Busan Kyungsung Hostel & Cafe Reviews

58-35 Daeyeon 3-dong, Nam-gu, Busan, South Korea

The owner of the hostel also owns a cafe, which offers free luggage storage and language learning session on weekday evenings. There are volunteers from both foreign countries and local universities helping to facilitate the learning session so it is actually very fun and interactive. Besides, simple bread and coffee are provided as breakfast. Do take note that they have only 2 restrooms so in the morning it is normal to queue up to use it.

located in a cool part of busan. Mike the manager is extremely friendly and does everything he can to make you feel welcome and tries, get you involved in a bit of korean culture. did have a bit of trouble finding the hostel though

Fabulous Hostel! Clean, well-maintained. Dorms are small and cramped and you have to pay for lockers but the location is right in the bar/student nightlife area of Busan and it is 3 min walk to the metro. Condiments for toast and unlimited bread are provided and a towel. The real star of the operation is Mike. He is really friendly and helpful. He goes out of his way to improve your stay and helps you make friends at the adjacent language exchange cafe.Many tnx for helping me with everything!

very low cost great for partying! downtown college area because of this, though, it can be a bit noisy at night. not too bad usually though. not enough bathrooms. just two for ~25 beds staff is great, lots of opportunity to meet new people

This place was great, with super energetic staff and fun travellers. The Cafe was a great place to mingle with locals and travellers and the language class is a great addition to help those who want to learn korean. The staff were good about changing my reservation and also gave me a bed to stay when I missed my flight which I am really grateful for.

A separate toilet (without a shower) would be great as often it is impossible to go to the toilet in the morning or in the evening when you really need to because the bathrooms are occupied by people taking a shower.

very nice hostel, was very accomodating, letting us leave our bags there before check in and after we checked out so we could go sightseeing. the owner told us of several places we could visit close to the hostel. the location was really good, in an area with many cheap places to eat, a few shops if you want to do some shopping, and at night its a great place for drinks or going out, but the hostel is still out the way enough to not be noisy if you want an early night.

Hostel is nice and cozy, people there were nice too. It has everything I needed, will definitely stay again.

The guy that welcomed us was super nice. Waited for us to arrive late. I gotta say service in Korea is top notch.

Place to party on friday, learn to speak korean at 8pm and good location to explore. Nice friendly place and no problem in getting food.

The staff were super friendly, manager speaks very good English and is extremely helpful! The atmosphere is great, the hostel is quite small which makes it very cosy. I met loads of nice people here - living room and common kitchen is great! Free toast all day was a massive plus as well.

This was a nice place to stay. Convenient location and easy to find. It's in a busy area and could potentially get very noisy, but we didn't have this problem. What was outstanding was the help from the staff. They made calls for us and booked our last minute plans. Very friendly and helpful. Would def recommend staying here.

Hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed in! the staff were super friendly and extremely helpful, dorms really clean and facilities in perfect order. Even the people staying in the hostel were lovely too :) In regards to the location it is in the club so good for eating and drinking but still only a 20 walk/train ride to the beaches.

great value for money. located very close to the metro station and right in the middle of Busan's vivid nightlife district. remember to check-in at the LZONE cafe that is just around the corner from the hostel itself, as the staff is busy managing the cafe and comes rarely to the hostel. facilities are reasonably clean and in a good condition. only two toilets/bathrooms, might get busy in the mornings. they offer a 10$ refund for a >95% review, which is kinda shady, keep that in mind.

Excellent choice to stay in Busan and one of the best value for money Hostel I ever stayed in. Apart from the checkin "Lzonecafe" that take a bit of time to find , this is an excellent place to stay , cleanliness is very good and people are very friendly, only 2-3 minutes walk from the Subway and if you like to party , there are clubs around.

The staff was beyond fantastic. Mike was so helpful and never complained, even when he had to wake up to help me. The other guests were quiet and respected the rules. It was overall a lovely experience.

• 11th Apr 2015

Just book it! This hostel has been one of the best ones I've stayed at! The staff is so friendly, Mike and Alvin does everything for you to feel welcome and enjoy your stay in Busan. And they'll help you with everything (one guys credit card didn't work since he didn't have a bank account in Korea and Mike offered him to use his). It's perfect either for those who travel by them selfs or in a group. Just book it now! I wish all of my hostels were like this. I'll definitely come back here! /Emma

pretty clean, really good location so many restaurants, clubs and shops around. Next to the subway. Nice people and staff. I recomend it.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Spain

The direction leads to a normal apartment block, but you need to walk past it to the L Zone café. Free simple continental breakfast and towels. Beds are comfortable and facilities clean. Only one bathroom outside one of the dorm rooms makes it difficult for people staying in other rooms to access it in the morning and night.

This was my first time staying in a Busan hostel that was not located near Haeundae and it honestly surpassed all of my expectations. The owner, Mike, and his staff are extremely helpful and kind. He gave us all our own (6 person) room even though we paid and ordered for an 8-person mixed... great upgrade! The location is perfect and the place is really clean. The only mark I am giving against it is that there needs to be toilet paper refills in the bathrooms. Otherwise, A-rated hostel here!