C&N Backpackers Hostel Reviews

927 Main Street, Vancouver, Canada

Bad. My mattress was made of plastic and very uncomfortable, the beds were very noisy/shaky, bathrooms dirty. Only 3 showers. The Internet was very slow. One member of staff was nice and kind, the other rude. The neighbourhood is sketchy, there was a prostitute right outside the hostel, nearby is a very poor area with lots of homeless and drug addicts around and to top it off MICE!! Two people checked out early as there were mice on their bed & another guy said he saw one under his bed.

Everything seems to be improvised, sheets are full of hair

• 21st Sep 2015

Compared to other hostels in Vancouver, C&N Backpackers is located in an area of Vancouver that is a bit rougher round the edges and less happening. The facilities (particularly WiFi) aren't the best, and the staff are mixed in their helpfulness. There was an Anglo-Canadian on the front desk who was very helpful, but the Franophone one from Quebec was extremely rude - he forced my partner and I to wait until nearly 9pm on a Friday night to use the washing machines because of a mistake he made!

Stayed for 1 night to catch a greyhound early the next morning. Easy to get to and find, pretty dark and dingy inside and the beds squeaked like crazy! Staff were nice and friendly and seemed like a decent place. Only stayed for about 9 hours so don't have much to say.

Staff were very friendly and helpful :)

• 12th Sep 2015

Only thing I have to say is there was a couple old used condoms left on top of the closet...

GOOD Hostel.we took a double room , share bath room. Crean and comfortable...good slpt. Near greyhound bus ST you can take a bus to Stanlay park on main st .#19 If can use wifi in the room perfect ダブルルーム 共有バスルーム すごい快適でした。立地もよく、ギャスタウンも近いし、メインロード沿いなので、スタンレーパークにもバス19で一本。wifiは部屋には通らなかったです。

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Japan

I wasn't exactly in love with this hostel and do you want to know why? I'll tell you why. The guy at the desk tried to make a clever cultural remark regarding my origins and instead instantly lost my respect. He also frequently contributed together with other guests to the plume of cigarette smoke entering our room from the outside smokers balcony, which in my view is unacceptable and should be located further away from the rooms. The laundry service was limited to 4 hours and was thus useless.

Staff were really nice and helpful.

• 22nd Aug 2015

None None

It did the job, I wanted a place very close to the train station since I was getting in so late. It was a bit dodgy, beds weren't the comfortable. But the people were nice, and it was very affordable.

When we arrived we were irritated by the smell in the entrance and on the stairs. Our double privat room was small. The furniture was not the newest. Washrooms have been okay. We only use the kitchen once, it was okay as well. The surrounding area is part of or next to the drug area of Vancouver. So on our First walk to the inner City we walked right trug this district ... In the end, the price was low and our stay was okay.

• 10th Aug 2015

Front door always open, room lockers broken, bunkbeds shaky, not enough showers, bathrooms uninviting, insufficient laundry facilities, no wifi in rooms, common areas cramped, bedding consisted of a huge blanket (not great for summer - sheet would have been fine!), checked out before desk opened so had to sacrifice my key deposit, it's a distance from downtown (and none of routes pleasant), hardly any sockets in rooms. It's passable but could be so much better.

The location of the hostel was great being so close to the light rail system is perfect. The facilities were fine and clean enough, but everything was bare minimum. Also, there are way too few showers on each floor.

• 31st Jul 2015

Cheap central place to stay if that is what you're looking for. Only 4 bathrooms for the entire hostel, 2 of them with shower so u have to wait a long time, and they are clogged often. Stuff was super rude and not very helpful. When some mice bit my backpack, they blamed it on me for having food and asked me to google the type of mouse they were instead of doing something about it, just to mention one. Not the cleanest place and everything (common area, kitchen...) is closed early.

Good location near the bus and greyhound station, along with both Chinatown and Gastown within walking distance.

This place was better than expected. Me and my girlfriend actually got upgraded to a private room...originally we were booked for a separate male/female dorm. The staff was super friendly and helpful! Would definitely recommend this place again. Vancouver is great!

• 30th Jun 2015

The hostel was alright for price paid and it's location by the amtrak train station was ideal. However the omnipresence of television was not something I appreciated, and the bathrooms left to be desired. They were decently stinky and the shower did not look inviting. Our 4 year old loved the bunk bed.

• 21st Jun 2015

I did not have a good experience at this hostel. My booking had been lost, despite me having a confirmed booking. Fortunately there were beds to spare, so I could still stay the night. The entire hostel was extremely worn and things were broken and not fixed(just signs informing that the object was broken).Odd people seemed to be living there long term.In the early morning the manager had a loud conversation with someone and woke us all up. It was close to the Greyhound station so that was good.

Close to the train station and not to far from downtown. Hostel in the good average, and good value for money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7