Caballo Loco Hostel Reviews

Gutierrez Ruiz 1287, Montevideo, Uruguay

I LOVE this hostel, I feel like I could live there and did not want to leave! It's obvious that the owners and staff care deeply about their project,and from the first moment I walked in the door I felt at home.The beds are new and comfy, the atmostphere is friendly, bathrooms and kitchen excellent, but what sets this hostel apart is the sheer warmth of the staff, who shared their dinner with me and explained in detail (and as if they hadn't said it 1000x already) what to do in the city.100%!

I did not feel safe because you could not lock the room and I had the idea that anyone could easily walk inside the hotel. The rooms were very cold, but luckily there was a heater in the room they switched on when you asked for it. The rooms were a bit poor and the beds unstable. The expectacions were high because of the rate that this hostel has but unfortunately not lived up to.

• 6th Jul 2015

they weren't great with recommendations, but they had took care of finances well.

Cool hostel good location

Great hostel, clean with a fab design on the big wall. Good kitchen and dining area, play room with pool table, courtyard. Nice dorms. Hostels in a great location and nice English speaking staff, only thing I would say is that there's only one girls bathroom with 2 showers and 2 toilets so if the hostels full it would be a problem.