Cafe Hostel Reviews

Rua Agisse, 152, Vila Madalena, Sao Paulo, Brazil

This place had such a great vibe, the staff really take care of the place an you can enjoy sitting in lots of little coves surrounded by their herb gardens. Breakfast was beautiful! We had our laundry washed and dried within a few hours there. Love that each bed has its own power point. Also they had a little where local bars, food, chemist, metro etc all are ! Great location.

We enjoyed the stay very much even though I had a cold and had to stay in my bed for one whole day. One guy who worked there was so nice to me! He brought me tea to my bed! I would stay there again! Thanks a lot!

very nice place to stay. you got all what you need!

• 26th Apr 2015

There was no locker for me when I arrived so I had to leave my bag alone on my bed when I was out. My bed has too near the ceiling. I almost couldn't sit on it.

• 24th Apr 2015

Felt welcome from the second I walked into this place. Luiz at the front desk is amazingly friendly and helpfull. Hostel is clean and breakfast is great. In a safe neighbourhood with lots of nice bars and cafes, but still really close to the center. Would stay here again if I come back to São Paulo!

The staff is very helpful and the place iso great.

This hostel is amazing. Very good location, near by pubs, grosserys shop and the subway. The house is very big, the rooms comfortball and very clean. The staff is very usefull.

• 29th Mar 2015

The room was messy the look was not good with scattered bags of other guests. Congratulations to breakfast. Was very good.

Having to deal with other guests' mess is part of the experience of staying at a hostel. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that. We are glad you enjoyed our homemade breakfast, thank you!

One of the good hostel, good breakfast, rooms have lookers, good shower even if it's an 8 mins shower, great location closes to metro and bars but not noisy, ppl are really nice and give you good info at the reception, would recommend the hostel in a second.

Best hostel we've stayed at so far in Brasil! Very friendly staff, they will provide you with everything you need and they give you a lot of advice where to go and what to do in São Paulo. Very clean, amazing breakfast, Netflix!!!

Nice hostel at a good location, near a metro station and in a very nice neighboorhood with lots of bars! Dorms are a bit small for travellers with backpacks, because they do not fit in the lockers. Breakfast and kitchen are good! Some of the staff is really nice and helpfull, others are really really grumphy!! Overall, we would recommend this hostel for your stay in Sao Paulo, but we would recommend even more to just do not go to Sao Paulo! The city is só big and ugly!!

I'm not a big fan of triple bunkbeds but they were alright, spacious rooms and lockers. Nice breakfast. Luis was amazing but the rest of the staff was a bit grumpy and looked bored. Very close to metro station but a bit far from the center of Vila Madalena, good plays to stay, nice atmatmosphere.

We stayed here for 3 nights, and it was close to perfect! The staff is friendly and really helpfull. The rooms were clean and each bed had a locker with a key. Breakfast is alright, better that the other ones we've had on our trip so far. Staying at Cafe hostel is absolutely worth the money! :-)

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

The staff at Cafe Hostel are ridiculously friendly and go out of their way to help you. The hostel is in an awesome neighbourhood and also has quite a delicious breakfast at hand. I would definitely stay here again.

Some of the people working here are really unfriendly! When I arrived I couldn't enter the hostel for around one hour cause the guy at the reception was sleeping behind it on the floor. The breakfast is okay. There are three level bunkbeds, but they are not too high and quite fine. The bathrooms are okay, but in the showers hot water is just running for a few minutes and than you have to wait a bit til it´s running again.

Loved this hostel. Really cool vibe. Louis is fabulous in every way! He is the reason for 100% recommendation! I returned a second time alone as I thought the hostel had such a friendly, relaxed vibe, so close to villa madelena metro station too providing easy access to everywhere in this huge city. I had to make it to GRU airport the next morning and it could not have been easier! Cheers guys !

Nice atmosphere, good security (locked gate and lockers in the rooms), staff was friendly! Breakfast not very large but overall was the hostel really worth the money!

The hostel was good enough, only was there for one night. Just want to warn travelers that this neighborhood is dangerous! Got robbed at knifepoint 10 feet from the entrance. Always take a taxi here if you are arriving after dark. Don't walk from the metro station after dark.

Had a cool couple of days here. Really close to the metro and some cool bars. Luis is just the best wish we had more time to spend with him, he's so funny! Great at recommending bars and food! Shower block was clean and spacious. Nice to chill out felt really at home here! Would definitely recommend staying here if passing through São Paulo!

Great location 5mins from the metro, not far from many bars and places to eat (5-10min walk) in Vila Madalena. Nice bathrooms and common areas, limited breakfast choice, small scale hostel, really friendly staff!

• 14th Feb 2015