C&N Backpackers Hostel Reviews

927 Main Street, Vancouver, Canada

The hostel was alright for price paid and it's location by the amtrak train station was ideal. However the omnipresence of television was not something I appreciated, and the bathrooms left to be desired. They were decently stinky and the shower did not look inviting. Our 4 year old loved the bunk bed.

• 21st Jun 2015

I did not have a good experience at this hostel. My booking had been lost, despite me having a confirmed booking. Fortunately there were beds to spare, so I could still stay the night. The entire hostel was extremely worn and things were broken and not fixed(just signs informing that the object was broken).Odd people seemed to be living there long term.In the early morning the manager had a loud conversation with someone and woke us all up. It was close to the Greyhound station so that was good.

I was initially concerned because of all the negative post i saw on TripAdvisor . But i was very impressed with the cleanliness . Never believe what you read. I had a nice time

• 13th Jun 2015

Close to amtrak station and all public transportation. Bad wifi. Very uncomfortable beds and very small rooms.

Everything about the hostel was great, but I think security needs to be improved. Twice when I went to the balcony it was unlocked, and the front door was always open - anyone could come in! My friends were early to meet me one day and they just wandered in, which is convenient for me I suppose but if they can get in, anyone can. Maybe just consider installing some sort of door lock with a code to get in, and then I'd have absolutely no complaints. Thanks for an otherwise good stay!

• 21st May 2015

I've stayed at C & N several times and it's always good for me.

• 9th May 2015

Good value for money in a good location.

1. Wi-Fi connection is outrageously slow. You cannot buy an airline ticket using their Wi-Fi. 2. The place in insecure. The windows have no working latches. Lots of hemp smoking and drunk people. 3. Radiators do not function properly. And you always have ask them to turn the heat on.

• 3rd Nov 2014

1. router died in november and we now have new superfast wifi. 2. how is the place insecure? was something stolen? -3a and no theft. 3. central heating- radiators do not allow heat to be controlled in room, only office. thanjjoe

Location is great for me because I came in and left via Amtrak and it is two blocks away. Thought I was sharing a bathroom with 4 people but actually there were three bathrooms on the floor two of which had a shower. Blinds and fan in the window in the bathroom haven't been cleaned in a long time. Dust was very thick. Kitchen closes very earlier, 9:00pm.

No air-conditioning WIndow in the bed room was not secure Bed linen was not clean Toilet and shower facilities were disgusting

• 28th Aug 2014

I felt very safe here! the staff were excellent very friendly and helpful! The only downside for me was that it wasn't too sociable but that is the fault of the people staying there rather than the hostel, not all bedrooms get wifi but all social areas do so everyone in the social areas are just on their phones and don't really chat to each other!

All that was good was the location (close to the bus terminal) and the hot water. The woman at the reception was nicer than the man.

Very helpful info by staff when we arrived

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Denmark
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Chose C&N Hostel mainly for its location near the Pacific Central Station and a light rail stop. First impressions weren't great. Overwhelming smell of weed when we first arrived (if you're into that sort of thing). Didn't see anyone smoking inside. There were a few rules posted that everyone appeared to follow. There was a balcony for smokers which just happened to be right outside our room window. Not a huge deal but would prefer not to smell smoke. Helpful staff, felt safe. Would stay again.

• 23rd Jun 2014

kitchen/dining very small, closes early

Near train station. Just right for what I needed and wanted. As one review said good splash for the cash.

Friendly staff and a cool atmosphere in the place. I had a fine time here; cheap and cheerful. I would recommend for somebody looking to stay in Van without splashing out the cash.

• 14th May 2014

really close, Can actually walk to see all the place in downtown, next to chinatown. Behing the hostel is the rogers center. 4 min walk to the bus/ via rail station. 15-20 min walk to granville St ( all the shopping store are there / nightclubs). All you need is some sport shoes.

Thanks for calling me a cab so quickly when I almost missed my flight. They let me on by the way!

there is only 2 bathroom in second floor and bad smell in restroom