Cafe Hostel Reviews

Rua Agisse, 152, Vila Madalena, Sao Paulo, Brazil

I only stayed one night at the hostel, but I had a nice stay and a very good impression of the hostel. The staff is friendly and helpful. I stayed in a 6-bed dorm, it was quite spacious. There is a metrostop and bus station just a few minutes walk away. I would stay here again :)

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Norway

Sorry guys-no Air con! Otherwise a welcoming hostel, clean bathrooms, fast Wifi, friendly staff and a good atmosphere. Would come back any time!

The eleven bed dorm is spacious, with an individual light and plug socket at each bed. The breakfast has good variety and the hostel is close to a subway station. A nice place to stay in Sao Paulo.

Really liked this hostel! Good breakfast, good wifi and hot showers! The staff could have been more helpful/friendlier though! But other than that I'd definitely come back and stay again!

Got greeted by a really nice guy at reception! He even made our beds whilst we were telling him about our travels, good location in Vila madelina, excellent breakfast, good dance class on a wed and just really helpful in general, would definity recommend this hostel

Nice small hostel, easy to get there by subway but a bit far from the bar's in villa madalena. Staff is friendly and helpful, facilities are nearly new. Beds are good, with socket and reading light. If possible stay in the 11 bed dorm, in my opinion it's much nicer as the 9 bed dorm! Way more space! There are a lot of brasilian people staying in this hostel. So a good chance to practice your Portuguese.

Very good location and atmosphere. I think there are too many beds in a roo, but that wasn't really a problem, though it would be better if there were fewer people in the room.

• 28th Nov 2014

Shower = cold

Oh no, you can regulate the temperature at the shower head! We're sorry that you didn't know about it, we'll put a sign to make sure that it won't happen again.

I found one of the male receptionists quite helpful during my stay. Sorry forgotten his name. Breakfast was average for me but common in Brazil. Think about adding your own things if you like. About 5 min walk from the metro, bank, simple restaurant and a couple of shops. Super market a further 2 or 3 min walk. Park with nice sunset views of the city about 20 min walk away.

Clean and comfortable rooms, good breakfast and amazing staff who are very helpfull.

Great hostel in the nice area of SP. Clean, great facilities... I would definitly recommand it !

• 4th Nov 2014

Good location, the staff was very friendly only it is a little small and noisy cause the rooms are in front of the terrace but it worth it

The stay was perfect. Nice rooms, the breakfast was awesome for a hostel breakfast. I liked the bar area and the opportuniy to sit outside. But an individual key for the room would be nice. The room was open all the time..And anyone could enter the room. Then your really need to trust the other travelers, but maybe there is 1 of 100 how is not trustworthy. I know that there is a safe, but you cant put ALL your stuff in the safe. For example if you have a good pair of hiking shoes or whatever...

Safe location and some staff were lovely. Unfortunately one staff member refused to come out of his room to work behind the bar so the female working on reception was trying to cover 2 jobs at a time. This really ruined our last night in Cafe Hostel. Other than that the rooms are big and comfortable, the showers were ok but a but far from the rooms, the location was safe and I would recommend this hostel.

Unfortunately we had to share a dorm with staff that were working night and day shifts so we were not allowed the lights on at any time of the day. Recycling guy walked in off the street and stole a fellow travellers bag when there were staff on duty. This was later seen on CCTV. Good shower facilities.

nice hostel, great location and wonderful staff!!! Def. go there!!!!

The rooms need air conditioning

Very nice hostel. Even the 11 dorm is very spacious, has windows and a balcony Breaksfast is tasty and rich and veries from day to day. Just a stone's throw away from Villa Madalena metro station and only 5 to 10 minutes away from all bars and restaurants of this area. If you go to the hostel by public trasportation from the interational airport which is far outside, you should calculate at least 1,5 hours.

Bed bugs......

We never had problems with bed bugs because we hire pest control professionals to prevent from that problem. It's been a week since you left and we haven't received any complaints about bed bug bites. We're glad your enjoyed everything else though - so come stay with us again and don't worry about bed bugs!

It is a good place to stay in Sao Paolo, safe area. You cannot be loud or sit outside after 10pm. Staff are friendly especially Giuliano, thanks for the caipis.

« first « Prev 1 2 3