CabanaCopa Hostel Reviews

Travessa Guimarães Natal, 12, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great location near everything by walking.The hostel is right next a loud school so don't plan on sleeping during the day.

Hi & thanks for staying with us! We are glad you liked our location. We have a kindergarten near the hostel so a few rooms can be a bit noisy at their break around 10am. If that happens and you are a light sleeper and like to sleep in we can always move you to another room without that noise. Thanks, safe travels! CabanaCopa Staff

I really liked my stay at CabanaCopa. It was first time in a hostel and everything was so clean, the staff spoke English really well and were so helpful! It's up a bit of a hill and I had a hard time finding it but it's in a good spot overall because it's walking distance to Copacabana and Ipanema beach, as well as 2 minutes away from bus stops and the metro station. The all girls area is nice and each bed has a locker, a plug and a light which I liked. I liked it so much I'm going back again!

Hi & thanks for staying with us! We are glad you liked your first stay in a hostel! We are all about great location friendly staff and good atmosphere. Also we have individual powerplugs and bed lights in most of our rooms for better comfort of our guests. Looking forward to your next stay with us! Safe travels! :)

Hostel with a really great atmosphere. Bar has happy hour every evening and it is a good place to meet new people and socialize, especially when traveling alone. Still quiet enough to get a good night sleep. Rooms and bathrooms were cleaned twice a day and always in good condition. Staff is super nice and helpful. Good location. Less than 10min walking to Copacabana Beach and metro station. Only negative point: beds and linen were really old. Linen had hole and stains and could be renewed.

Hi! Thanks for staying with us. We are glad to read your review, happy that you had a nice stay! We have all new bed linen, so you could ask it to be changed if yours are older. We are substituting all of them. Safe travels, CabanaCopa staff

This was a great hostel to stay at! The location was great, it was up a short steep hill but it's 10 minute walk to Copacabana beach. The staff were helpful in assisting with any queries or things to do. Breakfast was pretty good, it consisted of bread, a type of fruit, cake and either a cheese or meat. The dorms were clean and tidy with pretty comfortable beds. I would stay here again.

Hi! Thanks for staying with us. We are glad to read your review, happy that you had a nice stay! Safe travels, CabanaCopa staff

Receptionists are really helpful and very friendly. Awesome environment where you can sleep soundly at night without having to wear earplugs unlike other hostels where loud music doesn't stop until the wee hours of the morning. Oh and the breakfast is really GOOD!! You won't get the typical bread-butter-and-cereals-type of breakfast. I will definitely stay here again when I go back!👌🏼

Location is perfect but breakfast is bad and desk woman is the only non friendly brazilian i have ever seen. Guys and a girl called vicky are very helpful.

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Egypt

Hi & thanks for staying with us! We are sorry that one of our staff was having a bad day, but like the others it is not common. Our breakfast is simple and basic to keep our prices cheap. But we change it everyday from the variety of eggs, ham and cheese, bread, jam, cereal, fruits etc. During special events like NYE, Carnival & Olympics we serve a full breakfast. Nearby our hostel there are several bakeries, supermarkets etc. where you can complement our breakfast. Safe travels! Cabana Staff

RIDICULOUSLY DIRTY! They have cleaning ladies all day, but the hostel is aways dirty. I had to change rooms, because the 1st was disgusting. The owner implied that I would stole something (because I was at the TV room before the check in time).

Sits up on a hill but is in a safe location. Conveniently located next to the beach and the metro. The internet has low bandwidth the only time I could use it was late at night when everyone was sleeping or mid-day when everyone was gone. There were no outlets near the bed so you would have to sit next to your device downstairs in the kitchen while they were charging. Also there was a lot of noise in the morning from the school right next door.

Great atmosphere, super friendly staff, good mix of travellers, mainly 23-30. Excellent Caipirinhas, breakfast included but not as good as the rest of the hostel.

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you found the staff friendly and that there was a good mix of travelers to make your stay even better :) We hope to see you again! CabanaCopa staff

Staff were very friendly and helpful and organised and planned everything for us. Even though we slept in and missed a tour they changed the date for us at no extra cost.

Thanks for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to hear you liked our staff. We hope to see you again! CabanaCopa staff

It was my second time at Cabanacopa. Both times I've had a really good time. Breakfast is pretty good. There are people from all over the world. The location is pretty good too... even though it is located up a hill, it is in Copacabana neighborhood near the metro and principal avenues.

Thanks for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to hear you liked our breakfast and location. Safe travels! CabanaCopa

Everything seems a bit old and ruined, starting from the mattress and the linen. The breakfast could be better. But compared to other hostel this is one of the best and if had to go bask in Rio, I definitely would choose it again.

Thanks for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to hear you prefer our hsotel and that you would visit us again. Cabanacopa resides in a charming but old house. We do our best to change furniture and other things when it is needed and we have changed the madrasses for more comfortable ones. Safe travels! CabanaCopa staff

Great staff! Very friendly and helpful! They do there best to make your stay enjoyable. They help you out and are cool people to talk to. The room was okay for what I paid for. It's a place to stay and leave your stuff. It was great for the time I did stay.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Thanks for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to hear you liked our staff and that you had a good stay. Safe travels! CabanaCopa

The staff were all friendly and helpful with any questions. They also organise tours from the hostel, I did a couple and was really impressed by them. Few minutes walk from the beach and felt safe. There's a large common area so it's easy to meet others. I had a great stay, thank you!

Thanks for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to hear you liked our staff, location and the tours we offer. Safe travels! CabanaCopa

Liked so much this hostel! People from all around the world, very friendly staff, they answer you and recommend you whatever you ask, tours and parties that they sell everyday. The cleanliness many times at day... beers and caipirinha very cheap and the location excellent (beach, restaurants, banks, buses and metro) I would definitely return to this hostel.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our staff, cleanliness and the many activities we offer. We do hope you return! Best regards, CabanaCopa staff

This is the best hostel I have stayed at so far, the staff members were extremely helpful. If you had any questions they would always be very accommodating, they would give directions to anything that you wanted to do or would arrange transportations for you. I totally recommend it and the happy hour was amazing!

• 29th Jun 2015

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our staff and had a good stay. We hope you'll return! Best regards, CabanaCopa

Stayed one night. Rooms were fine but older mattresses. I missed the breakfast due to early flight. They organised a celebration party to build the atmosphere in the hostel which was nice. Wifi was ok and showers were warm. Good location only a 5 or so minute walk to Copacabana beach.

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our location and that you had a good stay. Safe travels! CabanaCopa staff

Very clean hostel with a big kitchen. Good atmosphere! If you travel alone staff and other guests will make you have a good time.

• 24th Jun 2015

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our atmosphere and staff. Safe travels! CabanaCopa

Good hostel and in good location just 5 minute walk to metro and 5/10 minute walk to copacobana, they also have activities planned for every night of the week !

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our location and the activities we offer. Safe travels! Cabanacopa staff

Friendly staff, chilled vibe. A few blocks back from the beach but felt a little safer at night as a result

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our staff, vibe and location. We hope you will stay with us again! Regards, CabanaCopa

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels