Byzanthin Hostel Reviews

Doctor Caracas Constantin no.22 street, Bucharest, Romania

The reception staff didn't speak a word of english. We had requested a twin room, but given a double. Apparently the receptionist had decided from our appearance that we were a gay couple, and then made jokes about it when we asked for a twin room. That was not provided. The beds were uncomfortable, pillows flat, and bath towels old and thin.

• 28th Jul 2014

Dear Mr. If you think that you are a gay "from your appearance" is not my and anther persons business and we don't approve your fantasies with jokes about gay people - In what language the receptionist make jokes about your sexuality if she don't speak English ?

Friendly host and nice room with ensuite. Tidy place, free wifi and close to Victoria Square.

Nice staff that gave us a free upgrade to a private room with a bathroom, very clean, had a TV and AC

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Macedonia

Near the new area of business, so had good range of cafes and place to eat in. People very nice and the city really stood out for me. Architecture is brillant wich I really wanted to see. Taxis are cheap as you can end up getting lost which happened to me. Overall very liberal city.

• 18th Jun 2014

Awesome staff!! :)

The whole place was dirty, notjust the hostel, whilst in a convenient location, it is also in an area of town where very home has a guard dog and they spend the night "chatting" loudly. Excellent shower though

• 18th Feb 2014

Thanks for a lovely stay - I was really happy with my time at your hostel!! Fantastic value for money.

Thank You :) Hostel Byzanthin Rules ! not like other hostels who use fake reviews and fake clients !

The hostel is clean, people are nice, and the atmosphere is relaxed. It looks more like a mini-hotel. It is 5 minutes away by foot from the 2 most beautiful streets of Bucharest (Kiseleff and Aviatorilor), and from the metro station Victoriei.

close to gare de nord and metro, very nice room but the bathroom could be cleaner, no real common area and customer service was a bit off

fix the bathroom upstairs an get some new toiletpaper

• 29th Jul 2013
  • Denmark

we liked the hostel but make sure you book it online with advance payment, otherwise they will overbook and you're out! this was a very frustrating experience for us, the second time we were there.

My Friend and I really enjoyed our 3 night stay at The Byzanthin Hostel in Bucharest from Friday July 5th until Monday July 8th 2013. We arrived late on Friday night July 5th but the lady at reception was very welcome and told us everyhing we needed to know. It felt more like a Family Home than a Hostel and this meant alot to my Friend and I. The Location was perfect as we were very near a Metro Station. The room was very comfortable and we had an Air Conditioner which was very much needed.

I enjoy my stay in Byzanthin Hostel

• 4th Jul 2013
  • Bulgaria

Very nice hostel, good area. Very cheap!!

After correct reservation (about 1 month before) and emailing day before (in answer was everything OK) and travel with car for 13h - on hostel recepion told that there are no empty rooms! After phone call with main person they offered 1 free night in Byzanthin hostel and rest of reservated in other hostel. We accepted offer, but description of room didn't match with reservated (delux). Positive fetures: good location (noisy, no regular parking), economic room (but no common room) and no Gypsies.

The location for this hostel was great as we were coming in late from the train station and leaving the next morning. However our booking was mixed up, the room was mouldy due to dampness and we had no staff around majority of the time. We wouldn't book here again however for our purpose on this visit this hostel was what we needed location wise.

Our room was spacious, clean and tidy, with 2 twin beds pushed together to make a double, and had an ensuite (unexpected bonus). The window did not face outside; it opened onto the hall - be sure to keep it locked for security. It felt a bit like we were staying at someone's house, as everyone else there seemed to be friends or family, not travellers - dunno. This wasn't a problem, just a bit odd. The location was not far from the train station, so that was good, Fine for a short stay.

• 22nd Mar 2013
  • Couple, 41+

The best Staff ever !!!

A nice and clean twin room for a very reasonable price, not far from the centre, plenty of stores including 24/7 one, metro and some main attractions. The hostel is hidden in a small alley, has a bit odd family atmosphere cause of many - it seems - long term guests. Helpful and friendly stuff. Overall would recommend, albeit shower could be in better shape and kitchen could really do with an electric kettle. Breakfast extremley basic, on the upside decent coffee :)

The hostel is very good, but as improvement I suggest:- Put simple mirrors in the rooms. So people will get less time in the bathroom.- Delete the breakfast. It was so poor and inconstant that it was better to have nothing. I saw all the guests were disappointed with the breakfast. As a hostel it's better no breakfast than a breakfast so bad. Leave guests more comfortable to use the kitchen, to cook. The kitchen was almost all the time occupied by the owners and the stove is too small.

« first « Prev 1 2 3