Ca' Venezia Reviews

3271 Castello, Calle dei Furlani, Venice, Italy

If there would be less beds - and no bunk beds - in the room on the 4th floor room, it would have been even better. It was a bit crowded and by lack of a 'lounge room' the only place to sit was on the terrace - which had a fenominal view. But still, when the terrace closes after 10pm, there's nowhere to go except outside, or to bed. Further, bunk beds are only acceptable at a low price, so therefore I found this hostel relatively expensive. Just one bathroom was not enough.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Location is very good. Facilities are barely average and there is absolutely no common place where you could meet some of the other guests.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

The facilities are over used and uncared for. One bathroom for many people is not ok. The toilet was clogged for an afternoon, the kitchen not routinely cleaned, the walls unfinished and thin. The odor was rancid. Please hire a full or daily part time individual to devote their lives to cleaning this facility. I will highly unrecommend this place to future individuals. This was a disappointingly expensive experience.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR GOOD REVIEWS . FOR YOUR KIND INFORMATION , YOU BOOKED A 6 PERSON SHARING ROOM , SO THIS SHARING ROOM WITH W/C AND KITCHEN . SO IF YOU LIKE YOU PRIVATE W/C BOOKED A PRIVATE ROOM NOT A SHARING ROOM. AND KITCHEN IS ALL READY WRITE , IF YOU USED ANY THING YOU SHOULD BE WASH IT, DO YOU WASH YOU PLATE BEFORE LEAVING ? THANK YOU AGAIN.

Horrible Hostel! Although nicely located, the staff is very unfriendly, no common area in the facilities, terrace closed at 23:00, so after that time, you had nothing more to do in the hostel, in a city with no nightlife. Ridiculous atmosphere, only old people in our room, nothing against that, but it's definitely not what I expect from a hostel. If you're travelling alone, stay away.

Although the hostel location was pretty good, as well as the beds, we were assigned a very small room for 5 people with very little ventilation. Staff was ok but they could have been more helpful. Also, the electricity plugs were not enough in the room for all of us.

• 31st May 2014
  • Colombia

Hostel was fine, met cool people and the owner was very nice. Kitchen table and area to hang out in in apartment-style room was convenient. No lockers though, and locks on doors to rooms didn't really work

Great hostel for the price, the staff were awesome, the place was beautiful. It was everything we needed.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

I don't know how this place got such poor reviews. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are really nice, and the view from the roof is awesome. We had a group of 5 and had one upstairs room to ourselves. Had a nice kitchen and bathroom. I'd recommend it.

Never have I been more tempted to bring a flame thrower to a Hostel before, and no it's not because I have a mental deficiency, it's mainly because this place (in the hotter months) becomes the hottest mosquito club north of the equator, and you will need to pay off those mosquito bouncers to not get bitten. I advise anyone staying here to bring a hazmat suit, or go to the mosquito embassy and ask for mercy, as these guys will show absolutely none to your virgin skin. Otherwise it's alright.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Good location, 5 -10 mins form San Marco water bus station, not very difficult to find if you follow the direction provide :P Free map was provided! The host, Amran, was sweet and friendly :) He told us all the place we can visit in Venice. The room was clean and tidy, and there was a kitchen in the room, really enjoyed the stay there.

Great location and cheapest place we found in a good spot. Felt a little run down, but it never felt dirty. There was a problem with our booking at first, we were put in a female only dorm when we're a couple but this was easily fixed. Comfy beds and useful kitchen if you're trying to save money in an expensive city. Overall, not bad but not amazing.

Very good location and owner, Amran, was very helpful with things to do in Venice. Great value for money as far as Venice goes!

This was a great hostel to stay at. Very clean, comfortable beds and a short walk from Saint Marco's square. the only negative aspect to this hostel is that there was not really a place to hang out, and meet fellow travelers. The cost is about average for a hostel in Venezia.

I don't know if there's such a thing as a good location in Venice, but this hostel, once it is found, is easy enough to remember and "re-find". I didn't really like anything else about this hostel, and for the price that I paid, I expect to find more sockets in the room and reading lights, or decent AC, or SOMETHING beyond the basics. The shower was broken midway into my stay, but I guess that's not the staff's fault.

Good choice for location, safety and clean. The host is friendly and warm.

Liked everything, but having my property moved without prior notice due to an unexpected room cleaning. Host was very helpful in providing a list of things to see in the city.

It is 800m from the nearest water bus station, not too close for pulling your baggage. WiFi is free, but hardly usable when you are in en-suite building (they have two buildings) due to low coverage.

• 16th May 2014
  • Vietnam

this hotel likes home, the host is very very very friendly!! if i go to venice again, i will live here again. and the price is very reasonable! also location is well!

THE OWNER IS ENTHUSIASTIC. HE TOLD US ALL POPULAR VIEWS VERY DETAIL. THE LOCATION IS NOT GOOD WHICH QUITE FAR AWAY OF THE TRAIN STATION. BUT IF U TAKE THE WATER BUS AND NOT LOST,IT TAKES FEW MINUTES TO GET THERE. NOT MUCH COMMON AREA BUT THE ROOFTOP VIEW IS BEAUTIFUL.

Loved that we had the whole floor to ourselves as well easy access to the rooftop terrace. My bed under the window had a great view of the city. Didn't like that I had to climb up 5 flights of stairs as there was no elevator but the walk was ok. Kitchen was a little small but other than that, the place was awesome.