Ca' Contarini Reviews

San Marco-Accademia, 3025 Calle Dei Orbi, Venice, Veneto, Italy

Good location. Just a few blocks to catch boat transportation to anywhere in Venice. Definitely take boat 2 when you arrive. We did the mistake of taking boat 1 to get the long tour but then had to lug our luggage over the ramp (which is all steps). Only flaw I would say about this location was the shower, the water would leak outside the shower all over the restroom floor. The rooms are also a bit cold (even when it was warm out).

Nice hostel! Clean room (ensuiteproblemand clean linen and towels, good breakfast (croissant, crackers, bread, yogurt, juice, cheese, butter, jam and some nutella-like product). WiFi was only available at the reception, which was 20m from our room (different buildings), but I think that this isn't a problem as the reception is open 24h. The only negative remark is that I had to call to someone to check in as requested on a note left on the reception door. That does not happen all the time.

Overall it was a very nice place for a good price and would recommend it to a friend. We had a difficult time finding the place, but after rereading the directions several times we found it. Very close to the big attractions which made it easy to come and go from the room. The wifi did not work in our room, but that wasn't a major concern for us.

Very nice!! :D

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

In a perfect location! The host was very nice and understanding! The only complaints that I have are, the breakfast is around 7 to 8:30, and while I am sure that is perfect for some, my friend and I found it difficult to get up after experiencing the night life! Also, this is mostly due to the building being so old, but you could hear EVERYTHING going on in the building, and on the street. Lastly, the hot water lasted about 2 minutes! All in all it was a great stay, and I would recommend it!

They should explain better how find the hostel. I got some information in Hostelword but was hard find the place. I had to call and the staff doesnt speak a very clear English. But this things would not happen if they were clearer in their instructions.

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts