Ca' Venezia Reviews

3271 Castello, Calle dei Furlani, Venice, Italy

I ended up having to cancel my reservation and I was too late to do it through hostelworld! I called and the owner/worker helped me a ton and talked to hostelworld and helped me cancel my reservation!!

I didn't enjoy my stay at this place, the bedlinen was full of stains, one staff member didn't behave in a very professional way with the female guests and the garden which you can see on the photos is not part of the hostel but the neighbor's. I don't recommend this place.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Austria

It is a good value for the price since everything else inside Venice it's very expensive. Nevertheless it was not great and it was costly compared to other cities. It is more like an apartment that you rent with strangers, not a hostel.

All about the location!

Have to climb some stairs to the hostel. Very nice host, welcoming and friendly. Nice rooftop (only open for some hours).

Not your typical hostel atmosphere. But still a good hostel. Owner is a great host, all the staff are helpful and friendly. Location is great, short walk to St Mark's Square, and a supermarket nearby. No lockers in the hostel, so storing your valuable items might be a problem. For the amount of money spent, I expected more, but again, Venice is an espensive tourist destination, all around.

one of the most expensive hostels i have stayed. not sure how it is worth 35 euros a night for a 6 bed dorm. its a 40 minutes walk from the train station. it does have a nice kitchen and shower. could only keep my luggage after check out till 4pm.

Very expensive for what you get. Simple accommodations. They don't even provide sheets and didn't tell us that so we found out when we went to bed. The staff were kind of rude and we had to pay an extra 6 euro tax even though Hostel World showed the exact amount we should have owed and specifically said that it included all taxes. The guy checking me in was a bit rude when I pointed this out so I just paid it to avoid more problems. it was better than my first Venice hostel but not by much.

Nice staff and nice rooms. Made some great friends there and everyone was so nice. The main dude (blanking on his name right now) was so warm and welcoming and helpful. He was funny and helped us figure out how to jump right into Venice. Also, the location literally cannot be beat, especially at these prices! I would definitely stay here again in the future!

Great, quiet spot in Venice. superb host!

The staff was helpful and the room was nice. Unfortunately, three guests in an adjoining room chose to spend the night walking through my room, talking loudly, turning on lights, and leaving the hall to the door open.

Amran was very helpful when we checked in with suggestions for what to see and do in Venice. His attitude is amazing and the rooms were clean and tidy. The stairs are quite tough if you have a lot of luggage (its about 2-3 flights) but otherwise had a great stay.

First of all, thank you Amran for being so acommodating and upgrading us from a 6 bed dorm to a 4 dorm with a view. Since there was 4 of us this was very neat. Second, well, I must say that his suggestions about food or places to eat/drink were rubbish. Specially that place Vittorio's at the grand canal. This happens often, when people don't actually eat at those places but are still willing to point them out to tourists. The showers and wc need to be tended more often.

Due to unforseen circumstances, we had to email to cancel our booking a bit late and recieved back an agressive and rude email.

I tried to cancel about a week before I came but was just passed back and forth between the hostel and hostelworld neither of which would let Me cancel and wanted me to speak to the other one therefore I did not cancel even though I tried in plenty of time before I was supposed to stay!! Not very happy about it

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

There a charge 20 euro of check after 11pm.

I traveled with my mom and to be honest, I was very pleased with the facilities and the staff. The room was very clean. The bathroom was shared, but it had the basic supplies. The staff was incredibly helpful, extremely nice, and very welcoming. Finding the place was fairly easy and the location is just great (only a couple minutes from "San Marco square")

Staff was very unfriendly. Facilities are very Basic. Paying for late check in is stupid! However, I guess the Standard of hostels in Venice is Overall not good compared to other destinations.

The bathroom was dirty and stunk. The bed was hurting my back, it turned out to be missing supporting boards and a leg, it was bending, when it broke fully, I was ordered to pay 150€ or they would charge 'even more' to my card. After two screaming matches with employees and not able to talk to the owner, one of the employees told me he was the owner... I was set up, extorted, lied to and insulted by these people. I can only recommend you AVOID THIS HOSTEL!

This is a solid place to stay. It isn't exactly centrally located, but it's pretty close to where all the tourist stuff is, and on the island of Venice itself you're never too far from anything. The only thing this place needs to have a "good atmosphere" is a willingness on your part to meet your fellow guests, so don't be afraid to be chatty, even if you're just sitting in the kitchen watching someone make tea! If you want a hostel in Venice, this is the place!