Caballo Loco Hostel Reviews

Gutierrez Ruiz 1287, Montevideo, Uruguay

Beautiful building with wonderful facilities. The two guys that work there are also great and helpful!

Male staff very friendly, female not so much. Good position (next to plaza cagancha) and clean dorm rooms. Atmosphere wasn't fantastic, the hostel mostly seemed empty.

Unfortunately there were only two others staying in the hostel at the time I was there due to off-season. But the staff is great and helps you with everyhing.

Very very good

• 22nd May 2014

Nice, clean and friendly place. Would return, for sure

• 12th May 2014
  • Russia

I booked this hostel by a recommendation of a friend, but I didn't like the atmosphere at all. This hostel has a very few number of bathroom facilities. They should offer an event's schedule for spending the night there.

When we went there at the end of the season the place was pretty empty, but I can imagine that when it's busier it has a good atmosphere, with a large open plan communal area with pool table. All of the facilities seem brand new (comfortable beds!) though more bathrooms would be ideal. The hostel is a short walk from the historic centre and makes a good base to explore Montevideo. I'd stay again if I was in town.

1 2 Next » last »