CVJM/YMCA Muenchen Reviews

Landwehrstraße 13, Munich, Germany

Thank you for the friendly staff.

This hostel is very good: good localisation, very good breakfast, helpful staff. I stayed for one night in a room of 3 persons and it was perfect (no noise, good quality of bed). I recommand this hostel and you have a very good breaksfast included in the price

I have stayed here before and on the whole was pleased to go back as before the reception staff were polite and helpful, with good knowledge of the area. however the cleaning staff for the rooms seem to do very little for the period of our stay room was not swept or vacuumed once nor towels changed luckily i had a spare, this was just the opposite of the breakfast staff who kept the foods and drinks well replenished and the area clean and tidy. rooms are basic but ok but need en suite showers ad

I liked it a lot. The breakfast was good and the rooms really clean... A little bit small but ok. Totally recommend it!

• 8th Nov 2013
  • El Salvador

Nice clean Hostel run professionally. Highly recommented

I very much enjoyed my stay at CVJM. Staff are very friendly and rooms are clean. Free breakfast was great. Location close to main rail station and lots of shops in the area. I would definitely stay here again.

Excellent staff, a good place to stay.

• 8th Oct 2013
  • Mexico

Quite nice place, calm atmosphere. Good breakfast, 3-bed room were quite small but clean. Shower was very small.

Great location, facilities and friendly staff. Atmosphere could be more fun, the party doesn't come back to the hostel. The breakfast was average

I found the staff extremely competent, friendly and helpful. I would like to compliment the staff especially on the cleanliness of the hostel.

• 6th Oct 2013
  • South Africa

Good quality, clean, comfortable beds, towel

Check-in paperwork is a bit time consuming, and the way to get in after midnight a bit complicated with an extra key, but staff is really very friendly and helpful. Room is large enough, beds are in line, not next to each other (rules in the elevator say "no unmarried couples in a twin room together!") Location is great, few minutes to two subway stations to choose from, bars and fast food restaurants nearby. Toilet and shower are shared with about seven other rooms, but I never had to queue.

It was really nice to be in CVJM hostel, and I love the staffs there. I only worry about the security in the room there, there are no locked cabinet for the people,

Paying for wifi is ridiculous, but the staff were very helpful. Made me a breakfast box because I had to leave early, they give a lot of food.

The only thing that let this hostel down was the fact it locked it's doors at 00.30am..

The location was not difficult to find. But it takes some time to walk there. The male staff was helpful, but the female staff was not so helpful. There are supermarkets, casinos and nigh clubs around the hostel.

I enjoyed my time here and my ratings mostly reflect that. One major concern for me was the key system used at the Y--- each room shares 1 key of the sort that can lock you INTO a room, not just out of it. This made me very uncomfortable in csae of emergency, and on a practical level, involved a 30 minute wait to get into the room after someone had taken the key to the shower.

Exceptionally clean and comfortable (both rooms and showers) when compared to other hostels. Does not have a traditional hostel party atmosphere, but that is a plus or minus depending on the person. Extremely safe. I would prefer for the wifi to work in the rooms as well and not just in the lobby.

All staffs here are worderful!!!!

I have stayed here before an enjoyed my stay, so decided to return, i still think it a shame they dont add en suite showers to the rooms. also the breakfast last time was fantastic was spoiled this time by the lack of staff clearing tables and the absolutely dire coffee. The receptionist on duty when i arrived was very nice and helpful