Cafe Hostel Reviews

Rua Agisse, 152, Vila Madalena, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Came to Sao Paulo to relax before flying back to Australia and this hostel was just what I needed. Comfy beds, close to metro/shops/bars, great chillout area, clean, cool little bar area, but most of all excellent staff. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

One of the best hostel i've ever been. Excelent location, nice people, clean, very good breakfast, good location, near from metro, u feel home. i have no complaining about this hostel.

• 15th Jul 2014

The best staff & the best restroom facilities in any hostel I've stayed at thus far!

The wifi is open but kicks you off line every two minutes(highly annoying). And it can only be accessed from the leaving room cos once you are in your dorm you don't get the signal. Some areas need maintenance, like the main door that it's pain to open. Appart from that the staff is friendly and the communal areas are comfortable enough

We have a fast internet connection that reaches all rooms and we haven't received any complaints to date.We asked the receptionists who worked during the two days you stayed with us and they said that the internet was working fine, the problem must have been your device.The low rating in the category "value for money" hurts our hearts, since you arrived one day later and we didn't charge you for the 1st night (even though we were fully booked). We're glad you enjoyed everything else though!

Unreal breakfast and one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Staff were awesome and the place was great!

Awesome hostel, great set up and good atmosphere. Very easy to get around the city from the subway close by. Would return to this hostel for sure!!

Not having a sign made things harder for me (but they do warn you about that!). Having 3 beds per bunk made the room a little messy with everyones stuff, but the beds were comfy! The staff was super helpful, he went the extra mile to help me get my phone charged when I really needed to let them know I got there ok. Wish I had checked out more of the place!

We do have a big sign that is hard to miss, you must have mixed it up with another hostel ;) Next time you should try staying in one of our dorms with only two beds per bunk, they have plenty of space!

Loved it. My friend and I were/are having some problems in Sao Paulo with accommodation but these guys helped us far more then we could have hoped for. They found room for us when there were no beds, they made us feel comfortable and at home at all times and everyone was so helpful. The hostel has a great vibe and I cannot praise it any higher than a 100% score. Breakfast is great, all the facilities are great and the best thing is the staff. A great set of people in a fantastic hostel.

I would rate this place. Excellent hospitality

Excellent hostel for Sao Paulo. I moved from another hostel to this one because it was so much better. excellent facilities with an awesome big screen. The staff were excellent and helpful. very clean and had a good vibe.

We loved this Hostel! Awesome breakfast, super friendly staff. Clean, close to the metro. My friend lost a necklace and after the cleaning staff found it they sent us an email asking where they should send it - super nice. Stefan

• 14th Jun 2014

And we loved having you here! Here's a souvenir: http://globotv.globo.com/rede-globo/antena-paulista/t/edicoes/v/estrangeiros-aproveitam-para-fazer-turismo-no-brasil/3440320/ ps: The necklace is on its way!

Friendly Staff and an excellent breakfast! Melon and lots of other fruits, cheese, pancake,... thats how you want to start a day! And I slept really good in the bed! Keep it up ;)

• 14th Jun 2014

Thank you for the nice feedback, we're glad that you enjoyed your stay at Café Hostel. You were on TV! Have a look: http://globotv.globo.com/rede-globo/antena-paulista/t/edicoes/v/estrangeiros-aproveitam-para-fazer-turismo-no-brasil/3440320/

Its a good place to stay, the only thing: they will charge u every little thing even a phone call. Wifi is good in the lobby, not in the room

We're glad you liked to stay with us!The wifi works fine in all rooms - the signal is indeed not the best in one of our upper rooms, but we have great common areas inside and outside (and a cinema!), where you can use your laptop/phone. Allowing our guests to make phone calls is a service we don't make any profit with, we charge you the cost we have.Calls that are free for us(numbers in São Paulo),will be for free for our guests as well.

Super friendly staff, super breakfast, good location for the price, definitelly will come back if I come to Sao paolo

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in Brazil. The breakfast is one of the best I've ever seen in hostels anywhere. Very good structure, everything new, with functional and clean bathrooms. On the bedroom there's individual lights and sockets. Staff was always very nice and helpful. The only concern I had for security was that the outside door was sometimes unlocked at night. The other problem in the hostel is their choice of toilet paper, let's spend a little more on that, please.

Really good breakfast, comfy beds and nice lounger area. Showers could do with doors not curtains. Weird set up with the bar, didn't see one person behind it during the 4 days I was there, and there didn't seem much point to it considering you had to be quiet by 10pm - not a party hostel.

Great hostel to stay in of you go to Sao Paulo. The location is really good with the metro station only 3 minutes away and the neighborhood felt safe. It is clean and the bathroom is nice! The breakfast is really good, one of the best I had when I was in Brazil. The staff is awesome and they make a good atmosphere. I recommend this hostel!

Nice hostel with super friendly staff!

I highly recommend it! Just a few meters from the metro station, a great staff and a breakfast with amazing "bolinhos de chuva", some kind of doughnuts with sugar and cinnamon. A short walk takes you to bars, galleries, restaurants, squares and a large list of nice places to visit. I really enjoyed my time at Mercearia São Pedro, a traditional "boteco", that is just around the corner . Staff is always happy to make things easy for you and show the best places to go. I will definitely come back!

• 12th Mar 2014

Cleanest hostel I've ever been too. Big beds, clean showers. Only seven months old so the staff had some teething issues eg finding us the right keys to our lockers and showing us to the right dorm. Good breakfast, great cake! Outdoor terrace bar was great for socializing. Close walk to the metro.