Byron Beach Resort

Fabulous 1085 Total Reviews

• Scotland, Mixed Group, 25-30
15th Aug 2017
5.7

Phoned on day of check in to confirm 5 beds in 6 bed dorm which was changed by 'computer' to 2x 4 bed dorms but this was corrected over the phone. On arrival late at night after a long drive, night manager was very rude at check in... no information was given about hostel facilities and local area (which we noticed later other guests were told). He also treated group as if incapable of following instruction even though we were family group not schoolies!! Would not recommend!!!

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
7th Aug 2017

Great hostel just outside of town.

• Wales, All Male Group, 18-24
28th Jul 2017

Great atmosphere, is normal for complete strangers to say 'hello' to you, staff and guests are all generally nice. Staff tended to be very clicky but at the same time more involved with guests as compared to other hostels. Great location to the beach, about a 25 minute walk to town. Cheaper rooms were freezing cold at night even with heater and blankets. Shared bathroom with next door a little strange. Common areas decent enough. Kitchen massive- fantastic! Would go back again! :)

• Australia, Female, 41+
21st Jul 2017

The hostel was lovely, but even lovelier were the staff! In the leadup I emailled a couple of questions and the staff always wrote back really quickly and were really helpful. Outstanding! Thanks heaps.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
14th Jul 2017
6.0

The staff gave me minimal information upon arrival - no idea of facilities or things to do etc. Once again staff only told me where my room was. Upon checkout, they didn't inform me that the fridges lock between certain times so I had to leave my food behind. Male staff were rude and unhelpful. Location was okay and room was not cleaned regulary. The long term ladies in my room were more lovely and helpful than anyone else. Nothing wrong, just not the full hostel experience I would expect.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
13th Jul 2017
8.0

Great spot. The treehouse next door is really cool with great food. Free bus rides into town. Stayed the private room which was awesome great shower. Will definitely be back

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
2nd Jul 2017
3.7

The placed me in a room with 3 people high on drugs. One of the guys kept staring at me all night and kept asking me to go outside with him. The other two people just kept acting strange all night. Would not recommend this place to anyone. I couldn't get a refund and I lost my deposit when I cancelled my last two night. I am not happy about that!!!! I did not sleep an entire night cause I was so scared!!! I should have had a full refund!!!

28th Jun 2017
6.0

Alright hostel but very hard beds hurts your back and very weird people lack of atmosphere.

• chenoac6977
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
28th Jun 2017

Clean, cozy hostel. Good facilities, couldn't be closer to the beach. Chill spot just outside of town, but not too far (walkable by street or beach, but the beach walk is definitely a must).

• Australia, Female, 25-30
16th Jun 2017

We stayed in the Cottage and it was really lovely. Great cafe next door - Treehouse. Easy walk or shuttle into town. We were three girls and the configuration was 1 very comfortable king bed downstairs and two singles upstairs. The kitchen is quite old but has a big fridge and everything you need. The bathroom is very modern however the ventillation is terrible so the floor and walls got very damp with steam build up. Beautiful amenities such as body wash and shampoos.