Byzanthin Hostel Reviews

Doctor Caracas Constantin no.22 street, Bucharest, Romania

The hostel served its purpose. I had a private room with shared bathroom. The room had an unwelcoming feeling - it had tiles for a floor, and it was cold. To get to the bathroom, I had to walk down the stairs, go through a corridor, pass by the front desk, walk through another corridor, and only then arrive at the bathroom. The location was acceptable in terms of distance from a subway stop (10-12 mins walk). However, the hostel is located in a narrow street with poor street lighting.

The staff is very unfriendly. The staff reply all the questions impolitely and requested us don't ask it. They always occupied the dining table and hardly find any place to having our meal. I won't stay again when i back Bucharest next time. Not recommend.

Dear Mr. from Malaysia - nobody from our staff was impolitely with you. You boiled the chicken and the rest of us in the same time with your food :)...I see that you give two bad reviews for the same reservation - the same like you cook ;)

I will never book with them again.

Great hostel, Great view, great location.

I didn't think the hostel was very welcoming. The room was fine + toilet and so on, but didn't like the atmosphere very much. There was not that my guest so maybe that had something to do with it. I wouldn't book it again if I went to Burerest again. The lokation was fine.

Very nice hostel and the staff is very helpful

• 13th Sep 2015

Very nice place. Clean and quiet. Staff is helpfull and wants u to feel confortable. Perfect for the price and location

• 24th Aug 2015

TheHostel is just a househouse. Ive seen this kindkind before in other places, but this hosthostel did not make any renovation to make the place looks nice or receptivereceptivereceptive.

- staff is extraordinarily helpful and fair - we came one day late and got a room anyway

The building is a little weird, but the room was ok, and the location is nice!

Booked 2 nights here in a private room. 1st night my room was overbooked so they took me to a small hotel, I got an ensuite and they paid for the difference, which I was happy with. 2nd night though I got an extremely tiny room, where was only a bed and a lamp. I'm not even sure if that was the normal private room as it didn't have a room number as all the others but was called Camera Supraveghere on the floor map. It's clean but the shower tub could use a deep scrub. Nice staff and good wifi.

This place was very good. Affordable, well maintained, and the lady who runs the place was EXTREMELY helpful. I would recommend to anyone looking for a cheap, yet comfortable stay in Bucharest.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good hostel

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Romania

Had a great stay, thanks to Scott! :) Unfortunately, 1 bathroom per floor is not enough.

The room was clean, so was the bathroom. The only bad was the room was inner, and there was no chance for any ventilation except a ventilator in it, but it doesn't help much. It is not close to the old city, but it is close to the subway. And over this subway are two famous museums, one of them the best in the city - nature museum. Also it is 2km away from arch of triumph and the village museum - which is great.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Bulgaria

The reception staff didn't speak a word of english. We had requested a twin room, but given a double. Apparently the receptionist had decided from our appearance that we were a gay couple, and then made jokes about it when we asked for a twin room. That was not provided. The beds were uncomfortable, pillows flat, and bath towels old and thin.

• 28th Jul 2014

Dear Mr. If you think that you are a gay "from your appearance" is not my and anther persons business and we don't approve your fantasies with jokes about gay people - In what language the receptionist make jokes about your sexuality if she don't speak English ?

Friendly host and nice room with ensuite. Tidy place, free wifi and close to Victoria Square.

Nice staff that gave us a free upgrade to a private room with a bathroom, very clean, had a TV and AC

Near the new area of business, so had good range of cafes and place to eat in. People very nice and the city really stood out for me. Architecture is brillant wich I really wanted to see. Taxis are cheap as you can end up getting lost which happened to me. Overall very liberal city.

Awesome staff!! :)