart from the checkin "Lzonecafe" that take a bit of time to find , this is an excellent place to stay , cleanliness is very good and people are very friendly, only 2-3 minutes walk from the Subway and if you like to party , there are clubs around.

The staff was beyond fantastic. Mike was so helpful and never complained, even when he had to wake up to help me. The other guests were quiet and respected the rules. It was overall a lovely experience.

• 11th Apr 2015

Just book it! This hostel has been one of the best ones I've stayed at! The staff is so friendly, Mike and Alvin does everything for you to feel welcome and enjoy your stay in Busan. And they'll help you with everything (one guys credit card didn't work since he didn't have a bank account in Korea and Mike offered him to use his). It's perfect either for those who travel by them selfs or in a group. Just book it now! I wish all of my hostels were like this. I'll definitely come back here! /Emma

pretty clean, really good location so many restaurants, clubs and shops around. Next to the subway. Nice people and staff. I recomend it.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Spain

The direction leads to a normal apartment block, but you need to walk past it to the L Zone café. Free simple continental breakfast and towels. Beds are comfortable and facilities clean. Only one bathroom outside one of the dorm rooms makes it difficult for people staying in other rooms to access it in the morning and night.

This was my first time staying in a Busan hostel that was not located near Haeundae and it honestly surpassed all of my expectations. The owner, Mike, and his staff are extremely helpful and kind. He gave us all our own (6 person) room even though we paid and ordered for an 8-person mixed... great upgrade! The location is perfect and the place is really clean. The only mark I am giving against it is that there needs to be toilet paper refills in the bathrooms. Otherwise, A-rated hostel here!

You get what you pay for - rock bottom cheap, so adjust your expectations. Decently clean overall, except for the one common bathroom, which was quite grimy in the tub and sink. Mattress was so thin I could feel the support structure beneath, no personal power plugs and rather thin duvet. Big common area with sofa, tv and computer with good wifi; free flow bread with a 'care package' that consists of towels, coffee, jam and butter. Friendly staff (Irwin) but located couple of blocks away

Very helpful and friendly staff. Nice dormitory and great place to meet other travellers. Had a very pleasant stay there.

One if the greatest hostel I have been. The host would provide everything you need and try his best to answer your questions about Busan. And in here, people can really meet new friends from all around the world. I am so glad that I chose to stay in here. And one more thing, I have forgot my camera there until the day after I have already back to my country but it was still at its place! So no need to worry about the security problem. Thanks again Mike for helping me a lot!

The hostel was clean and well managed and the hot water and water pressure were awesome! Being able to relax in their cafe when not out sightseeing was a plus.

• 18th Mar 2015

The dorm is excellent value and in a great location, the staff are friendly and the subway station is only 3 minutes away. For the money I paid, i could not expect anything more.

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Jack95

Don't usually write reviews but loved this hostel so much - everything I could ask for as a solo traveler, and more! This (and Lzone) is a great place for meeting people but also good for a low key stay in an amazing city. The owner is very sweet and works hard to accommodate your every need and went out of his way many times to help me with any troubles I encountered. Cheapest price in Busan and you get back great location, great staff, great experience. Would not hesitate to stay here again!

• 20th Feb 2015