Ca' Venezia Reviews

3271 Castello, Calle dei Furlani, Venice, Italy

Great, quiet spot in Venice. superb host!

The staff was helpful and the room was nice. Unfortunately, three guests in an adjoining room chose to spend the night walking through my room, talking loudly, turning on lights, and leaving the hall to the door open.

Amran was very helpful when we checked in with suggestions for what to see and do in Venice. His attitude is amazing and the rooms were clean and tidy. The stairs are quite tough if you have a lot of luggage (its about 2-3 flights) but otherwise had a great stay.

First of all, thank you Amran for being so acommodating and upgrading us from a 6 bed dorm to a 4 dorm with a view. Since there was 4 of us this was very neat. Second, well, I must say that his suggestions about food or places to eat/drink were rubbish. Specially that place Vittorio's at the grand canal. This happens often, when people don't actually eat at those places but are still willing to point them out to tourists. The showers and wc need to be tended more often.

Due to unforseen circumstances, we had to email to cancel our booking a bit late and recieved back an agressive and rude email.

I tried to cancel about a week before I came but was just passed back and forth between the hostel and hostelworld neither of which would let Me cancel and wanted me to speak to the other one therefore I did not cancel even though I tried in plenty of time before I was supposed to stay!! Not very happy about it

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

There a charge 20 euro of check after 11pm.

I traveled with my mom and to be honest, I was very pleased with the facilities and the staff. The room was very clean. The bathroom was shared, but it had the basic supplies. The staff was incredibly helpful, extremely nice, and very welcoming. Finding the place was fairly easy and the location is just great (only a couple minutes from "San Marco square")

Staff was very unfriendly. Facilities are very Basic. Paying for late check in is stupid! However, I guess the Standard of hostels in Venice is Overall not good compared to other destinations.

The bathroom was dirty and stunk. The bed was hurting my back, it turned out to be missing supporting boards and a leg, it was bending, when it broke fully, I was ordered to pay 150€ or they would charge 'even more' to my card. After two screaming matches with employees and not able to talk to the owner, one of the employees told me he was the owner... I was set up, extorted, lied to and insulted by these people. I can only recommend you AVOID THIS HOSTEL!

This is a solid place to stay. It isn't exactly centrally located, but it's pretty close to where all the tourist stuff is, and on the island of Venice itself you're never too far from anything. The only thing this place needs to have a "good atmosphere" is a willingness on your part to meet your fellow guests, so don't be afraid to be chatty, even if you're just sitting in the kitchen watching someone make tea! If you want a hostel in Venice, this is the place!

Arman was really nice and the location was great. But it was incredibly hot and mosquitos haunted us all night. I would probably stay elsewhere with air conditioning next time I visit Venice.

The staff is quite rude. While checking in, he was quite impatient. The wifi signal is so bad. We could not be able to connect to the wifi for most of the time. Bed and the blanket are dirty. You can see the dirty spot on the blanket. It looks like the urine or blood in some place. The location is quite far. You almost cross the whole Venice to get there. This hostel is the worst one while we were travelling in the Europe. The experience there was quite pathetic.

The owner Amran will show you everything you need to do in Venice. Everything from how to take a water bus ( which tickets to buy ), which attractions to go to, even the route in, out and around the city. The hostel is situated near a supermarket so, you know what to do. Nice bathrooms and rooms in general, only gripe would be the wi-fi being slow at times.

The staff should be more gental and the room's floor was very dirty. I dont recommend this hostel.

Very well located but the bathrooms were disgusting.

To sum up: The location was really good! But, a part of that, considering the price, I was expecting more! Pros: Comfortable Beds, Location Cons: There was no safe place to store the luggage, a bit dirty, staff not much attentive.

• 29th May 2015

We wanted to change our reservation from a 4 bed mixed dorm to a private room for two and the staff made some adjustments to accommodate us. He was very nice and our room looked onto a garden. I was very happy.

I think the price and what the hostel can offer are limited by its location.

As the only budget alternative in Venice, it's really nice. Takes a bit of a walk to get to, so look up the directions carefully! Though, that's mostly because Venice is a maze. The staff is supernice and helpful and the place is clean with good necessities.