Ca' Barbaria Reviews

Castello 6668, Barbaria De Le Tole, Venice, Italy

Fabio was extremely helpful with whatever we needed and the place itself is beautiful! Definitely coming back here again!

• 28th Aug 2014

Very small single room. No shelves to put the clothes. Water for shower has a very limited flow.

Phillip was always helpful and available. Excellent position across the road from the beach and restaurants. Would definately revisit

Thanks but my name is Fabio :)

We were only staying 1 night. We probably would have gotten more comfortable with more time but alas. The stairs are rough but most of Venice is really difficult with luggage. There is no air and you will be cautioned about leaving windows open because of mosquitoes. On the side: Staff are very ready to help with sightseeing suggestions and carrying things. Looks very much like someone's house so is nice and clean. I'd stay again but not for quick/cheap comfort more for rustic charm comfort

The hostel was pleasant and clean. The breakfast had a good variety and amount of food for a bunch of 23 year old Americans. The room was stuffy, hot and humid b/c of lack of air flow, since we had to leave the windows closed to keep mosquitoes out; but we had a fan that kept it tolerable. Favio was extremely helpful and polite. He gave us good advice on what to do in the city and let us leave our bags in the lobby after check out until late in the day. Good value for the price- I recommend.

Nice clean big room. Good location (close to a water bus stop) and a quiet safe area. Helpful staff. There is a kitchen but it can only be used for cooking if you are staying for a few nights. No bathmat or hand towel in the bathroom.

Our stay at Ca Barbaria was awesome and our room great! A massive room with an wide view to Venice. The hostel is really well located in a central part of the city and the staff really friendly. When me and my boyfriend had been in Venice he got really sick and Fabio gave us the maximum attention and went with me until the pharmacy to buy medicines to my boyfriend. Venice is beautiful but any trip when you get sick becomes stressful. If I come back I would stay in Ca Barbaria again.

• 25th Jul 2014

Room was extremely spacious and had it's own balcony overlooking Venice. Close to major attractions. Room had a fan, which was helpful. Breakfast was pretty good given the legal limitations.

Clean and super friendly. Great help and the breakfast getz you going, Great espressos!

• 18th Jul 2014

Nice location only 10 min walk from st. Marks and 5 to Rialto. Cheaper than most other opti

Nice place, very central and staff was helpful - lend me an umbrella so I could go sightseeing in the rain. My room was small but had everything I needed (comfy bed). Didn't try the breakfast as the person serving it overslept. But all in all good value for money, which is hard to find in Venice.

We enjoyed our stay at Ca' Barbaria and would be likely to return if we came back to Venice. Great coffee in the morning! The lower marks on security and facilities are because anyone could come into our room from one of the bathrooms via the balcony (there wasn't a problem while we were there, but it was a little weird) and because the water pressure in the shower is terrible. It's just because the pension is on the top floor, but it was pretty bad. But great location and charm!

• 1st Jul 2014

Beautiful place but needs an area where you you can chill out rather than your room. The breakfast that is included needs to be improved as it is not that great and there should be a staff member present at all times. The manager was very helpful with information.

The staff were friendly and always willing to help. Very decent flat with clean rooms. Very good for family group to stay here.

We stayed there for 3 nights and we loved it. The owner has very friendly attitudes and warmly hospitality as he offered valuable guides to show where we should go looking around and shop the stuff. I think this guy knows every Venice's belonging such as a single "local olive store" as we asked for. He also has the world class coffee making :)) every morning that we enjoyed at least one cup or two. I liked my room where we stayed with a quite open view in height with two big windows.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Vietnam

The host was very friendly and helpful. We definitely appreciated his help with printing our plane tickets! It was awesome to spend a few moments with them enjoying an espresso and sharing experiences.

The bad news -- it is on the 3rd floor with no lift. At first the location seems out of the way, but it is less than a 10 minute walk to St. Mark's Square. It is in a quieter area with more locals. Fabio is very helpful and gives you a map on arrival. There are 2 shared bathrooms (with soap, shampoo and toothpaste), but you rarely sees the other guests except perhaps at breakfast -- which is simple but with good coffee. Great Wi-Fi connection.

Fabio and Muto are the greatest guides you will ever meet. They simultaneously created a fun and relaxing atmosphere. They are wonderful to converse with in the mornings and great people to get to know. Fabio is quite knowledgeable in a way array of subjects while Muto will make you laugh and truly admire the city of Venice.

Ca' Barbaria is a beautiful old apartment where you rent beautiful rooms with original interiors. It is the owner's (who is an architect) grandfather's old apartment, and you can tell he was an artist. I rented the single beedroom which was small and not as charming as the other rooms but it was clean with a very comfortable bed and a window overlooking the nearby roofts. There are two, clean, shared bathrooms. Good breakfast and excellent coffee. There is a terrace and the location is great.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Good price, good location.

• 31st May 2014