Ca' Barbaria Reviews

Castello 6668, Barbaria De Le Tole, Venice, Italy

I loved this hostel! Had a lovely stay, it's really something special with all the nice antique furniture - recommended 100 %!

• 20th Aug 2015

A nice clean, small B&B. It was very very quiet-you barely knew anyone was there! The guy working there was lovely and gave us some great tips on where to go and what to see which was really useful. The room was basic but this suited us as we were out all day. 10 mins to St marks sq (follow the signs though!) and less to the water bus stop. The breakfast was nice and simple. Overall a pleasant place to stay and I would recommend it for those looking for some where quiet to go back to.

Unfortunately Venice was very hot during my visit and the hotel was not ready to accommodate this temperature change as the hotel did not have Air conditioning and i was carrying two very heavy suitcases and there were a series of stairs that i had to go past before i reached the hotel lobby and this caused a lot of inconvenience.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • India

Staff was helpfull. They pointed out all the good spots to see and helped with public transport.

Breakfast was poor, only cheap packaged stuff. Due ot italian law said a sign in the house. But the rooms are great: really big. Ours had a piano in it.

The room I booked didn't fit our needs, but the staff was very helpful and arranged another room for a reasonable extra fee. Very good location. There are some stairs to climb. Two bathrooms, both with showers, but very poor water pressure.

When we I and my girlfriend arrived in hostel we were told that our room is not available. It was a bit unpleasant but staff have had already prepared for us whole private apartment in another location which was eventually even better close to the center + we had whole apartment for ourselves.

If you have a lot of luggage, do not stay here. It is nothing they can do, but there is no lift and they are very high up in the building. Out of all the B&B's I have stayed at in Italy, this is the only one that did not provide anything such as soap or a hair dryer. This was not worth my money. It seemed nicer in the descriptions and pictures than real life. If I come back to Venice, I will not be staying at this location.

you stayed just 1 night ! you will had best room i dindt anderstood what you aspected ! anyway the soap shampoo and hair dry i have in the bathroom !!!! than i think the photo and decreption is correct BE HONEST ! Thank you

Up some stairs with cases tricky. Expected CASH no credit card facility doh!

It was a very nice place to stay, the location was easy to find with google maps. The staff was very nice and helpful. They helped (my friends and i) to find another hostel to stay in Venice. The atmosphere was great and the rooms were clean. Overall is was a good value for the money!

• 15th Jul 2015

We enjoyed our stay here; however, there are two things that I would warn anyone staying here about. First, the breakfast that is served is all packaged food. Second, the mosquitoes in the rooms were horrible so that we couldn't sleep at night. I would definitely recommend bringing bug repellent!

Quiet, clean, and only 5-10 walk to San Marco Square. Great Wi-Fi connection, so good Skype connection for calls back home. Basic breakfast of coffee, pastry, cereal, yoghurt. Only a few rooms with 2 bathrooms and usually no one is around -- so you need to email ahead with your arrival time. Very conscientious about keeping the place clean and being there on your arrival. Difficult to meet other travelers, except maybe at breakfast. Good value, but 70 steps up to the guesthouse (no lift).

Really friendly staff, amazing room. Location was perfect, easy to get to from the airport and a quick walk from the centre.

• 22nd Jun 2015

It's not cheap but comparing with others in Venice, it's an acceptable price. We stayed in the double room which was quite large.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

Definitely would recommend this place! It´s close to all the action in Venice. Thanks for the map & tips. Very clean place. Thank you for helping with our luggage! I would definitely return!

Good location but quite a walk from the train station. Very spacious room and all facilities are clean! Lots of choice at breakfast, good wifi, wish we had stayed longer!

Wonderful location! Close to the heart of all the action in Venice. There are a lot of stairs to go up , so I do recommend packing light. We did not pack light, but the brothers at the hostel carried our suitcases up and down the stairs for us. We really appreciate it! They also let us store our luggage at the hostel during the day since our train was leaving at night. Also a very clean place... they clean the bathrooms daily and the rooms are clean and spacious. Breakfast is included

Good for a cheap stay in Venice. Be prepared for some steps! Try to get the room with the Grand piano!

We had a big triple room and it was up a lot of stairs. Location was fine, not in the main tourist areas but Venice is small so easy to walk anywhere. Breakfast was not great, just pre packaged food, would be better to go out for food. The guy that runs it is great, really helpful.

This is a great little B&B. Our host was amazing. Friendly and helpful. Location is good. Close to attractions but on a quiet st. Breakfast was smiple and filling. Shared baths were clean. Overall we very much enjoyed our stay. We were there only to shower and sleep. Venice the city kept us busy walking all day. This location does not offer much other than a bed and wifi.

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts