Ca' Venezia Reviews

3271 Castello, Calle dei Furlani, Venice, Italy

Staff was very unfriendly. Facilities are very Basic. Paying for late check in is stupid! However, I guess the Standard of hostels in Venice is Overall not good compared to other destinations.

The bathroom was dirty and stunk. The bed was hurting my back, it turned out to be missing supporting boards and a leg, it was bending, when it broke fully, I was ordered to pay 150€ or they would charge 'even more' to my card. After two screaming matches with employees and not able to talk to the owner, one of the employees told me he was the owner... I was set up, extorted, lied to and insulted by these people. I can only recommend you AVOID THIS HOSTEL!

This is a solid place to stay. It isn't exactly centrally located, but it's pretty close to where all the tourist stuff is, and on the island of Venice itself you're never too far from anything. The only thing this place needs to have a "good atmosphere" is a willingness on your part to meet your fellow guests, so don't be afraid to be chatty, even if you're just sitting in the kitchen watching someone make tea! If you want a hostel in Venice, this is the place!

Arman was really nice and the location was great. But it was incredibly hot and mosquitos haunted us all night. I would probably stay elsewhere with air conditioning next time I visit Venice.

The staff is quite rude. While checking in, he was quite impatient. The wifi signal is so bad. We could not be able to connect to the wifi for most of the time. Bed and the blanket are dirty. You can see the dirty spot on the blanket. It looks like the urine or blood in some place. The location is quite far. You almost cross the whole Venice to get there. This hostel is the worst one while we were travelling in the Europe. The experience there was quite pathetic.

The owner Amran will show you everything you need to do in Venice. Everything from how to take a water bus ( which tickets to buy ), which attractions to go to, even the route in, out and around the city. The hostel is situated near a supermarket so, you know what to do. Nice bathrooms and rooms in general, only gripe would be the wi-fi being slow at times.

The staff should be more gental and the room's floor was very dirty. I dont recommend this hostel.

Very well located but the bathrooms were disgusting.

To sum up: The location was really good! But, a part of that, considering the price, I was expecting more! Pros: Comfortable Beds, Location Cons: There was no safe place to store the luggage, a bit dirty, staff not much attentive.

• 29th May 2015

We wanted to change our reservation from a 4 bed mixed dorm to a private room for two and the staff made some adjustments to accommodate us. He was very nice and our room looked onto a garden. I was very happy.

I think the price and what the hostel can offer are limited by its location.

As the only budget alternative in Venice, it's really nice. Takes a bit of a walk to get to, so look up the directions carefully! Though, that's mostly because Venice is a maze. The staff is supernice and helpful and the place is clean with good necessities.

Bathrooms were gross, beds held together by duct-tape, sheets were gross...didn't even touch the comforter, overall just dingy and gross.

Very basic hostel. Not a good place to meet people, there aren't good places to hang out and get to know people. Staff were not very helpful or friendly. It was clean, and while security wasn't top notch, I didn't feel unsafe. No possibilities for breakfast. I was taking an overnight train the day I left, and their policy is that you must pick up baggage by 4pm, which was frustrating. Not as close to the main part of Venice as they imply (though nothing is very far). No elevator.

The hostel has no atmosphere, the price is a lot compared to what you get. If you arrive late, the owner charges you extra money.

• 20th May 2015
  • Chile

Very friendly staff and great facilities like the kitchen and washing machine. Not too much security wise other than locking the room door. Somewhat of a hike from the main train station sadly, but it was fairly close to the more touristy sites which was a plus. For the one night we stayed here it was worth it.

Staff were cordial but not super helpful. Facilities were nice--included kitchenette and dishes so you could cook if you wanted. Lovely view out the window. Somewhat expensive for what it included compared to other cities but Venice is generally more expensive of a city.

This hostel is right next to Piazza San Marco! The hostel itself was very quaint and sweet and my friend and I greatly enjoyed our stay!

The beds had blood stains and there was a cockroach

Overall a good experience. Amran was very helpful and a warm personality to welcome us to his hostel. Only stayed one night but didn't have any real problems.

• 12th May 2015