Ca' Venezia Reviews

3271 Castello, Calle dei Furlani, Venice, Italy

I have about 15 mosquito bites on one arm because this place is infested with them. Either you leave the windows open and get destroyed or you close them and die of heat stroke. There was an air conditioner inside the room but the second the owner saw we were using it he wheeled it out of the room. I will never return here again and pray no one else does.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Positives: rooms were nice, decent size and clean. Negatives: very hard to find. Make sure you put down the correct arrival time because that's the only time the owner will be there. I arrived early and had to wait an hour to be let in by anyone. Staff are never there, never really saw any other guests either. More like an apartment than a hostel.

Amran was so nice and helpful! As soon as we walked in the door he took out a map and circled all the places he recommended we visit. So great to have such friendly staff! He joked with us and helped carry our bags upstairs. The beds were comfortable and there was a living area and kitchenette available. The only issue I had was that there were mosquitoes absolutely everywhere! Our roommate left the windows open all night and in the morning we were covered with bites. Wear long sleeves to bed.

• 15th Aug 2015

Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Party, Drink , Smoking

• 13th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

WONHO JUNG, FOR PARTY , DRINK, SMOKING, YOU SHOUD BE GO IN DISCO . OUR HOSTEL IS VENICE , PEOPLE COME IN HOSTEL NOT FOR PARTY , SMOKING AND DRIKING, IF YOU THINK HOSTEL IS A PARTY PLACE , HOSTELS IS NOT FOR YOU . SOME HOSTELS THEY HAVE PARTY PLACE BUT THERE IS NO HOSTELS IN VENICE . THANK YOU FOR YOUR GOOD REVIEW. THANKS THANKS AND THANKS.

Good hostel in a good location to explore Venice, and great value. Would recommend. There was also AC which was great - the only downside is that the AC flooded the room with water every night, which was a minor annoyance.

• 8th Aug 2015

Wonderful hostel with amazing staff. Only complaint is the bathrooms. No hand-soap and the shower barely worked.

My staying in Ca' Venezia was absolutely unforgettable. The hostel is located in Castello from where you can easily walk to San Marco Piazza. There're about 4 waterbus stations located in that region, so it's possible to go everywhere in the island. Staffs are friendly and kind, they helped me a lot. However,the uilding is rather old and there's no locker in the rooms, but I didn't have problems with that. There's a kitchen where you can cook with all the facilities.

Reading the other reviews i was very worried about my stay here, but it was amazing! We had an apartment which was clean and spacious, my only problem was that the air con didnt work and that there were 2 bathrooms for 24 people, other than that we had a great stay here!

If you like to meet new people this is the perfect place. The hostal is regular but it's worth what you pay.

Great little place located in a good part of the city. Room was very quaint with a decent bathroom, full kitchen, and AC in the room. Not great for meeting loads of people outside of those in your room tho. The receptionist was very friendly but also very impersonal. Almost as if he was just reading off a script. Only about 7 min walk to S. Marcos square and waterbus station only 4 min away when you know the route. Directions to the hostel were confusing but finding anything in Venice is hard!

Very basic with more of an apartment feel than anything else. Great location and small kitchen that is suited for a big group. The owner was very helpful!

This hostel was by far the worst I've ever stayed at. It was absolutely filthy. The bathroom was not cleaned the entire time we stayed there, even though the single shower for 10+ people was clogged with hair. The sheets and bedding were stained and yellowed. The kitchen was filthy as the fridge had the worst smell I've ever experienced.. The floors were flithy I would never want to leave my bed without shoes. Overall, we felt EXTREMELY uncomfortable being there.

• 13th Jul 2015

The hostel wasn't as clean as it could have been. The floors were a bit dirty but the beds were clean.

• 11th Jul 2015

When I checked in, the staff member short changed me. This seems to have been deliberate because when I commented that to him that he short changed me, he immediately knew what I meant and gave me the change. Plus, had to wait 20 minutes to check in because the staff was on a coffee break. I was trying to check in at 7pm

overall place was very nice. room had two fans which is nice in July! bathroom was big but the toilet lid would slam shut randomly and very loudly. hosts were very nice and had great directions to everything in Venice!

Need to have AC and some of us didn't bring cash enough and will need have creat card for yourself.

• 7th Jul 2015

We had to cancel our booking to this hostel which was supported by hostel world dur to no longer going. However when we called the host to inform our cancellation had been approved by hostel world, he continued to swear at my partner and I on the phone and be very rude. We were just a few hours outside of the cancellation time due to limited phone network and Internet in the Alps. The managers attitude towards our cancellation has put us of from ever staying at that hostel if were to go Venice.

• 7th Jul 2015

Stayed 1 night here and the hostel is fine for the price you pay, but there are some flaws which should not be very hard to fix. We got the top room which was nice, but the air condition did not work, so it was a sweaty night. The lock on the door did not work either, and there was no lockers, so security against other hostel guests was not good (there is a lock on the front door of the hostel). The staff was friendly and gave good recommendations on arrival.

We got the very top room and thankfully it had air conditioning! Our room didn't really lock and there weren't any lockers but the people on our floor were all really cool so we felt safe. The hostel manager guy is awesome too! Very friendly

You didn't have Duvet covers and it really bothered some of my friends. I don't think it'd be too much of a hassle to pick up a few and it'd really make the stay a lot better.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5