Cafayate Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Cordoba 155, Cafayate, Argentina

This was one of my favorite hostels. They rooms were nice and clean, and the staff were incredible knowledgable and friendly. There was a wonderful and large garden in the back with tables, a parilla and hammocks. There were a lot of people hanging out there both nights and a big group of us had an asado in the backyard. The kitchen and bathroom facilities were clean and nice. The breakfast was great (lots of dulce de leche).

This is a ood hostel to stay and the staff are warm and friendly. It is in an old house thats maybe 100 years old and really nice. theres a lovely terrace out front to shoot the breeeze and out the back a lovely garden with hammocks and BBQ. Breakfast is a bit of hit and miss, depending whose on for breakfast. I dont understand why they cut the rolls in half, so we will only eat half? In saying that I would stay here again.

The room was very cold. The backyard is nice if the weather is good, but other than that there's no lounge/living room area to use. One disappointing thing is that the place wasn't locked or staff present-- at 2 am, I just strolled right in. Although it's a small and safe town, it still felt uncomfortable. There are no lockers and they lost the key to their safe so I had to carry all my cash and passport on me while in Cafayate :/ The tour organized to Quebrada de las Conchas was great, though!

I didn't actually stay at the hostel, as it doesn't have private rooms (which hostel world.com) said it did. So I stayed at Hugo's house. This was great - Hugo is super lovely as was Emma (from the hostel) who drove me there and made sure all was ok. Shared bathroom, kitchen to use and in a good location. Such lovely people and I had a great time there. Emma was good at organising an excursion and letting me know how to change my us ticket etc. I'd recommend.

Good value for very cheap price. Hostel is just okay. Outside space and bbq area are good if weather faciitates. Showers nice and hot.

Lovely hostel with great location and really helpful staff. Also very clean. Only downside is the tiny kitchen. A tip for other travelers: take the bikes for a test run before hiring, some are a little stiff.

It s a good place to stay in cafayate

My favourite place so far! Not only is the hostel very nice and clean but Emma and all the other people working there are extremly friendly and it is definetly worth to share a mate with her! The beautiful patio with a fireplace is perfect for an asado with other backpackers! The tour offered by the hostel to the quebrada de las conchas was great as well, really nothing to complain about! I'll defenitly be back!

• 29th Apr 2014