Cafe Hostel Reviews

Rua Agisse, 152, Vila Madalena, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Great hostel -- good vibes, good people, good location. Staff was great - not creepy ;) - and I would have liked to stay longer.

Awesome guy on the front desk! A mexican guy with great expressions of Tarzan.

I chose this hostel because it seemed a good compromise between location, price and facilities for my first trip to Sao Paulo, an overwhelming city. I wasn't disappointed. Main plus points were, less than 5 minutes from the subway, epic breakfasts (cooks some savoury snacks every morning), 24hr reception, friendly staff. Try the free dance lesson on a Wednesday! Some ideas for improvement: lockers big enough for standard cases, and a detailed map of the immediate area to help us n00bs. Recommend

Café Hostel is beautiful place to stay Sao Paulo. The breakfast comes with homemade(!) jam and the common area is a beautiful place to hang around and forget about the business of the city for some moment. The rooms are very clean and quiet and the staff is eager to help you to plan your days in Sao Paulo. Its located in the most beautiful and vibrant area of the city with green streets, cultural life and cosy cafés to explore. Absolutly "the" place to stay in Sao Paulo!

• 12th Aug 2014

Enjoyed staying at the hostel and had friendly staff. More advice on what to do in the city/what to see would be appreciated (as we feel we ended up missing out on some gems)!

Great place with friendly and helpful staff. Very near to the metro station Villa Madalena, which has easy connections to the city. Overall a lovely place.

• 30th Jul 2014

Great place. There was lots of great details which make this hostel super! Also staff was kind and nice:) Great value for money. I hope other hostels adopt ideas from here.

Hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed at. EVER. Atmosphere is amazing, staff play great music and it really feels like a cafe. Breakfast was one of the best I've had in Brazil - instead of just bread, butter, cheese, they have a woman who cooks local Northern Brazilian food, such as a coconut corn pudding. The dorm rooms were amazing too. The 12 bed dorm was super spacious, and although the beds were triple bunks, they were very sturdy and quiet. You MUST stay here if you're visiting SP

Came to Sao Paulo to relax before flying back to Australia and this hostel was just what I needed. Comfy beds, close to metro/shops/bars, great chillout area, clean, cool little bar area, but most of all excellent staff. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

One of the best hostel i've ever been. Excelent location, nice people, clean, very good breakfast, good location, near from metro, u feel home. i have no complaining about this hostel.

• 15th Jul 2014

The best staff & the best restroom facilities in any hostel I've stayed at thus far!

The wifi is open but kicks you off line every two minutes(highly annoying). And it can only be accessed from the leaving room cos once you are in your dorm you don't get the signal. Some areas need maintenance, like the main door that it's pain to open. Appart from that the staff is friendly and the communal areas are comfortable enough

We have a fast internet connection that reaches all rooms and we haven't received any complaints to date.We asked the receptionists who worked during the two days you stayed with us and they said that the internet was working fine, the problem must have been your device.The low rating in the category "value for money" hurts our hearts, since you arrived one day later and we didn't charge you for the 1st night (even though we were fully booked). We're glad you enjoyed everything else though!

Unreal breakfast and one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Staff were awesome and the place was great!

Awesome hostel, great set up and good atmosphere. Very easy to get around the city from the subway close by. Would return to this hostel for sure!!

Not having a sign made things harder for me (but they do warn you about that!). Having 3 beds per bunk made the room a little messy with everyones stuff, but the beds were comfy! The staff was super helpful, he went the extra mile to help me get my phone charged when I really needed to let them know I got there ok. Wish I had checked out more of the place!

We do have a big sign that is hard to miss, you must have mixed it up with another hostel ;) Next time you should try staying in one of our dorms with only two beds per bunk, they have plenty of space!

Loved it. My friend and I were/are having some problems in Sao Paulo with accommodation but these guys helped us far more then we could have hoped for. They found room for us when there were no beds, they made us feel comfortable and at home at all times and everyone was so helpful. The hostel has a great vibe and I cannot praise it any higher than a 100% score. Breakfast is great, all the facilities are great and the best thing is the staff. A great set of people in a fantastic hostel.

I would rate this place. Excellent hospitality

Excellent hostel for Sao Paulo. I moved from another hostel to this one because it was so much better. excellent facilities with an awesome big screen. The staff were excellent and helpful. very clean and had a good vibe.

We loved this Hostel! Awesome breakfast, super friendly staff. Clean, close to the metro. My friend lost a necklace and after the cleaning staff found it they sent us an email asking where they should send it - super nice. Stefan

• 14th Jun 2014

And we loved having you here! Here's a souvenir: http://globotv.globo.com/rede-globo/antena-paulista/t/edicoes/v/estrangeiros-aproveitam-para-fazer-turismo-no-brasil/3440320/ ps: The necklace is on its way!

Friendly Staff and an excellent breakfast! Melon and lots of other fruits, cheese, pancake,... thats how you want to start a day! And I slept really good in the bed! Keep it up ;)

• 14th Jun 2014

Thank you for the nice feedback, we're glad that you enjoyed your stay at Café Hostel. You were on TV! Have a look: http://globotv.globo.com/rede-globo/antena-paulista/t/edicoes/v/estrangeiros-aproveitam-para-fazer-turismo-no-brasil/3440320/