CCLy Hostel Reviews

P.zza G.Falcone 3, Catania, Italy

Great kitchen and other facilities. Staff not helpful (or present) and even though they leave you with a number to call when you need help, we found they told us they would be back within 30 minutes to an hour to help us, but after waiting 2.5 hours and calling a second time, they still never showed up.

I don't know what to say. The staff is sometimes very good, sometimes weird. One customer, always with the staff, had behavior as a staff and promised us an early breakfast. When we came to the real staff at six, he said "It's too early." Also, the lockers are pretty weak and someone stole documents from the guy in the room.

Hostel has a home like feeling. It's small and intimate and the manager, Marco is friendly and warm in his own unique way.

Marco was extremely welcoming, accommodating and helpful - he certainly goes above and beyond! Overall, the hostel was very clean and well serviced (though very lacking in electrical outlets in the woman's dorm). However, I wouldn't recommend the hostel to women traveling alone - it was fairly deserted while I was there and there was no lock on the door to the dorm. The neighborhood - while well connected if you are traveling out of Catania - is also not the safest feeling.

There were 2 homeless people sleeping in our dorm, their smell and the insecure feeling kept us awake during the night. Staff was nice and location good.

Staff is very friendly! And the hostel close to both train station and bus station. Nice breakfast everyday. I will definitely recommend my friends to live here at Catania

Great hostel, well designed, clean, helpful staff, great location (2 minute walk from the bus and train station, which is where you leave from to go to Mount Etna). It was a bit empty when we were there, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing as we had a dorm to ourselves. Definitely recommended.

Really nice stuff, help me to enjoy my trip. I will be back again. Thanks

Marco was very welcoming and helpful, the hostel has a very large kitchen and lounge and good wifi throughout. Great views of Mount Etna from the rooms, it is wonderful to breakfast with such a majestic panorama. A stay here is a real treat.

Marco is a friendly, enthusiastic & aspiring host. Close to buses and train station.

Lovely hostel an easy walk to the centre of Catania and all the sights. The owner Marco was very friendly and helpful and the hostel has a nice atmosphere.

This is a great hostel with an excellent frendly atmosphere and good value for the money spent. Facilities are great and you find everything you need. Their biggest asset is the staff for sure ! You will always feel very welcomed and taken care of there!

I am honestly perplexed by the high rating (91%) on the website, reading the reviews makes me feel like I stayed in a totally different place. I would describe it as average at best. Not in a great part of town, although handy for the bus and train stations. A beautiful building on the outside but inside there was nothing special about it. The man working there was busy and constantly distracted. Not one I'd hurry back to or recommend to a friend.

Marco was really nice and helpful! Measured against the regular Italian his English was fantastic (= When going there take the Alibus (4€) from the airport to the central station at piazza papa giovanni xxiii. Then walk up the street next to the kebap shop 200 meters. the hostel is at te piazza giovanni falcone. Enjoy!

We are couples on our marital leave, spent two nice nights in the Green Room of C.C.ly hostel, the room is very clean and the hostel is only a short walk from Catania Central station, also only a very short walk to the bus staion, actually you can see the bus station from the window from where you can go to etna, palermo, siracusa, agrifento,,,,,,,, Marco is very very nice and helpful, we will miss Sicily and Dear Marco very much~ Hope to see you next time.

I stayed 2 night at the the Ccly Hostel and I really appreciated. The rooms, kitchen and bathroom are very clean. Marco was helpfull for indicate the good place to visit in Catane and take the time to explain you everything you need. My favorite hostel in Sicilia for sure !!

This was by far the best experience I have had while traveling in Europe. Marco is the most helpful host and was ready to do anything to make our stay enjoyable. He recommended restaurants and called tour services for us so we did not have to stress about a single thing. Thanks Marco!! Your friends from Arkansas.

• 6th Mar 2015

excellent service throughout my stay,, ,, the owner marco is very friendly and treated you like one of the family,, it felt like a home from home,, he even dropped me to the airport,,facilities are very good,, best hostel ive stayed at,,

• 9th Feb 2015