Cactus Jacks Backpackers Reviews

1210 Haupapa St, Rotorua, New Zealand

This hostel was a disappointment, the worst hostel I stayed at in whole New Zealand. The hostel was smelly from smoke and other things. When I was having dinner in the kitchen I saw an area covered in mouse poop. The owner blamed it on builders and when I complained over not wanting to eat in the kitchen, the owner told me he could cover the mouse poop. It ended with that I left the hostel that evening. Because I felt that it was unhygienic. The owner refused to give me my money for the bed.

Well, the Hostel is quite nice, maybe a little old fashioned and contorted. It's ok to stay there for two nights... staff is a bunch of weird people - but most of them in a good way :)

Nice enough hostel, interesting layout.