CVJM/YMCA Muenchen Reviews

Landwehrstraße 13, Munich, Germany

Classic wifi-only-available-in-the-lobby problem, but other than that, can't fault them. An ideal Oktoberfest hostel, perfect distance from town centre in one direction, fairgrounds in the other. Plus free breakfast and towel included so whats to complain about!

No locker and wifi inside the room

Only complaints are the showers on the floor, pretty much impossible to move around in. Ask, my room smelled very smokey. Other than that, amazing location to Oktoberfest and staff were friendly!

I stayed here during Oktoberfest. It was the cheapest and the best option. Staff are very friendly and accommodating. Location is great in terms of it being so close to the old town and train station. Wifi only works in the lobby, however wasn't working on my arrival day, but thereon after.

• 17th Sep 2015

The size of the bedroom and bathroom was ok I found clean the bedroom and badroom. Lobby as good and the wifi only there. I like the staff. In the corridor smells a cigar.

A good hostel. The only two drawbacks is 1. Muslim area. Cannot feel Bayren around. 2. Wifi is so bad. no wifi in the room(210). And you need to link many times and fail many times at the sitting room of ground.

Good hostel to stay if you are eith friends. As a solo traveler this was not the best hostel to meet people. It's very quiet which is nice if that's what you are looking for. Wifi does not access in the rooms and you can not make calls on whatsapp or viber while on the hostel wifi. Lots of Jesus stuff around too

Very close to the main train station, and easy to walk to. Very secure, clean, good breakfast, and wifi works good.

The hostel is well located to main city attractions, U-bahn stations and HBF. I would like to mention a pfofessional work of all staff during my stay - best team! It's very pleasant to have breakfasts included to the price. But I would like to pay attention to shower rooms, it's time to renovate them, looks old. Wi-fi works only in lobby.

Great place, clean, quiet, wonderful breakfast, and high quality of service, although some loud noise from one shop near by.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

It was really difficult connecting to the wifi and I didn't like that you had to be in the lobby to get online and it didn't reach through the rest of the building.

It's important to know that this hostel is owned by YMCA and maybe you don't like their idiosyncrasy, but we had a pleasant stay in the hostel. The workers were kind and friendly. The breakfast was not the best, but it was enough. There is no wifi in the rooms, only in the common rooms.

As a woman travelling alone, feeling safe is very important to me. Despite your extensive (some might say overbearing) security efforts, I still did not feel safe in the lobby area. The fact that you only have wifi available in the lobby means that your guests will be spending a lot of time there in the evenings. I couldn't spend more than 5 minutes in that lobby without getting hit on by men twice my age who were practically living there. I wish I had more room because I had other problems.

We are very sorry about that. The reception is part of the lobby. If you would have told us during your stay, we would have been able to interfere. We could not detect a woman having trouble with men during the time you stayed at our house.

With only bathrooms for the whole floor, it needs to have more cleaning for the showers, specially in the morning. More lack of education of the guests than fault of the staff, I guess, but they need to be careful. Except for that, perfect stay.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • fapaiola

Good price and nice location but soulless. Do not recommend for young travelers. Everyone I saw at this hostel was much older than me. The staff was very accommodating when my flight in was late but assigned me to a room where everyone was already sleeping (very awkward). If you're trying to meet people, go elsewhere. If you're just looking for a quiet place to sleep, this is a good choice.

Staffs were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was nice. Wi-fi speed was okay, but it was only used at lobby. It was useless for traveler. If it will get better, want to stay again.

Could be better if there were more toilletes

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Easy walk to the heart of the city, great security and attentive staff, and a DELICIOUS free breakfast buffet!

• 27th Jul 2015

The staff are nice and helpful, location is good, but the wifi only in the common area and they don't have locker to strore in the room.

Just outside the old city in Munich, 4 euro for breakfast buffet, showers not in rooms. We had 3 showers for probably 20 people on one floor. Would stay here again. Clean, good value, very nice staff. Don't stay at all those ones near the hauptbahnhof. Cvjm is a much better location.