CabanaCopa Hostel Reviews

Travessa Guimarães Natal, 12, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Sits up on a hill but is in a safe location. Conveniently located next to the beach and the metro. The internet has low bandwidth the only time I could use it was late at night when everyone was sleeping or mid-day when everyone was gone. There were no outlets near the bed so you would have to sit next to your device downstairs in the kitchen while they were charging. Also there was a lot of noise in the morning from the school right next door.

Great atmosphere, super friendly staff, good mix of travellers, mainly 23-30. Excellent Caipirinhas, breakfast included but not as good as the rest of the hostel.

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you found the staff friendly and that there was a good mix of travelers to make your stay even better :) We hope to see you again! CabanaCopa staff

Staff were very friendly and helpful and organised and planned everything for us. Even though we slept in and missed a tour they changed the date for us at no extra cost.

Thanks for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to hear you liked our staff. We hope to see you again! CabanaCopa staff

It was my second time at Cabanacopa. Both times I've had a really good time. Breakfast is pretty good. There are people from all over the world. The location is pretty good too... even though it is located up a hill, it is in Copacabana neighborhood near the metro and principal avenues.

Thanks for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to hear you liked our breakfast and location. Safe travels! CabanaCopa

Everything seems a bit old and ruined, starting from the mattress and the linen. The breakfast could be better. But compared to other hostel this is one of the best and if had to go bask in Rio, I definitely would choose it again.

Thanks for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to hear you prefer our hsotel and that you would visit us again. Cabanacopa resides in a charming but old house. We do our best to change furniture and other things when it is needed and we have changed the madrasses for more comfortable ones. Safe travels! CabanaCopa staff

Great staff! Very friendly and helpful! They do there best to make your stay enjoyable. They help you out and are cool people to talk to. The room was okay for what I paid for. It's a place to stay and leave your stuff. It was great for the time I did stay.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Thanks for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to hear you liked our staff and that you had a good stay. Safe travels! CabanaCopa

The staff were all friendly and helpful with any questions. They also organise tours from the hostel, I did a couple and was really impressed by them. Few minutes walk from the beach and felt safe. There's a large common area so it's easy to meet others. I had a great stay, thank you!

Thanks for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to hear you liked our staff, location and the tours we offer. Safe travels! CabanaCopa

Liked so much this hostel! People from all around the world, very friendly staff, they answer you and recommend you whatever you ask, tours and parties that they sell everyday. The cleanliness many times at day... beers and caipirinha very cheap and the location excellent (beach, restaurants, banks, buses and metro) I would definitely return to this hostel.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our staff, cleanliness and the many activities we offer. We do hope you return! Best regards, CabanaCopa staff

This is the best hostel I have stayed at so far, the staff members were extremely helpful. If you had any questions they would always be very accommodating, they would give directions to anything that you wanted to do or would arrange transportations for you. I totally recommend it and the happy hour was amazing!

• 29th Jun 2015

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our staff and had a good stay. We hope you'll return! Best regards, CabanaCopa

Stayed one night. Rooms were fine but older mattresses. I missed the breakfast due to early flight. They organised a celebration party to build the atmosphere in the hostel which was nice. Wifi was ok and showers were warm. Good location only a 5 or so minute walk to Copacabana beach.

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our location and that you had a good stay. Safe travels! CabanaCopa staff

Very clean hostel with a big kitchen. Good atmosphere! If you travel alone staff and other guests will make you have a good time.

• 24th Jun 2015

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our atmosphere and staff. Safe travels! CabanaCopa

Good hostel and in good location just 5 minute walk to metro and 5/10 minute walk to copacobana, they also have activities planned for every night of the week !

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our location and the activities we offer. Safe travels! Cabanacopa staff

Friendly staff, chilled vibe. A few blocks back from the beach but felt a little safer at night as a result

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our staff, vibe and location. We hope you will stay with us again! Regards, CabanaCopa

Location is good! Just a few blocks away from the beach. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are good and very clean and they have A/C. I had a good stay there! Want to go back for the happy hour caipirinha :) I miss my caipirinhas!!!

• 24th Mar 2015

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our location, rooms and staff. Sounds like you had a good stay! Safe travels, CabanaCopa staff

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels