Cafayate Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Cordoba 155, Cafayate, Argentina

Chilled place. Only real downside was that during the day it was difficult to find somebody who worked there to answer any questions.

A nice hostel; a little bit noisy (we had a bedroom just next to the common room) but the staff is really nice and take the time to help you and explain all the things to do in Cafayate. The garden is amazing, with hammocks and woody tables under the trees and original paintings on the walls. The rooms are large, with natural and colored walls and good beds.

When we arrived nobody of the staff was there. We waited for 3 hours and picked our room ourselves, went something to eat and had to wait another hour for a check-in. The following days were the same. The discription said that breakfast would be included. It was not! Missinformation... The beds are selfmade and the matraces are just a peace of foam. And almost broken. We slept in a room without window. It's warm so this is no problem. But the mosquitos were killing us. Internet didn't work.

I have paid for two nights, and book for a tour; but I stay only one night and take the first bus et 5 AM, because There was NOISE, near my room ALL THE NIGHT,,(there was table and seats near their dormitory, but they stay near my room, even if they know I was ther and try to sleep -the silent must be from midnight to 8 AM ) . I spend the night outside, siting I have not yet mail to explain what happen ¡ and I have not my money back ¡ The tour proposed was not the more interesting

I couldn't go there because I had a problem with my bus but they are correct and I wasn't charged for the night, thanks.

Lovely family-run hostel with only a few guests at a time. Homely feel, relaxed and laid back only a block or two away from the main action in town. Fresh coffee and bread and jam for breakfast looked after by our host. we were only there one night but would have stayed longer Bathrooms are a bit snug but everything worked fine.

The room was nice, and the bed was comfortable and clean. Our shower didn't drain. Breakfast was just buns and jam. Would have liked a heartier breakfast. The hostel was fine, clean. Common area was right beside our room, so it got annoying when people partied late at night.

Love, love, love this hostel. Great atmosphere, lovely garden and run by a really nice family. It's a bit basic, but just go to a Bogoda, grab a couple of bottles of wine then head down to the farm shop and get some cheese. Everything you need to sit in the back garden and have one of the most beautiful evenings of your life :) Enjoy!

I had an amazing time in Cafayate, and it was made even better by staying at Cafayate backpackers. Location wise it's hard not to be in a good spot as Cafayate isn't huge but still only 5 mins from anything. Highly recommend renting bikes from the hostel and heading up the waterfall trek. Great excursion out to the canyons set up by the hostel and fantastic asado. Up there with the best I've had in Argentina!

Great place. Absolutely lovely and helpful staff. Chilled atmosphere. There's a kitchen but you can't use it between like 1-5pm which is the only annoying thing. Would definitely recommend a stay here!