Cafe Hostel Reviews

Rua Agisse, 152, Vila Madalena, Sao Paulo, Brazil

The breakfast was extremely disappointing. Breakfast time was 8am to 10am, however, when we arrived for breakfast at 9am there was no food at the table. The chef was aware of this and continued to chat to another worker despite 5 people waiting for food. There was no bread, cheese or juice. Additionally, there was no resemblance to the photo of breakfast advertised on the hostel's website.

I enojyed the hostel, the staff working there was really nice all the time, it was a little bit messy but that is some guest fault.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Ecuador

Hostel have a good atmosphere. Clean and organized, the staff is kind and helpful. The location is nearby metro station, bike rent and bars in Vila Madalena. There you can meet people all around the world. Its a peaceful hostel. The only thing it's the bar closes at 10pm, but it's not a real problem because there are many others things to do.

• 17th Jun 2015

Cracking location; staff; facilities; vibe and everything else. I was originally meant to stay for 4 nights but stayed for 11. From the moment I check in 'fabinho' one of the receptionists helped me straight away as his English was superb. We later became good mates. The other receptionists 'tanya' 'vitoria' were excellent too. So friendly and very knowledgable of the area. Luis the kitchen attendant/barman is awesome too. The only downside was the rude, obnoxious French guy on the desk.

Everyone at Cafe Hostel is very friendly and tries to serve you the best way possible. I really enjoyed my stay there!

• 3rd Jun 2015

The staff is great, location superb, and so clean!!! The beds are very comfortable, sheets are super clean and the lockers in the bedroom are very handy! Definitely a place i'll tell all my friends about it!!

Not a bad hostel, although some of the staff are not very friendly, at least my experience anyway. Location is close the metro but not too close the main area of Villa Madalena. Breakfast was good. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

This place had such a great vibe, the staff really take care of the place an you can enjoy sitting in lots of little coves surrounded by their herb gardens. Breakfast was beautiful! We had our laundry washed and dried within a few hours there. Love that each bed has its own power point. Also they had a little where local bars, food, chemist, metro etc all are ! Great location.

We enjoyed the stay very much even though I had a cold and had to stay in my bed for one whole day. One guy who worked there was so nice to me! He brought me tea to my bed! I would stay there again! Thanks a lot!

very nice place to stay. you got all what you need!

• 26th Apr 2015

There was no locker for me when I arrived so I had to leave my bag alone on my bed when I was out. My bed has too near the ceiling. I almost couldn't sit on it.

• 24th Apr 2015

Felt welcome from the second I walked into this place. Luiz at the front desk is amazingly friendly and helpfull. Hostel is clean and breakfast is great. In a safe neighbourhood with lots of nice bars and cafes, but still really close to the center. Would stay here again if I come back to São Paulo!

The staff is very helpful and the place iso great.

This hostel is amazing. Very good location, near by pubs, grosserys shop and the subway. The house is very big, the rooms comfortball and very clean. The staff is very usefull.

• 29th Mar 2015

The room was messy the look was not good with scattered bags of other guests. Congratulations to breakfast. Was very good.

Having to deal with other guests' mess is part of the experience of staying at a hostel. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that. We are glad you enjoyed our homemade breakfast, thank you!

One of the good hostel, good breakfast, rooms have lookers, good shower even if it's an 8 mins shower, great location closes to metro and bars but not noisy, ppl are really nice and give you good info at the reception, would recommend the hostel in a second.

Best hostel we've stayed at so far in Brasil! Very friendly staff, they will provide you with everything you need and they give you a lot of advice where to go and what to do in São Paulo. Very clean, amazing breakfast, Netflix!!!

Nice hostel at a good location, near a metro station and in a very nice neighboorhood with lots of bars! Dorms are a bit small for travellers with backpacks, because they do not fit in the lockers. Breakfast and kitchen are good! Some of the staff is really nice and helpfull, others are really really grumphy!! Overall, we would recommend this hostel for your stay in Sao Paulo, but we would recommend even more to just do not go to Sao Paulo! The city is só big and ugly!!

I'm not a big fan of triple bunkbeds but they were alright, spacious rooms and lockers. Nice breakfast. Luis was amazing but the rest of the staff was a bit grumpy and looked bored. Very close to metro station but a bit far from the center of Vila Madalena, good plays to stay, nice atmatmosphere.

We stayed here for 3 nights, and it was close to perfect! The staff is friendly and really helpfull. The rooms were clean and each bed had a locker with a key. Breakfast is alright, better that the other ones we've had on our trip so far. Staying at Cafe hostel is absolutely worth the money! :-)

• 4th Mar 2015