Cafayate Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Cordoba 155, Cafayate, Argentina

The hostel was not in a good condition. When I came, the owners were not there. In our bathroom, the toilet flush did not work, the shower was only cold and the sink was dirty. There was only one bathroom that was OK, for the whole hostel! And even that was not sooo nice. I cannot recommend the hostel, even though its cheap.

• 21st Dec 2014

Upon arrival-no receptionist. Hostel was overbooked-no space for us(even though paid deposit)owner didnt come to sort it out,just communicated through text msgs with another people who were staying. Told us to go for 1 night to another hostel(which was much more expensive and not nice) and than come back for a free night-costed me more money,lost half a day by moving around. When moved back-dirty,no hot water except for one shower,poor kitchen

Emma and Mudo are some nice guys who helped me whenever I had questions! They showed me some nice places to visit in Cafayate like the Quebrada de las Conchas or several Bodegas! There is a parilla in the garden where you can have a nice Asardo with other travellers. From the hostel you can reach everything by walking and you can also borrow a bike to go to the waterfalls! They also organize for you a trip to the Quebrada! I slept in a group room and they are very tidy and cheap! Had a good time

• 30th Oct 2014

I loved this place! Yeah, it's rustic, but I had the best time there. Good staff and great environment make up for little shortcomings. Anyway, it's Cafayate! The 50 km bike ride! The trek to the waterfall! The bodegas within a block or two walking distance! Fantastic..

This was one of my favorite hostels. They rooms were nice and clean, and the staff were incredible knowledgable and friendly. There was a wonderful and large garden in the back with tables, a parilla and hammocks. There were a lot of people hanging out there both nights and a big group of us had an asado in the backyard. The kitchen and bathroom facilities were clean and nice. The breakfast was great (lots of dulce de leche).

This is a ood hostel to stay and the staff are warm and friendly. It is in an old house thats maybe 100 years old and really nice. theres a lovely terrace out front to shoot the breeeze and out the back a lovely garden with hammocks and BBQ. Breakfast is a bit of hit and miss, depending whose on for breakfast. I dont understand why they cut the rolls in half, so we will only eat half? In saying that I would stay here again.

The room was very cold. The backyard is nice if the weather is good, but other than that there's no lounge/living room area to use. One disappointing thing is that the place wasn't locked or staff present-- at 2 am, I just strolled right in. Although it's a small and safe town, it still felt uncomfortable. There are no lockers and they lost the key to their safe so I had to carry all my cash and passport on me while in Cafayate :/ The tour organized to Quebrada de las Conchas was great, though!