Bush House & Camp Reviews

P O Box 10265, Nairobi, Kenya

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff in particular were really friendly and attentive. It was a shame that, after extending my booking and settling my bill on the last night, they'd increased the price of my room by an extra 25% per night, saying if I'd booked online it would have been cheaper... which annoyingly I had, but obviously extended by word of mouth; I just wished they'd mentioned that at the time! Also the showers were either freezing cold or boiling hot. Other than that, lovely.

They offer airport pick-up for a price. I sent 3 e-mails to make sure they would be there when I arrived. There was nobody. Someone had to call them so they would send a taxi. I had to wait 45 minutes for the taxi and the drive to the hostel was 2 1/2 hours, yes. It cost me 30 US dollars. Not reliable. Otherwise, the staff was very pleasant and the grounds are beautiful.

Don't go there if you are a lonely backpacker and would start you first Africa-Trip. They try everything to sell their standard safaris (not possible here to book individual safaris) and they also tell you, that traveling in Kenya is unsafe (they are selling you drivers). Also try to get a room in the main building and be careful, that you get what you booked. To get there you need a taxi or driver. It's far away from center of Nairobi.

• 28th Sep 2012
  • FrankyBing
  • Switzerland

Friendly staff, great trip to the Masi mara, thank you

All facilities are very good. Staff are nice and helpful. Breakfast provided is really nice. The only problem is we can only use one bathroom while we have 7 people. |We need to wait for long long time before all of us have taken a shower.

Misleading information.. "close to the airport".. it's actually miles away, our driver didn't even want to go there it was so far. This place feels very out of place in Nairobi, seems more like a mansion than a hostel. Not many other travelers around to mingle with. Would recommend a hostel closer to the centre of town.

• 9th Feb 2012

They had listed on their site that they would coordinate pick up from the airport, so I asked (A couple of times and at least a week or two in advance of our arrival) for the service and never got a reply..or the service. We got in late and had to leave early the next day (We were just using them to for an overnight layover) . We had a little trouble finding the place, but were processed in quickly. It took about an hour to get there from the airport and about 30-45 minutes to get back.

THE HOSTEL WAS VERY GOOD PERFECT LOCATION AND GREAT FUN THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME FIND THAT ONE

Its a great place if you have time and extra money for taxi or you are willing to do everything in public transportation!!!

Great place. Beautiful garden, great food and very nice people. The only problem is that it is little far from center, however, it is relaxing after hard day in noisy Nairobi.

Quiet place out of the chaotic mess of downtown Nairobi. Great place to get away. Close to Giraffe sanctuary and Karen Blixen museum.

This guest house is beautiful and set in the quiet rural area of Karen. It is perfect if you don't want to be near the city. It is near the Nairobi NP, Giraffe centre and orphanage. If you need to do anything in Nairobi city the location is too far away, 30 min taxi. Also it is not close to any shops or really anything, so you just have to hang around the house. Meal can be arranged there, but are very expensive for the budget traveler.

I LOVED this place and will be coming back. Solomon, Sara, and staff were wonderful and so accommodating. As a lone, 20-something female traveler, I felt safe here, and the place is clean. It's not the type of place you would go to party, but Karen is considered to be a nice, secure area where the "rich people" live. I told my local Kenyan friends what I was paying for this hostel, and even they were amazed at the value I was getting. So it's a good deal. It is further from the city centre (so you wil

We only had one night here prior to starting a safari the next day, but in the short time we were there it was fantastic. the staff were very welcoming and friendly. the room was absolutely massive (almost grand) and the breakfast was great. the customer service was excellent and the staff carried our bags, arranged our morning taxi etc. Its a bit out of the city of Nairobi, but that might be a good thing!

The actual place is really nice and the free breakfast is good. The guy who runs it is very friendly but watch out because if he aranges activities for you for cheap, it will end up costing you an arm and a leg.

Friendly staff and a character place was let down by so many mosquitos and ants in our room. Apparently they forgot to put down daily insecticide (and had no spray available) and the beds didn't even have mosquito nets. Without the manager onsite the staff were not empowered to put the situation right for us which was disappointing.

It does not surprise us that Moody has posted such negative comments.He started by asking for a discount on the rooms.Then he insisted on paying for two meals only -for him and his wife- and not pay for his two children.When the staff declined to discount ,he threatened to write to hostelworld and now he has made good his threat. The manager had left for the day by the time Moody and family checked in at night.Moody knows he checked out the next morning before the manager had arrived.

If you just need a place to chill out that's outside the city then this place is really good. The staff are really friendly and will organise taxis or let you know where to go. A bit expensive to get anywhere as you have to take taxis but i would definitely stay here again.

The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The only thing, it's pretty far out of town...we ended up spending a lot of money on taxis. But the location is pretty safe, and close to the Giraffe Centre and Elephant Orphanage. It's clean, comfortable, and one of the best places I've stayed in East Africa.

Really nice play if you\'re looking for somewhere to relax that\'s not in the city. Close to the supermarket but having to get taxi\'s everywhere makes it a bit expensive. The staff were really friendly and the facilities were excellent

A great fun place in Karen, It is an old mansion that hasd been converted. The people are great. Its a bit far out from town if you want to travel in alot. I would def stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3