CabanaCopa Hostel Reviews

Travessa Guimarães Natal, 12, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I was pretty disappointed, the single room is like a prison cell and the bathrooms were dirty. Staff and location: good

• 17th Jul 2014

The staff were really fun and contributed to the great vibe in the hostel. The bar had a cool atmosphere and from 8:00 onwards everyone sat together chatting and sharing stories. Great location - 5 minutes from Copacabana beach and 3 minutes to the metro station. The rooms are clean and there's never a wait to use the communal bathrooms. The monkeys in the morning were a highlight! I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 5th Jul 2014

The location of this hostel can't be beat. Right by the Arcoverde Metro station, lots of shops and food stands within walking distance and there was a taxi post nearby. You can walk to Copacabana beach and the staff was incredibly hospitable and knowledgeable of rio and activities it has to offer.

This hostel is very well localised! 5 min from the beach ! I recommand it for traveller's who want to party and meet people ! The staff speak english and is really sympathic! The beers are not expensive at the bar ...

• 28th Jun 2014

Let's summerize: Location - exellent, close to the beach and the metro. Rooms - everege, nice but ordinary. Wifi - poor, lots of problems, not strong and they shut it down from 7 to 8. Showers - exellent, hot water and fcilitate. Atmosphere - nice but not crazy.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Israel

I made a reservation for 3 people in a 4 bed room and then they gave us beds in a 6 bed dorm, anyway we had to pay the same price

I had to change my booking after having paid over $120AUD per night. I know it was during the world cup and there was a no cancellations policy but I did bring a friend along to stay which was extra revenue for the hostel and they were not able to accommodate any refund even when I suggested taking out a cancellation fee. There was also a policy of booking at least 4 nights when I booked which was then not applicable to others who i was staying with. Not great

Great Hostel, Friendly staff. Would definatly reccomend

I tried to canceled a couple of nights and they didn't return the 50% policy promised. They say they are going to clean baths twice a day and they do not do it, by the evening baths are a pigsty I did the reservation 6 month in advance and they charged 100% fee + 15% hostelword.com ask for. Now I need to ask for a refund to hostelworld.com 15% becuase hostel manager didn't know anything. Ventilation in rooms is really poor. Ventilator and lights don't work properly. Worst experience ever.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed at this hostel during the World cup group stages. The staff was professional and friendly and the restrooms were clean. One of the things that i particularly liked was the happy hour in the evenings when you could get 1 for 1 caipirinha. Its location is also amazing given that it is a 5 min walk from the beach and few mins walk from many restaurants and cafes.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • India

Amazing Hostel, friendly staff and great atmosphere!

• 8th Jun 2014

stayed here during World Cup. Over priced charging hotel prices for dorm. Word of advice the only good activity on offer is the favela funk party. All the rest are sh!t clubs regardless of what Lucy the little blonde girl tells ya. Just go party in lapa!!!

Genuinely the best hostel I have EVER stayed in. Staff were unbelievable. Always getting you involved in trips and the local things going on. Pleasantly surprised with the included breakfast every day that wasn't advertised too. Will definitely look this place up if ever in Rio again. Thanks for everything guys!!!

I loved CabanaCopa! It was my first time in a hostel and it was beyond what I could have imagined. It was clean, staff was friendly, and I met cool people. I love how the would have happy hour and they would turn off the wifi so people could like you know....talk! Lol. I would definitely go back. ENYA was super nice as was Carlos. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up!

Thought the hostel was great. Great location, great people. Best hostel I've stayed in so far

• 5th Jun 2014

Felt dirtier going in the toilet than going out. Charged me for 2 nights but I canceled 24 hours in advance. No where in there email did it say 48 hour cancelation. Very loud at all hours.

Stayed here for about 6 nights and had a very pleasant and enjoyable time. The atmosphere was always really good. If you're travelling alone it is easy to meet people. The staff were great andthey always came out on any nights out. Lucy and Enya were great as were the other guys.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Egypt

Really nice place. Clean, cheap, good location in copacabana, really friendly awesome staff, and breakfast in the morning. What more could you need? Thank you for showing me a great time in Rio!

• 22nd May 2014

Great hostel....highly recommended, awesome staff and a fantastic atmosphere, you will have a great time in rio if you stay here!

The Staff was new and she has made some mistakes by paying and booking Taxitransfers. The Bathrooms are only average. The location and the atmosphere is good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3