C&N Central Station Hostel Reviews

1038 Main Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Should have known staying right next to the train station was a bad idea. Staff was very friendly, but atmosphere was lacking and suspicious to say the least. No one really socialized and the cleaners came into the room at around 6 am to change the bedding. If you are looking to work in Vancouver, stay here. If you have a limited time and would like to experience the city and meet other travelers stay elsewhere.

• 16th Nov 2014

lovely bunch of guys all really friendly and made me feel right at home. The food was excellent and any tourist attractions or places to eat the staff were more then happy to help me find what i was looking for. Highly recommend this to any traveler or traveling individual!

• 5th Nov 2014

Bedding was threadbare. Fridge was full and dirty but no one in the room was using it.

Great hostel. Good location, rooms are nice, staff are very friendly. Wifi works very well. I would stay here again.

just old people, really bad!! 30 rooms in one floor and 1 TOILET!!

Ok - no real security and anyone can pass through.

I heard the staff here call a customer an idiot, which is unaccetable. Location is near Chinatown, ALL THE OTHER HOSTELS ARE IN DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER, where everything is happening party/nightlife wise. There is NO SOCIAL SCENE here. If you are a YOUTH backpacker, DON'T STAY HERE. There are permanent residents here and this place is eerily creepy. NO WIFI EXCEPT ON FIRST FLOOR with 5 floors total, and even then it didn't work. And my friend noticed stains on her bedding after she woke up (LOLOL)

The beds were very uncomfortable, rooms were dirty, some of the characters that came in and out of the place seemed a little sketchy but the staff at the font desk were so helpful with everything.

It's very close to Pacific Central Station. I don't think I'll feel good if I live there for many days.

This hostel is not Safe!! My belongings were stolen from my padlocked locker. The locks on the door are dodgy as well! They also overcharged for my accommodation! Many seedy people hanging around this hostel. I recommend for anyone thinking about staying here to choose another hostel as you will incur more inconveniences by staying at this hostel than had to paid an additional $10 and walked another 3 blocks staying elsewhere! At least you will have all your belongings with you!

• 11th Dec 2013

This is the best value for money hostel in vancouver. All hostels are just stupidly expensive but this one gives you your monies worth, excellent location and very secure. This hostel made me feel part of a family as we all got along swimmingly in the short time I was there and the staff were definitely a major part of that.

The staff are amazing and really helpful. The hostel itself is standard, its ok and for a short stay it's fine but thefacilities are poor and there isn't much of a social feel about it.

Perfect price and location, the best value for money - I can highly recommend.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Czech Republic

My experience Got to my room and had no idea what beds were free due to the occupants of the room Shower on 5th floor was a box with no space to put even your towel Kitchen may have had a stove, toaster and kettle but only one huge pot to cook/eat with Didn't check out the attached bar but I felt very very isolated A f'wit of a lady I was ment to share a room with also turn me off the place no matter how nice the guy at the front desk was.

Staff were nice and had good local knowledge to offer. Not very clean, average facilities and atmosphere if you don't enjoy inhaling smoke and weed 24/7.

IT IS SAFE

• 10th Jul 2013
  • China

Its what you would expect for the money. Has all the facilities you need, staff are wonderfully helpful. The area was a little rough but pretty close to downtown which was handy. Its right next to the train station which was really handy also.

• 5th Jul 2013

It was really dirty!

• 29th Jun 2013
  • Mexico

room was not the cleanest, floor was dirty and i was iching after sleeping over one night. service excellent and location right next to the greyhound station and skytrain

Bad: There is no common room, there is a bad smell all over the hostel and especially in the rooms. The "kitchen" is a stove and a micro wave. There are no other facilites. The beds weren't clean.I the rooms for 2 Persons there isn't even a table (+ no common/living room ..) Good: It's close to the skytrain (kind of metro) and the central trainstation. There is a fridge and a TV in the 6 Bed dorm. (altough I wouldn't have needed it)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4