C&N Backpackers Hostel Reviews

927 Main Street, Vancouver, Canada

None None

When we arrived we were irritated by the smell in the entrance and on the stairs. Our double privat room was small. The furniture was not the newest. Washrooms have been okay. We only use the kitchen once, it was okay as well. The surrounding area is part of or next to the drug area of Vancouver. So on our First walk to the inner City we walked right trug this district ... In the end, the price was low and our stay was okay.

• 10th Aug 2015

Front door always open, room lockers broken, bunkbeds shaky, not enough showers, bathrooms uninviting, insufficient laundry facilities, no wifi in rooms, common areas cramped, bedding consisted of a huge blanket (not great for summer - sheet would have been fine!), checked out before desk opened so had to sacrifice my key deposit, it's a distance from downtown (and none of routes pleasant), hardly any sockets in rooms. It's passable but could be so much better.

The location of the hostel was great being so close to the light rail system is perfect. The facilities were fine and clean enough, but everything was bare minimum. Also, there are way too few showers on each floor.

• 31st Jul 2015

Good location near the bus and greyhound station, along with both Chinatown and Gastown within walking distance.

This place was better than expected. Me and my girlfriend actually got upgraded to a private room...originally we were booked for a separate male/female dorm. The staff was super friendly and helpful! Would definitely recommend this place again. Vancouver is great!

• 30th Jun 2015

The hostel was alright for price paid and it's location by the amtrak train station was ideal. However the omnipresence of television was not something I appreciated, and the bathrooms left to be desired. They were decently stinky and the shower did not look inviting. Our 4 year old loved the bunk bed.

• 21st Jun 2015

I did not have a good experience at this hostel. My booking had been lost, despite me having a confirmed booking. Fortunately there were beds to spare, so I could still stay the night. The entire hostel was extremely worn and things were broken and not fixed(just signs informing that the object was broken).Odd people seemed to be living there long term.In the early morning the manager had a loud conversation with someone and woke us all up. It was close to the Greyhound station so that was good.

Close to the train station and not to far from downtown. Hostel in the good average, and good value for money.

I was initially concerned because of all the negative post i saw on TripAdvisor . But i was very impressed with the cleanliness . Never believe what you read. I had a nice time

Close to amtrak station and all public transportation. Bad wifi. Very uncomfortable beds and very small rooms.

Everything about the hostel was great, but I think security needs to be improved. Twice when I went to the balcony it was unlocked, and the front door was always open - anyone could come in! My friends were early to meet me one day and they just wandered in, which is convenient for me I suppose but if they can get in, anyone can. Maybe just consider installing some sort of door lock with a code to get in, and then I'd have absolutely no complaints. Thanks for an otherwise good stay!

• 21st May 2015

I've stayed at C & N several times and it's always good for me.

• 9th May 2015

Good value for money in a good location.

1. Wi-Fi connection is outrageously slow. You cannot buy an airline ticket using their Wi-Fi. 2. The place in insecure. The windows have no working latches. Lots of hemp smoking and drunk people. 3. Radiators do not function properly. And you always have ask them to turn the heat on.

• 3rd Nov 2014

1. router died in november and we now have new superfast wifi. 2. how is the place insecure? was something stolen? -3a and no theft. 3. central heating- radiators do not allow heat to be controlled in room, only office. thanjjoe

Location is great for me because I came in and left via Amtrak and it is two blocks away. Thought I was sharing a bathroom with 4 people but actually there were three bathrooms on the floor two of which had a shower. Blinds and fan in the window in the bathroom haven't been cleaned in a long time. Dust was very thick. Kitchen closes very earlier, 9:00pm.

No air-conditioning WIndow in the bed room was not secure Bed linen was not clean Toilet and shower facilities were disgusting

• 28th Aug 2014

I felt very safe here! the staff were excellent very friendly and helpful! The only downside for me was that it wasn't too sociable but that is the fault of the people staying there rather than the hostel, not all bedrooms get wifi but all social areas do so everyone in the social areas are just on their phones and don't really chat to each other!

All that was good was the location (close to the bus terminal) and the hot water. The woman at the reception was nicer than the man.

Very helpful info by staff when we arrived

• 1st Jul 2014