CVJM/YMCA Muenchen Reviews

Landwehrstraße 13, Munich, Germany

It's very comfortable,clean!

On arrival, I was asked to wait 15 minutes as the member of staff was due a break. As it was only myself I didn't see why check in would take more than 2 minutes anyway. Breakfast was great and the rooms were clean except a little noisy at night. Individual bed lights and plug. Security was ridiculous though so there was no sense of freedom.

• 23rd Aug 2014

No decent common room - if you are going to sell dorm rooms you need somewhere for people to hang out in. Also area around the hotel is quiet rough

Good place to stay. Close to everything. No wifi in rooms.

Nice, clean, well-located hostel. The only problem was the atmosphere - the staff were not friendly, it wasn't really possible to meet other guests, and they have some strict rules about visitors, noise levels etc (to the extent that my friend and I were told off for 'causing disruption' at 2am even though we were asleep at that time, and the staff chose not to believe us!). However the rooms are fine, bathrooms clean, and breakfast alright. Fine for a couple of days.

Nice calm place, friendly staff, 10 minutes by foot from the main station, good quality breakfast, very clean

The receptionists are very nice!

A good hostel, nice clean spacious rooms, but the location wasn't the best ( a bit dodgy, especially coming home at night alone), though it was near the main station which was convenient. The free breakfast was the best I've had in any hostel, so much variety and good quality!! The showers were a bit weird, there were 2 on my level which were tiny little rooms which housed a shower each, good for privacy but they were so small you could barely move! Wifi only works in the lobby

The location is good as it is within 10-15 min walking distance to the train station and the main shopping street and old town square. It has a washing basin in the room so it's more convenient. I stayed in a 3-sharing female bedroom and it's satisfactory. The night reception staff is very friendly.

Nice enough hostel, nothing special but friendly staff and good location. Be aware that there is a €3.50 surcharge for anyone 27 years+!

good location, cleanliness,no free wifi in the room.

very kind staffs and nice breakfast. but not using wifi in my room is so frustrationg.

WiFi costs but did not work.

It's in a bad area

It is the area ot the main station, but munich is a safe place, even hear.

Great place as a basic hostel. Nothing facing but mine was an excellent experience. Was clean, conveniently located walking distance away from the Hbf, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was great as well!

• 27th Jun 2014

Good, no wifi though

No free wifi, the paid wifi is very bad too

We changed to new fast internet in munich but until now it is not the fast one. We are still working on it.

Not a Hostel, but a Hotel. Not recommended for young people, there a better hostels in Munich than this place.

We had an excellent stay at the YMCA Muenchen.. All the above categories were excellent. We especially enjoyed being close to the Zentron and the ethnic food right on our street. The bicycle storage facility was very secure and worry free. The breakfast was nutritious and delicious and we loved the sunny breakfast room. If I had one complain it would be that the mattress was a little thin. We had a great 3 night stay. Thank You! My friend and I road 700km in 2wks on our bicycles in Germany.

We stayed two nights and sometimes the young visitors were noisy. The shower space is a little bit narrow. The WC is clean. we needed to catch a bus very early in the morning and the lunchboxes provided were great. For whom cannot hv breakfast after 7.30, can ask for a lunchbox one evening before departure. 2 fresh buns, crackers, an apple, butter, jam, liver spread, nutella, orange juice... the speed of the guestpc is low and no wifi....28.5 euro is a little bit expensive

wifi is provided for 1 EUR (no timelimit). At the moment we have problems with the privider so sometimes it is also a bit slow.