Byzanthin Hostel Reviews

Doctor Caracas Constantin no.22 street, Bucharest, Romania

Booked 2 nights here in a private room. 1st night my room was overbooked so they took me to a small hotel, I got an ensuite and they paid for the difference, which I was happy with. 2nd night though I got an extremely tiny room, where was only a bed and a lamp. I'm not even sure if that was the normal private room as it didn't have a room number as all the others but was called Camera Supraveghere on the floor map. It's clean but the shower tub could use a deep scrub. Nice staff and good wifi.

This place was very good. Affordable, well maintained, and the lady who runs the place was EXTREMELY helpful. I would recommend to anyone looking for a cheap, yet comfortable stay in Bucharest.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good hostel

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Romania

Had a great stay, thanks to Scott! :) Unfortunately, 1 bathroom per floor is not enough.

The room was clean, so was the bathroom. The only bad was the room was inner, and there was no chance for any ventilation except a ventilator in it, but it doesn't help much. It is not close to the old city, but it is close to the subway. And over this subway are two famous museums, one of them the best in the city - nature museum. Also it is 2km away from arch of triumph and the village museum - which is great.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Bulgaria

The reception staff didn't speak a word of english. We had requested a twin room, but given a double. Apparently the receptionist had decided from our appearance that we were a gay couple, and then made jokes about it when we asked for a twin room. That was not provided. The beds were uncomfortable, pillows flat, and bath towels old and thin.

• 28th Jul 2014

Dear Mr. If you think that you are a gay "from your appearance" is not my and anther persons business and we don't approve your fantasies with jokes about gay people - In what language the receptionist make jokes about your sexuality if she don't speak English ?

Friendly host and nice room with ensuite. Tidy place, free wifi and close to Victoria Square.

Nice staff that gave us a free upgrade to a private room with a bathroom, very clean, had a TV and AC

Near the new area of business, so had good range of cafes and place to eat in. People very nice and the city really stood out for me. Architecture is brillant wich I really wanted to see. Taxis are cheap as you can end up getting lost which happened to me. Overall very liberal city.

Awesome staff!! :)

The whole place was dirty, notjust the hostel, whilst in a convenient location, it is also in an area of town where very home has a guard dog and they spend the night "chatting" loudly. Excellent shower though

• 18th Feb 2014

Thanks for a lovely stay - I was really happy with my time at your hostel!! Fantastic value for money.

Thank You :) Hostel Byzanthin Rules ! not like other hostels who use fake reviews and fake clients !

The hostel is clean, people are nice, and the atmosphere is relaxed. It looks more like a mini-hotel. It is 5 minutes away by foot from the 2 most beautiful streets of Bucharest (Kiseleff and Aviatorilor), and from the metro station Victoriei.

close to gare de nord and metro, very nice room but the bathroom could be cleaner, no real common area and customer service was a bit off

fix the bathroom upstairs an get some new toiletpaper

• 29th Jul 2013
  • Denmark

we liked the hostel but make sure you book it online with advance payment, otherwise they will overbook and you're out! this was a very frustrating experience for us, the second time we were there.

My Friend and I really enjoyed our 3 night stay at The Byzanthin Hostel in Bucharest from Friday July 5th until Monday July 8th 2013. We arrived late on Friday night July 5th but the lady at reception was very welcome and told us everyhing we needed to know. It felt more like a Family Home than a Hostel and this meant alot to my Friend and I. The Location was perfect as we were very near a Metro Station. The room was very comfortable and we had an Air Conditioner which was very much needed.

I enjoy my stay in Byzanthin Hostel

• 4th Jul 2013
  • Bulgaria

Very nice hostel, good area. Very cheap!!

After correct reservation (about 1 month before) and emailing day before (in answer was everything OK) and travel with car for 13h - on hostel recepion told that there are no empty rooms! After phone call with main person they offered 1 free night in Byzanthin hostel and rest of reservated in other hostel. We accepted offer, but description of room didn't match with reservated (delux). Positive fetures: good location (noisy, no regular parking), economic room (but no common room) and no Gypsies.

« first « Prev 1 2 3