CabanaCopa Hostel Reviews

Travessa Guimarães Natal, 12, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Absolutely superb hostel which made my experience in Rio special. Friendly staff, perfect location and a very lively atmosphere. I would strongly recommend this place to anyone.

The key didn't work when I arrived in the night then I had to sleep in the sofa cause the security guy couldn't solve the problem, besides this I really love this hostel and totally can come back including New Years if wasn't cheap haha

• 28th Nov 2014

Great location with amazing Staff who will help you to fully understand and get to know the city. Great atmosphere from the moment you walk in. More suitable for a semi-younger crowd. Every night there are other evening activities. I recommend the street party in Lapa on friday, the Favela party on Sunday and the boat party on monday.

Very unhelpful providing poor service, my sheets were stolen on the first night and then no staff member was willing to replace them so the nights were uncorfortable and cold and then at checkout they tried to charge extra for missing sheets even after I had told them before they had been taken.

• 22nd Nov 2014

They are really unorganized in this hostel. They changed our bed about 3 times, we would go out for the day and when we came back someone was with our bed. Even after they put name tags they still lost tracks of which bed belongs to which one (because happens more than one day). The AC stop working and the room was really hot, specially in the corner on the top bed. One girl said her money was missing so the owner come to our room and was really unpolite!! Good breakfast and location!

This hostel is double the price of other hostels but is really filthy and the rooms are very dark and cramped. There is not a great atmosphere and the staff could be a lot friendlier. It's not a hostel id recommend, if others are available you will get more for your money.

Not worth the money , way too expensive for the same facilities that other hostels charge half the price.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Israel

The guy in the morning who works with the big pretty eyes and good hair is the nicest guy he speaks Spanish very well too!! He was the niceest one in my eyes !! The hostel was fun and a ton of cool people !! I would stay again

• 17th Nov 2014

Very nice people, good staff, always helping. Thanks a lot! Marius from Canada

Staff aren't really helpful or friendly but its a great place to meet people

Awesome party atmosphere for the weekend, met some cool people here and staff were the most helpful we've come across, helped us book Kings of Leon/Paramore tickets and had helpful advice about the area. Cool park next door with little monkeys to see (be careful they dont steal your stuff!) Copacabana v close along with bus stop and metro. Recommended to stay here! however, there is a kindergarten next door so during the week maybe not so much as it's noisy. Also reception plays music from 8am

Good Value for money, but the breakfast was just average and made my stomach feel sick...

I've travelled all over the world and never had a problem with a hostel but have never been at a hostel as unhelpful as this. The staff couldn't care less about you unless you are booking their ridiculously overpriced tours (R$140 for a ticket to maracana when they are R$30 on the door). They told us wrong buses, timings and locations. It's very overpriced and the dorms are very cramped. I think they are living off their reputation and I would strongly recommend staying elsewhere.

Breakfast was average in my opinion. I have learnt to bring somethings like cereal to places in future to make it fulfilling. Got to look after yourself. Quite social in a party sense in the evenings. Staff were okay. Location is near the metro and a 7 or 8 min walk from the beach.

Location is great, and it's a good place to meet other travellers and the dormrooms were clean. However, the breakfast could have been much better, the staff could have been a little more helpful, and the tours that are offered through the hostel could have been much cheaper.

The place is definitely good value for the money. Excellent locations, clean as well. Wifi was a bit of an issue every now and then. I will definitely come back and stay there again.

• 15th Oct 2014

Worst hostel i ve ever stayed. The staff was the worst, not only they never help the confuse our booking, overcharge us and werent friendly at all. For example, the made on of our party move to another room, they didnt respect the booking and they didnt gave us back the deposit for the key. AVOID THIS HOSTEL....

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

Not being able to use credit card for 85 real purchase was an annoying. Also showers go cold able like 5mins. Perhaps could lower credit card limit and put signs up in shower saying you only get 5 min of water

I had so much fun at this hostel and met the best people. It's clean, awesome location and the night staff are awesome especially Sebastian and Claudia. However the blonde lady that works in the morning can be a bit rude. If going to a soccer game be aware you can buy tickets at the gate for 30 reals.. 100 cheaper than if you go with the tour.. The blonde lady told us it was sold out so we should go with the tour and when we got there there was a good 20,000 seats free.

Good clean hostel with nice friendly staff that are only too happy to help with whatever need be👍 Also in a great location..

« first « Prev 1 2 3