C&N Central Station Hostel Reviews

1038 Main Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

just old people, really bad!! 30 rooms in one floor and 1 TOILET!!

Ok - no real security and anyone can pass through.

I heard the staff here call a customer an idiot, which is unaccetable. Location is near Chinatown, ALL THE OTHER HOSTELS ARE IN DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER, where everything is happening party/nightlife wise. There is NO SOCIAL SCENE here. If you are a YOUTH backpacker, DON'T STAY HERE. There are permanent residents here and this place is eerily creepy. NO WIFI EXCEPT ON FIRST FLOOR with 5 floors total, and even then it didn't work. And my friend noticed stains on her bedding after she woke up (LOLOL)

The beds were very uncomfortable, rooms were dirty, some of the characters that came in and out of the place seemed a little sketchy but the staff at the font desk were so helpful with everything.

It's very close to Pacific Central Station. I don't think I'll feel good if I live there for many days.

This hostel is not Safe!! My belongings were stolen from my padlocked locker. The locks on the door are dodgy as well! They also overcharged for my accommodation! Many seedy people hanging around this hostel. I recommend for anyone thinking about staying here to choose another hostel as you will incur more inconveniences by staying at this hostel than had to paid an additional $10 and walked another 3 blocks staying elsewhere! At least you will have all your belongings with you!

• 11th Dec 2013

This is the best value for money hostel in vancouver. All hostels are just stupidly expensive but this one gives you your monies worth, excellent location and very secure. This hostel made me feel part of a family as we all got along swimmingly in the short time I was there and the staff were definitely a major part of that.

The staff are amazing and really helpful. The hostel itself is standard, its ok and for a short stay it's fine but thefacilities are poor and there isn't much of a social feel about it.

Perfect price and location, the best value for money - I can highly recommend.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Czech Republic

My experience Got to my room and had no idea what beds were free due to the occupants of the room Shower on 5th floor was a box with no space to put even your towel Kitchen may have had a stove, toaster and kettle but only one huge pot to cook/eat with Didn't check out the attached bar but I felt very very isolated A f'wit of a lady I was ment to share a room with also turn me off the place no matter how nice the guy at the front desk was.

Staff were nice and had good local knowledge to offer. Not very clean, average facilities and atmosphere if you don't enjoy inhaling smoke and weed 24/7.

IT IS SAFE

• 10th Jul 2013
  • China

Its what you would expect for the money. Has all the facilities you need, staff are wonderfully helpful. The area was a little rough but pretty close to downtown which was handy. Its right next to the train station which was really handy also.

• 5th Jul 2013

It was really dirty!

• 29th Jun 2013
  • Mexico

room was not the cleanest, floor was dirty and i was iching after sleeping over one night. service excellent and location right next to the greyhound station and skytrain

Bad: There is no common room, there is a bad smell all over the hostel and especially in the rooms. The "kitchen" is a stove and a micro wave. There are no other facilites. The beds weren't clean.I the rooms for 2 Persons there isn't even a table (+ no common/living room ..) Good: It's close to the skytrain (kind of metro) and the central trainstation. There is a fridge and a TV in the 6 Bed dorm. (altough I wouldn't have needed it)

Very good location next to the pacific central station. We had a private room that was dirty and the bed linens did not seem to have been cleaned for a while. When we asked for some new linens we got some really old ones with a lot of stains and holes in them.

• 2nd Jan 2013
  • Sweden

It seems like a place that homeless people may call on in desperation, it is disgusting. I did not feel safe there at all, I went to the bathroom at 2.00am and there appeared to be a stranger off the streets loitering around the men's toilets which are not locked (and therefore open to the public if they know about it). For the amount of money spent on one room, I had much higher expectations.

This tired, old building, in a bit of a shady area, has no hostel culture.. there are no shared spaces, the kitchen does not contain any plates, utensils etc, the hostel rules prohibit eating in the kitchen, in bedrooms, and in the internet area (!). Wifi is only available in one small area separate from the hostel rooms. Everything needs a deep clean. If you stay here, use it as a cheap accommodation base with no intention of cooking, hanging out etc.

Some of the rooms had a bad smell. The mattresses were not in very good shape and need to be replaced. I slept on springs the first night I was there. Once I transfered to a single it was a little better. The staff were very helpful, I won't soon forget them. The location was perfect everything within walking distance. My advice clean the place up and deal with the smells and it good be a fantastic place.

• 23rd Sep 2012