CVJM/YMCA Muenchen Reviews

Landwehrstraße 13, Munich, Germany

Check-in paperwork is a bit time consuming, and the way to get in after midnight a bit complicated with an extra key, but staff is really very friendly and helpful. Room is large enough, beds are in line, not next to each other (rules in the elevator say "no unmarried couples in a twin room together!") Location is great, few minutes to two subway stations to choose from, bars and fast food restaurants nearby. Toilet and shower are shared with about seven other rooms, but I never had to queue.

It was really nice to be in CVJM hostel, and I love the staffs there. I only worry about the security in the room there, there are no locked cabinet for the people,

Paying for wifi is ridiculous, but the staff were very helpful. Made me a breakfast box because I had to leave early, they give a lot of food.

The only thing that let this hostel down was the fact it locked it's doors at 00.30am..

The location was not difficult to find. But it takes some time to walk there. The male staff was helpful, but the female staff was not so helpful. There are supermarkets, casinos and nigh clubs around the hostel.

I enjoyed my time here and my ratings mostly reflect that. One major concern for me was the key system used at the Y--- each room shares 1 key of the sort that can lock you INTO a room, not just out of it. This made me very uncomfortable in csae of emergency, and on a practical level, involved a 30 minute wait to get into the room after someone had taken the key to the shower.

Exceptionally clean and comfortable (both rooms and showers) when compared to other hostels. Does not have a traditional hostel party atmosphere, but that is a plus or minus depending on the person. Extremely safe. I would prefer for the wifi to work in the rooms as well and not just in the lobby.

All staffs here are worderful!!!!

I have stayed here before an enjoyed my stay, so decided to return, i still think it a shame they dont add en suite showers to the rooms. also the breakfast last time was fantastic was spoiled this time by the lack of staff clearing tables and the absolutely dire coffee. The receptionist on duty when i arrived was very nice and helpful

Wifi was super slow and you had to get a special key to enter the building after midnight. Also filled mostly with high schoolers and families and was not ideal for a solo traveler. Location was good though, right between the marianplatz and the Haupbahnhof. Showers were really small too

When I arrived at night,there is a guy that not very good, I asked him first to give me some hot water,he told me that only solution is the tea and cafe machine,and I should pay for every single time(1-2 euro)!! The other day, another girl helped me a lot and very kind. For the wifi, as I see on the website, there is free wifi in some specific space but when I asked the same guy, he said the 'only" wifi is 1 euro! I said that it was the first time to pay for the wifi in the hostel and the price

The internetterminal is for free, the wifi is 1 EUR for registration with unlimited access (only available in the lobby).

too noisy, breakfast service starts too late (7:30), but the staff is nice, although there is only one person but have to receive all visitor and help to solve all the problems...

breakfast staff depends on the number of guests or groups. If breakfast is too late we can offer a lunchbox instead.

This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Everything was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was excellent! Thank you for a wonderful experience!

• 31st May 2013

Good location ! The bedroom is very good !

nice place to stay. breakfast is ok. no lock for locker in room, hopefully your room mate is nice. two shower for the whole floor, but still acceptable. all staff really helpful. for people >27 years old had to pay extra money per night, don't know why. had to pay for wi-fi and only near reception. only one key per room. need ask for another key when you want to go back after 00.30 AM. stay for 3 nights, overall is satisfied even with numbers of difficulties. :)

still the same: 3 EUR more per persons over 27 is contained in the important information. It is a question of tax recuction for persons under 27 years.

I think that this hostel is good. It is very quiet though, it is not the best place to meet people. That has pros and cons, obviously. But in general, I was happy about everything. I only have one slightly bad comment to make. The beds are super short. That should be improved. I am 1.80m and I didn't fit in that bed...

• 17th May 2013
  • Spain

Breakfast was huge!

Too many restrictions, you better have nice mates in your room, as your luggage is not locked. Breakfast could have something warm, it´s just cold one. If you go ina group, that you take full room is not bad for couple of nights.

No wifi included, staff was alright, they let me check in at 15:00, before was not possible, nice breakfast buffet included though (fair enough for the rate they charge). Also be aware about their age policy, which is if you are older than 26 you have to pay 3 extra euros, so they don´t respect hostelworld rates whatsoever ... For being a christian hostel, there is nothing like fellowship or nice atmosphere, it´s just a business with a bible in your room. Period

3 EUR more is shown in the "important information", it is a question of tax (reduced in Germany for people under 27 years of age.

Great location, great quality, very clean, amazing breakfast, probably the best one you will always have in one hostel.