Ca' Venezia Reviews

3271 Castello, Calle dei Furlani, Venice, Italy

1.- Ca' Venezia ya no existe como hostal... 2.- Me llevaron a un segundo hostal donde un señor muy desagradable me atendió para cobrarme... 3.- Me llevaron a un tercer hostal en donde estaría mi cama y las personas que me llevaron no sabían donde estaba y dimos vuelta durante 1 hora por las calles con las maletas perdiendo la hora de luz que quedaba. 3.- Caro, poco agradable, algo sucio, etc. 4.- Sólo un dependiente del tercer hostal fue agradable. PESIMO HOSTAL, no lo usen!

The location is really close to Arsenale or Giardini della Biennale, and also to S.Marco. The second night I was alone in my room, so it was more like a hotel for me. Staff polite. I would come back.

• 21st Nov 2014

Much steps to get into the rooms!

• 4th Nov 2014

it was really cheap, but just cheap. I didn't feel good when I stayed this hostel.

This hostel is a good hostel for structure, but the receptionist is too grump and didn't have one smile in 2 days I passed there, of course people don't need smile and have fun, but for work with service of people need to like of this job, and definitely this personal doesn't like So never I back there!

Good hostel near central square. Staff was very helpful and polite. Only one negative was that that our room couldn't be locked. Despite this we had really nice time in Venice. I would stay in this hostel again.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Slovakia

Ca Venezia is perhaps the BEST hostel we have been too. The place is excellent. The rooms are clean. The most special thing about the place is the staff. Everybody is courteous specially Mr. Anwar. Very accommodating, very patient with our concerns. He even went out of his way to carry our luggage. Our stay was hassle free.... Would like to go back here on February.....

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Philippines
  • Couple, 41+

Friendly staff, good location and good to have different rooms for girls and boys

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Norway

The lack of lockers is a bit disturbing. And they should fix the issue with Wifi connection upstairs. Everything else is great.

There was one bathroom with toilet and shower in it for about 10 girls. I swear I got bed bugs from this place. And the staff neither speaks good Italian or English. It was extremely difficult to communicate with them. Otherwise, I felt safe and it seemed clean, minus the bed bugs. No lockers here either, FYI. But bedroom doors lock so if you trust your roomies, you're good. I'm not that picky and this place was pushing unacceptable.

Really too expensive for what if offers. The worst thing: just one bathroom for 2 dorms! And a random internet connection, most of the time out of use. The location is not too bad, but just for Arsenale, otherwise is far from everything.

MARTINA YOU WAS 6 PERSON SHARING ROOM AND YOU PAY 30 EURO. IT IS EXPENSIVE FOR YOU ??? BE-FOUR BOOKING THINK ABOUT THE PRICE . THANK YOU .

Thanks for letting us stay, even we had booked the wrong dates.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Main issue was the security: no safe in the rooms. Staff were really helpful and we were shown a walking tour by the hostel owner to see the best bits of Venice. Good facilities and good location. Didn't meet anyone else from the hostel and it was quite expensive. Overall an enjoyable stay, though.

Internet is really good - I think they've updated it since an earlier comment. It looks pretty scary from the outside, but it's fine inside.

• 4th Sep 2014

Apart from the location of the hostel that must have been the best in Venice, the overall experience was slightly lacking. The fact there were no lockers was unacceptable and the whole place felt a bit rundown. The welcome was very friendly and I have no complaints about the staff, yet for the price I would expect slightly better facilities.

Not very clean, staff not efficient, location is good.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR GOOD REVIEW. YOU BOOKED A 8 PERSON SHARING ROOM. WHAT YOU THROW IN THE FLOWER ( ROOM ) , OTHER PEOPLE AL SO DO IT . WE CLEAN EVERY MORNING , NOT EVERY HOUR. LOOK AT OTHER REVIEWS, WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT STAFF?

Not bad and not good.

We were greeted by the very helpful hostel owner giving us tips on where to go in Venice, supplying both citywide and local maps. Unfortunately, the room was not of the same standard compared to other hostels. The bathroom suffered from damp and the smell lured into the adjoined kitchen/diner through a six inch gap at the bottom of the door. The kitchen was fairly grotty however the bedroom was of a fair standard. For those staying, don't walk from the train station, it takes over an hour!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

the hostel was clean, but no wifi in the bedroom, had to go down in the courtyard. also the bed is made of a matress, a sheet and then the wooden (and scratching) blanket straight on your skin... the guy is nice and helpfull.

• 16th Aug 2014

Because each dorm had its own kitchen and living room, and there weren't any common areas, so there wasn't much opportunity to socialize. However, there were very few options in Venice within our price range.

• 8th Aug 2014