Ca' Barbaria Reviews

Castello 6668, Barbaria De Le Tole, Venice, Italy

I really enjoyed my stay at Ca'Barbaria, the staff was very helpful, friendly and kind, they helped me with my bags up the stairs, Fabio offered Italian coffee and gave me advise about places to visit, eat, and shop. The location was perfect, walking distance to most of the attractions, the vaporeto stop to go to the train station, or Murano/Burano Islands is just minutes away.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Chad

Staff was helpful in the check in and gave us a lot of tips about Venice. The b&b it's far away from the train station, a problem for someone with big backpacks (our case). Huge bedrooms, good breakfast.

Bad - Lots of stairs to get to the B&B. The water pressure in both the showers is very low. The staff would never talk to me, all responses were addressed to my boyfriend, even when I was the one asking the questions. It was quite unnerving and upsetting to be treated that way. I don't know if it was some sort of cultural thing but I would have preferred some equality in the way we were treated. Good - The biggest room is mindblowingly beautiful. Fabio let us put our stuff in the fridge.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • India

As with everything in Venice, it was a bit expensive compared to what you can get on Mestre. But putting that aside, I had a good time there and is definitely one of the better lodging choices if you want to stay in the Venice city centrre for a reasonable price.

Location is not close to train station but it is close to the ferry stop going to burano. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is packaged but excellent. I would recommend this given this price range.

It's ok for the money. Very difficult to find

• 23rd Sep 2014

The rooms were very big amd clean. We had 3 rooms. We liked the most room number 3 and 4. 4 was huge, number 3 was a little smaller but it had a grand piano there! The piano was acorded and we could play the piano whenever we want(almost. Not after 11pm). Its close to San Marco and relatively closely to dock. The stuff was nice and kind enough to let us keep the baggage after the checkout at them. Next time we will choose the same B

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Romania

The staffs are very simpatico, waiting for us with patience, serving breakfast very friendly. The place is so quiet and the room is much bigger than it was expected. And the restaurant and pizzeria surrounding are fantastic!

Fabio was extremely helpful with whatever we needed and the place itself is beautiful! Definitely coming back here again!

• 28th Aug 2014

Very small single room. No shelves to put the clothes. Water for shower has a very limited flow.

Phillip was always helpful and available. Excellent position across the road from the beach and restaurants. Would definately revisit

Thanks but my name is Fabio :)

We were only staying 1 night. We probably would have gotten more comfortable with more time but alas. The stairs are rough but most of Venice is really difficult with luggage. There is no air and you will be cautioned about leaving windows open because of mosquitoes. On the side: Staff are very ready to help with sightseeing suggestions and carrying things. Looks very much like someone's house so is nice and clean. I'd stay again but not for quick/cheap comfort more for rustic charm comfort

The hostel was pleasant and clean. The breakfast had a good variety and amount of food for a bunch of 23 year old Americans. The room was stuffy, hot and humid b/c of lack of air flow, since we had to leave the windows closed to keep mosquitoes out; but we had a fan that kept it tolerable. Favio was extremely helpful and polite. He gave us good advice on what to do in the city and let us leave our bags in the lobby after check out until late in the day. Good value for the price- I recommend.

Nice clean big room. Good location (close to a water bus stop) and a quiet safe area. Helpful staff. There is a kitchen but it can only be used for cooking if you are staying for a few nights. No bathmat or hand towel in the bathroom.

Our stay at Ca Barbaria was awesome and our room great! A massive room with an wide view to Venice. The hostel is really well located in a central part of the city and the staff really friendly. When me and my boyfriend had been in Venice he got really sick and Fabio gave us the maximum attention and went with me until the pharmacy to buy medicines to my boyfriend. Venice is beautiful but any trip when you get sick becomes stressful. If I come back I would stay in Ca Barbaria again.

• 25th Jul 2014

Room was extremely spacious and had it's own balcony overlooking Venice. Close to major attractions. Room had a fan, which was helpful. Breakfast was pretty good given the legal limitations.

Clean and super friendly. Great help and the breakfast getz you going, Great espressos!

• 18th Jul 2014

Nice location only 10 min walk from st. Marks and 5 to Rialto. Cheaper than most other opti

Nice place, very central and staff was helpful - lend me an umbrella so I could go sightseeing in the rain. My room was small but had everything I needed (comfy bed). Didn't try the breakfast as the person serving it overslept. But all in all good value for money, which is hard to find in Venice.

We enjoyed our stay at Ca' Barbaria and would be likely to return if we came back to Venice. Great coffee in the morning! The lower marks on security and facilities are because anyone could come into our room from one of the bathrooms via the balcony (there wasn't a problem while we were there, but it was a little weird) and because the water pressure in the shower is terrible. It's just because the pension is on the top floor, but it was pretty bad. But great location and charm!

• 1st Jul 2014