C&N Backpackers Hostel Reviews

927 Main Street, Vancouver, Canada

Bad. My mattress was made of plastic and very uncomfortable, the beds were very noisy/shaky, bathrooms dirty. Only 3 showers. The Internet was very slow. One member of staff was nice and kind, the other rude. The neighbourhood is sketchy, there was a prostitute right outside the hostel, nearby is a very poor area with lots of homeless and drug addicts around and to top it off MICE!! Two people checked out early as there were mice on their bed & another guy said he saw one under his bed.

Everything seems to be improvised, sheets are full of hair

• 21st Sep 2015

Compared to other hostels in Vancouver, C&N Backpackers is located in an area of Vancouver that is a bit rougher round the edges and less happening. The facilities (particularly WiFi) aren't the best, and the staff are mixed in their helpfulness. There was an Anglo-Canadian on the front desk who was very helpful, but the Franophone one from Quebec was extremely rude - he forced my partner and I to wait until nearly 9pm on a Friday night to use the washing machines because of a mistake he made!

Stayed for 1 night to catch a greyhound early the next morning. Easy to get to and find, pretty dark and dingy inside and the beds squeaked like crazy! Staff were nice and friendly and seemed like a decent place. Only stayed for about 9 hours so don't have much to say.

Staff were very friendly and helpful :)

• 12th Sep 2015

Only thing I have to say is there was a couple old used condoms left on top of the closet...

GOOD Hostel.we took a double room , share bath room. Crean and comfortable...good slpt. Near greyhound bus ST you can take a bus to Stanlay park on main st .#19 If can use wifi in the room perfect ダブルルーム 共有バスルーム すごい快適でした。立地もよく、ギャスタウンも近いし、メインロード沿いなので、スタンレーパークにもバス19で一本。wifiは部屋には通らなかったです。

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Japan

I wasn't exactly in love with this hostel and do you want to know why? I'll tell you why. The guy at the desk tried to make a clever cultural remark regarding my origins and instead instantly lost my respect. He also frequently contributed together with other guests to the plume of cigarette smoke entering our room from the outside smokers balcony, which in my view is unacceptable and should be located further away from the rooms. The laundry service was limited to 4 hours and was thus useless.

Staff were really nice and helpful.

• 22nd Aug 2015

None None

It did the job, I wanted a place very close to the train station since I was getting in so late. It was a bit dodgy, beds weren't the comfortable. But the people were nice, and it was very affordable.