CVJM/YMCA Muenchen Reviews

Landwehrstraße 13, Munich, Germany

The hostel is well located to main city attractions, U-bahn stations and HBF. I would like to mention a pfofessional work of all staff during my stay - best team! It's very pleasant to have breakfasts included to the price. But I would like to pay attention to shower rooms, it's time to renovate them, looks old. Wi-fi works only in lobby.

Great place, clean, quiet, wonderful breakfast, and high quality of service, although some loud noise from one shop near by.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

It was really difficult connecting to the wifi and I didn't like that you had to be in the lobby to get online and it didn't reach through the rest of the building.

It's important to know that this hostel is owned by YMCA and maybe you don't like their idiosyncrasy, but we had a pleasant stay in the hostel. The workers were kind and friendly. The breakfast was not the best, but it was enough. There is no wifi in the rooms, only in the common rooms.

As a woman travelling alone, feeling safe is very important to me. Despite your extensive (some might say overbearing) security efforts, I still did not feel safe in the lobby area. The fact that you only have wifi available in the lobby means that your guests will be spending a lot of time there in the evenings. I couldn't spend more than 5 minutes in that lobby without getting hit on by men twice my age who were practically living there. I wish I had more room because I had other problems.

We are very sorry about that. The reception is part of the lobby. If you would have told us during your stay, we would have been able to interfere. We could not detect a woman having trouble with men during the time you stayed at our house.

With only bathrooms for the whole floor, it needs to have more cleaning for the showers, specially in the morning. More lack of education of the guests than fault of the staff, I guess, but they need to be careful. Except for that, perfect stay.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • fapaiola

Good price and nice location but soulless. Do not recommend for young travelers. Everyone I saw at this hostel was much older than me. The staff was very accommodating when my flight in was late but assigned me to a room where everyone was already sleeping (very awkward). If you're trying to meet people, go elsewhere. If you're just looking for a quiet place to sleep, this is a good choice.

Staffs were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was nice. Wi-fi speed was okay, but it was only used at lobby. It was useless for traveler. If it will get better, want to stay again.

Could be better if there were more toilletes

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Easy walk to the heart of the city, great security and attentive staff, and a DELICIOUS free breakfast buffet!

• 27th Jul 2015

The staff are nice and helpful, location is good, but the wifi only in the common area and they don't have locker to strore in the room.

Just outside the old city in Munich, 4 euro for breakfast buffet, showers not in rooms. We had 3 showers for probably 20 people on one floor. Would stay here again. Clean, good value, very nice staff. Don't stay at all those ones near the hauptbahnhof. Cvjm is a much better location.

Everything is fine. There is a curfew until 00:30. It means you are perfectly secured after that time, and also means if you came Munchen for night life, it is better to find other places. (but it is possible to get night key before you leaving here.) Facilities are all fine, except the Wi-FI. Wi-Fi is only available at the lounge. and it is impossible to use wi-fi with both smart phone and laptop. only one device can use the Wi-fi. Location is near the station, but it is bit dangerous at night.

Excellent location, very hospitable staff, will go to great lengths to make you feel comfortable.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Bulgaria

This stay couldn't have been better. It was only for one night, but the room was very clean and included crisp linens and towels. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great. The only thing i could think of is that if you are a solo traveler and you share a room, they might not have locking lockers as ours did not. But we booked our room out so no problem. The room was also more spacious than hostels generally are, with a table and chairs and sink in the room. More like a hotel.

Very close to the Hauptbahnhof and the provided directions made it easy to find.

• 20th Jun 2015

The lounge is nice, the rooms are set up nicely, can't complain!

Not a good place to stay. Need to pay for wifi and then it is only available in the lobby. Rooms were okay. 2 showers for a whole floor though. Need to get a special key to get in after 1230. No lockers

Wifi is only 1 EUR without time limit.

Great hostel to stay at! The staff is super friendly and very accommodating! The breakfast was delicious and it was super close to the train station! It's located on a pretty diverse street, but overall we felt safe. You had to pay 1 euro to get unlimited wifi, which isn't that bad, just wished it would have worked in the room. Great stay!

Enjoyed my stay, thanks!