C&N Backpackers Hostel Reviews

927 Main Street, Vancouver, Canada

Location is great for me because I came in and left via Amtrak and it is two blocks away. Thought I was sharing a bathroom with 4 people but actually there were three bathrooms on the floor two of which had a shower. Blinds and fan in the window in the bathroom haven't been cleaned in a long time. Dust was very thick. Kitchen closes very earlier, 9:00pm.

No air-conditioning WIndow in the bed room was not secure Bed linen was not clean Toilet and shower facilities were disgusting

• 28th Aug 2014

I felt very safe here! the staff were excellent very friendly and helpful! The only downside for me was that it wasn't too sociable but that is the fault of the people staying there rather than the hostel, not all bedrooms get wifi but all social areas do so everyone in the social areas are just on their phones and don't really chat to each other!

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

All that was good was the location (close to the bus terminal) and the hot water. The woman at the reception was nicer than the man.

• 19th Aug 2014

Very helpful info by staff when we arrived

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Denmark
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Chose C&N Hostel mainly for its location near the Pacific Central Station and a light rail stop. First impressions weren't great. Overwhelming smell of weed when we first arrived (if you're into that sort of thing). Didn't see anyone smoking inside. There were a few rules posted that everyone appeared to follow. There was a balcony for smokers which just happened to be right outside our room window. Not a huge deal but would prefer not to smell smoke. Helpful staff, felt safe. Would stay again.

• 23rd Jun 2014

kitchen/dining very small, closes early

Near train station. Just right for what I needed and wanted. As one review said good splash for the cash.

Friendly staff and a cool atmosphere in the place. I had a fine time here; cheap and cheerful. I would recommend for somebody looking to stay in Van without splashing out the cash.

• 14th May 2014

really close, Can actually walk to see all the place in downtown, next to chinatown. Behing the hostel is the rogers center. 4 min walk to the bus/ via rail station. 15-20 min walk to granville St ( all the shopping store are there / nightclubs). All you need is some sport shoes.

Thanks for calling me a cab so quickly when I almost missed my flight. They let me on by the way!

there is only 2 bathroom in second floor and bad smell in restroom

• 23rd Sep 2013
  • South Korea

The host is very nice and will help you with everything you need during your stay in his hostel. The area is not great but homless down the street and people around are very nice and very secure.

we feel the mattress out again . room where the critters run on the floor

A big, BIG thanks to the guy on the reception, he was really helpful and great!

very convenient location, but very crowded

the staff were friendly enough. I would go back since it eat so cheap and the location was awesome!

The hostel was ok for the price, nevertheless apparently it is quite an honour if you are given a bed to sleep in. One of the receptionists was incredibly unfriendly and somehow did not want me to pay for another night as she was too busy with internet bookings ... however, the other receptionist was super nice. Also, you dont get sheets just a blanket that is not washed.

The bed had springs and it was very uncomfortable. it was really difficult to get some sleep. We had also cockroaches in the room and the bathrooms were dirty. One receptionists was so unfriendly but the other persons were totally friendly and helpful. The location is not the best and unsafe. We would not stay in this hostel again!

Decent hostel for the price - super close to the Greyhound station in Vancouver. It was perfect for staying one night after having caught the Greyhound and then it's also very close to the Skytrain which I took to the Airport the next morning.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7