Cafe Hotel de l'avenir Reviews

1 rue Charles Schmidt, Saint Ouen, Paris, France

Hotel was reasonably quiet and the room was nice and dark for those who may be jet-lagged. It was good that there was a shower and sink in the room, however there was only one toilet (out in the hallway) for the entire floor of guests.They also had an automatic air freshener set up in the hallway that sprayed a VERY INTENSE smell frequently, to the point where you would want to hold your breath when in the hallway. The hotel has a nice little cafe downstairs.

Impressive! The neighbourhood is friendly with affordable meal options and the rooms are well-furnished. Daily cleaning service is certainly a plus.

Wonderful, clean, romantic hotel. A little bit far from all the tourist attractions however the station is right out side so it made getting around very easy. Would stay again !!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Very clean and friendly staff. The cafe downstairs is good for a morning coffee or late night drink. It's around the corner from a metro stop and a short ride to all the sites in Paris! Great little spot!

• 6th Jun 2014

This hostel definitely made the visit to Paris even better. It was very clean, literally steps from the Garibaldi station (making it very quick to get into the city), quiet, shower in the room and affordable there is nothing else you can want in a hostel. Vincent, Laurent, and Sammy all were very welcoming and made for a fun atmosphere at the downstairs bar. Very satisfied with my stay at this hostel!

• 28th May 2014

My stay as wonderful the staff are very welcoming and the food in the cafe is amazing. Being across the street from the metro is a huge bonus . I would definately stay here again.

• 27th May 2014

Friendly staff and good location

The only problem I encountered was that I was expecting a room with a toilet inside, as I booked a 'private single room with bathroom', but as soon as I was there I realized none of the rooms has its own WC, but only sink and shower.

The hotel is located just outside the exit of Garibaldi station which is so good. Though the Garibaldi is seem to be the north of Paris, it is not such a dangerous area at all. The room is quite small and there is only shared toilet (but ensuite bathroom). But overall it is great. There is also a nice hotel restaurant. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Great place, very recommendable if you are looking for a simple place to sleep and shower

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Spain

The hostel was awful... Despite on the website was written that the room was unsuited, the toilette was shared and very very small... All the hostel smelled like a big cherry marshmallow. The staff is really unfriendly and the most important thing: you have to pay the minute you come inside. You can't see the room before. Don't choose this hostel, is cheap but that's all. I hope to find something better the next time.

I totally enjoyed my stay in the hotel along with my family. The staff is super friendly, the location next to the metro station, surrounding area and the value per money is excellent. My wife only complained a little bit about having the toilette outside the room, but we both found the place very comfortable.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

Modern and clean en suite room with Metro station adjacent. Good restaurant and bar downstairs - very reasonable for Paris. Great staff esp Vincent.

The room was clean. I thought it was weird that there was no sink/soap with the toilet, so everyone has to go back to their rooms to wash their hands. I don't smoke, but since its allowed, i noticed smoke coming into my room from other rooms and it really bothered me. I thought the locatio nwould be closer to the city center with more walkable sights but the metro stop was fairly convenient.

• 3rd Feb 2014