Cafe Hostel Reviews

Rua Agisse, 152, Vila Madalena, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Great hostel to stay in of you go to Sao Paulo. The location is really good with the metro station only 3 minutes away and the neighborhood felt safe. It is clean and the bathroom is nice! The breakfast is really good, one of the best I had when I was in Brazil. The staff is awesome and they make a good atmosphere. I recommend this hostel!

Nice hostel with super friendly staff!

I highly recommend it! Just a few meters from the metro station, a great staff and a breakfast with amazing "bolinhos de chuva", some kind of doughnuts with sugar and cinnamon. A short walk takes you to bars, galleries, restaurants, squares and a large list of nice places to visit. I really enjoyed my time at Mercearia São Pedro, a traditional "boteco", that is just around the corner . Staff is always happy to make things easy for you and show the best places to go. I will definitely come back!

• 12th Mar 2014

Cleanest hostel I've ever been too. Big beds, clean showers. Only seven months old so the staff had some teething issues eg finding us the right keys to our lockers and showing us to the right dorm. Good breakfast, great cake! Outdoor terrace bar was great for socializing. Close walk to the metro.

i definitely recommend this hostel! extremely clean, breakfast has a lot of different things (waffles, fruits etc), it is very close to the metro station (very important in SP!), big beds, great atmosphere. They have the best pineaplle-sake caipirinha!!

• 6th Mar 2014

I enjoyed my stay very much and felt welcome all the time. The staff is really nice and helpful, i enjoyed talking to them a lot. Feel like i have made new friends in Brasil. Also the facilities were perfect and very clean. No loud noise but very relaxed and chilled atmosphere. And the coffee was great! Thanks a lot!

• 28th Feb 2014

We walked into a dorm that was a mess and stuff on all the beds including ours. Also super annoying the bed sheets don't fit! Unless you somehow stretch them but even they they'll likely pop off. 2 of the showers didn't work and one of the receptionists seemed to hate people talking to her. But this was made up for by the others who were really friendly. When we were there it was super quiet, maybe it was the low season.

I'm sorry that you were disturbed by other guests' mess, some guests are indeed not very tidy and we will pay more attention to that. I'm surprised that you did not receive the level of customer care our staff normally provides. We usually receive very good feedback regarding our staff, who is there 24/7 for our guests in order to ensure that they have the best time possible.

I had a great stay in cafe hostel,, to bad it was only so short Thanx guys!! greetz Robin from Holland

• 18th Jan 2014

Cafe Hostel is a pretty new hostel close to the metro in Vila Madalena. The staff are friendly and welcoming. Faciltiies are standard across the board for a hostel. The beds are fine and comfy. And the showers are pretty good. Overall a good value for money hostel.

The hostel is in the most happening area of town and very close to the metro station, which makes it really easy to navigate around from there. My friend and I stayed in a 9 bed female dorm - beds are large and everyone has his own socket and light. The rooms and common showers are very clean. Rogério at the desk is lovely. He took us, on his own time, to a great samba bar. We were the only foreigners there. Experiences such as this are the reason I travel, thanks so much for a great stay!

• 5th Jan 2014

Good location, 3 minutes from Vila Madalena Metro, walking distance to rest of VM. Very clean bathrooms & kitchen, drinking water filter, personal lockers for valuables, cheap beers, good wifi. Breakfast average for Brazil. Quiet hostel with few guests and therefore not much atmosphere. Beds have power source and lamp each, which is always good. Generally clean and modern looking, without much punch.