Ca Mignon Reviews

Campo Santi Apostoli, Cannaregio 4535, Venice, Italy

Booked a apartment for 5 people. Very very nice apartment. Wifi didn't work except living room. Only one washroom for 5-6 people sharing. The apartment was on 2nd floor. It was a hard job to take heavy luggage up/down the stairs. Also it was quite far away from the hotel reception which was very inconvenient. Although there's a water bus station nearby (directly to Burano/Murano), we couldn't take water bus there as we need to back to the reception to check in/out or hv breakfast(Charged).

10minute walk from the Rialto bridge and although it was down a narrow street, there was a huge hanging sign that led us straight to it! Great location, we had a warm welcome, very helpful staff as they were more than happy to map out routes for your days of sightseeing. A 20min walk through the lanes to St Marks Square. Room was lovely, nice sized bathroom with all the ammenties you would need. I would absolutely stay there again and look forward to it!!

• 6th Jun 2014

The hotel staff really are super friendly. The hotel is clean and breakfast is good. Being on the ground floor behind the front door, our room was a bit enclosed (no window to hang out from) and a bit noisy. But on the hole, very nice.

• 16th May 2014
  • Belgium

Many , many , many thanks to Alessandra , Ilenya and Flavio for making my first stay in Venice to be most memorable . Kinder people you will not meet in your travels . A special thanks to Alessandra for her recommendations to some great pizzeria's , for I am a pizza snob . Venice is a true gem bestowed upon this world . And my stay at Hotel Mignon couldn't have done better at introducing me to your wonderful city . Ecco a vedere tutti voi di nuovo in futuro .

Thanks for the warm welcome and the great help help

We enjoyed our stay at Ca Mignon. It was easy to find with the directions the hotel gave us. The staff were very welcoming and helpful showed us the local attractions on the made they provided,gave us information about transport (vaporetto) and even gave us suggestions of local restaurants. The only negative was that the wifi didn't work in our rooms - we needed to go downstairs in the lobby to access it.

Nice place to stay in Venice, excellent location, you can walk to most of the tourist attractions (15 min), its a few blocks away from Santa Lucia Station (8), and from the Rialto Bridge (4), the staff is very friendly and helpful, the internet its acceptable and we didn't had any inconvenience with the bandwidth, our room was decorated in a very classic venetian style (I prefer modern) but its a very confortable place to stay, pretty clean, the value for money could be better.

The hostel is clean, and a nice place to stay. We really enjoyed it. Kudos to the staff, especially Alexandra, who went out of her way to arrange an early breakfast for us on the day we left.

The hostel was very nice and clean. It looked more like a small hotel. It was nice and the price was right. I would use again in the future....

Our main complaint was that we came back one day and the cleaner had left our room open. The cleaners also left the windows open which allowed mosquitoes to come in each evening... and we had to do a cull before going to bed.

As a single woman traveling alone, I found Ca Mignon excellent! The staff was incredibly helpful and very respectful, the accommodation was clean and I felt very safe. With the exceptionally hot weather the air conditioning was welcome. As for the location, it was so easy to go anywhere in Venice!

• 29th Jul 2013

Everything is perfect, except the wifi and the stairs, but the staff was very helpful with our heavy luggages

The place was great. Not too hard to find. The staff were very helpful with directions to local restaurants.

• 20th Jul 2013

The perfect place for the perfect city. It is actually a hotel! Super clean! incredible breakfast (not included), nice staff, close to the Rialto Bridge, wifi and spacious. I am definitely coming back

Ca Mignon was a pleasant surprise. Honestly, it felt like we were staying in a hotel (because we were!). This place is part hotel and part hostel, although every room feels like its treated as a hotel. We returned to our room with fresh towels and a made up bed. The hostel was centralized in Venice, so it was easy to get from one area to another. Overall, there are no complaints. The value of this place is unbeatable.

Staff were very friendly and helpful - the man on the desk even helped me to find "the most beautiful bookshop in the world" from on my very sketchy description based on my last trip to Venice. Central location, easy to find.

Had to pay city tax in cash, which is understandable, but this wasn't mentioned upon check-in, nor at any other point prior to my early-morning departure. The amount was also more than had been outlined in my online reservation. Otherwise, I had a pleasant stay in a great location in Venice.

This is a small hotel, and not a hostel. Ca Mignon offered a comfortable and clean stay. As space is limited in Venice, do expect smaller rooms, especially if you choose a small private room like me.

Good hotel. breakfast was good. nice small cozy, old hotel. location is very couple of minutes of walks to the heart of Venice.

I think they don't know what is a read double bed, when we arrived there they proposed us to join 2 single beds to make a double one. I refused and they moved us to another place (a bigger room) with a double bed (at first view) but it was finally 2 single bed ... again ... well the room wasn't very nice but big. I feel like you need to pay more than 300€ euros a night to have a real nice room, 150€ is not enough for sure in Venecia...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4