CabanaCopa Hostel Reviews

Travessa Guimarães Natal, 12, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I really liked my stay at CabanaCopa. It was first time in a hostel and everything was so clean, the staff spoke English really well and were so helpful! It's up a bit of a hill and I had a hard time finding it but it's in a good spot overall because it's walking distance to Copacabana and Ipanema beach, as well as 2 minutes away from bus stops and the metro station. The all girls area is nice and each bed has a locker, a plug and a light which I liked. I liked it so much I'm going back again!

Hi & thanks for staying with us! We are glad you liked your first stay in a hostel! We are all about great location friendly staff and good atmosphere. Also we have individual powerplugs and bed lights in most of our rooms for better comfort of our guests. Looking forward to your next stay with us! Safe travels! :)

Hostel with a really great atmosphere. Bar has happy hour every evening and it is a good place to meet new people and socialize, especially when traveling alone. Still quiet enough to get a good night sleep. Rooms and bathrooms were cleaned twice a day and always in good condition. Staff is super nice and helpful. Good location. Less than 10min walking to Copacabana Beach and metro station. Only negative point: beds and linen were really old. Linen had hole and stains and could be renewed.

Hi! Thanks for staying with us. We are glad to read your review, happy that you had a nice stay! We have all new bed linen, so you could ask it to be changed if yours are older. We are substituting all of them. Safe travels, CabanaCopa staff

This was a great hostel to stay at! The location was great, it was up a short steep hill but it's 10 minute walk to Copacabana beach. The staff were helpful in assisting with any queries or things to do. Breakfast was pretty good, it consisted of bread, a type of fruit, cake and either a cheese or meat. The dorms were clean and tidy with pretty comfortable beds. I would stay here again.

Hi! Thanks for staying with us. We are glad to read your review, happy that you had a nice stay! Safe travels, CabanaCopa staff

Receptionists are really helpful and very friendly. Awesome environment where you can sleep soundly at night without having to wear earplugs unlike other hostels where loud music doesn't stop until the wee hours of the morning. Oh and the breakfast is really GOOD!! You won't get the typical bread-butter-and-cereals-type of breakfast. I will definitely stay here again when I go back!👌🏼

Location is perfect but breakfast is bad and desk woman is the only non friendly brazilian i have ever seen. Guys and a girl called vicky are very helpful.

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Egypt

Hi & thanks for staying with us! We are sorry that one of our staff was having a bad day, but like the others it is not common. Our breakfast is simple and basic to keep our prices cheap. But we change it everyday from the variety of eggs, ham and cheese, bread, jam, cereal, fruits etc. During special events like NYE, Carnival & Olympics we serve a full breakfast. Nearby our hostel there are several bakeries, supermarkets etc. where you can complement our breakfast. Safe travels! Cabana Staff

RIDICULOUSLY DIRTY! They have cleaning ladies all day, but the hostel is aways dirty. I had to change rooms, because the 1st was disgusting. The owner implied that I would stole something (because I was at the TV room before the check in time).

Sits up on a hill but is in a safe location. Conveniently located next to the beach and the metro. The internet has low bandwidth the only time I could use it was late at night when everyone was sleeping or mid-day when everyone was gone. There were no outlets near the bed so you would have to sit next to your device downstairs in the kitchen while they were charging. Also there was a lot of noise in the morning from the school right next door.

Great atmosphere, super friendly staff, good mix of travellers, mainly 23-30. Excellent Caipirinhas, breakfast included but not as good as the rest of the hostel.

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you found the staff friendly and that there was a good mix of travelers to make your stay even better :) We hope to see you again! CabanaCopa staff

Staff were very friendly and helpful and organised and planned everything for us. Even though we slept in and missed a tour they changed the date for us at no extra cost.

Thanks for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to hear you liked our staff. We hope to see you again! CabanaCopa staff

1 2 3 Next » last »