Cactus Jacks Backpackers Reviews

1210 Haupapa St, Rotorua, New Zealand

I found the young staff members to be very helpfull when it came to what I can see & do around Rotorua & value for money on the tours I booked. They were cheaper than the offers from the info centre.

As a lone female traveler, I would not recommend this hostel to other lone female travelers. The staff was super nice but some of the residents there clearly live there year round and spend every night getting very drunk and some of their behavior made me quite uncomfortable.

Good price and clean kitchen. Bathroom and showers could be more clean. Didn't get a great first impression of the guy in reception because he tried to make us pay more then we actually were supposed to. And he woke us up in the morning the second day because he mixed up the days and said that we had to check out one day early. Well everybody makes mistakes, good hostel in general.

Stayed here for 3 months whilst working in Rotorua and there is no place else I would stay in Rotorua unless I could afford a proper hotel. Loved my time here.