Byron Bay YHA Reviews

7 Carlyle Street, Byron Bay NSW 2481, Byron Bay, Australia

The room was large and clean and had lockers and comfortable beds. Key card access was good for security too. The hostel doesn't have a great social vibe due to strict drinking rules and lack of places to sit as a big group, so if you're looking to meet people it would be better to head out to a bar or the beach. We liked it here but wouldn't stay again as it's so expensive for a hostel. There are lots of motels in town that aren't on Hostelworld, so we would check there next time.

Good almost across the board. Security and location were typical. Staff was generally nice but sometimes seemed strangely impatient with guests. The atmosphere chill but fun. A good balance. Cleanliness was average. The amount of sand on the floor in my room was a bit much. Had a pool. Have to pay for luggage storage after you check out. Hate that. Very against the spirit of hostels.

Amazing hostel! Loved my time there and wished I could have stayed longer.

The staff and accommodations were fantastic. The lady at the front desk was especially helpful in finding places to eat and in booking a van to the airport.

I really recommend this YHA. Toilets and shower rooms are pretty clean, kitchen is wide, Wi-Fi works very well. This hostel itself has great atmosphere! And few Asian, so you can make Western friends easily here!

It was my first time staying in a hostel and I absolutely loved it- would love to do it again!

• 4th Sep 2015