Caballo Loco Hostel Reviews

Gutierrez Ruiz 1287, Montevideo, Uruguay

I booked this hostel by a recommendation of a friend, but I didn't like the atmosphere at all. This hostel has a very few number of bathroom facilities. They should offer an event's schedule for spending the night there.

When we went there at the end of the season the place was pretty empty, but I can imagine that when it's busier it has a good atmosphere, with a large open plan communal area with pool table. All of the facilities seem brand new (comfortable beds!) though more bathrooms would be ideal. The hostel is a short walk from the historic centre and makes a good base to explore Montevideo. I'd stay again if I was in town.

Hostel Located in the heart of the old city. Walking distance to main attraction points (10 to 20 mins). Easy to find, if you search for the number, cause the sign plate is very small above the door. Common area, OK and kitchen as well. Staff in the morning very helpful. The girls in the night not so much. Bathroom small. I guess if the hostel is full. it would be complicated. Not so clean as well. Overall an OK location.

Very decent hostel. Helpful staff! Clean and also good to meet people. Can definitely recommend it!

This hostel was nice and comfortable. It wasn't really like what it said in the reviews though. I didn't meet a lot of people and the environment was a bit boring (but not the hostels fault). The male staff members were helpful, but the female staff weren't very friendly to me. The facilities at this hostel are nice, lots of places to sit and big kitchen. There were a lack of power points though. Overall a good hotel, I recommend it.

It has only been open for about 5 months and is already falling apart a bit with locker doors, taps and hooks all looking as if they won't last the Winter however it is new and it makes the world of difference if you staying in hostels for an extended time. Mattress's and linen are all basically brand new, kitchen utensils are well stocked and the dirt other hostels tend to have has not yet been ingrained in every corner just yet. The building is incredible and we enjoyed our stay, would recomm

Nice and helpful staff. They explain and describe you everything during checkin and can arrange things like airport shuttles. The kitchen is very well equiped and clean. Breakfast is uruguayan standard and nice. The rooms have cozy and stable beds. Lockers are in the rooms. In the big and open chill area we met nice people and had a good time with a beautiful atmosphere. from outside the hostel entrance is very inconspicuous. We first ran past..... ;)

Fantastic hostel with very helpful staff. Walking distance from the centre. Highly recommended.

Great hostel! The staff is suuuuuper friendly! Thanks you guys!

It was in a great location and the staff were very helpful! I would definitely stay there again.

1 2 Next » last »